New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Touring]

Sure! Follow me!
    ((And at this point, I think, we wait for Ghar.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Zero's energy field massacres all of the beetles which have climbed onto his body up to this point. They drop to the ground, dead, some falling into the fissures forming in the earth. Of course, the anti-daemon energy causes the daemon Zero is combating to redouble its efforts.

Zero may find a wall of bugs soaring at him from behind. Out of the cracks in the ground (which some of the beetle corpses have fallen into) rise green, thorny vines which attempt to blugeon Zero from the front, likely preventing him from directly attacking the beetles swarming Valaira.

Sophie shall discover that the daemons appear to be particularly susceptible to anything that would kill normal beetles. Magic, pesticide, large blunt objects, and fire seem to be their primary weaknesses.

The voice just laughs at Sophie. The beetles which are not currently engaging Zero or restraining Valaira amass into one, huge humanoid mass, which turns its attention to Valaira and attempts to seize her in one of its massive, osseous hands.

Simon's barrier of protection activates a tad late (specifically because the daemons were considerably closer to Valaira than he was when they attacked and he countered). Quite a few beetles have already latched onto Valaira. Countless insects hurl themselves at the field of protection, attempting to pierce it with brute force and sheer numbers. Their death is of no consequence.

And then comes the hand described above.

Oh boy! What has Simon got himself into?

-----

[Through the Portal -- Mayor's Manor]

As Rein ventures through the tunnel, the stench of death might assail his nostrils. The air here is stagnant. It is likely that it smells not only of the recently sacrificed but also of those long dead corpses decaying further along the path.

The chanting grows louder. Rein might be able to hear the sound of twenty drums beating out an ancient tune which coaxes the aggression of the listener out into plain sight and empowers it to undertake terrible acts which rebel against god and man alike.

If Rein chooses to continue down this path, he will eventually arrive in a colossal dome-shaped chamber hewn out of solid bedrock. Hundreds of men, women, and children dance around a pillar of gold that has been erected in the center of the darkened pit. A torch is held high over the pillar where there rests a grisly altar. A number of people have died this night. Blood trickles down the sides of the mound and pools in a recess around it.

Children wade in the blood. Most seem to be having a good time of it.

Heathens sacrificing their own to their false gods, each armed with a ceremonial dagger in case their name be called to perform the honored deed either as executioner or sacrifice.

All of the voices sing, in unison, one name, "G'gramnad."

The walls pulsate rhythmically with the beat of the drums, as though they were the chambers of a still living heart torn from the chest of a mutilated child forever falling in the darkness of the abyss.

Why would Valaira want to come here? Why would anyone want to come here?

Nobody, dead or alive, should ever be here.

This is a bad place. A womb of hell.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-13 at 12:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Simon's eyes begin to glow with an eerie yellow light. His mouth opened and sparks of electricity came out, electrifying the beetles without hurting Valaira. This should eliminate all the bugs while keeping the shield up.
    Simon used Hidden Power!
    "You alright?"
    Due to Hidden Power's lingering effects, Simon briefly spoke in a language Valaira would know.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-13 at 08:59 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate Kyland arrives.

She is tired, thirsty, hungry, and confused. She is upset because she doesn't have a job, or a bed. If she was a bit less of a optimist, she would be immensely depressed.

If she knew that a temporal copy of herself was currently working to get her a job, she would be slightly happier albeit more confused. Plot clones: how you get twelve hours of work done... in twelve hours. There are a lot of distractions in the nexus.

She looks around. Nice place.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Well, now's probably a good time to call for backup. So Sophie yells: Over here! Help! She doesn't really have anything better to do, with her handgun and minor powers.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

[No Longer Touring]

Becca was just sort of listening to what's going on. Regrettably she knows nothing of pokedex repairs. She would suggest taking it to the pokemon center, but she'll hold off on that for the moment. Anyway, the girl will follow along.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [No Longer Touring]

Becca was just sort of listening to what's going on. Regrettably she knows nothing of pokedex repairs. She would suggest taking it to the pokemon center, but she'll hold off on that for the moment. Anyway, the girl will follow along.
    "I'm really sorry that we have to cut this tour short, Becca, it was fun." he sounded sorry.
    "Lead the way, Brinika."
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeshore]

Well, now's probably a good time to call for backup. So Sophie yells: Over here! Help! She doesn't really have anything better to do, with her handgun and minor powers.
    Hark! A cry for help!

Kyland rush- NO WAIT STOP.

They might be crying "Help" and the context is... laser... monkey zombies.

Kyland approaches carefully, quietly. She peeks around a cabin or tree or something...

Evil hell beetles.

She stays far away and watches.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Through the Portal -- Mayor's Manor]

As Rein ventures through the tunnel, the stench of death might assail his nostrils. The air here is stagnant. It is likely that it smells not only of the recently sacrificed but also of those long dead corpses decaying further along the path.

The chanting grows louder. Rein might be able to hear the sound of twenty drums beating out an ancient tune which coaxes the aggression of the listener out into plain sight and empowers it to undertake terrible acts which rebel against god and man alike.

If Rein chooses to continue down this path, he will eventually arrive in a colossal dome-shaped chamber hewn out of solid bedrock. Hundreds of men, women, and children dance around a pillar of gold that has been erected in the center of the darkened pit. A torch is held high over the pillar where there rests a grisly altar. A number of people have died this night. Blood trickles down the sides of the mound and pools in a recess around it.

Children wade in the blood. Most seem to be having a good time of it.

Heathens sacrificing their own to their false gods, each armed with a ceremonial dagger in case their name be called to perform the honored deed either as executioner or sacrifice.

All of the voices sing, in unison, one name, "G'gramnad."

The walls pulsate rhythmically with the beat of the drums, as though they were the chambers of a still living heart torn from the chest of a mutilated child forever falling in the darkness of the abyss.

