New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default AvB - Little Green

Yes, looking at this thread is a really bad idea... the combined might will make your eyes bleeeeeeed.

The gates of the Royal University of Scientific Esoterica stand before you open. Several buildings lay beyond. No one seems to be guarding the gated entrance, trusting that anyone wishing to cause trouble would think better than to attack the greatest concentration of young mages in the city. A stream of people are coming and going from the gate.

From what you have heard this is the only university in the whole city, and they host almost any sort of magical endeavor you can imagine. They have people studying how to develop new and inventive spells, creating custom magic items, and teaching advanced theory on many fields and sub-fields of magic.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

Having heard about grafts in his adventuring days, Little Green will seek out information on whether or not there is anyone in the university who can create such grafts.

He heads over to the registration desk, climbs on it, and dismisses his invisibility. "Do you mages know how to do grafts?" he asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #3

Spoiler
    Show

bump!!!!

some stuff

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-21 at 02:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    since you're the one who got me there, do you want to dm me?
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #5

Spoiler
    Show

Oops! The grafts post did not show! Thats why I bumped you! And yea no issue with running you! Rizban had said he -could- take you but since he is ill I will steal you for myself.

Time to try and see if I too can kill one of your toons!!!!

The clerk jumps back, raises his arms defensively and before even you have finished your words he has cast a quickened shield.

Then as he actually focuses on you and listens to what you say he replies.

"Damnit halfling! Dont sneak up on people like that! You scared me!!! I just wanted my quickened shield for no reason and those spontaneous slots are not cheap you know!!! I guess maybe I should consider investing on something that stops invisibility in the lobby... I will need to use you as a case study for the Dean...."he rants before shaking his head.

"Grafts? Off course we do grafts! Not me personally off course but there is Professor Brutred. His specialty is applying and growing magical grafts."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooh, neat. Mind pointing the way for me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, I've decided that for LG, he'll actually have a speech color. Green, of course.

7. - Top - End - #7

The clerk points you towards the university gardens.

"I believe he is having a combined class today... he and the Master of Novices are playing a tag game by the gardens. Be careful. Tag is happening via the use of Color Spray...."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Little green goes invisible again and says, "Thanks!"

He heads off to the gardens just like that, being sneaky as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 on move silently for a 24, and invisibility to take care of the visual component.

He observes the game of tag for a bit.

9. - Top - End - #9

It is just as fun and as "teaching"as the name suggests.

The game involves the two teachers using the students as some form of pawns which can be used to either shield the -higher magicians-, give them extra power or attack other pawns and the enemy leader.

It looks like a mix between chess and a sport known as paintball practiced in the Empire of 7 Dragons.

It appears that the team of the Master of Novices is winning as Professor Brutred only has 2 pawns left. It is obvious who is who for the one man is wearing a heavy black robe and a cowl with an armband while the other sports colorful robes and a dozen or so grafts all over his body.

None seem to have seen Little Green yet.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green walks up next to the grafty professor and dispells his invisibility, saying, "Hello there! I'm Little Green, and I was wondering if you'd like help collecting materials for grafts. It appears that I'm interrupting a game though. Any chance I can join you to help even things out?"

11. - Top - End - #11

The man looks only mildly suprised. You had noticed that he started sniffing the air as you approached within 30 feet of him.

"Helping in the game, not unless you are a registered student and not unless you just signed up for The Psychological effects of Grafting 201 or for Animal Magic 101..." he says as he pushes you back and jumps behind a huge bush a moment before a blast of colors passes from where you both were standing.

"THAT WAS A PRISMATIC SPRAY DAVID! STOP SCREWING AROUND!" he yells out loudly and angrily.

You hear some laughter following his shouting and the cry from one of his remaining pawns.

"Screw it... yea you can help. He has 4 pawns left. That means 4 shields for him and only one for me... If you could incapacitate his shields without him noticing I could blast him and win this!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"deal."

Little Green goes invisible and does a cone of weakening breath at the four students, catching the teacher in it as well if possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    15' cone. He doesn't mind being right up next to a student if he has to to catch the maximum number of targets.

that's -6 str for 4 rounds or 2 on a save.

13. - Top - End - #13

Spoiler
    Show

*points at the -without him noticing- part*

The cone can capture two students who are out of sight as they are cowering behind a fence ready to spring up once their leader tells them.

The first one, a sickly looking young man, collapses on the ground helpless when your breath hits him.

The other turns to look towards you, his movements slow and his eyes red with the effort of looking around obvious.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

(d20+3)[6]

Little Green will re-cast invisibility and walk off on his turn.

15. - Top - End - #15

It seems that the student is so shocked by your sudden appearance that he reacts slower than you do...

You disappear and move away before he has time to react. When he snaps out of it though he touches a ring he is wearing and it grows brightly.

He then moves away from where he was before approaching the position where you had seen the Master of novices.

