New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

"So there is." Little Green says and slides down out of it. "Thought you'd want a status update."

Little Green then gives him a full report about everything he's said or done related to the job, leaving none of the details out.

"Any specific requests? Any questions as to why I did something? Most importantly, did I do anything that you'd object to?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

He listens intently without interrupting until you finish your report.

He seems intrigued you reveal to him your dealings with the temple of Tiamat and especially so when you explain that you convinced them by saying that you are working for a foolish wizard that gives you things for free while you do your thing.

He simply smiles though and doesnt comment on it.

"Implicating the Master of Novices is an interesting choice... I guess you did have to give them something otherwise things could be difficult..." he says as he continues.

"Now I am a bit uncertain about how to proceed next. The people from the Temple do have a point... learning who these people control and associate with could be beneficial to all of us and there are people high up in the chain that have asked me to investigate this as well..." he says thinking out loud.

"On the other hand if you go through with the ceremony it may well mean that you and the young disciple will be asked to use the coins as a sign of your devotion... and regardless of your reasons when the Dark Powers get a hold on you there is no turning back..." he says stenrly.

"Do you think the majority of the cult or any cult leaders will be present in this meeting? If yes I think we may actually have to attack then and try and apprehend them... I realise your Temple may be displeased but we can fabricate an excuse for why you had to do it and ensure we leave something juicy piece for info just for them perhaps?"
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

"I think you have the right of it. If you let them have one of the leaders, not the most important one, but one of them, I do believe my temple backers can be appeased. In fact, I might even be able to talk my way into getting them to help with the raid. Give us a fall guy. My lady Tiamat does encourage us to be treacherous, keeping everyone on their toes. If they can be fooled, it's their fault for being too arrogant.

Oh, and please do not take offense to mentioning you as a fool. I am completely candid with you because I actually respect you, something only one other person in the whole city can say.
    "
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #424

Spoiler
    Show

Who is this other person? The little girl?

Also, you have advanced a fair deal down this story. Would you rather XP half way or actually at the end?

The professor nods.

"Very well. I then suggest you try and see what you can do with the Temple. We do not need that many to join to be honest. Just a presence perhaps bearing their insignia openly..." he says and smiles.

"From my side I can find three 6th year students to provide magical backup, one can provide different type of protections and the other can bring in offensive capabilities. I may also be able to organise a group of non magically talented to guard the entrance in case anyone tries to escape and I will be nearby to observe and step in if something is needed..." he says considering the options.

"What do you want your role to be in this? In the midst of battle or something sneakier that fits you more?" he says obviously caring for your input.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    unless you'll give me enough to level up halfway, I'll take it at the end.

"I like to keep myself versatile. I am of course extremely sneaky, but I also can provide quite the support in battle by weakening foes and harming them with a weapon few defend against. If we uncover something you'd like me to take off with unnoticed, I can sneak off. If not, I can add to the general mayhem by harrying our foes from the flanks."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-10-12 at 01:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426

He nods in agreement.

"Very well... I shall also prepare a scroll of Dismissal for that thing you said you saw. Without having seen it myself I believe it may be a Bezekira... a mid-level devil that takes the form of a large lion like creature..." he replies.

"So, where should I send the men and when?"

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Upon hearing the name, Little Green dredges up any details of that name he can recall.

Spoiler
    Show
    devils can be covered under religion due to their part in religious mythos, as well as the planes due to being residents of the outer planes. Rolling both.

the planes - (d20+14)[19]
    religion - (d20+14)[24]

Little Green tells him the location that was told to him and tells him the day after tomorrow, unless that's in fact not the right time and I am misremembering it. If so, then the actual right time.

8. - Top - End - #428

Having heard the name he remembers more.

The outsider known as Bezekira or Hellcat is a straight forward combatant. It uses its strength and agility to grapple his enemies and has the ability to deliver attacks with all its four powerfull claws when on the charge.

Furthermore though it appears transparent it actually is not. When in sunlight though its as good as invisible.

Lastly like all Devils it is immune to fire and poison and resistant to cold and acid.

The professor notes down the details of when and where the meeting is to take place and thanks you.

"Very well... so what is your next step? Will you communicate with me again before the attack or should we try to minimise the visits to avoid you being followed or anything to that effect?"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

"They claim that they'll be tracking me down. Best if I not leave them a trail."

10. - Top - End - #430

"Very well" he says and takes a step closer to you and starts casting a spell.

A few moments later he smiles.

"You should be fine for the next few hours then... Now if there isn't anything else I have pressing business to attend at the university... some idiot from the church of Weejas or Pelor or whatever was making a fuss about matters related to those coins and I need to deal with it from this side..."

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    seeing you reference the side-plot I helped put in motion made me smile. :)

that's the sorts of moment which make Aldhaven golden in my view.

"Then I guess I'll be headed off. When I have need, I'll come find you again. Until then, don't expect to see me. I think it's for the best this way."

Little Green will head out and spend the rest of the evening with Jenna.

12. - Top - End - #432

The girl, Jana, is as always pleased to see you.

She opens the window quickly when you knock and starts showering you with facts she has learned about the Empire of Seven Dragons.

Though not all seem to accurate she seems to have done an overall good job collecting info.

As she finishes she beams waiting for your comments.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

"Most excellent. You've learned about as much truth as I could hope for considering how biased the city's official history is. Now answer me this, and tell me true: what did you do to learn all this information. The how is often just as important as the what in information gathering, and the why is even more important."

14. - Top - End - #434

"Well..." she begins "... I first asked my aunt for permission to go to the Library in the University and she forbade it. So like the Little Princess would do I sneaked out from my window and went there anyway!" she says with a triumphant smile.