Why would Valaira want to come here? Why would anyone want to come here?

Nobody, dead or alive, should ever be here.

This is a bad place. A womb of hell.
    That aggression thing a magical effect working on Rein too or just a description of the drumming? It doesn't change much of this post, but it probably will change future posts.

Hundreds... hundreds is a lot of people. No matter what he does, he's going to draw attention of probably more than he can handle.

Violence doesn't seem like it should be the answer either. That'd probably only lead to a cycle which just ends with Reinholdt joining this crazy blood kill cult. Though Reinholdt suspects he might be able to kill a good couple of hundred before they take him down.

No. No, there is one way to try to handle this. It's crazy.
    But then.
    It's Rein.

Reinholdt pulls out a flute and starts playing. This is a magical flute. In particular, this flute, when played, works to relax people and beasts, creating a euphoria in their calm. It's Pan's Flute. Quite powerful stuff.

Though, as I said before, Reinholdt has no magical talent whatsoever. So imagine someone playing the flute horribly, squeaking and shrilling, and certainly sounding absolutely horrible next to those drums only it's relaxing...

Effectiveness may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Jamie, meanwhile, heads into the Main Lodge, and starts packing a backpack!
    Looks like she's getting ready to head out on an expedition.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Cabin}

An onion rolls up to Jamie and, after extending a tendril, begins rubbing her leg.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Jamie squeaks in surprise! But manages not to jump.
    And looks down with a giggle.
    "Oh! Um, hi there..." she tells the onion, leaning down for a better look at the ambulatory vegetable.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

{Main Cabin}

The onion waves up at Jamie. It's a young onion.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Jamie smiles and waves back!
    "Why, hello there. You're kinda cute," she tells the small onion. "You following me or something?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Lakeshore]

The cry awakens an armoured individual meditating near the lake. They subsequently look up at the scene near it.

"That is a matter novel to me"

They stand up and notice Sophie in the beetle-hand's grasp and sarcastically remarks.

"I shall have to assist this mortal, shall I not?"

Before running closer and attempting to use their armour's lasers, sending two beams toward the hand's base to sever it.

Their aim is not very good, but it will probably hit a large target.

((I may have read the description of what the bugs are doing wrong, if so, then Friend is just firing at the largest amount of bugs not attacking anyone ))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

[No Longer Touring ==> Mushroom Cellar]

Brinika leads Zach and Becca to a cellar a little away from the Main Cabin. She enters and calls out in a langage that's presumably Goblin. After a moment, a goblin woman emerges from one of the doors there.

Hello, children. Brinika says you need some help. Of course, even though they're children and she's in her late twenties, she's unlikely to be taller than they.

17. - Top - End - #257

[No Longer Touring ==> Mushroom Cellar]

Brinika leads Zach and Becca to a cellar a little away from the Main Cabin. She enters and calls out in a langage that's presumably Goblin. After a moment, a goblin woman emerges from one of the doors there.

Hello, children. Brinika says you need some help. Of course, even though they're children and she's in her late twenties, she's unlikely to be taller than they.
    "Hi, Zach Rolfe, really nice to meet you, Reelshka. I was wondering if you could help me do two things. 1, join GLoG. 2, find my hat. Both are quite important."
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka smiles a little.
    The first is easy enough, as long as you're willing to help people redeem and aid those in need. As for your hat, well, how and where did you lose it?

19. - Top - End - #259

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka smiles a little.
    The first is easy enough, as long as you're willing to help people redeem and aid those in need. As for your hat, well, how and where did you lose it?
    "That's what I try to do already, it sounds nice. About my hat.....Well, I was just coming out of an unexplored cave in the forest near Pallet Town, I was trying to find a Shroomish, when I tripped and fell into this strange crack in the ground. Then, I was at Trog's Tavern with my hat gone."
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Oh, dear. Reelshka sounds worried. I think you'd need to return to your howeworld to get your hat back. It seems it was left behind when you were transported to the Nexus.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Mushroom Cellar]

Oh, dear. Reelshka sounds worried. I think you'd need to return to your howeworld to get your hat back. It seems it was left behind when you were transported to the Nexus.
    "But, but how will I do that? Is there just a convenient rift in time and space that allows easy travel back to my dimension?"
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

There might be. It seems that the ease of travel into and back from the Nexus depends on the world in question. You'd have to ask someone who deals with such travel.

23. - Top - End - #263

Toby is wandering around the camp without his hat on, enjoying the weather.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #264

[Mushroom Cellar]

There might be. It seems that the ease of travel into and back from the Nexus depends on the world in question. You'd have to ask someone who deals with such travel.
    "Do you know anyone who might be able to help then?"
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Toby is wandering around the camp without his hat on, enjoying the weather.
    A cat-pixie type thing with butterfly wings flutters up behind Tobias, trying to sneak up and pounce on him.

It looks an awful lot like Reinholdt when he's not being pink.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate Kyland stops watching the beetles and walks over to the main building. She looks around; nice place.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A cat-pixie type thing with butterfly wings flutters up behind Tobias, trying to sneak up and pounce on him.

It looks an awful lot like Reinholdt when he's not being pink.
    Even if the wings make noise, the... caxie? Pixat? Well, it will be able to pounce on the preoccupied druid.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Pixat giggles maniacally after catching the fiercesome druid.
    "If I were a mosquito, your blood would be GONE."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #269

Toby chuckles. Were you to suck my blood, I can think of three spells I know to give you a nasty surprise. He tries to grab the pixat and look at it. Why do you have those stupid looking wings?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    "Do you know anyone who might be able to help then?"
    I'm not sure, really. You'll have to ask around. Reelshka strokes her chin.
    Unfortunately for Kyland, all my characters are busy.