New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Apokelipse, A Broken World - Chapter One

So Rayquaza...has a son?

I didn't think any of the Legendary pokemon could breed? How is it Rayquaza has a son? It must be some legendary pokemon that hasn't been discovered yet and one that can defeat Groudon and Kyogre too.

Impressive Work Professor. If you seek help in uncovering this son of Rayquaza, I will help you. This could be the one thing that could help us restore balance to this world. Me and my pokemon will do whatever it takes to set this world right again.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Professor chuckles, "This is a common misconception among trainers. I do not fault you for not knowing this, as it has been recent news just before... well... all this happened. It is not true that Legendary Pokemon cannot reproduce. They just cannot reproduce in captivity, that is, they cannot be bred. So, there is either a lost egg or a lost baby of Rayquaza somewhere, and therein lies our hope."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

What use can we be?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Professor Birch, Jeeves and I are at your service, as well. What would you have us do?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"We need to find it, of course. One of you must train it, and prepare it for the battle with the two roaming Pokemon."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Train...the son of Rayquaza...

We are going to need to get a lot stronger before that happens. None of us have more than one pokemon with us. But we can train as we travel. Where should we head first to find it?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, but of course. I echo the young sir's inquiry, though I do have one of my own. Do you happen to have any other information that would be useful, such as any leads on the location of the son of Rayquaza?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The professor answers, sad, "I don't have any leads, unfortunately. I guess we will have to... search the whole world for it. I do have an idea, though. If we could recruit what is left of the Pokemon League to help... we would do it much faster. The gyms are still working, somewhat."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stroking his chin, Mr. Farnsworth continues his inquiry (Jeeves imitates his trainer's movement):

Professor Birch, who of the league is left? Which gym is closest?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Professor continues, "I believe that all the gyms are still operational, although they mostly work in protecting the general vicinity of the cities they operate in. They're like a defense force now. I am almost sure that even the Elite Four is still operational in some form or another, although I have no idea of its present formation."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then it appears that we should head to the nearest gym to find out what we can.

Mr. Farnsworth and Jeeves give the professor a low, gracious bow.

I am glad that we were finally able to meet, Professor Birch. I do hope we are able to find the son of Rayquaza and restore our world back to the proper way of things. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Professor replies, "The closest gym is Petalburg city's. It is a one day walk to Oldale Town using Route 101, and then one more day to Petalburg using Route 102. You will need supplies. Anything I can help with?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Then we will go to Oldale and then to Petalburg to see what the condition of the gym is. I suppose some healing items for our pokemon would be helpful. Maybe some pokeballs, if you even still have any.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

I concur! Healing items and pokeballs would be most useful. Perhaps some trail rations, if you can spare some?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Professor replies, sadly, "Pokeballs no longer work, unfortunately. The whole computer system that supported them is no longer functional. There would be no place for you to send your Pokemon to, once captured. But I can spare some healing items."

The Professor gives to each of you a set with 5 Oran Berries, 5 Sitrus Berries, and 2 Potions.

"Please, be careful on your way to Oldale. Those bandits that you met upstairs have been roaming around trying to find my laboratory for a long time."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

That is regrettable, yet understandable with the times the way they are. Thank you for the supplies, Professor Birch.

Mr. Farnsworth bows, and remembers that he still has the shotgun from the bandit upstairs.

I do have one more request. Do you have any more shotgun shells? We can use our pokemon, as well as this...

Mr. Farnsworth references the shotgun with a wide gesture.

...to keep said ruffians away.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Professor says, pointing to her Pokemon, "Do you think that I need weapons here?" She pauses for a moment, "Well, I haven't really left the lab in years. I am not sure how the situation is outside. I get some bits and pieces of information from those that visit me, but you're very much on your own out there."

After reflecting for a moment, she says, "It is getting late now. You all should prepare yourself, get some sleep, and leave on the first light tomorrow. It is gonna be a long trip."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Thank you Professor. Do you have a place we can stay near?

Maya accepts the healing items, looking to her sleeping Vulpix, and decides rest is likely the best medicine for her right now.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

We probably could use some decent rest, its been a long day. Tomorrow our search for Rayquaza's son begins.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The night comes and the night goes, and after it comes the morning. It is 5 AM, and the Professor wakes you all up in the first light. What are you gonna do now?