"Ware behind and ware left!! The freak had a couple of hidden pawns!" He calls out as he does so.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green next goes over to one of the two remaining novices and sticks out his staff, hoping to trip him up when he moves.

17. - Top - End - #17

Spoiler
    Show

Could you make a trip attempt?

You gain +2 bonus for being from the "rear" and another +2 for circumstantial due to the fact that they are distracted. Your opponent doesnt get an AoO as you are invisible nor can he try to trip you back.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20-2)[18]

and that's WITH your bonuses...

19. - Top - End - #19

Spoiler
    Show

-2 WITH my bonuses? What kind of a freak of nature are you playing? ;)

Still that was a nat 20!

Despite the not so powerful muscles of Little Green he puts the staff in place just at the right moment and the novice falls on the ground prone cursing loudly.

It is at that precise moment that the Grafts Proffesor remaining Acolyte jumps forward and blasts the other novitiate with a color spray that drops him unconsious.

The apprentice smiles, winks at you and hides again not waiting to incurr the wrath of the tripped individual.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will check to see if the rival teacher is looking. If not, he blasts the novice with a weakening breath from behind and stands on him.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will check to see if the rival teacher is looking. If not, he blasts the novice with a weakening breath from behind and stands on him.

22. - Top - End - #22

The student is breathed on and stood on. He struggles for a moment to get up but in his weakened state he is not able to do so right now.

He curses loudly at you but doesnt call for help. You hear foot steps approaching from behind.

Spoiler
    Show

You have one round before whoever is coming approaches. You currently do not see either the novice that is still good or the Master.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green goes invisible once more and jums up vertically, hoping that his weight will be enough to do something.

24. - Top - End - #24

Your weight makes the man gasp as he exhales and he stops struggling for the moment.

From the corner of the hedge you see the Master of Novices turn and look at the scene before him. One student unconsious and the other laying on the ground breathless.

He raises his hand and opens his mouth to say something when the remaining apprentice darts out calling at him.

"Watch out Master, its a tra....." his phrase is cut short as he is blasted in the face but yet another color spray from the student that is part of your team and was also hiding near you.

The Master of Novices extends his fingers and a wave of wind throws the student down pinning him on the ground.

It is at that moment that your opportunistic ally Professor chooses to reveal himself.

He appears also out of the ground having tunneled up obviously and extends his hand touching the foot of the Master of Novices.

"TAG YOU ARE IT!!!!" He exclaims with joy and triumph in his voice.

The Master of Novices curses loudly and looks around casting a quick spell. His eyes dart left and right before focusing on you.

"You bastard Brutred you cheated. That halfling wasnt part of your team!" he yells.

"Off course he was, he is my new teaching assistant!" Says the man his snake tongue flickering in and out of his mouth as he lies blatantly.

"Come here er.. Little.... Green? *cough cough*"he says masking the question with a sudden fit of coughing.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Dispelling the invisibility, Little Green says, "Yep! Little Green! That's me!"

26. - Top - End - #26

The Master of Novices looks at you with distaste, the anger not having left his face.

"Interesting speciment...." he says after a moment.

" Yes Daniel and he is mine. None of your tricks, you also cheated with those traps and that Prismatic spray... someone could have gotten hurt... in any case I won this time rare as it is. Make sure you deposit the reward in my accounts by tomorrow or its doubled" say Brutred smuggly.

"And if I were you I would hurry up, its almost 5 and the banks will be closed..."

The Master of Novices leaves with speed and the various acolytes and novices scatter and start discussing learnings from the game.
    "
    Brutred turns to you and beams.

"That was impressive! I had not beaten him in 2 years!!! So Little Green! How can I help you? First of all tell me your real name and I will arrange that 10% of what Daniel owes me goes to your accounts!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

He looks a little bashful. "I actually don't remember it if I ever knew. I've been on my own as long as I can remember. I like the name Pantuckthan, though. Don't know if it's my 'real' name or not, but I've been 'Little Green' for as long as I've been able to recall."

28. - Top - End - #28

The man looks kindly upon him.

"Interesting name. In any case well met... You already know my name off course" he says and offers you his hand.

"So my friend, how may I help you and return the favor you did me?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I was hoping I could work for you to pay for draconic grafts... I'm very knowledgeable about all sorts of stuff, I can go invisible, and I have breath weapons. Fire, cold, and weakening. I can run errands, research things, and possibly harvest graft materials for you if you'd like."

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomancy - (d20+18)[38]

30. - Top - End - #30

The man nods in approval.

"Yes that could work. You use useful enough, willing enough and knowledgable enough to be worthwhile!" says that man calmly.

"Lets discuss details... what kind of payment do you expect. What kind of jobs are you up to doing and what is your status in the city." he asks more seriously as he sits on a bench in the park.

"I do not deal with criminals just so you know. I dont mind some mischief but crime and suffering is not my thing..."