New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Sunset on the Bakluni IC

Located in the Dry Steppes the small village of Odessa is one of the few stops on the land trade route between the Celestial Kingdom of Shaofent and The Flanaess. It is hundreds of miles far from other civilization, though nomadic tribes and thorpes do litter the area around it. So it is no surprise that many of the people that have traveled to this area over the years were trying to leave something behind. Many a rogue or lone survivor of a clan have been known to take refuge in this community.

The sun burns high in the sky; the air is hot and dry. Golden waves of wheat and tall grass with colourful wildflowers speckling it with reds and purples surround you. Those with keen sight might see in the distance herds of wild cattle or antelope grazing in the distance and birds circling high in the air, and smaller houses where farmers live surround the area as well.
    More than one traveler has made the mistake of being caught with no protection from the elements has learned the hard way about the temperature plunge caused by nightfall and have fallen ill because of it.

In the center of town is a clustered row of shops. The largest of which being the tavern and inn, The Thirsty Traveler, the only building in town with two stories. A tall quiet man stands by the door keeping an eye on all the patrons.

A general shop stands next to the inn. A painted sign on the window welcomes travelers in and lists off some prices on various seeds and feeds.

Another shop with a simple needle-and-thread sign stands next to that, and through the window you can see a loom being worked by a couple of sun-worn women. Behind them a foppish looking man is pinning fabric to a dummy.

A sliver of a shop stands next to that, almost windowless and a sun bleached sign faintly reads "Candles."

You can smell the sweet scents of the flowers drying in front of the herbalist shop. It doesn't take much to figure that it is an herbalist shop. Its relaxed owner sits on a bench outside of her shop, sipping some tea while business is slow.

Lastly, at the end of the row is a covered bazaar with several people trading amongst themselves. Some merchants stare off vacantly, waiting for business to show up.

On the other side of the inn stands a short, lopsided building reading "Magic" on the sign out front and a couple of gnomes stand outside talking excitedly amongst themselves while smoking pipes.

Next to the wizard's store stands an open looking building with a large fenced area connecting it to a barn and stable behind it. Several carts rest near the building and various horses and donkeys graze in the back.

Facing the row of shops is a large ranch style house painted light yellow. A large porch expands across the front of the house and flowers in pots are evenly spaced on its rails.

Next to it stands a modest looking temple with music echoing softly from it. Several different holy symbols are carved on the front of the building and a couple of holy men discuss philosophy.

About a hundred yards from the main cluster of buildings is a shack with colorful geometric designs painted on the walls. Smoke rises lazily from a hole in its roof.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where are you and what are you doing?
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-08 at 12:34 AM.
    Cl:{D
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

Lydia Deshayes, Socially Awkward Necromancer with a Broken Heart
    Wanderlust, a free spirited, hammer weilding barbarian.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sunset on the Bakluni IC

Terpeen

The sun was beating down heavily on the young gnome's head. The steppes were far and away from the forested hills he used to call home. He hobbled by the shops and the tavern, surveying each in turn. The Thirsty Traveler would fit the bill, he thought, but the large bouncer at the door was too serious to his tastes. Maybe I'm not that thirsty yet. The smells of drying herbs tickled his nose, awakening familiar memories. He shuffled toward the store and struck a conversation with its owner without delay.

Hello, good lady, are those orchids or lilacs you have here? Lilacs, I heard, are good for chest aches. My grandfather, blessed be his name, Wilton Mulk of Cressenshire, perhaps you heard of him, he was a prominent vegetable merchant and the chairman of the local chapter of Friends of the Rutabaga, he took lilac tea everynight before sleep. Or rather, grandma Vortle made him, but half the time he's just spill it in his chamberpot without passing it through his digestive system. Lived to be hundred and twenty two.

