New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #1: Assemble

You would have to keep stealing years off of other peoples souls to stay alive that long anyway, so you may as well go whole hog evil and stake thier bodies as well.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Box Socks View Post
    The Hunt Club could have a type of target (doctors, transgenders, vagrants) that rotates every session or two. The Endowment could grant a bonus to Tactics rolls when their target fits the criteria.
    The Hunt Club are the Compact of Slashers, right? I'm not all that familiar with it, but it does seem to fit.
    As for other non-core Compacts, I'm thinking Illuminated Brotherhood, could get various benefits from various types of drugs. Promethean Brotherhood actually gets a proposed Endowment, but it's more in line with a Tier 3 one. I have no clue about the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood and Talbot group, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfang108 View Post
    Um...

Compacts don't have Endowments.

Conspiracies have Endowments.

That's why none of the Compacts from the splats have endowments in the splatbooks.

All of the Conspiracies in the Splatbooks have Endowments and R&D options.

Edit: Union, Div6, Bear Lodge, Night Watch & Barrett Commission are all Compacts (Tier 2) and thus don't get Endowments.
    What Fox Box Socks and Yuki Akuma said, yeah.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Hunt Club is basically Ashwood Abbey, only with people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

4. - Top - End - #124

PaladinGuy

Which, if you think about it, actually makes them less hardcore than the Abbey.
    Honor guard at the funeral in the Miko Fan Club.

Those who are too stupid to run, I salute you.

Human Male, age 35

"Have you come to lecture me on my evil ways?"

"Actually, I brought you some supper. But if you'd prefer a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped; sin and hellfire... one has lepers."

- Inara and Book, Firefly

5. - Top - End - #125

BardGuy

I'd be interested in playing in a Hunter The Vigil game. Is there anyone here who would be interested in running?
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

6. - Top - End - #126

RogueGuy

I'd love to play, but I am capped out running games with the vamp game I am running.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Which, if you think about it, actually makes them less hardcore than the Abbey.
    Somewhat ironically, the Hunt Club considers the Abbey to be immature poseurs.

"Oh, you hunt vampires? How very droll. I remember when I hunted vampires. Now, of course, I've expanded my focus to both vampires and the people who hunt vampires. I'd suggest you start running."
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

8. - Top - End - #128

RogueGuy

Ok, there needs to be a hunter game about a hunt club and an Abby who are competeing agenst each other in a continuous game of oneupmanship.

9. - Top - End - #129

Somewhat ironically, the Hunt Club considers the Abbey to be immature poseurs.

"Oh, you hunt vampires? How very droll. I remember when I hunted vampires. Now, of course, I've expanded my focus to both vampires and the people who hunt vampires. I'd suggest you start running."
    The logical progression of this, of course, is a group that specializes in hunting the Hunt Club. Sportsmanship is not encouraged, since any group with this focus has to realize how ludicrous the situation's become, but points are awarded based on how humiliating you can make the death of your slasher targets. The current leader of the Hunt Hunt Club Club was nominated for the position after luring his quarry onto a pressure plate with no purpose other than to trigger a recording of the title line from ACDC's "For Those About to Rock," then felling his target with a single sniper bullet on the word "FIRE."
    Last edited by CN the Logos; 2011-08-11 at 09:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    The logical progression of this, of course, is a group that specializes in hunting the Hunt Club. Sportsmanship is not encouraged, since any group with this focus has to realize how ludicrous the situation's become, but points are awarded based on how humiliating you can make the death of your slasher targets. The current leader of the Hunt Hunt Club Club was nominated for the position after luring his quarry onto a pressure plate with no purpose other than to trigger a recording of the title line from ACDC's "For Those About to Rock," then felling his target with a single sniper bullet on the word "FIRE."
    Oh yeah? Well, I'm a bounty hunter hunter hunter hunter, and unlike some people, I have a cat that I talk to on my watch!

...I don't know how obscure that reference was.

