New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Episode 11 - Back to Work

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Absalon is hit full force with the exploded cero. He gets up, slightly hurt, but ready and willing to fight on.

He begins violently throwing shurikens at Inoue, attempting to hit her even if she shunpos, screaming the whole time. As he throws, his face seems to become less scaled, showing more human flesh, but the scales start to come back soon after.
    Inoue changes tacks, and heads directly towards Absalon, deflecting the shurikens with her gauntlet.

Once she gets close enough, she attempts to punch him in the face with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Absalon attempts to dodge the punch, turning and using sonido, but isn't quick enough and gets a fist in his shoulder. He appears 10 feet away, clutching his left arm.
    "Damn."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

[Alright I'm going to do everything I can to make up for last post]

"Oddly enough I think I would of had more spiritual presser if I didn't release. Fantastic out of the whole lot I chose the loser." Mimus said with the snakiest tone she could.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Absalon attempts to dodge the punch, turning and using sonido, but isn't quick enough and gets a fist in his shoulder. He appears 10 feet away, clutching his left arm.
    "Damn."
    Inoue grins lightly. "Bakudo 4. Hainwa!"

A yellow rope of energy springs from her hand, and attempts to ensnare Absalon.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Inoue grins lightly. "Bakudo 4. Hainwa!"

A yellow rope of energy springs from her hand, and attempts to ensnare Absalon.
    Absalon has a shuriken in his hand, and attempts to hit the rope off to the left of him, keeping it from ensnaring him. He will then charge at Inoue with shruikens in both hands, slashing as hard as possible.

6. - Top - End - #126

"Where Is She!?Akio yells as he attempts to grab Silva by the collar and lift her with his arms fully outstretched. This is punctuated with another burst of reiatsu though a little smaller. No reason to weaken himself tok much before the upcoming meeting with fate. IT even seems as though he's lost all sense of the world around him, fixed solely on Silva and his own future.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silva lets herself be lifted, grabbing his arms to help stabilize herself. She figures that just going with it for now is better than resisting. For now, at least.

Where...is who? Who are...you talking about? She has a little trouble speaking, what with being held by the collar and all. She thinks she knows who Akio's talking about, but she wants to make sure.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

[Meanwhile, in a fancy hotel]

"Hello? Anyone home?", Yui chimes as she steps into her suite. After a moment of silence and a quick look around confirm that Silva is not present, she steps in and closes the door, sighing in relief. Well, that makes things easier.

Of course, there's a chance Silva will come back while she's gone. Hmmm.

Quietly, Yui slips out of her clothes, grabs a fresh towel and heads into to the bathroom, locking the door and putting on the shower. At worst, it'll look like I slipped and hit my head, she muses. Of course, that would mean... abandoning thirty-seven years of existence. With no clue where to settle in next...

Hmmph. It's worth the risks. Here we go...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Inoue goes on the defensive, barely managing to block the shurikens. Luckily for her, how hard they're slashed doesn't really matter, since shurikens aren't exactly melee weapons.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #130

Absalon uses Sonido to go up into the air about 30 feet, then takes a moment to survey the battlefield.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

A moment? He has one of those?

"Hado 4. Byakurai."

A lance of lightning comes from Inoue, potentially going through one of his shoulders.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #132

A moment? He has one of those?

"Hado 4. Byakurai."

A lance of lightning comes from Inoue, potentially going through one of his shoulders.
    A balla takes care of the lightning, and Absalon remembers where he is. "Clever, girl."

He begins falling quite rapidly at Inoue, fist first aiming for her face.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

A balla takes care of the lightning, and Absalon remembers where he is. "Clever, girl."

He begins falling quite rapidly at Inoue, fist first aiming for her face.
    Inoue almost casually catches the fist, and tries to deliver a solid whack to Absalon's face.

With her right, gauntleted, hand.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #134

Inoue almost casually catches the fist, and tries to deliver a solid whack to Absalon's face.

With her right, gauntleted, hand.
    Absalon blocks... with his face! With one hand occupied with his left hand, and one hand in his face, Inoue has no way to block the fist coming towards her face, or the slightly weak cero blasting from Absalon's tail.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva lets herself be lifted, grabbing his arms to help stabilize herself. She figures that just going with it for now is better than resisting. For now, at least.

Where...is who? Who are...you talking about? She has a little trouble speaking, what with being held by the collar and all. She thinks she knows who Akio's talking about, but she wants to make sure.
    Akio's eyes narrow as he spits out a single frustrated world. The weight of that word on his shoulders is present in his voice. "Elder." When he's done speaking his reiatsu immediately snaps back to his normal levels, and he tosses Silva into the bushes with the child (and her dagger) as though she were filled with air.

16. - Top - End - #136

A brief flash of confusion crosses Silva's face when the name is said.

Elder? Who's Elder? What is he talk-

Then she gets thrown to the side.

She lands in the bushes, taking a moment to regain her bearings. That's when she sees her dagger. And she grins. She'll go to take it back. She'll knock the kid out if she has to. She wanted the dagger back.

Once she finally has it, she'll climb out of the bushes and look to Akio. Hey! That wasn't exactly nice! You should probably work on your manners.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

[A mile away]

The boy stops, leaning to a wall and panting. How strange that even in death, one can become so tired.

He was sure that the strange lady would come after him, but so far, it looks like it didn't happen. Yet the moment of fear that made him bolt has not let loose its grasp - if anything, the lingering feeling is becoming worse.

There's an ache in his heart, where the chain still clings to his small chest. "I... I want my mommy..., he mumbles, trying to fight back the tears welling in his eyes. After all, sister had always said that boys don't cry.

"Don't worry, dear. Mommy's here."

The boy freezes, paralyzed mid-breath. What was that bone-chilling sound? Has the strange lady found her? He's certain there's someone behind him... but no matter how much his instincts scream him to run, his legs have become like jelly, unable to support his weight and carry him away...

Then everything fades to black...

---

A pale form kneels beside the unconscious Plus, touching his hair slightly before lifting him to its lap. It's easy to carry him, since his slight form is miniscule compared to the scaled monstrosity. Hmmm. Hope I didn't hit him too hard.

Scene of the battle can't be far away any longer. The monster can taste in its mouth. But for the moment, its mind wanders in others things... things of such distant past, they aren't even memories anymore, but memories of memories, a tale told by it to itself so it would not forget...

"M- m- mommy? Is it you?"
    A reflection... that had been how it'd first realized what it had become. A skeletal grin, without flesh, in the eyes of the child.

The creature stands still for a while, stroking the little boy's hair. How had she known through the mask? Had it been its eyes? Its voice? Something it had said? It can't tell. But it can rememember the shock caused by her strained question.

And in that shock, it had not understood to loosen its grip around her neck until it'd been too late...

A salty grey liquid starts seeping down from the creature's eyes as it walks. Around it, the air becomes moist like before a coming rain. It is silent at first, but then, a low hum escapes from its mouth... a lullaby sung with a hoarse voice following it soon after.

The wheel is turning again...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Mimus' counter charge causes the two swords to crash together with a resounding, metallic grinding sound. The position is held for a few seconds as Allan tests his strength against the double for a few seconds. Finally, he breaks the silence.

"By the way...your stance is too wide."

Before the sentence is finished, he brings his knee up to try and hit his opponent in her/his groin.
    Mimus brought up his/her left knee to hit against Allan's. "You realize it's rude to hit a lady in her- Well you know what I mean."

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    Mimus brought up his/her left knee to hit against Allan's. "You realize it's rude to hit a lady in her- Well you know what I mean."
    Lightning fast, Allan whips around and aims a spinning kick at Mimus' face.

"No. I don't. Besides, I believe in equal rights."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Lightning fast, Allan whips around and aims a spinning kick at Mimus' face.

"No. I don't. Besides, I believe in equal rights."
    At the same speed Mimus extender her/his palm to grab the kick while going for a stab at Allan. "Hmm your an interesting one, last time I did this the idiot couldn't get over the fact he was fighting himself."

21. - Top - End - #141

Allan allows Mimus to grab his kick, but dodges out of the way of the stab and grabs her wrist as it goes past. He brings his own sword down in a sweeping attack, as both of her arms are occupied.

"Let's go through my last three significant fights. I'll go in descending order. Masked Vasto Lorde Menos. I won. High Adjuchas class Arrancar. I lived, and I got stronger. And the last time I had a real fight, I went up against an Espada. You want to know what happened? He ran away."