"But they didnt let me in! They kept asking me to go away or come with my parents and all that so I realised I had to do something different! Thus I went to the temple that my father used to go to pray... Boccob. The priests there were friendly though they kept looking at me and saying 'could it be her?' - 'no it cant be' - 'it must! She seems to have the proper signs' and stuff like that. I guess I looked scared at that point so they asked me if I would be willing to do some kind of experiment with them and I said that I would if they answered my questions! They said yes and I asked them to tell me about the Empire and they did!!! They did not all agree on the details but they said alot of things... I may be forgetting some! In any case after they told me... I err... e... hmmm... run away" she finishes her story looking down guiltily.

"....mhmm... I didnt want to be part of their experiment...."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

"Then it is time for your next lesson: do not burn bridges if you ever wish to return. The priests of Boccobob likely would have been very useful contacts. If you're willing, I'll go with you tomorrow and you can apologize to them and tell them you'll take the test. It is very useful to have smart priests like them as friends.

If, however, you don't think you can trust them to not harm you, I understand that as well. It is foolish also to not burn a bridge behind yourself if there's an enemy on that side.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, I'm applying for an AFMBE game where the ZM is throwing a fit over me wanting to carry 4 guns with me. Apparently, being able to swap 4 guns without having to reload six-shooters is terribly broken in ways that someone with a tenth the effort could do with twice the effect just by buying an uzi.

16. - Top - End - #436

Spoiler
    Show

Heh! What is his problem? If a character has the money and the ability to carry the weapons why should he NOT carry them? I always find it funny in zombie movies that the people there carry -1- pistol... 14 bullets and they are out!

I would do the same in a "real" zombie apocalypse! Carry as many guns as possible to avoid having to reload all the time!

Tell him the "Neo" defence from Matrix...

"I want guns... many guns" and then he shows up just emptying a gun and changing to another rather than reloading in the middle of a combat!!!

She looks on the floor with her head low between her shoulders.

"I guess... I guess I should apologise... I mean... they were friendly enough... they just all crowded all over me and I got scared... does that make me spineless Talehos? I want to be brave like you and not craven running away at first fright... yea... we should go an apologise... perhaps they wont be too mad!" she says with a hopeful tone.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, I used the tactic of apologizing and agreeing to give in farther than he wanted, and that smoothed his ruffled feathers to the point he ended up giving me exactly what I wanted.

"Fear is not a bad thing. Fear ensures that you try to protect yourself. What you must learn to do is not fear your fears but learn to listen to them as an old friend and hear what they tell you. Then you can act wisely on good advice. Tomorrow we will go to the priests and you will hear what your fears had to say."

18. - Top - End - #438

Somewhat consolled and emboldened by your words she nods accepting your proposal.

"I will do my best to make your proud Talehos!" she says as you put her to bed. Assuming nothing else occurs from your side you wake up rested and refreshed even more so than usually.

Spoiler
    Show

I thought it was Little Green with the bluff and diplomacy bonuses :D it seems they rubbed of on you :D

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-10-17 at 05:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    LG may have the numbers, but it's me who has the skills.

Little Green will follow Jana invisibly, giving her a squeeze to show her he's there.

20. - Top - End - #440

You are halfway towards the temple district passing through a quiet crossroads when you hear low threatening growling from behind you. Jana turns slowly trying to be brave but you can see she is terrified.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will turn around and try to identify the source of the noise:

knowledge - (d20+14)[18]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[29]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[32]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[16]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[28]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[17]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[26]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[28]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[32]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[17]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[27]
    knowledge - (d20+14)[27]

those are for the 10 knowledge skills listed in order of their appearance in the PHB, then pisionics at #11 and Incarnum at #12

22. - Top - End - #442

He recognises the sound easily since he has heard it before and has recently been told about it.

It comes from the half formed shape of the Bezekira around 100 feet away from you as it moves slowly and ponderously towards you and the girl from the shadows. When for a moment it passes through an area without shadows it becomes completely invisible.

Your knowledge also makes you realise something more. Generally these creatures can only communicate telepathically and indeed last time you thought you heard it in your mind... for some reason his growl here was 'loud'. Not only that but the girl seems to also have heard it.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"Do not be alarmed. This is likely not as it seems. Let us continue on our way. If it comes to combat, you run back home and let me handle this. There's bravery and then there's stupidity. I've gotten out of worse situations, you've not yet grown up."

24. - Top - End - #444

Jana opens her mouth to reply when the Hellcat roars louder this time and starts closing in faster preparing to charge.

She looks towards where your voice is coming from her eyes wide with terror and starts backing away.

Initiative.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    not at home compy. Will post init when I am.

26. - Top - End - #446

Spoiler
    Show

Okie dokie.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

(d20+3)[18]

Little Green moves to stand in front of Jana. He's invested far too much time in this one to let her get offed before he can find out what her potential is.

28. - Top - End - #448

You win initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative order is You, then the Bezekira and last is Jana

You see that the creature is about to charge. Currently you are invisible.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will stand directly between Jana and the devil, and ready an action to blast the creature with a cone of weakening breath when it approaches.

30. - Top - End - #450

The Hellcat does indeed approach and you get your blast off.

Spoiler
    Show

Can you remind me if its a reflex or fortitude to reduce the rounds of effect?

It seems though that somehow, perhaps due to its preternatural sense of smell it has seen you even before you blasted it.

Despite its weakened state it retaliates as it pounces on you. He strikes you twice with its front claws, rakes you twice with its back claws and tries to bite you.

Due to your small size and natural armor as well as your natural dexterity you manage to avoid the bite, and one of the two rakes.

You suffer (1d8+3)[8] from the first claw, (1d8+3)[5] from the second and (1d8)[1] from the rake.