Anyway, I just got done running an Innocents game that I planned on becoming a Hunter game. At least until things got crazy and when I said "time to age your characters," one of the PCs decided "wizard" was a cool profession and wanted to be a hedge mage when he grew up (and has come back to town to try and train his 4-year old now 17-year old sister in the like), another one wanted to marry his childhood friend who I planned on turning into a wereboar when she grew up, and the third took a complete 180 from being the school bully into being the charity/bleeding heart voter on city council.

Now I have no clue what I'm going to do, but it's sure to be wacky.

11. - Top - End - #131

RogueGuy

You obviously need to have them all be attacked by hippy vampires.

Free Blood, man! Down with the patriarchal system of clans and servitude!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

So I'm playing a Virtual Adept/Hermetic Order (dual tradition merit) Mage in an oWoD Mage game and I've finally got enough XP to actually do something meaningful with.

My Spheres are sitting at Correspondence 3, Forces 2, and Mind 1.

The Character concept is that of a child prodigy linguist/computer programmer that stumbled on the Virtual Web before being Awakened. His first contact in the Virtual Web happened to be a forward thinking Hermetic Mage's Online Occult Library.

Currently I'm jet-setting around the globe with an Hindu Euothanatos Ex-CIA Assassin type, an almost-a-walking-node Hallow One Spirit/Prime monkey, and a very atypical Verbenna, yet still Life focused Mage.

I'm considering dipping in Time next. Forces 3 is always a big temptation however. And Mind 2 is pretty sweet as well.

Here's the question: What does the Playground recommend spending my XP on? I have enough to buy the 3rd dot in Forces, or the 2nd Dot in Mind and the 1st Dot in some other sphere, or even 2 more first Dot spheres (or close to having enough in anycase).

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hi!

Personnaly, I only play oWoD, and we (my IRL RPG-friend) find the nWoD to be only crap.

Actually, I'm playing a technomancer of the Celestial Chorus (very fun to play ^^) with Prime, Life and Matter 5. Creating living metal is really fun ><

Otherwise, I'm playing in a Sabbat campaign, in which I'm playing a Mathusalem ascet (what explains why he isn't far too strong for the others, and far too strong to do the campaign alone). Once again, verry fun.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Hi!

Personnaly, I only play oWoD, and we (my IRL RPG-friend) find the nWoD to be only crap.

Actually, I'm playing a technomancer of the Celestial Chorus (very fun to play ^^) with Prime, Life and Matter 5. Creating living metal is really fun ><

Otherwise, I'm playing in a Sabbat campaign, in which I'm playing a Mathusalem ascet (what explains why he isn't far too strong for the others, and far too strong to do the campaign alone). Once again, verry fun.
    What is it you don't actually like about the nwod?
    Doc Roc: We're going to eat ourselves.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

And why would you say you think it's crap? On the Internet?

That's only going to lead to arguments.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Fouredged Sword View Post
    You obviously need to have them all be attacked by hippy vampires.

Free Blood, man! Down with the patriarchal system of clans and servitude!
    I have an elder vampire who works as a therapist (Dominate is perfect for helping people with their problems; bonus points for a profession that doesn't make you feel like a complete parasite!), they seem like the kind of elder who would attract young turks like that, but it's the only vampire in town. If I do that, it will be a retro new age hippie who has protractors, so he can easily figure out the angle of things.

I've got in my notes stuff about how the Aegis Kai Doru and Task Force Valkyrie have been having turf wars in the town. It's a small town, and both groups have been using it as storage for gizmos and devices that they find, such as a marble that sings or various other relics that can't be used as weapons (or at least discriminatory ones), so there's a preponderance of stuff like that. Also witches and changelings, though there are no Atlantean mages in the setting (rotes can be learned by taking a merit if you're a thaumaturge, and cost a merit-based fuel to use).

17. - Top - End - #137

Generally I find what turns people off of nWoD is two things.

1. It isn't oWoD.

2. It's actually a horror game. Being a Mage that travels the world, solving crimes, right wrongs, and taking the fight to the Technocracy? Not possible. Being a Vampire that kills people on a nightly basis? Not possible either (for very long anyway). The system gutted the concept of pure good guys and pure bad guys. Everything and everyone has to work with shades of gray.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Generally I find what turns people off of nWoD is two things.

1. It isn't oWoD.

2. It's actually a horror game. Being a Mage that travels the world, solving crimes, right wrongs, and taking the fight to the Technocracy? Not possible. Being a Vampire that kills people on a nightly basis? Not possible either (for very long anyway). The system gutted the concept of pure good guys and pure bad guys. Everything and everyone has to work with shades of gray.
    I don't know, the biggest reason I didn't ever get into the nWoD was that I didn't want to shell out the money to by a whole new system. I suppose that might be a corollary of point 1, but I don't have any glaring opposition to the nWoD because it isn't oWoD. At least in my area, amoung my group of friends this is a pretty common reason.

Maybe we're just stingy lol

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the Hunter: the Vigil game... if there's enough interest, I could possibly run one. I can't guarantee quality, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Regarding the Hunter: the Vigil game... if there's enough interest, I could possibly run one. I can't guarantee quality, though.
    I could play in it. Would it be here on the forums?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Probably, since it's the simplest method. I'd be open for other options if there was demand, though.

22. - Top - End - #142

BardGuy

I'd love to play. Forums would be ok, since then everyone can contribute at their own pace, but IRC helps things go faster and allows for back and forth conversations.

23. - Top - End - #143

It's been a few years, but I could be talked into playing.

Only if Compact Endowments are allowed, though. I'm Doing Science is pretty much the most fun Merit ever.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

I'm a quite recent newcomer to the system and have fallen in love with all things nWoD. I just ran a one shot core game for a couple of my friends (ended with a tpk, but they're all converted to the system) and have a Vampire game in the works. My somewhat extremely biased vision sees it as one of the better systems/worlds ever designed.
    I'd probably be an oWoD fan, but I found the new one 1st.
    Last edited by Das Platyvark; 2011-08-12 at 06:47 PM.
    Fiberoptic Elflord avatar by Guest#1!

"It's like we fell down the rabbit hole and ended up in Stephen King's basement..."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. I have Compacts & Conspiracies and I'm definetly willing to allow Compact Endowments. The story I intend to run, the same one I ran for a group over an Internet chat, was Tier 1, but there's no problem with making it Tier 2. If we end up with a mixed-Compact cell, I'll need a reason as to why they're all working together, though.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Hm. I have Compacts & Conspiracies and I'm definetly willing to allow Compact Endowments. The story I intend to run, the same one I ran for a group over an Internet chat, was Tier 1, but there's no problem with making it Tier 2. If we end up with a mixed-Compact cell, I'll need a reason as to why they're all working together, though.
    *discos and sings*

Or did you mean a better one than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Somebody that pisses off a Warlock is going to go down fast. But with a Warlock, death will be a mercy because the Warlock is a secondary controller, and en route to killing you he'll first cripple you, then blind you, then set you on fire, then steal your girlfriend.
    "There is no overkill, there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Howard Tayler

27. - Top - End - #147

BardGuy

Well, I'd like to play a Union hunter, either a doctor or a car mechanic.

28. - Top - End - #148

RogueGuy

I'd love to play. I have a union carpenter I could recreate and run with. Crazy, crazy man though. Just don't mess with his cats. Really good with Havens though. Nothing like a handy man to build a really sturdy haven.

Please do make a looking for character thread and post a link here.

29. - Top - End - #149

BardGuy

Well, if we do play, I've got a doctor character created and ready to play.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

I'd also love to play. I wouldn't mind a mixed Compact/Conspiracy cell
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

"What you do is travel around, pitting your summons against other summoners. This gives you the right to compete in tournaments, and to gain more and more powerful summons.

Just watch out for evil Team Meteor Swarm, who want to steal your Eidolon for no good reason."
    Mark Hall