New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well, less "fragment" at the second stage, and more "explode". But we're talking fairly small explosions. Instead of one single blade with all that energy, it's a dozen pieces, each with 1/12 the energy.
    As well, he can't control the pieces. So it's like throwing a fragmentation grenade, or an AOE Kido. If you just stand there, you'll be hurt. Get out of the area, or throw up some sort of method of blocking the explosions and fragments, and you're doing okay. This isn't some super-sure-kill-un-blockable move (the closest thing he has to that is the super-beam that's a Hado 88).
    Oh. Fragmentation grenades fragment, and at that heat the shrapnel would go through just about anything. It's more like plastic explosives then.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

On 4th: I would be fine with Nick making the Captain, and tgva making the Lieutenant.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't gonna make an Lt. for 4th, I was gonna make one for 7th since Edge has desired having one.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, right. Don't mind me.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'll get to crafting a Captain for the 4th then.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm also working on making a 5th seat for the 4th division, so we'll actually have multiple people in it.

And I'll get to posting in the Gaiden as soon as I think of a suitable counter for Shin'ichi.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, that can be a little tough with the position he's in.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    I'm also working on making a 5th seat for the 4th division, so we'll actually have multiple people in it.

And I'll get to posting in the Gaiden as soon as I think of a suitable counter for Shin'ichi.
    How about a vice-captain?
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-07-23 at 12:40 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

I would, but I already have a very similar problem to Tgva's: Seiko is already an acting captain, and Daisuke is looking to become a Vice-Captain very quickly if Magatsu becomes captain. Therefore, as a result of the story, I've already broken the rules. I'd rather not do that even more, if I don't have to.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fair enough.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Without further ado, here's the new member of the 4th division!

Sun Wha, 4th Division 5th seat
    Spoiler
    Show

Age (actual/apparent): 83/21
    Height: 5’ 5”
    Weight: 115 lb
    Hair: Jet black
    Eyes: Light brown
    Reiatsu: Light red, with the feeling of a warm, gentle breeze

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A slim young woman, Sun Wha has a innocent appearance that belies her experience. Her small face is framed by her hair, which is worn short but loose, and her narrow eyes always seem to be searching for something.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A kind woman (you have to be to be in 4th), Sun Wha tends to be quiet and soft-spoken in front of large groups. In smaller gatherings, she is known to speak her mind often and loudly, and subtlety is not and never will be her strong suit. If she feels that something is wrong, she will let you know. Especially if it’s you.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hailing from deep in the Rukongai, Sun Wha comes from the 72nd East district. While by no means the worst district of the Rukon, it was still a lousy place to live, and Sun Wha’s life was not easy. She was born to a family of doctors, and her life reached a low point when a group of raiders that had been refused service by her family decided to burn her house to the ground. Sun Wha barely escaped with her life by running away, but her family wasn’t so lucky. Since that day, Sun Wha has had two missions in her life: to find the people that killed her family, and to ensure that no one she cares about gets hurt like that again. Her determination carried her through the academy and the ranks of 4th division with nearly unparalleled speed, and she has no intention of stopping now.

Zanpakutou: Seihabara (Dominion Rose)
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakutou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seihabara appears as a tall woman garbed in a flowing robe of blood-red. She is extremely well-mannered, though the merest hint of disrespect sends her into a rage. Around her shoulders is a large wreath of roses and vines, though the thorns never pierce her ivory skin.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sun Wha’s immediate inner world is a lovely little two-story house, decorated as though a perfect family lives there. It is there that the spirit of Seihabara makes its home. Inside the house, everything is perfect and serene, in direct contrast with the world outside; an exact replica of the 72nd district, but eternally ablaze, the building and landscape forever burning, never extinguished or burning itself out. Sun Wha never ventures out of the house for very long.

Shikai: “Bloom, Seihabara!”
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the command, Seihabara’s tsuba shifts from its usual four-seed pattern into four rose blossoms, and the blade lengthens slightly. When the roses blossom, they begin emitting spores that are the blade’s true power. When someone inhales the spores, Sun Wha can use the spores to gain a slight amount of control over that person’s body. This is usually used for healing, where Sun Wha can use the spores to enhance and quicken the body’s natural healing processes, but it can also be used for offense, as the spores can be utilized to emulate the effects of various diseases, though none are debilitating. The spores are released at a constant but low rate, and their flight cannot be controlled by Sun Wha, though she can influence their direction by swinging the sword. As a side effect, Sun Wha is instantly aware of the physical condition of anyone with any number of spores inside them. The number of spores inside someone directly affects Sun Wha’s control over their body, though currently her influence can only be strong enough to moderately control the body’s processes.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanjutsu: Due to her background, Sun Wha trained rather extensively in Zanjutsu to keep herself from every being helpless. However, her lack of experience and natural talent keep her at a rather low level of skill.
    Hakuda: She attempted to train in this, but her slight frame and low strength keep her from excelling in it. She knows the basics, but not much else.
    Hoho: But the girl can move. Sun Wha is excellent at Hoho, and can use Shunpo to traverse a battlefield in just a few strides. Her speed is excellent, though her maneuverability is lacking at best.
    Kido: Where Sun Wha truly shines. Her mastery of reiatsu control is astounding, and though she has a relatively low volume of reiatsu, her precision is such that she can make it last significantly longer than it should. She can perform Hado up to level 50 with chants, and 35 chantless, though with a 35% loss of power for level 30 or above. She can also perform Bakudo of up to level 45 chantless, and up to 61 with chants. She is also a master of Qi and Wu Wei, and can perform Hanki to cancel most low-level Kido.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-07-25 at 02:12 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's Episode 11. The contents have been discussed with those involved. It's supposed to take place concurrently with the (eventual) ousting of "Kitano Takeshi". It's about a 13th Division patrol away from Phoenix Town.

So, horngeek, Dorizzit, kerfuffle, riccaru, the stage is yours.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

I couldn't find Dominion, but I DID find domination: which gives Seihabara.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Um, Nick currently HAS no Captain or Vice-Captain characters. (Aya may be due for a promotion, but in Ryouichi's place, I would wait until she's a little more mature to hand her a VC or Captain position.)
    Ryouichi isn't the one who chooses captain personally. It's supposed to be a majority vote, or by passing the test.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Ryouichi isn't the one who chooses captain personally. It's supposed to be a majority vote, or by passing the test.
    He is the one who has to approve of her promotion to VC position, which is what she's currently in line for.

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    He is the one who has to approve of her promotion to VC position, which is what she's currently in line for.
    Shouldn't that be up to central 46 or something? It's not like Ryouichi actually knows her. If Takaheshi says she's fit for the position it's not like the commander general will see anything that the captain himself wouldn't have.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... Fairly sure vice-captaincy is the sole realm of choice of the division's captain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

In which case Taiki has already told her he has approved of her promotion, they just have to make it official at some point.

Also, he wrote him an approval letter. I don't know what the official means of doing so, but that's probably something that should be discussed/decided by Central 5.

Also, it's Takahashi.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Hmm... Fairly sure vice-captaincy is the sole realm of choice of the division's captain.
    Captaincy probably undergoes at least supervision from the Commander-General, however.

EDIT: To elaborate, I think the process of choice goes (or CAN go) somewhat like this:

VC: Captain's choice. A VC is the closest thing a Captain has to a direct assistant after all.

Captain: In order to merit candidacy for a Captain position, the prospective individual has to satisfy a minimum of 1 of the following criteria:

1) Capable of using Bankai.
    2) Defeating the former Captain. (AKA Klingon Promotion)
    3) He must be approved by a minimum of five other captains for the post. (The Commander-General's vote probably counts twice. Plus, people are a lot more likely to follow the CG's vote than not.)

Out of the three, only defeat of the former Captain constitutes instant promotion. Criteria 1 and 3 are probably subject to secondary revision and/or CG veto. (There's a REASON he's called a commander-GENERAL.)

Central 46 seems to be something of a strictly legislational body rather than an executive one (to wit: whereas we have the Judiciary, the Legislative and the Executive powers, Seireitei has the Central 46 for Judiciary and Legislative and the Gotei 13 for the Executive. This makes sense to me because the idea that the CG has to ask Central 46 for everything seems... well, idiotic).

Captaincy is likely suggested/motioned by the CG and approved or veto'd by the Central 46. Judging from the shifts in power within Seireitei in canon, Central only really meddles with others when it absolutely has to.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-07-23 at 06:54 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

I thought we had decided that Captaincy followed similar guidelines to how it's determined by canon (minus the "kill in front of the Division" one).

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Updated this:

Bankai: Hikari no Magari no Arashi (English: Storm of Curving Light)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *The blades of Hikari no Magari no Arashi shift from yellow to blue. This color shift is indicative of an increase in the intensity of their heat and cutting power. His wakizashi triples in overall damage potential, while the katana is able to concentrate even more power, sextupling its damage potential (cutting power, blade strength, ability to burn through targets). However, this change does not, by default, increase the firing rate for his "blade throw".
    *Masaru can, whenever he uses a blade throw attack, cause the blade of either sword (or both) to split into 12 pieces, each containing 1/12th the power of the full blade. He may choose to make it split in mid-air, causing the pieces to spread out over a random area, or instead cause it to fragment on impact, spreading the pieces in a roughly 30-foot diameter circle. Each piece explodes on impact.
    *By holding the swords with blades crossed in front of himself, he can create a sudden flare of light, blinding and disorienting his enemies fora few critical seconds.
    *Masaru can hold his swords side-by-side and fire a blast equal to a Hado 88 with full chant. Both blades then take 3 seconds to fully regrow (though he can at least block with what does exist after about a second).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Killing is not needed, just defeating, I believe.

And I do recall that we decided that the primary means of achieving captaincy were undergoing the test or indication. I was talking about vice-captaincy, which I believe is the sole realm of decision of the division's captain, with no outside interference.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #203

In which case Taiki has already told her he has approved of her promotion, they just have to make it official at some point.

Also, he wrote him an approval letter. I don't know what the official means of doing so, but that's probably something that should be discussed/decided by Central 5.

Also, it's Takahashi.
    I was closer than most people!

Also, Hannibal got his captaincy through decapitating the previous 11th captain, so it's been done in our canon too. It probably just fell out of use since Hannibal did his more than 2-3 centuries ago.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Killing is not needed, just defeating, I believe.

And I do recall that we decided that the primary means of achieving captaincy were undergoing the test or indication. I was talking about vice-captaincy, which I believe is the sole realm of decision of the division's captain, with no outside interference.
    What he said.

I mentioned it mostly for the sake of completeness.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Near-exactly four centuries ago.

*Sniff* "It was fun while it lasted." *crocodile tears*
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-07-23 at 07:03 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #206

Like I said a while ago, until we officially fill the captains, five votes is a lot. pretty much all of them, where in canon it was only half the captains you needed for vote.

We have seven captains and one is an NPC. Changing the number from 5 to 3 would make a huge difference, all told. This could also be used for some roleplaying plot, since each of the candidates would have to get the OK from 3 or 5 captains.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-07-23 at 08:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, okay then. So in that case whenever Taiki has time he'll be handing Aya her badge.

I remember there being a scene where Renji receives his badge, but it's given to him by Momo Hinamori and Izuru Kira (who were already VCs at the time). I mean, I guess Byakuya might have been busy, but Renji wasn't even in the division yet as far as I knew. So I don't know. But if everyone agrees that promotions to Vice-Captaincy are entirely based on the current Captain's opinion, then I'll have Taiki do that eventually.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Also, it's Takahashi.
    Within the Division, Hell Butterfly Instant Messaging System works.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki still has to officially give her the VC badge. Besides, this is a promotion. Hell Butterflies are a little tame, I think. A real promotion should either have some kind of ceremony or at the very least Taiki calling Aya into his office.

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Within the Division, Hell Butterfly Instant Messaging System works.
    He'll just sweet it on switter. Better yet, he'll change your seretei status to VC.

Has Aya changed her facehook to "In a relationship" yet?