Okay, all of those were the most favorable possible means of stating what happened, but they are, technically speaking, true.

"In short, I've dealt with things a hell of a lot scarier than a two-bit hack copy of myself."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Allan allows Mimus to grab his kick, but dodges out of the way of the stab and grabs her wrist as it goes past. He brings his own sword down in a sweeping attack, as both of her arms are occupied.

"Let's go through my last three significant fights. I'll go in descending order. Masked Vasto Lorde Menos. I won. High Adjuchas class Arrancar. I lived, and I got stronger. And the last time I had a real fight, I went up against an Espada. You want to know what happened? He ran away."

Okay, all of those were the most favorable possible means of stating what happened, but they are, technically speaking, true.

"In short, I've dealt with things a hell of a lot scarier than a two-bit hack copy of myself."

Before impact Mimus simply shouted "CERO!" expecting her foe to fall for the trick and believe she was capable of a Cero in this state.

23. - Top - End - #143

Allan continues his attack, his sword arcing down towards Mimus.

"Please. Like someone of your level could charge a Cero that fast."

24. - Top - End - #144

Akio ignores Silva's chastising and raises himself in the air to get a good view of the surrounding area. A short look down to his two allies shows him that they have it under control so far. But what was coming next? That would require Akio's personal loving touch of hell. "Unbind the clock hands of fate so that our power may be as one." He begins chanting almost before his hand reaches his sword. The metal scrapes angrily against the sheathe as he draws it. "Enemies shall quake and the dishonorable shall be redeemed." A wicked and borderline maniacal grin crosses his face.

Time to meet sister once again, Akio. We will see what she has for us this time.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, a pale form is approaching the battlefield, still carrying the unconscious plus, walking slowly through the streets and alleyways of the city. Around it, people instinctively shiver, then glance up to the sky and hurry to get in-doors.

Soon, it'd know whether its doubts are correct. But, as it walks, a presence rises on the horizon, blocking its way. Gah. The creature changes direction, walking through walls of a nearby high-rise to avert being noticed. It has little desire to waste time with the one looking for her.

26. - Top - End - #146

Hey!

Silva is yelling up at Akio now.

Hey you! Why do you want this "Elder" lady? And why do you think I know her?

Just release me already! I wanna kick this guy in the face!

Just hold your horses. Sheesh.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Allan continues his attack, his sword arcing down towards Mimus.

"Please. Like someone of your level could charge a Cero that fast."

[Sorry for the late post.]

The blade hit Mimus and cut into her/him. Mimus roared in agony losing what little composer she/he had in the disguise of Allan and just imediatly did the first thing Mimus would do and not Allan and used the connection of the blade to her advantage. She quickly brought herself up to Allan's neck and then went to bite the left side of his neck with her pain from the wound being her force and fury.

28. - Top - End - #148

Allan recoils ever so slightly at Mimus' loss of composure. He quickly regains his momentum, however, pulling back from her and trying to deliver an uppercut to her open jaw.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Hey!

Silva is yelling up at Akio now.

Hey you! Why do you want this "Elder" lady? And why do you think I know her?

Just release me already! I wanna kick this guy in the face!

Just hold your horses. Sheesh.
    "Bring forth the power of gods, Noble Death." Akio finishes his release, the sword in his hand dissolving to sand and stretching into a thin chain attached to a sword and a large wooden framed hourglass. As the sand flows backward into the top of the hourglass he speaks to Silva. "The woman you were with, at the park." With not another word he fires a burst of his sandy reiatsu from his blade at Absalon.

30. - Top - End - #150

When Akio releases his zanpakuto, Silva smirks a little.

Took you long enough. She braces herself for an expected attack.

Which does not come, much to her surprise.

Fine. You don't wanna take me seriously? I'll make you.

Slash and burn, Medric!

Silva holds the dagger horizontally in front of her, in a reverse grip. The blade bursts into flames, which snake away from the blade and form a pillar in front of her. After a moment, the flames disappear, revealing a tall figure in a burnt trenchcoat. His legs and feet are similar to those of a dragon, his fingers are clawed, and they appear to be made of metal. His head is wrapped in gauze, leaving only a pair of glowing red eyes showing.

Ah, finally! Been forever since I've been out.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS