New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Episode 11 - Back to Work

Allan coughs, then smiles unpleasantly.

"You are forgetting two things. One: you are currently outnumbered. Just because my friends are more professional than me does not mean they can't fight. Quite the opposite, actually."

He points the two other Shinigami with him.

"Two: Resurrect, Soultaker."

The blade in Mimus' hand glows and extends in a flash of dark energy, growing into a wicked-looking serrated nodachi made of a dark red metal. Allan now holds the blade, gripping the hilt underneath Mimus' hand. His movement from his previous location was instantaneous, faster than even a Shunpo or Sonído. He grins.

"Class dismissed."

Lightning fast, Allan whips his fist at Mimus' face.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan coughs, then smiles unpleasantly.

"You are forgetting two things. One: you are currently outnumbered. Just because my friends are more professional than me does not mean they can't fight. Quite the opposite, actually."

He points the two other Shinigami with him.

"Two: Resurrect, Soultaker."

The blade in Mimus' hand glows and extends in a flash of dark energy, growing into a wicked-looking serrated nodachi made of a dark red metal. Allan now holds the blade, gripping the hilt underneath Mimus' hand. His movement from his previous location was instantaneous, faster than even a Shunpo or Sonído. He grins.

"Class dismissed."

Lightning fast, Allan whips his fist at Mimus' face.
    Absalon is surprised. "You're fast."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Mimus took the hit and over reacted to it making it look like it did far more damage than it really did and spun back crashing into a tree. "Can I just use my Resurreccion and kill these guys already?"

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    ((I know, I was just kidding))

Absalon turns back to the strange shinigami. "I won't instigate a fight. If I killed this guy, his leaders will probably find out and tell our leaders, and we would get punished." Absalon puts much emphasis on the if, not being threatening.
    A burst of reiatsu brings a cold feeling of death into the area, sending a shiver down the spine of the two boys who didn't just get thrown into a bush by, well... Nothing. Needless to say they start scrambling to get up and run anywhere but there. The reaitsu has less of an effect on those spiritually powerful, but the feeling of being buried alive usually makes people cringe anyway.

"Who needs a leader when you've got a bone to pick, hmm? Picking on my division is a good way to be murdered."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #95

Allan, after sending Mimus back, turns to look at Absalon.

"Not quite. Nice try, though."

Now in sole possession of his sword, Allan jumps up, back-flipping and curling into a ball before stretching back out and landing next to the other two Shinigami. He rests his sword on his shoulder, and points to Akio with his free hand.

"Anyway, yeah. What he said."

6. - Top - End - #96

"Go ahead."

Absalon draws his sword, holding it horizontal, pointing to the left of him.

"Lanzar Infinito!"
    Absalon's spiritual pressure explodes outward, throwing dust and dirt into the air. His arms, head, legs, and newly formed tail become scaled. His weapon disappears completely.

"This will be over quick!"

7. - Top - End - #97

Silva, needless to say, is a little frustrated by now.

She sees the boys run off and sighs. She decides to try to sneak over to where they landed and see if they dropped what they took from her. She couldn't really do much in a fight without that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    "Go ahead."

Absalon draws his sword, holding it horizontal, pointing to the left of him.

"Lanzar Infinito!"
    Absalon's spiritual pressure explodes outward, throwing dust and dirt into the air. His arms, head, legs, and newly formed tail become scaled. His weapon disappears completely.

"This will be over quick!"
    "It's not about who releases first, Arrancar. You'll learn that soon enough." With a long shriek of metal on metal Akio draws his sword slowly and pushes his reiatsu again as he starts to grin. "I've fought worse than you."

9. - Top - End - #99

Allan inclines his head towards Akio.

"I'll take the girl. Lizard guy is all yours."

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "It's not about who releases first, Arrancar. You'll learn that soon enough." With a long shriek of metal on metal Akio draws his sword slowly and pushes his reiatsu again as he starts to grin. "I've fought worse than you."
    Absalon shrugs off the feeling of being buried. He grins, "Nice raietsu."

He starts charging a cero with his tail, aiming it through his legs towards the grouped shinigami. "Now you're all grouped up, and your numbers mean nothing."

He fires off a blue cero, aimed directly at the group. It's wide enough that it would hit all three of them.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue smiles. "Stand Firm! Boueisya!"

Her Zanpaktou transforms to its gauntlet form, and Inoue puts it in front of herself...

Stopping the Cero in its tracks. And then Inoue flings it up into the sky. "Nice Cero, there. Pity energy attacks are on the bad side of useless against me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #102

"Good thing I don't focus solely on energy attacks."

With a couple quick motions, suddenly 3 shruikens are in the air and flying towards the gauntlented shinigami.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue's eyes narrow, and she barks out a quick order. "Scatter! Don't make yourselves easy targets!"

She trusts in her own words and the skills of her subordinates, Shunpoing to the side, trying to get behind Absalon.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #104

Allan gives Inoue a somewhat flat look.

"Is there a good side of useless?"

As the shurikens come toward the group, Allan takes a short sidestep to avoid being grazed by one of them.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-09-21 at 05:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

After a quick search in the bushes, Silva determines that her dagger isn't there.

Figures.

She looks in the direction that the kids ran off in, then back to the fight. The Bount figures she'd have a snowball's chance in Hell without her doll.

So, she'll try to skirt around the group and take off after those kids again.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #106

Absalon uses sonido to block Inoue from getting behind him, appearing just in front of her.

"Too slow, shinigami!"
    A shruiken appears in his hand, and he slashes downward at Inoue. At the same time his tail is tracking the Bount trying to run past them with a cero charging.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue almost instantly disappears from her position, reappearing directly above Absalon.