He pauses to draw air. So what else do you have for sale?
    Last edited by Vladislav; 2012-06-08 at 01:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eoin Travis Teague has come to the "Dry Steppes" to study the exotic horse-men rumored to live in the area, he has so far learned that the natives of the land call them "Centaurs". Fascinating! Having stumbled upon the small town of Odessa, Eoin realized he was in dire need of funds. Attempting to play his lute for a couple spare coin turned out unsuccessful, for he was quite out of practice and the locals didn't seem to generous. Eoin then decides to walk toward the philosophers outside the temple, hoping to engage in the conversation.

Hello fellow holy men, may I ask which of the many gods and goddesses this fine temple is dedicated to? Personally, I'm partial to Fharlanghn, god of roads, do you know of him?
    Last edited by Blueiji; 2012-06-07 at 09:53 PM.
    You found the hidden text! Have a cookie.

Thanks to The Stoney One for the awesome avatar!

Spoiler: My homebrew!
    Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    Quasi-Elemental Genasi (Plus New Feats and a Subtype)!
    My Extended Signature!

4. - Top - End - #4

At the herbalist shop
    The human woman in front of the herbalist shop smiles and listens as Terpeen tells her about his family. This wise lady has hooded eyes the color of coffee with cream. Her silky, wavy, white hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a crown. She has an elegant build, her skin is tanned and she has prominent cheekbones. Her clothing is unusual and colorful. She opens her mouth after Terpeen's first question but as he continues she just smiles waiting for the little gnome to take a breath. When the woman gets her chance to speak she answers
    "Lilacs, and if you want to know what all we have you can always take a look around the shop. We have various herbs and teas, some pestle and mortars as well."

At the temple
    One of the holy men is a young half-elf and he makes you think of a playful kitten. He has slanted chocolate-colored eyes. His silky, curly, lemon-yellow hair is neck-length and is worn in a dignified style. He's got a small beard and a moustache. He has a masculine build. He has bushy eyebrows and large feet. The second man, a middle aged dwarf reminds you of a loyal dog. He has wide brown eyes that are like two patches of dried blood. His wavy, brown hair is medium-length and is worn in a carefully-crafted style. He has a full thick beard braided to keep him cooler. He is very short and has a plump build. His skin is tan. He has a low forehead. You can't quite place the race of the third man but this spiritual guy has slanted purple eyes. His fine, straight, brown hair is neck-length and is worn in an artistic, exotic style. He has a wide-chested build. His skin is light-colored. He has prominent ears and a weak chin. His wardrobe is practical. He is the first one to speak and he claps Eoin on the shoulder
    "But of course we honor Fharlanghn here! With all the road weary travelers we see here we would be fools to leave him out."

The dwarf pipes in next and points to several of the holy signs and lists their respective deity off,
    "Moradin, Garl Glittergold, Kord."

And the elf picks up where the dwarf left off saying
    "Ehlonna, Corellon Larethian and Pelor. Though we are open to followers of other faiths as well. Where do you hail from?"
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-08 at 06:40 PM.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Tala quietly entered the temple, nodding respectfully to the assembled clergymen as he kneeled before the symbol of Kord. While hardly a devout man, he didn't believe in tempting fate. A few minutes of quiet prayer out the way, and Tala's soul suitably sated, he decided to get a more material need sated.

Tala approached the entrance of the tavern, waiting for the bouncer's reaction.

6. - Top - End - #6

At the bar
    The bouncer makes you think of an unstoppable storm. He has hooded blue eyes that are like two turquoises. His straight, obsidian hair is worn in a spiky style that reminds you of a porcupine's quills. He is tall and and barrel chested. His skin is deeply tanned and he has large hands and feet. His wardrobe is no-nonsense, and is mostly green. He gives Tala a long stare, sizing him up. After a long moment he nods and steps slightly to the side indicating that Tala may enter.

Inside the bar
    Inside the tavern is cool and rather dark with curtains over the windows. The furniture is mismatched and it looks worn. In a corner you see a flight of stairs leading up. There is a large bar with stools in front of and a couple of barrels and various bottle on shelves behind it. The bartender is human and has almond-shaped black eyes that are like two dark pits. His thick, straight, medium-length hair is the color of charcoal, and is worn in a practical style. He is tall and has a lean build and his skin is deeply-tanned. He smiles and nods at you as you enter.
    "Hello stranger, what can I get ya?"

Seated at the bar you see a lazy looking half elf with fine, curly, very short hair is the color of the sun, and is worn in an uncomplicated, businesslike style. He is very short and has an elegant build. His skin is pale. He has high cheekbones. He is dressed quite nicely and is chit chatting with an elf who is fiddling with the strings on his lute.

There is also a table with 5 men and women all talking loudly to each other. They look like they are enjoying themselves. In the corner there are also a couple men occasionally glaring at the louder group.
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-08 at 07:36 PM.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Pleased to meet fellow theologians Eoin says the following:

I hail from peaceable Kingdom of Nyrond, far to the East of here. I left my home about four years ago and have been traveling since. I recently braved a perilous trip over the Crystalmist Mountains in order to come here, to the Dry Steppes, only by the good graces of Fharlanghn did I make it here in one piece, let alone without any lasting injuries. I am truly lucky to be alive.

Eoin wipes his brow of sweat, he is unused to the heat and his leather armor doesn't do much to help.

Tell me, have you ever seen a "centaur"? I came to this land because of legends of a bizarre race of horse-men, and only recently did I learn of their true title, that being centaur, of course. Are they a benevolent race?

Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    My Extended Signature!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vance ties up his mule outside the tavern and makes a determined march toward the doorman. He gets so close that he needs to look straight up at the much larger figure. "Are you gonna let me in? Look." He produces a coin purse, thrusting it up in front of the bouncer's nose(if he can reach). "I've got coin this time; I won't have to gamble for drinks."

9. - Top - End - #9

At the temple
    "Aye lad, there is one that comes to town some times. He's a ranger, the name's Floen. I don't know if the race if benevolent or not but he's a bit aloof." the dwarf responds stroking his beard.

At the tavern
    Alex the bouncer frowns a bit at Vance's question. He looks at the coins and then to Vance nods him in.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Terpeen equips himself with as much dried Lilacs as 1 silver can buy.Thank you, lady. I will put those to good use. Brew tea and all that. He then decides to finally try out the bar.

Standing before the tough-looking bouncer, he asks, hello, might I trouble you for a patronage of your establishment? It's very hot today, and you know, they always say, it a dry heat, but I never understood why it matters. I mean, it's dry, you still sweat a lot, look at me, how I'm sweating, it just evaporates a bit faster, so you don't feel it, but still, dangers of sunstroke and dehidration are there, so I think I'm going to need a drink. Not sure about alcohol, they say alcohol and heat don't mix, didn't work well for uncle Gerry, he always drank like a dwarf, and aunt Latissa ended up having to sell his bottle collection after he died.

So, may I come in and see what you have? I have gold! Well, figurativel speaking. It's actually silver, I have silver.
    Last edited by Vladislav; 2012-06-09 at 05:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

A Half Orc, large and proud steps in through the city gates, carrying his quarterstaff proudly, and walking with an astute sense of purpose

*Inner Monologue*
    Spoiler
    Show

After all my travels, I can finally find a place to restart my life...maybe someone here knows of Father, or not, I do hope it all turns out right. May

Spotting the Inn, I feel my tusks creak from the hot golden sun, and my green skin growing damp from the heat absorption from my robes, so I step towards the Bar, seeking a strong ale to cool my tongue and maybe use it to forge myself a contract to help pay off my debts. Seeing the Man guarding the Bar, I approach and wait politely to see if he allows me to enter, not sure how the words of my kind will be treated yet, and I give him a courteous nod, my spectacles staying firmly on my thick Orcish nose. I slide my hand towards my coin purse just in case I must stoop to that.
    Last edited by ExtravagantEvil; 2012-06-09 at 04:48 PM.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.

Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Tala approached the bar, pulling a silver piece from his bag. One for the road, and then he'd start looking for work. There was no sense trying to reason with an empty stomach.

He ordered a tankard somewhat stiff drink and a loaf of bread, and set about draining one and devouring the other.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2012-06-09 at 05:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

At the bar as you post you arrive
    With a bouquet of dried lilacs in one hand this talkative gnome manages to work a little bit of a smile out of the bouncer with his chattiness. The bouncer gives a half smile and opens the door to the tavern himself. After Terpeen enters he resumes his typical posture guarding the door.

When Gurnak M.D arrives before Alex, the bouncer, he postures likethis studying the half orc carefully. You can see him also scan the area, eyes looking for signs of other orcs. Orcs aren't terribly common in the area so he guesses that you are just a man traveling alone. He nods that you may enter but as you pass by him through the door he puts a hand out to stop you. He looks you in the eyes then points to his eye then to you. Sure you got the message he then allows you to enter.

Spoiler
    Show
    You two can see my earlier post for the description of the bar in addition to that you see the players that entered before you.

Inside the bar
    The bartender continues wiping down the bar and watches Tala inhale his food he says casually
    "Musta been pretty hungry, long journey? Want another drink?"

As each new patron enters the tavern he greets them all offering cold ale and the specials.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lunch Special!
    • Leg of mutton
    • Goose eggs
    • Corn
    • Blueberries

2sp
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-09 at 07:44 PM.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The special would be nice, thank you, goodmerchant. But also a large tankard of water, I'm on the verge of dehydration. Is the mutton cooked in sauce or wine? And the corn, is it husked? And, oh, make it a tankard of hot water, I need to brew some tea. Terpeen climbs onto a chair, not without effort. Those things were not made for his size. Waiting for his food and drink to arrive, he counts his money. Only seven silver pieces left after paying for the food.

He turns to the barkeep again. Mind I bother you for a question? You see, the life of a wandering wizarding adept took a heavy toll on my finances, and I wonder, where one can get into any kind of profitable venture? Preferably one fit for a, you know, wizarding adept.
    Last edited by Vladislav; 2012-06-09 at 09:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Eoin nods, then responds to the dwarf.

Floen sounds quite interesting. I hope to someday have the pleasure of meeting such an exotic being.

Eoin turns toward the "Thirsty Traveler" tavern. Out of the corner of his eye he has already seen four different travelers enter the tavern all within only a couple minutes of each other. This piques his interest.

Eoin turns to the yellow-haired human cleric.

That tavern seems to have quite a business today, is it usually this popular?
    Last edited by Blueiji; 2012-06-09 at 11:01 PM.

Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    My Extended Signature!

16. - Top - End - #16

In the bar
    "Coming right up young man. Oh and its cooked in wine and the husk is on." He pops his head into a back room and shouts the order out to someone in the back then turns back to Terpeen. "Well there is usually a farm that needs an extra hand." he furrows his brow thinking harder about the question. "If you are looking for wizarding work you could try talking to the Daergel brothers over at the magic shop. I don't know what kind of work they might have though."

At the temple
    The clergymen follow Eoin's gaze over to the Thirsty Traveler. The exotic looking one answers you "
    It is about the only place just dedicated to socializing so it gets pretty busy at night. Its a little early in the day for this many people, but they mostly look like strangers so that would explain them showing at this time of day."

The dwarf adds with a laugh "And its important to check out the tavern when you first enter a town."

The half elf says "Floen stops by there as well, when he is in town. Its unusual to get this many travelers all at the same time, don't you think?" he asks the other.

The other two men consider the question and the exotic one says "Only in this time of year." He adds more quietly "Do you think something is coming?"
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-10 at 12:40 AM.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

I hear the Gnome chatting up the Bartender about his Wizarding debts, climb into the Barstool next to his and become suddenly more social than I am wont to be.

Hmm...you're a fellow man of the arcane cloth? Say...how would you feel about...joining forces? I'm unfortunately just a recent graduate of the College of Arcane Principle several weeks south of here. I must say it would be an honor to trade notes

I send a quick signal to the bartender and say
    One ale and fresh meat, no matter how you cut or cook it. Thank you very much for the hospitality.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Janus plodded into town feeling distinctly unhappy I can't remember ever hearing Devon the Bold or Kith the Daring ever having there horse stolen and having to walk miles in this infernal heat. His armour of course, wasn't helping matters but he was glad to have finally reached "Odessa" as the board by the entrance to the town proclaimed it to be.

