New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Eastern Tarthenol [IC]

Gaspar starts in surprise and turns to fight, readying himself with his torch in one hand and the wand in the other, awaiting the unknown beast's charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[17]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar cautiously approaches the beast and reaches out, his hand glowing with dark light as he attempts to press his fingertips against the beast's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charnal Touch
    (1d20+3)[19]
    (1d8)[1]
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-07-21 at 07:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

The creature bites out at you as you enter its reach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d6+3)[7]

Undeterred, you draw negative energy into your grasp and strike your attacker. You feel the energy seep into it and a slight bit of color drains from its features.

Visible now, with your dimmed torch, is a creature that would be tall if it wasn't stooped over. As it is it is nearly 6 feet tall. It has a boar face, with two large tusks emerging from the side of its very toothy grin. A mane of fur runs down its neck and back onto the otherwise naked scarred skin. Its skin has a green tint like that of an orc, and there are scraps of armor and clothing dangling from its body, as well as the remains of a set of manacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[21]
    (1d6+3)[4]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Encouraged by the successful blow, Gaspar follows up by reaching out with his wand, the tip glowing red with energy as he tries to land a second attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inflict Light Wounds
    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d8+1)[5]
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-07-21 at 07:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

You reach out with your imbued hand and touch the creature before you. It growls as more color fades from it's body.

He steps to your right and continues to lash out with his teeth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20]
    (1d6+3)[9]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar shudders as the beast tears into his armor, angering him and causing him to lash out again, wand in hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[11]
    (1d8+1)[5]

7. - Top - End - #97

You strike the creature with your wand and small wounds appear on his body, the scars splitting open with new flows of green blood.
    The creature appears to reconsider his tactics. He steps behind some crates and you lose sight of him in the faint illumination of your torch. You hear a small growl, and your torch goes out. You are plunged into darkness.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar laughs loudly and then whispers.

"...Like the dark could stop me!"

He waves his hands and summons a Human Warrior Skeleton where he saw the beast disappear, giving it a simple instruction.

"Kill him!"

Gaspar points where the urns used to be, although he obviously cannot see in the dark.

9. - Top - End - #99

Behind you, towards the stairs Augh disappeared down, you feel something lunge at you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d6+3)[8]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar reels from the last blown landed on him, managing to stay on his feet as he turns his wand on himself, the red tip glowing as it touches his breast, closing some of the scrapes all over his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[8]

As he takes care of this, he hears the sound of clacking bones as his skeleton follows its last orders, approaching the beast and taking a swing at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[5]
    (1d6-1)[3]

11. - Top - End - #101

You feel an invigorating rush of dark energy fuel your body as the wand touches you.
    You hear the sound of your skeletal warrior swinging at something directly in front of you, but there are no outbursts of pain.

A low growl that you remember sounds in the area the skeleton was attacking, and something lunges away from you. The rattle of bones echoes in the silent room as an impact strikes them.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[9]
    (1d6+3)[5]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar uses both sounds to try to pinpoint the location of the beast, his hand glowing faintly in the darkness as he lunges out.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[5]
    (1d100)[56]
    (1d8)[5]

As Gaspar lunges out, the skeletal warrior attempts another strike against the beast from the flank, hoping to land the blow between a dual pronged attack.
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-07-21 at 08:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[2]
    (1d6-1)[3]

14. - Top - End - #104

You hear a clang as a weapon hits the ground, and a fiendish snarl as there is motion in front of you. Your hand misses your target, but you feel confident you had the location of your target correct up to this point.

There is a hint of a struggle, and then the sound of motion. It is soft and non-rattling, so you assume it is the creature and not your skeleton.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disarm (1d20+4)[15]
    Move Silently (1d20+2)[21]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20-1)[17]
    Attack (1d20+1)[21]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Confused with the situation and unsure of where the beast is, Gaspar takes a step backward and attempts to relight his torch, hoping to succeed in bringing light back to this situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]
    (1d6-1)[5]
    (1d20+1)[16]
    (1d6-1)[2]

17. - Top - End - #107

The torch reignites and you can see the same creature which initially attacked you backed towards the wall of refuse. You catch sight of it struggling with your creature, attempting to take its weapon from it. It is fought off and pushed backwards before being struck by your minion. Noticing the torch being lit, it looks at you for a moment, but continues its assault on your skeleton.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[19]
    (1d6+3)[7]

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar, encouraged by the ability to see again, cautiously steps in and reaches his hand out, attempting to place it firmly on the creature's skin.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]
    (1d8)[4]

The skeleton receives a grazing blow from the beast, and returns a swing, the sword coming down across the beast's chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[17]
    (1d6-1)[0]

19. - Top - End - #109

The skeleton makes a feeble jab at the creature, barely opening the smallest of cuts along its arm. This, however, distracts the creature long enough for you to lay your hand on the back of its head. You feel a surge of negative energy enter the creature, and its eyes roll up into the back of its head a moment before it crumples to the ground.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar smiles and sighs in relief before waving away the skeleton, who started to look patiently at Gaspar for new orders.

"Go... protect that wall."

Gaspar points the wand at his chest, the tip flashing twice as he channels energy through it and into himself before he turns his attention to the urns surrounding the room, inspecting them curiously.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[7]
    (1d8+1)[7]

21. - Top - End - #111

You give a quick look through the damaged goods around you. There are some rations in a questionable state that you could take, scraps of clothing of a style you do not recognize, and a barrel full of crossbow bolts.
    Of note, you find an amber colored potion, and a scroll bound with a light string.

From above you, you hear a load roar from Augh, and then silence.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar pockets the potion, noting to himself that he needs to find a method of identifying it later, and picking up the scroll, keeping it in hand before ascending the stairs to meet AUUGH. He's probably already impatient from me taking so long. Oh well. At least I'm not dead.

23. - Top - End - #113

You ascend the stairs to find Augh locked in combat with the creature you saw him rush off towards earlier. At the very least, it's a similar creature, as there are two other identical creatures on the ground around the room. Their frog eyes stare blindly at the walls and their tongues are extended and lolling out of their mouths.

In a detached way, you take in the surroundings of the room. There is a cheerful fire below a small smoke flute, and three plush chairs face towards it. One of them has been knocked towards the fire, and it is smoldering slightly along with the intricate rug that had been beneath it. On the opposite side of the room there is a waist high book shelf a quarter filled with books, and a small desk.

Augh continues to swing at the creature, but it is so far avoiding his attacks. Augh has several wounds on him which leak a light green pus, but he is showing no signs of noticing.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar takes in the situation and slowly approaches AUUGH, trying to talk to ensure AUUGH is aware of my presence.

"Alright Auugh, I caught up, one of these caught me by surprise below. Lets not stab me, eh?"

Just to be sure, Gaspar stops short of AUUGH's reach and prepares for the fight, pocketing the scroll in the same pouch he keeps his wand in, switching them out and readying himself.

25. - Top - End - #115

The Slaad and Augh continue pressing towards one another, each seeking to gain an advantage. Augh does not glance towards you when you speak, but it appears as though he does not want to give a fraction of his attention to something outside of this fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[21]
    (2d6+12)[20]
    (1d20+9)[20]
    (1d8+7)[11]

The Slaad lunges at Augh and he steps in abrupty. He grabs the Slaad's claw and pulls it towards him as his other hand swings down into its side. He appears to take a scratch from the claw, but his opponent is lethally wounded. The Slaad wobbles for a moment, and falls on the spot.
    Last edited by 0nimaru; 2011-07-25 at 04:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar approaches the battle, intending to aid AUUGH in felling the frog like creature, and then stops short, seeing the creature fall under AUUGH's mighty blows.

"...Huh. How about that. Nicely done, Auugh. Sorry I wasn't here sooner"

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-07-25 at 06:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Augh bends over the felled creature and prods it with his sword, checking for signs of life. Apparently satisfied, he cleans his blade, but does not sheathe it. He turns to you and speaks.
    I can't stand Slaad. Pure chaos they are. They're not prime combatants in the Blood War, but I saw enough of em and no matter how far I am from those fields.. I still can't stand the sight of em.

Didn't mean to be leaving you alone like that, but you seem to have done fine. Did you find anythin' in that what looked like a storeroom below?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar nods and produces the scroll from his hip pouch and holds it out.

"I found this down below in some of the boxes. I'm not good with scrolls but if you give me some time later I can possibly determine what it means. ...We should probably put that out."

Gaspar turns his attention to the burning carpet and calmly considers the room, unsure of what could put it out.

29. - Top - End - #119

Augh pulls the rugs and chair further away from the fire and stomps out the smoldering portions. He looks briefly at the scroll and shakes his head.

If its anything to do with magic, let the wagonmaster have a look I suppose. I'm not one for different tongues, and I don't do anything with magic myself. We'll give a full look around after we clear out the floor above us and drop the cube. Guessin' from the roof height and the size outside, thinkin' nothing funnies going on, this will be the last one.

Good and ready Gasp?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar pauses, considering for a moment before asking.

"Odd question, Auugh, but, you aren't undead, by chance, are you? If you are I can heal you. Seems a valid possibility considering your past in the Blood Wars."