New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy's eyes shot open and he leaped up with a startled yelp. Fortunately, the ceiling and floor was made entirely of soft pillows, and he landed with an "Oof!"

Immediately, he was scrambling back to his hooves, eyes wide as his shrinking pupils darted from side to side. "N-nno! Stay back! Not again!" he cried out as he retreated into his corner, completely spooked.

"Sandy!" Gear bounded towards the small colt ignoring his warning pleas. She wrapped her forelegs around the scared colt and squeezed hard. 'Sandy...its' alright....your friends...are here."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 4

Heartflight threw out a hoof to try to stop Gearstride from advancing, but she was too late. Her theory was that if they had just remained calm and casual, then Sandy would have quickly noticed the disparity between the dream world and real life, and she didn't want to encourage 'dream fuzz' by introducing any potential elements from the dream. And if there was one thing the dream wasn't,it seemed, it wasn't calm.

She slowly stepped forward and tapped Sandy on the noggin, with only a little force. "Hey, Sandy, you okay?" she asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride frowned...some more and bit her bottom lip, for the little filly who wasn't all that good at this kind of stuff it was a little frustrating seeing her efforts not having much of an effect. She glanced over at the Silverpine and trotted over to him.

"Silverpine...Silverpine....please wake up....something's wrong with Sandy, like he's having a bad dream or somethin', help me here, please," She nudged him with her hoof, her expression furrowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight frowned. It looked like she was going to have to do this the hard way.

Here's the thing about magic. There are two reasons an adult unicorn is better at controlling magic. The first is that adults have more magical energy than foals. The second is that adults have experience, and have refined their techniques in using magic. Heartflight may have lost a significant amount of power, so she wouldn't be able to wake up directly, but she still had her technique.

Heartflight closed her eyes slightly as her horn started to glow. She focused on parting the air molecules above Sandy's head, causing a strange distortion in the air above him. she kept a stoic facade, but it was easy to see the spell was still tiring her out. A bead of sweat rolled down her face as the distortion grew ... before she suddenly let the spell go, causing the anomaly to crash in on itself with a loud BOOM of thunder.
    "Gyah!" Sliverpine shot up and crashed into the roof of Fort Colt. His head didn't do much to dent the structure since they did built it to last, unlike Gear's pillow fort.

"Wha? What's happening?" he sleepily mumbled, rubbing his forehead. Then he caught sight of Gear trying to calm the spooked Sandy down. "Eh? What's wrong?" he asked worriedly, instantly awake.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Mystic did not notice the boom, and is still asleep wherever it is Sweet Dreams put her.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

"Sandy!" Gear bounded towards the small colt ignoring his warning pleas. She wrapped her forelegs around the scared colt and squeezed hard. 'Sandy...its' alright....your friends...are here."
    Heartflight threw out a hoof to try to stop Gearstride from advancing, but she was too late. Her theory was that if they had just remained calm and casual, then Sandy would have quickly noticed the disparity between the dream world and real life, and she didn't want to encourage 'dream fuzz' by introducing any potential elements from the dream. And if there was one thing the dream wasn't,it seemed, it wasn't calm.

She slowly stepped forward and tapped Sandy on the noggin, with only a little force. "Hey, Sandy, you okay?" she asked.
    Sandy cowered and screamed when Gearstride touched him, shutting his eyes tightly. After a long pause, he cautiously opened one eye, and then the other. "Yer...yer still here?!" he whispered in disbelief, lightly poking her arm with a hoof. He whimpered when Heartflight moved to touch him as well, but kept quiet and watched. When she didn't disappear either, he looked around in confusion. "Then...what was...how did...?" he squeaked out. His breathing remained short and rapid, but he at least he was becoming a bit more coherant.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy cowered and screamed when Gearstride touched him, shutting his eyes tightly. After a long pause, he cautiously opened one eye, and then the other. "Yer...yer still here?!" he whispered in disbelief, lightly poking her arm with a hoof. He whimpered when Heartflight moved to touch him as well, but kept quiet and watched. When she didn't disappear either, he looked around in confusion. "Then...what was...how did...?" he squeaked out. His breathing remained short and rapid, but he at least he was becoming a bit more coherant.
    "Just relax, Sandy. We're all here..." Silverpine said, standing up and trotting over to the group.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight let out a large, loud yawn, her eyes drooping a bit. "No, we're in Kentucky," she said sarcastically. "Y'all have some really bad dreams," she added with a worried frown.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

"Bad dream, that's all Sandy...and..of course we are still here ya dolt colt,"
    She squeezed harder before letting go and releasing him altogether.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Just relax, Sandy. We're all here..." Silverpine said, standing up and trotting over to the group.

"Bad dream, that's all Sandy...and..of course we are still here ya dolt colt,"
    She squeezed harder before letting go and releasing him altogether.
    Sandy blinked as their words made their way through his head. “A dream?” He buried his face in his hooves as he tried to calm down. He shook his head as he cried out the last of his panicked tears. “Sun above...a dream. Thank goodness...oh thank goodness...”

