New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

He sees another man inside, he is also wearing a robe depicting scales of many colors like Brother Pursifal was wearing, and he looks at you as you approach.

"You must be our new friend... Brother Pursifal mentioned to me about you and the information you had..." he says and nods approvingly.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

"Yup. I've talked my way into getting initiated, but I have to bring a buddy of mine as well. There's an entrance fee of 1000 gold each. I was wondering if the church would like to have one of their priests infiltrate the group with me."

diplomancy - (d20+19)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #333

"The money is not in itself a huge problem... but are you sure this circle or whatever they are will not force a mind read or something similar on you and the cleric? If they are organised enough it could mean they have planned for such eventualities..." he says concerned.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't have such a defense, but I figure I can talk my way almost anywhere. It'd gotten me this far in life, even has a foolish mook of a professor doing things for me for free."

bluff - (d20+17)[24]

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a bluff, as LG actually respects Mr Grafty.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #335

He nods in approval.

"In the future we could use that thing as well. In any case... perhaps I can send an initiate your way... his indoctrination will not have advanced to the point where he wont be able to hide his thoughts and all that. I can also front you the money assuming by the end of this venture you can bring something of some value back to the temple... some corrupt nobles or even high merchants involved in all this for example..." he says as he rubs his hands.

"So if for example you were to learn that men or women of influence were involved keep it to yourself... no need to spread it around... that way we can in the future... ask for their help if you know what I mean..."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green grins. "I think you and I are much alike. I am honored that a little green servant can imitate someone so important."

7. - Top - End - #337

"I am not that important, yet, but I appreciate your words. In any case, so is that all you need? Shall I send the initiate to meet you tomorrow somewhere and also to hand over the money or is there something else?" he asks with a now friendlier tone.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

"How about we meet up in the Sad Flint? I am glad that this little green servant could find the help he needs from such powerful friends."

9. - Top - End - #339

"Splendid. The Sad Flint works... when shall I send her over?"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

"Wold two hours before noon be convenient for you, great ones?"

11. - Top - End - #341

"It works fine. Her name is Agnes, she will not be dressed in her robes as that is an obvious give away but I will have her wear civil clothes and in order to recognise her I will have her wear a bright multicolored ribbon in her hair. She is a promising disciple so dont gamble with her life... if... possible" he says with a smile.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

"Do not be concerned. This servant knows the value of his betters and will do his best to be frugal with the assets given him."

13. - Top - End - #343

"Great. Now is there something else you require? If not we can convene this meeting..." he says but does not move away yet.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

"This humble one can think of none else."

With that, Little Green bows and departs, going invisible and heading to Jana's.

15. - Top - End - #345

He arrives without any issues and finds Jana waiting by the window.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

"How was your day today?" Little Green asks by way of introduction.

17. - Top - End - #347

"HELLO!" cheers the little girl and tells you about how she went for a walk to the University gardens with her aunt and how they show many weird people running around. She mentions even a human with wings that landen in the university courts and her eyes gleam with wonder.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed, the wide world out there is a strange and wonderful place, filled with all sorts of things. Not all are beautiful and glorius, and there are some things so dark and unfathomable that it isn't safe to even mentions their names. Yesterday, you said that you wanted to come with me on my adventures some day. Is that still something you desire?"

19. - Top - End - #349

"Yes! It would be awesome to go to an adventure with you and that other friends of yours mister Green! We can ride pegasuses and unicorns and fight bad guys!!!!" she says with a smile!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed, one day we might do just that. But if we are, then there's something we must each of us do. I will need to teach you and train you, and you will need to learn. If you and I were to leave tonight and go off on an adventure together, it would be very bad, for you are not ready to go adventuring with me yet and would likely die. But if you are serious about this, I will begin to teach you. When I have taught you sufficiently that you are skilled to survive in the hard and cruel parts of life, we will have those adventures together."

Growing rather serious, Little Green says, "Now, Jana, I will formally ask you: are you serious enough in your desire that you will train with me? I warn you now, this will not be a game and it will not always be fun. It will be a very mature and adult thing we do to train. Do you think you are ready to handle that? There is no shame in not being ready, for you are young still and I will not deprive you of the chance to have a childhood. You do not need to answer tonight if you are not ready."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm setting up so that in two levels I'll pick up leadership or something similar to grant her to me as a cohort or equivalent. I'm cool with her answering any way you feel is natural to her. Either a yes or a no will work.

21. - Top - End - #351

Spoiler
    Show

I am okay with you taking her along with the feat... as time is relative we could even do a "montage" where X months pass and you train...

Do you have an idea for what class she would be though? And would you like me to stat her up along with flaws and personality which will make her fleshed out and not just a buff/meat shield?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    for now, I just figured we'd rp her acceptance and figure out the crunch later.

23. - Top - End - #353

Spoiler
    Show

For sure, but a "physical type" has a different style than a "intelectual type"...

Jana goes silent for a few moments considering your words her expression changing a few times.

"The monsters little Green fought were real werent they? Noone tells me the truth but I still have bad dreams Talehos..." she said her voice low.

"Yes. I can train with you and I want to do so. I want to make sure no other kid will go through it not even as a far away dream!" she says with conviction.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

"That was no dream, little one. That was very real. You were very brave that night, and know that I was closer with you then than you know.

And I am very proud of you for making the adult decision to train with me. I will start the process by asking you a question. Think carefully before you answer. What is the single most important thing for an adventurer to have?
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    honestly, I'm not sure what Little Green would even NEED in a follower. He's pretty one-man army by himself. Since she's a scrawny kid, I don't know if she's gonna be the skillful agile type or the magical talent type. Maybe she's an incarnate? or a rogue/scout/spellthief? or a psion? a sorceress? Maybe she awakens draconic blood within herself and goes with something along that line. Little Green's gonna start her off with how to think in survival. Feel free to have her end up being good at whatever you think fits her personality.

25. - Top - End - #355

Spoiler
    Show

Well a sorceror with the draconic bloodline stuff could work and its believable in the sense of how she suddently awakens powers since Sorcery doesnt require a huge amount of studying, learning etc but is more innate.

She draws away slightly when you talk about that night, the painful memories assaulting her all too evident in her innocent facial characteristics.

As she rallies she considers your question for a few long minutes fighting the worries in her mind with the excitement she feels for all this.

"Allies! All the stories have adventuring parties and not people going on their own!" she replies.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

"Do not dwell too long on that night. Learn what you can from the past but do not focus on it too greatly. The past can only harm you if you allow it."

At her answer to his question, he smiles. "Your answer is both correct and incomplete at the same time. It is true that allies are your greatest asset, and the greatest ally one has is himself. You must know and trust yourself, knowing your strengths and limitations, before ever coming to trust another. If you do not, you doom yourself and place them at risk as well.

Thus will be the first part of your training: knowing yourself. Let me begin by asking how well educated you are. Have you had any formal schooling?
    "

27. - Top - End - #357

"I can read... and I can even write! Auntie says I am good at it... not sure what you mean by formal schooling though..."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

"What I mean by that is educating you in all manner of subjects, whether they're directly useful for your career or not. If you can read and write, that is an important first step. With those skills, you are empowered to be able to teach yourself anything you wish. Do you enjoy reading?"

29. - Top - End - #359

She seems annoyed at the implication she is not ready.

"Off course I love to read and I am very smart you know! Thats why I can do all those tough puzzles! So! What do I need to learn and what do I need to read Talehos?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

"A great many things. Do you know what the political ramifications of Emperor Singe's edit of 984 had in the Empire of Seven Dragons and how that impacted the economy of Aldhaven?"