New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Little Green

There is some tension between Jana and aunt but the older woman is too excited to have her back to hold her anger for long.

In the end they agree that they wont mention this to her uncle and also that Jana will be allowed to go out a few times a week on her own just as long as she gives them enough information about where she will be, what she will do etc.

When all this is done Jana returns to her room and beams at you.

"Talehos I just won my indipendence!" she says as she falls laughing in her bed.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green smiles. "Congratulations. You did that all by yourself. Congratulations."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #483

The girl thanks you as she lean back on the bed to rest. Its still just after midday.

Spoiler
    Show

500 XP for "building up" your future cohort and everything that has to do with her so far.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sweet. LG sees xp!

not that i mind the xp for the cult plot being given out in one lump at the end, it's just that you and Lokio have leveled twice since LG has. Not jealous, just happy to get xp.

Little Green will go out and pinch himself some food, using the usual tactic, then look into researching infernal pacts at the library in the temple to Boccobob.

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure which kind of knowledge check you want for that. lemme know and apply this roll - (d20+14)[17] to it.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #485

Some fresh fruit and two meat pies later he finds himself in the library.

He manages to actually decipher the way the filing system here works as it is far too complex to consider that just an alphabetical listing would suffice.

He finds the following information with his first attempts.

An infernal pact is an agreement between a mortal and a fiend of the Pit. It usually takes the form of a bargain where the fiend offers something in return for either service, sacrifices or a persons soul. Such agreements are generally written on a parchment of mortal flesh with blood and sealed by a minor self mutilation. The more powerful such creatures and powerful such devils require that such contracts be written in Dark Speech, a vile language that can cause ill effects to those of good heart and controlling effects on those who are also evil.

It is well known that though Devils generally keep their word and they do offer real tangible rewards they always try to create loopholes or trick the mortal in someway to further their benefits.

Lastly once someone signs such a pact he is considered all but lost forever as the stain on his soul cannot be removed from anything less than a miracle performed by a willing cleric of his own patron deity and an atonment quest that more often than not leads to his death.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that settles it. I've served milady Tiamat far too long to betray her. Not gonna sell a bit of my soul to Asmodouchebag. The Dragon Mother has better benefits.

Satisfied with these results, Little Green will research all he can about Jana's family history, looking specifically for something in her family which might be out of the ordinary or magical. Something in Jana is more than it seems, of that he's sure.

(d20+14)[31]

7. - Top - End - #487

Spoiler
    Show

That was just the roll needed for something like that!

In the beginning he draws blanks. It seems Jana's uncle and aunt have never been important enough to get their names or even the names of their ancestors in any of the books.

Her parents, now dea, are a similar case though at some point you find some kind of obscure mention about a distant grandfather that had fought in the wars.

Inspired by this you end up checking at an old, almost faded, tome that details the lineages of the first masters of the Aldhaven University. As time passes and your eyes start to water from the concentration you finally get it.

Janas last name -Koren- though not found evidently in any of the tomes seems to be a bastardised version of the name Vakoren. The Vakoren's where a famous family of...

Spoiler
    Show

Okay so seeing as this is definetly leading to the cohort part its really up to you to decide what class you want her to be.

I think based on her "style" as well as the dream (though this could be interpreted as her having a spark of power, not necessarily magic) it should be some mix of arcane warrior type. I would not want to stradle you with a bard though fun as that may be... still as I am not the best of optimisers I am up for anything :)

Now depending on what you would like her to be I can continue the family background :D

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... bard that goes into the prc that gets them up to lvl9 casting? from CArc

LG doesn't need a cohort, per se. Just thought it would be cool.

9. - Top - End - #489

Spoiler
    Show

Got it. Its sublime chord.

... a family not of famous something but rather famous for something. The patriarch of the family, Master Horatio Vakoren, had developed a new way of approaching the cosmic essence of the known world and the planes through the mathematical precision of music and arcane magic. Furthermore as this type of exact magic requires solid foundations in many disciplines he had been one of the foremost supporters of the university's creation and although not considered one of the founders he was seen as an important enough supporter to make the local wizard chantries approve of the idea and present it to the King.

The line died some 60 years ago though there were always rumors about bastards and half-siblings. It seems that indeed somehow Jana is part of that family line.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

I knew she was a gem. Never can have too much magic in your pocket. Besides which, she's a bright girl.

11. - Top - End - #491

You think that perhaps there might even be some kind of family fortune if one were to manage and prove the girls identity. Off course you also know that when a rich family dies without heirs it is the Crown that gets the family fortunes and lands and usually awards it to another Noble.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green resents his own parents for leaving him. He doesn't think Jana's parents deserve any better, and her family outside them even less. Besides, some other noble has the money now, and it'll be much more morally satisfying to forcibly take him.

13. - Top - End - #493

He recalls that Jana's actual parents died and then she was raised by her uncle and aunt.

Further investigation may lead to which House was awarded the lands and titles.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, I'll take the hint.

On second thought, it couldn't hurt to at least know who to take the wealth from, and if it ended up being easy to gain their wealth for Jana's own, then perhaps she'd help him out by paying for those buffeting wings he's always coveted.

(d20+14)[28]

15. - Top - End - #495

Spoiler
    Show

No huge hint... just that if I dont give the info now I will end up forgetting :D

Finding information on who the fortune passed is not as hard since its a matter of public record.

Based on their track record and good name the Crown gave the majority of estates and lands to House Widmayer while the coin and other riches passed to the Roayl Treasury.

House Widmayer, one of the Older Aldhavenian houses, possesses a reputation for altruism and charity. Its members opposed those who would exploit or abuse the common folk and did much to help the impoverished and otherwise needy.

In recent years the House has lost alot of its power and influence as the King grew sicker and older.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... there could be potential there. Something for later, though.

17. - Top - End - #497

Its around afternoon as your search took some time.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will return to Jana for now and finish his day with her.

19. - Top - End - #499

The girl has woken up from her midday nap and is reading a well worn book under candle light in her room. You see the name on the cover.

"Aldhavenian Alphabets & Initials"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

"Is the book any good?"

21. - Top - End - #501

"Its very very boring Talehos! But it was my fathers book and now that I am all grown and indipendent I wanted to read it. Perhaps there is useful information in it." she says with a stubborn determination.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

You have to spend twelve days stubbornly refusing to realize a lead is dead before abandoning it. Either she'll pleasantly surprise me or learn to be more discerning in the future.

"That is very good. However, when was the last time you played just to have fun?"

23. - Top - End - #503

She ponders for a moment.

"I guess one day after the real bad dream where you played with me?" she replies.

Spoiler
    Show

Referring to the abduction incident.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

"Something important to remember is that no one outgrows fun or rest."

25. - Top - End - #505

She nods and puts the book down.

"Okay... it was very dull anyway! So, what should we do? Should we play something?" she asks eagerly.

Spoiler
    Show

We dont have to RP this by the way. You can simply "play" with her for a few hours and leave it at that :D

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Little Green will spend the next few hours playing various games with her, while thinking about what he learned in the library.

gonna have to test her for magical aptitude and musical talent. If she's the heir I suspect, it'll take manifesting the legacy to get an angle on that one.

27. - Top - End - #507

You can tell already that her voice is fairly melodic even without training as if its a natural talent.

Furthermore since you got her out of her "shell" she seems more confident, more relaxed and more fluid. More so than most kids her age.

Eventually she starts tiring from the games but she has a very satisfied and content smile.

"Oh Talehos. You are the best thing that ever happened to me!" she says as she lays in the bed.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

"And you to me. Sleep well, child, for I see that you will go far in life."

Talehos will follow the sleep under her bed routine after she's fallen asleep.

29. - Top - End - #509

While he would have expected a restful night Little Green is woken up by loud growls. As he awakens he sees the HellCat waiting in front of Jana's room's window.

The girl is not present in her bed.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, kitty, what's up? Did I not pass my background check?"