Heartflight let out a large, loud yawn, her eyes drooping a bit. "No, we're in Kentucky," she said sarcastically. "Y'all have some really bad dreams," she added with a worried frown.
    He sniffed and raised his head, trying to dry his eyes with a hoof. “Ah-ah don’t usually have these...” He focused on his magic as he tried casting a spell, but all he got for his efforts were some lovely sparks. “Heh, s-suppose ah can’t do the c-calmin’ spells like this...shoot... He laughed nervously at the sheer irony of the timing; the first time in months he'd need to use them, and he's a foal. Wouldn't have seen that one coming.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

A thoughtful frown crossed Heartflight's face as she stood up.

"You can still do it," she said, shaking her head. "You may have lost your power, but you still have technique. I can loan you the power if you need it."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

A thoughtful frown crossed Heartflight's face as she stood up.

"You can still do it," she said, shaking her head. "You may have lost your power, but you still have technique. I can loan you the power if you need it."
    Sandy shook his head, teeth chattering from the adrenaline rush. "N-no, ah-ah couldn't. You look p-plum tuckered out, ah-ah couldn't t-take that for m-mahself. Ah'll b-be fine." He tried putting on a smile, but it came off as incredibly forced.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight just sighed and stood up. "I recover quickly," she said. "Now take my power so you can calm down and we can all go to sleep. I'm tired."

Why no, Heartflight is not a morning pony. She was still concerned for her new friend though.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-09-09 at 12:29 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight just sighed and stood up. "I recover quickly," she said. "Now take my power so you can calm down ad we can all go to sleep, I'm tired."

Why no, Heartflight is not a morning pony. She was still concerned for her new friend though.
    "Ah...uh...alright..." Sandy surrendered at her insistence, just not having the strength or will to refuse a second time. Both their horns lit up as Sandy drew upon her magic to craft the spell. Soon a glowing nimbus of light surrounded the colt's head and his breathing finally relaxed. He cut off the spell, not wanting to take too much from Heartflight. "There, that should do it." Sure enough, he seemed to have calmed down dramatically.

(Deadtiming for the night)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-09 at 12:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight stood there panting for a moment, the spell having taken a lot out of her. "That ... was ........ incredibly inefficient," she said, laying down on the pillows to regain her strength. Still, she was glad her new friend was alright now.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah...uh...alright..." Sandy surrendered at her insistence, just not having the strength or will to refuse a second time. Both their horns lit up as Sandy drew upon her magic to craft the spell. Soon a glowing nimbus of light surrounded the colt's head and his breathing finally relaxed. He cut off the spell, not wanting to take too much from Heartflight. "There, that should do it." Sure enough, he seemed to have calmed down dramatically.

(Deadtiming for the night)
    Heartflight stood there panting for a moment, the spell having taken a lot out of her. "That ... was ........ incredibly inefficient," she said, laying down on the pillows to regain her strength. Still, she was glad her new friend was alright now.
    Sliverpine frowned at the little exchange they had. "Are you sure you both are alright now?" Being an earth pony, he was relatively ignorant to whatever they just did.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Gearustridu

The filly was just glad that he seemed...okay now. She wasn't sure what they did with that unicorn magic..whatsit but...well, insert words here.

Her ears were ringing just a tad bit from, from the loud thunder just moments ago, kinda felt like an itch she couldn't scratch.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy frowned at how tired she looked now. If he hadn't had those dreams, she would still be running on full power. Instead, she was completely exhausted and it was all his fault. "Ah'm sorry Heartflight...you shouldn't have had to do that."

Sliverpine frowned at the little exchange they had. "Are you sure you both are alright now?" Being an earth pony, he was relatively ignorant to whatever they just did.
    He smiled weakly. His heart was still racing quite a bit and there was some leftover adrenaline in his system, but the fact remained that he felt calm. That was the trick with these spells; it takes your body a few minutes to get with the program. That, and rapidly going from panic to calm was mentally draining. There's a reason unicorns don't just alter their emotions willy-nilly.

But he didn't want to worry his friends any more than he had. "Ah'm fine. Heartflight's just restin'. Usin' up nearly all yer magic...really takes it out of a pony." he said guiltily.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

"Do ya think that you'll be able to sleep again....as its ..auh....3 am...wha? Anyhoof, yea..." The filly scratched the side of her head.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

"Do ya think that you'll be able to sleep again....as its ..auh....3 am...wha? Anyhoof, yea..." The filly scratched the side of her head.
    "Ah should be fine now, don't worry none about me. Ya'll can go back to sleep now. Thanks for waking me up outta...that, but ah've kept ya'll up long enough." He smiled again, trying to hide his own uncertainty. He didn't go back to his corner just yet, he wanted to be absolutely sure Heartflight was alright first.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-09 at 10:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah should be fine now, don't worry none about me. Ya'll can go back to sleep now. Thanks for waking me up outta...that, but ah've kept ya'll up long enough." He smiled again, trying to hide his own uncertainty. He didn't go back to his corner just yet, he wanted to be absolutely sure Heartflight was alright first.
    "We can keep you company ya know... Sleep's overrated anyway." Silverpine tried to give Sandy a reassuring smile.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

"Yea...totally.....*yaawwwn*...........overrated.. ..sleep...hah....*yawwwwwn*.....is for...lame-os......" The xanadu filly plopped on the ground, eyes closed. "Yea....overrated......even..if *yawwwn*...it does feel nice."
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-09-09 at 10:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy yawned, starting to really feel the effects of the spell now that adrenaline wasn't keeping him up. "Thanks fer th' offer...but ah'm gonna try an' git some shuteye anyhow. Ah'll be fine." He curled back up on the pillows, not yet trying to sleep because he was still keeping an eye on Heartflight. Yep...definitely the only reason he wasn't trying to sleep.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-09 at 02:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy yawned, starting to really feel the effects of the spell now that adrenaline wasn't keeping him up. "Thanks fer th' offer...but ah'm gonna try an' git some shuteye anyhow. Ah'll be fine." He curled back up on the pillows, not yet trying to sleep because he was still keeping an eye on Heartflight. Yep...definitely the only reason he wasn't trying to sleep.

"Sandy... you don't have to force yourself to sleep on account of... *yawn* us..." Sliverpine said, rather sleepily. The sight of Gear closing her eyes again didn't help matters much.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

"Sandy... you don't have to force yourself to sleep on account of... *yawn* us..." Sliverpine said, rather sleepily. The sight of Gear closing her eyes again didn't help matters much.
    "But...y'all are tuckered out. Gear's nearly half-asleep, an' Heartflight's conked out too. You need yer sleep, an' ah'll git to sleep eventually too. Besides..." The memory of his first dream was still fresh in his mind, all those ponies giving so much to him. More than they could afford to. He hated putting his friends through that, and now here they were trying to do it, but for real this time.

"Ah can't keep takin' an' takin' from ya'll...ah'll be fine, ah swear..."

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ettin in the Playground

"But...y'all are tuckered out. Gear's nearly half-asleep, an' Heartflight's conked out too. You need yer sleep, an' ah'll git to sleep eventually too. Besides..." The memory of his first dream was still fresh in his mind, all those ponies giving so much to him. More than they could afford to. He hated putting his friends through that, and now here they were trying to do it, but for real this time.

"Ah can't keep takin' an' takin' from ya'll...ah'll be fine, ah swear..."
    "Eh, I could keep awake if I had to. Teacher and all that. Late nights are my forte." Sliverpine frowned as something in Sandy's words clicked. "What do mean you're taking from us?"

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh, I could keep awake if I had to. Teacher and all that. Late nights are my forte." Sliverpine frowned as something in Sandy's words clicked. "What do mean you're taking from us?"
    "All this...ah'm keepin' ya'll awake when even ah can see yer worn out, an' ah took Heartflight's magic when she barely had any to give." The small unicorn sounded genuinely guilty, like he'd done something wrong in accepting their help.

"Ah know ah don't look it sometimes, but ah'm made of pretty tough stuff. Ah can handle mahself just fine without takin' what ya'll can't spare."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

"Shut up Sandy," A certain filly abruptly said rolling over onto her back, her eyes still closed, a twitchy look on her face from feeling sleepy. "We do it because we want to....even *yawwwn* knowing we don't.....have to...*yawwwwn*"

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

"All this...ah'm keepin' ya'll awake when even ah can see yer worn out, an' ah took Heartflight's magic when she barely had any to give." The small unicorn sounded genuinely guilty, like he'd done something wrong in accepting their help.

"Ah know ah don't look it sometimes, but ah'm made of pretty tough stuff. Ah can handle mahself just fine without takin' what ya'll can't spare."
    "Shut up Sandy," A certain filly abruptly said rolling over onto her back, her eyes still closed, a twitchy look on her face from feeling sleepy. "We do it because we want to....even *yawwwn* knowing we don't.....have to...*yawwwwn*"
    "She's right you know." Sliverpine rubbed his eyes in an attempt to keep awake.

"We're your friends, we help each other, even if we don't have to."

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

"She's right you know." Sliverpine rubbed his eyes in an attempt to keep awake.

"We're your friends, we help each other, even if we don't have to."

Their forwardness silenced any further complaints. Sandy was silent for a few minutes, and then he sighed in resignation. "If it means that much to ya'll, ah suppose ah won't be sleepin' for a while. Ya'll can stay up with me if that's what you want."

He chuckled as he realized what he just said. "Heh, 'sides, what would ah do anyway? Hold mah breath an' throw a fit 'till you go to sleep?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-09-09 at 10:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ettin in the Playground

Their forwardness silenced any further complaints. Sandy was silent for a few minutes, and then he sighed in resignation. "If it means that much to ya'll, ah suppose ah won't be sleepin' for a while. Ya'll can stay up with me if that's what you want."

He chuckled as he realized what he just said. "Heh, 'sides, what would ah do anyway? Hold mah breath an' throw a fit 'till you go to sleep?"
    "Knowing you, I think that isn't far-fetched." Sliverpine chuckled for a moment, before prodding Gearstride in the flank. "You want some coffee? I'll make em in the kitchen, shouldn't take long."