After a small internal debate Bar or temple? he decided that he could always pray later and that he needed a drink, and maybe a bite to eat.

so Janus walks immediately towards the building he takes to be an inn.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Terpeen stares at the Orc unblinkingly for a few moments. He's an Orc. A moment of panic sets in, and Terpeen wants to escape the place, but then he remembers he already paid for his meal and didn't receive it yet. And he's very thirsty. And he really wants to try out those lilacs.

Ahhh, ehm, yes, always a pleasure to meet a fellow practicioner. He swallows his spit once or twice, and finally finds some courage. Trade notes? Why not, I always wanted to expand my knowledge, and these steppes aren't very condusive to learning. While waiting for the food to arrive, he produces a thick leatherbound book from the folds of his cloak. As uncle Gerry told Aunt Latissa when they first met, I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

20. - Top - End - #20

Eoin's stomach churns at the exotic man's speculation that "something is coming". He knows this fear is irrational, but the words were chilling nonetheless.

Wishing to wash away this sudden uneasiness, Eoin turns back to the brown-eyed dwarf.

You mentioned something about a traveler's first priority in a new town being to visit the local tavern? I believe I shall follow your advice, after all, when in Odessa, do as the Odessans do!

Eoin chuckles as he turns toward the "Thirsty Traveler". After a few steps toward the tavern however, he turns back to the temple to ask one last question.

My fellow theologians, I can't believe I was about to head off to the tavern without first asking your names! I do believe I didn't catch them earlier.

Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    My Extended Signature!

21. - Top - End - #21

In front of the bar
    Janus, like the others, sees the bouncer standing at the door, a look of mild surprise on his face. As you approach you can see him again scanning the area to see if anyone else is wandering in to the center of town or if anyone is hiding out.

In the bar
    The bartender pops into the back room for a moment, then reappears with the a tray of food for Terpeen. One larger plate has the mutton, corn and eggs on it, pipping hot and smelling delicious. There is also a much smaller bowl filled with blueberries and a tankard of steaming water. He places the food in front of Terpeen and says, "Here you go little guy." He then turns to Gurnak and adds, "Your food will be out in just a moment, sir." Then he disappears back into the back room with the now empty tray.

At the temple
    The dwarf seems pleased that Eoin is taking his advice about the tavern and responds to Eoin's final question "Taklinn Rumnaheim"
    "Ivellios Amastacia" The half elf says with a thumb pointed at his chest.
    The last one smiles and says,
    "I am called Laki"
    Last edited by missmvicious; 2012-06-10 at 05:53 PM.
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

I give a stuttering akward chuckle at the Gnomes humor

Yes... Quite.

I drop my bulging pack and adventuring gear to the ground with a deafening thud. Slowly I begin stretching my arms and back like a jungle cat after finally dropping the ram and the greataxe to the floor. Reaching into my bag I reveal my Leather bound spell book.

Personally, I always disagreed with my mentors on the nature of transmutative fields and their interactions with organic systems. I found an interesting use that might expand the arcane considerations of the adaptability of the density of mortal tissues, with a clever application. However...what you have learned must be more interesting.

I end sheepishly, seeking not to intimidate the little man with my presence.

23. - Top - End - #23

With a smile, Eoin says sincerely:

Thank you, perhaps one day, I shall return to this town, and we will discuss philosophy to a greater length, until then, may Fharlanghn bless your ventures.

Eoin turns, and takes a few steps toward the tavern, but before going to far Eoin takes a look over his shoulder to examine Laki, something about the yellow-haired human struck Eoin as odd.

Eoin has a +3 to spot checks and he is standing about five feet away (I'm assuming you wish to roll the check).

After taking a swift look at Laki, Eoin continues on to the tavern. He stops upon reaching the bouncer, not wishing to enter the establishment illegitimately.
    Last edited by Blueiji; 2012-06-10 at 06:48 PM.

Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    My Extended Signature!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Terpeen plops the dried flowers into the hot water, then forgets about his food for a while.

Ah, Transmutation. Easily within my top four favourite schools. Oh, to be young again, to turn into a dragon and breath fire. Pardon. Getting ahead of myself there. Myself, I was majoring in PGF. You know, Patterns, Glamers and Figments. Didn't graduate. Ran out of money. Seems to be a recurring problem in our family. Uncle Jan lost his turnip stand because he ran out of bribe funds. Anyway, he leafs through the borrowed book and allows his colleague the same, very interesting spells you have here. Ah, let's see, this one I recognize... armor. And this other one ... very interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    it actually takes 8 hours to learn a spell from a borrowed spellbook, so it's just RP stuff for now. In case it matters later, Terpeen has Mage Armor, Color Spray, Grease, Kelgor's Fire Bolt, Summon Monster I, Charm Person and Silent Image.

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show

Not too shabby:
    Mine Are Mage Armor, Magic Missile, True Strike, Fist of Stone, Shield

Such a pity about that...mother nearly sold everything we had for me to go, if only I cared as much as she wanted...

My voice patters off for a moment before I get back to the conversation at hand

and I'm glad you find that one interesting, it's the one I designed. If you'd like, when we work together I can put it to good use. Increases the overall density and striking power of the hand you cast it on 10 fold, treats it like Stone. I always knew Sinews could handle more than the scholars believed. Useful for more than bashing the skulls of your foes. Papa Forgnal would be so proud of me learning this trick, if only he were here to see it...
    Don't worry, it can also help with locked doors, and cracking walnuts...

My voice nervously patters out again, this assertiveness might frighten away this tiny new colleague.

I begin to look through the voluminous book.

This one here of yours seems interesting...not sure quite how to peg it. This side of the arcane coefficient suggests that it's elementary fire magic, but you tossed it through a matrix...and...odd...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Vance requests a detailed description of each potion of the special before settling on another tankard of ale. He snarls as he overhears the barkeeps suggested employment. "Bah! Tilling soil or turning pages? Confound these plains! Here I am, the most talented woodsman this land has ever seen, valued somewhere beneath the common goat-herd. Don't you have game to hunt? locations to discover? ...princesses to protect?" Without waiting for a reply, he makes a show of downing his drink and begins pacing.

27. - Top - End - #27

Outside the temple
    The holy men send Eoin off with a wave and return to their previous conversation.

Outside the bar
    When Eoin approaches the bar Alex, the bouncer, stares him in the eyes for a moment eyebrow raised. He allows Eion in and steps towards the center of the street and looks both ways, a confused expression on his face.

Inside the bar
    The wizards are at the bar chatting about things arcane while the bartender describes in painstaking detail the specials of the day, breaking periodically to greet a new customer or answer a question. When Vance goes off about the lack of action Milo (the bartender) let's out a soft sign, people's complaints about the quiet town were not new. He takes the briefest of moment to compose himself, never one to rile up a customer, then says
    "There is game around here, you could go hunting, might run into barbarians though." Then he smiles thinking of of the princess comment "The closest thing we got to a princess around here is Sylaith, Nuhelyth of Eyllisretyn's daughter."

With that the half elf that was speaking to the bard turns to look at the bouncer, then at Vance. "You two talking about my sister?"
    Hatchworth Smiles

Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Eoin strides into the tavern, just in time to hear Milo mention the phrase "princess", and the Half-Elf's response.

What's this about a princess? I didn't know such small towns had monarchs.

Eoin approaches the table where the Half-Elf and the Elvish Lute Player sit. He pulls out a chair and asks.

Is this seat taken?

Show
    The Bladebound Martyr!
    My Extended Signature!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

With a nod to the bouncer, Janus trys to enter the Inn.

30. - Top - End - #30

As I review and discuss with the small magician next to me, I keep my ears perked at the sound of the discussion emanating across the bar