New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

1495: I may not carve a symbol of insanity on the town message board.
    1496: I may not turn into a lich, no matter how in character it may be.
    1496b: If I do turn into a lich, I may not use the indestructible plot central macguffin as my phylactery.
    "Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized."
    — Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

1496c: If I do use an indestructible plot central macguffin I may not further protect it by hiding it inside a tarasuqe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

1496d:
    If I send it to the Astral with a Bag of Holding and a Portable Hole, I can't claim that being "lost forever" means it's intact but permanently unfindable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    1496d:
    If I send it to the Astral with a Bag of Holding and a Portable Hole, I can't claim that being "lost forever" means it's intact but permanently unfindable.
    That's a horrible idea.

If you die, you will reintegrate AT the phylactery and be lost yourself.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    That's a horrible idea.

Two words my good friend:plane shift.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    That's a horrible idea.

Eh. Only if you say you regenerate at the phylactery. Which would make one of the epic level spells that lets you make more than one be completely broken becuase different bits would come back in different spots.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

1496e: I may not have a phylactery that is made of Riverine, and stared as an Artifact immune to Dispel magic effects, Anti-Magic Fields, Wild magic regions and effects, rods of Cancellation, and Sphere's of Annihilation.

1496f: If the above rule is violated or ignored, I may not place dozens of Fine sized Traps inside the Phylactery, which trigger upon the casting of disintegrate and Mordenkainen’s disjunction spells and immediately force the casters to make dozens of Counter spell rolls until they inevitably fail one. Traps also cannot be made of Riverine themselves and 100% encased in the Phylactery, thus making them untouchable by the effects listed in 1496e.

1496g: And I absolutely can't add making the phylactery a cursed Object that always immediately returns to me no matter what takes it away or where it takes it too for good measure either.
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

1496h: Not allowed to make a Sphere of Annihilation my phylactery.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Bugbear in the Playground

1497. I am to constantly remind myself that the DM has instituted a "No stealing from other party members" rule.

1497a. I am also to remind myself that my actions made him institute this rule.
    LGBTitp

10. - Top - End - #910
    Barbarian in the Playground

1498: As a DM, I may not intentionally create circumstances where each one of my players' characters experiences a mental breakdown.

1498a: No matter how funny/creepy it may be.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    1498: As a DM, I may not intentionally create circumstances where each one of my players' characters experiences a mental breakdown.

1499: As a DM, I may not intentionally create circumstances where each one of my players experiences a mental breakdown.

1499a. No matter how funny/creepy it may be.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post

1498b: Even if the adventure calls for a 50% chance for that exact thing to happen. (Source: Eerie temple room in G1: Steading of the Hill Giant Chief)

13. - Top - End - #913

1500. No more referencing video games that I haven't played that everyone else at the table has. It just gets embarrassing when the reference goes straight over their heads.

14. - Top - End - #914

BlueKnightGuy

1501: Not allowed to forge a note for every shop I visit for the shop boy from the manager to give me everything

1502: Not allowed to forge a note from the king when visiting the palace to obtain stuff I shouldn;t have
    1502a: The king has max ranks in forgery, many more so than me. my note from his descendants proving I am the true king will not work
    1502b: If, for example the king has detected my nefarious plot, not allowed to abuse the fact that all stealing has the same DC and I have a bag of holding on the way out
    1502c: there are very few fences willing to sell a prized painting of the king which he is very sad to have lost
    1502d: My characters are not allowed to be anything but lawful good anymore.
    1502e: but they said nothing about dilusional Grey Guards

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

1502f: No longer aloud to forge a deed to the kingdom, as well as a birth certificate saying you're the rightful king, and using those documents as well as a story about how you were kicked out of the kingdom as a child and raised in a monastary/wizards college/bard academy/wherever to start a revolution.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

1503: When people ask if I can make water with magic, they want to see a Create food and Water spell, not Flashflood.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    1503: When people ask if I can make water with magic, they want to see a Create food and Water spell, not Flashflood.
    1504: I will will not play Magika and D&D at the same time. Mixed games are as bad for my health as mixed drugs.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    1499: As a DM, I may not intentionally create circumstances where each one of my players experiences a mental breakdown.

1499a. No matter how funny/creepy it may be.
    1499b: Nor can I leave them alone with Vknight or Glypthstone

1499c: Especially together for as Vknight with Glypthston is the all in one the one in all the sleeping master and the ruler of.... Sorry what was I saying?

1504: I cannot accidentally enter a trance in or out of character which causes me to predict the future or state things so I can get away with them.

1505: Dwarven chainsaws are not a group of hammers tied to a track moving at a fast rate.
    1505b: Elves could make chainsaws and may have already done so
    1505c: Gnomish chainsaws are not kobolds rapidly snacked against a flat surface
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

19. - Top - End - #919

BlueKnightGuy

1505d: to ri-itterate, there is no 'glorious chainsaw method'
    1505e: OK, there is, but it requires a fighter with no sense motive, a negative intelegence score and maxed out TWF feats

20. - Top - End - #920

1496i. Upon realizing that the other party members are all chivalrous Lawful Good do-gooders, I am not allowed to use the world's cutest kitten as my phylactery.
    Last edited by Dire Moose; 2011-10-17 at 06:35 AM.
    LGBTitp

21. - Top - End - #921

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post
    1496i. Upon realizing that the other party members are all chivalrous Lawful Good do-gooders, I am not allowed to use the world's cutest kitten as my phylactery.
    of course not - you can't use living creatures!

oh, wait, you meant because of the LG - nah, that wouldn't help in the slightest. one part of duty is doing things for the good of the many

22. - Top - End - #922
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post
    1996j: If I ignore the above and one of them turns out to enjoy the taste of kitten stew, I am not allowed to complain.

1506: Dwarves do not have a racial taste for kitten.
    1506b: Nor is the secret to dwarven craftsmanship kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Did 1504 twice, so skip 1507.

1508. Not allowed to call my magic cannonball loaded with special abilities the "Buggy Ball".
    1508a. Not allowed to call the grenade version the "Muggy Ball".
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-10-17 at 12:32 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

24. - Top - End - #924
    Halfling in the Playground

1506c: The explanation for my dwarf killing every kitten we come across is not "Because the overseer told me to do so."
    1506d: It may also not be "To protect others from their mind control powers."

1509: Cats do not have innate mind control powers.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos rising View Post
    1496: I may not turn into a lich, no matter how in character it may be.
    1496b: If I do turn into a lich, I may not use the indestructible plot central macguffin as my phylactery.
    1510: If I do use the indestructible plot central Macguffin for my phylactery, I cannot complain when it is destroyed as part of the plot for the adventure.
    1511: Even if the plot was railroaded.
    1512: Even if it was in the middle of the adventure.
    1513: Even if it only became part of the plot after I destroyed the last plot with the unkillable lich character.
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

1514. There are no swordchucks, yo.
    1515. When confronted with a guard who always lies and one who always tells the truth, I may not cast zone of truth.
    1516. As DM, I can't add in a guard that stabs people who ask tricky questions.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    1515. When confronted with a guard who always lies and one who always tells the truth, I may not cast zone of truth.
    1517. As a player, I cannot use divinations to help with these types of problems.
    1517a.Especially if the divination is "speak with dead"

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giarc View Post
    1506c: The explanation for my dwarf killing every kitten we come across is not "Because the overseer told me to do so."

1509a: Except when they do.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giarc View Post

Urist cancels Slaughter Animal: Taken by Mood
    Last edited by NNescio; 2011-10-17 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    1514. There are no swordchucks, yo.
    1515b: Nor may I attack one or both of the guards to see who denies being injured.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)