If this succeeds, she'll try for a good whack to the head with her metal gauntlet.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Inoue almost instantly disappears from her position, reappearing directly above Absalon.

If this succeeds, she'll try for a good whack to the head with her metal gauntlet.
    "Oof!"
    Absalon is hit on the back of the head, falling down. As he is not concentrating the cero he was charging violently explodes, probably catching the shinigami who hit him and anyone within 20 feet with a large amount of damage.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

"Between you and those sickos at home and death I think I think my options are obvious." Mimus chuckled at Allan Crossdale "Mīmicus, variabilis" Mimus voice changed to Allan's on the word Variabilis as bit and bit disintegrates during this starting from cloths to flesh and eventually reforming into an exact Allan Crossdale within what seemed like an instant. Mimus' right hand was a very long, curving nodachi with a serrated edge, an exact copy of the released Soultaker.

"Whatever man let's just get this over with." Mimus flashed behind Inoue with his(her) nodachi at her neck. "So who doesn't mind her dead?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue Shunpos away from the explosion.

And, most likely, the attempt to take her hostage as well. It's a bit hard to do that when your hostage is in midair.

She appears a short distance away from the two Allans. "...great."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-21 at 09:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #111

Allan witnesses Mimus' transformation and attempt to hold Inoue hostage. Then he grins ferally.

"It's all good, ma'am. I won't go down to some two-bit copy. Just leave her to me."

Kicking off the air, Allan launches himself at Mimus with a vicious two-handed overhead strike.

22. - Top - End - #112

Absalon is hit full force with the exploded cero. He gets up, slightly hurt, but ready and willing to fight on.

He begins violently throwing shurikens at Inoue, attempting to hit her even if she shunpos, screaming the whole time. As he throws, his face seems to become less scaled, showing more human flesh, but the scales start to come back soon after.

23. - Top - End - #113

Good thing Silva was in the process of leaving the area.

The force of the exploding Cero throws her a short distance. She lands in a roll, then gets back up and keeps running. She gained some bruises and a scrape, but it's not much.

She also makes the decision that as soon as she gets her dagger back, she's gonna have to join this fight.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Mimus smirked taking a defensive stance. "Before I become as stupid as you I want you to say out loud to yourself what your Soultaker does."

25. - Top - End - #115

Allan (a few seconds away from bisecting Mimus with the aforementioned attack, by the way) knits his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You've already seen what it does."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan (a few seconds away from bisecting Mimus with the aforementioned attack, by the way) knits his eyebrows together in confusion.

"You've already seen what it does."
    Flashed a few feet in front of Allan and charged.

27. - Top - End - #117

Mimus' counter charge causes the two swords to crash together with a resounding, metallic grinding sound. The position is held for a few seconds as Allan tests his strength against the double for a few seconds. Finally, he breaks the silence.

"By the way...your stance is too wide."

Before the sentence is finished, he brings his knee up to try and hit his opponent in her/his groin.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

[An office building near the center of the city]

Thud.

"Õ - Õta-san? Is everything all right."

" . . . "

Yui stares at the questioner, eyes wide open and blurry before focusing. Then, using the table next to her a crutch, shakily rises on her feet. "I'm sorry. What just happened?", she asks back, trying to smile.

"I... guess you fainted. I mean, you just suddenly collapsed to a heap. You... did you hit yourself at anything?"

Slowly, Yui reaches to touch her forehead with her right hand, her fingers meeting something wet and sticky. It seems she did indeed hit her head against the table as she fell. Pain from touching the wound helps her to get back in her senses.

"It's... all right, I think", she replies cheerily and tries to take a step, only to falter again - her co-worker catches her and helps her to stay up. "Or maybe not. I... could you call a taxi for me? I think I need to go back to my hotel..."

---

On the way back, Yui stares unblinkingly out of the window, holding a handkerchief drenched in cold water against her head. Somewhere, outside, there's a fight going on... but that in itself, shouldn't have been enough to rattle her so. The pressure in the air is impressive, but hardly overwhelming. It's a wonder she even noticed it without paying conscious thought to it.

I need to go there. I need to see who is fighting, she thinks, with a tingle running up and down her spine. Two of the signatures are eminently familar - someone she'd fought before, perhaps? Couldn't have been too long ago, either, otherwise she'd have forgotten. But there's a third signal, which is much more worrying.

Could it be...?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Good thing Silva was in the process of leaving the area.

The force of the exploding Cero throws her a short distance. She lands in a roll, then gets back up and keeps running. She gained some bruises and a scrape, but it's not much.

She also makes the decision that as soon as she gets her dagger back, she's gonna have to join this fight.
    As the cero explodes prematurely, Akio is already moving to protect Silva, that is until he recognizes her from his last trip to the mortal world. "YOU!" comes from his throat as a growl as he flashes in front of the young woman. Immediately his entire being radiates with reiatsu, throwing out enough power to show up anything he's ever done. All of it with the sole porpse of making himself the largest beacon in the mortal world to a certain someone.

30. - Top - End - #120

When Mimus appears near her, Silva doesn't get confused. She just tries to ignore the Arrancar disguised as a Shinigami. She had something more important to do at the moment. Had to get her dagger back.

Then Akio appears in front of her. Silva quickly comes to a halt, not wanting to run into him. She remembers him from their previous meeting.

Crap. This day is just getting better.

Silva keeps her legs bent a little, ready to run at a moment's notice. She takes a moment to think of some way to avoid him coming at her.

Hey...look, you're big on honor and stuff, right? Well, at this exact moment, I don't think you'd wanna fight me. Cause, fighting an unarmed opponent is bad, right? She keeps her expression calm as she speaks. She didn't want to let him see her freaking out in any way.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS