New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM]What hath Magic Wrought? MLP Without The Kiddy 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    "There's only one solution to this problem that will give all of the personalities their own body and Fantasia gets to keep hers. We have to get the Dewitchery Diamond. It worked for my wife so it might work for Fantasia."
    dun. Dun. DUN!
    "The Dewy wadda what?" Not Fantasia/Summer wasn't too sure about this. "But that still doesn't explain why I'm here all of a sudden."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Earz View Post
    "The Dewy wadda what?" Not Fantasia/Summer wasn't too sure about this. "But that still doesn't explain why I'm here all of a sudden."
    "Oh, that's quite easily explained actually. You see, when a unicorn breaks their horn, their spells sometimes go wonky. I believe Fantasia accidently castes a spell that causes her multiple personalities to come forth. This would also explain the injury on your/her shoulder that she got when passed out."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Engine Room]

Sandy picked up where he left off yesterday; replacing old parts with the new ones they'd bought in town. Right as he was about to start, his communicator buzzed as the Captain made her announcement. Ordinarily he'd jump at the chance to help, but there was still the problem with Silverpine. By the looks of things in the galley, it would be a long time before that pony cooled off, and going on another errand alone with the Captain seemed like a bad idea. Good idea if he fancied some lead implants. You know, because Silverpine might shoot him.

He sighed. At least he still had his spot on the crew. That was something to be happy about. He got to work on a particularly tricky set of gears, grateful for a job to take his mind off of Silverpine and the Captain.

(He'll be down here for a few hours at least, unless interrupted)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-11 at 10:18 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

Juniper yawned and stretched. "Morning." she happily replied. "Want something to eat?" June stepped outside the tent and grew up a small strawberry bush. Then she noticed. The garden in the cave was gone.
    "That would be..." Mica started saying as she stepped out of the tent and immediately noticed the lack of the odd garden from yesterday. "....lovely," she finished with a tone of bewilderment, looking around the cave as if to spot some trace of the garden that was no longer there.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Aventura Gearstride-Going passed the gates

Somehow she did not notice the wheelchair bound mare. Go figure. No plot hook for you Gearstride.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, that's quite easily explained actually. You see, when a unicorn breaks their horn, their spells sometimes go wonky. I believe Fantasia accidently castes a spell that causes her multiple personalities to come forth. This would also explain the injury on your/her shoulder that she got when passed out."
    "Interesting. I wonder what's going on with the other personalities then."

---------
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    "That would be..." Mica started saying as she stepped out of the tent and immediately noticed the lack of the odd garden from yesterday. "....lovely," she finished with a tone of bewilderment, looking around the cave as if to spot some trace of the garden that was no longer there.
    "That's so weird. It was there right?" June walked farther out from the tent. There was no trace, except for a pair of bird's foot prints leading to a tree behind her. She looked up the tree and saw none other than... "Blackbeak!"

Miss me? Blackbeak landed on her shoulder.

7. - Top - End - #697

"The other personalities are most likely in a scenario of their own creation. Now, what do you remember?"
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #698
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tyrol finished his breakfast and sipped his coffee slowly while waiting for Staccata to finish. He wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere either.
    Staccata debates whether she should take a nap in the bathroom knowing it would take a decent while before Tyrol would catch wise and drag her awake again... in fact she does this for longer than would be polite to. After hanging up her towel, the mare goes back into the main hotel room and slips the lockpick back into her mane.

"Is there... *yawn* any particular reason you'd actually choose to be alive at this hour?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #699
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The other personalities are most likely in a scenario of their own creation. Now, what do you remember?"
    She looked caught off guard."I don't remember anything! It's so frustrating!" she held her head in her hooves.

10. - Top - End - #700

She looked caught off guard."I don't remember anything! It's so frustrating!" she held her head in her hooves.
    "You remembered your name being Summer Snow." he pointed out.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #701
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You remembered your name being Summer Snow." he pointed out.
    "Yes." she began pacing. "I keep trying to grasp the thoughts. They're there, they just slip away."

12. - Top - End - #702

"Yes." she began pacing. "I keep trying to grasp the thoughts. They're there, they just slip away."
    "A good rest always clears the head. I can give you a relaxation spell and a sleep spell so you can fall asleep."
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Scene Switch to the Bar

Gearstride strutted into the bar with that swagger of hers. It was silly really. She flashed that charming smile of hers making some swoon and making others roll their eyes.

She sat at the counter and spied the dark blue filly-foal who seemed to be bartending at the moment. She gestured for the bartender to come here flashing that smile of hers, which on this particular pony would be pointless :P

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Hello Gearstride. What would you like to drink? Smoothie asks.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Hello Gearstride. What would you like to drink? Smoothie asks.
    "Hey cutie pie. Um, I'll just have me a root beer, gotta keep a clarity of mind ya know." She responded with a sly smile. "Anywhom, is Soft around?"

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Hey cutie pie. Um, I'll just have me a root beer, gotta keep a clarity of mind ya know." She responded with a sly smile. "Anywhom, is Soft around?"
    Nope. Don't know where she is. I'm tending bar until she gets back. Anything I can help with? There's not a whole lot a Paladin can take care of that a wizard can't. Smoothie boasts. She's lying of course, but unless Gearstride is a pony lie detector, she probably isn't going to notice. Smoothie hands Gearstride a Root Beer.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-08-11 at 11:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Nope. Don't know where she is. I'm tending bar until she gets back. Anything I can help with? There's not a whole lot a Paladin can take care of that a wizard can't. Smoothie boasts. She's lying of course, but unless Gearstride is a pony lie detector, she probably isn't going to notice. Smoothie hands Gearstride a Root Beer.
    Unfortunately Gearstride is the sort who takes others at their word, preferring to give others the benefit of the doubt first because of a belief about the goodness in others. She's a nice mare, if a little too trusting sometimes. Its a flaw of hers.

"I see. Well, we just had a run in with a powerful undead aboard the Cirrus, one of my old crew mate's exes. Wanted to make her undead, almost killed us etc,etc but we managed to send him back to his...black pearl...thing....MacGuffin."
    Gear explained realizing how strange this tale was. "Any ways, we need a priest or paladin to exorcise the spirit and sent it along its way to that it may rest in peace....and leave us the frak alone." She took a sip of the root beer.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately Gearstride is the sort who takes others at their word, preferring to give others the benefit of the doubt first because of a belief about the goodness in others. She's a nice mare, if a little too trusting sometimes. Its a flaw of hers.

"I see. Well, we just had a run in with a powerful undead aboard the Cirrus, one of my old crew mate's exes. Wanted to make her undead, almost killed us etc,etc but we managed to send him back to his...black pearl...thing....MacGuffin."
    Gear explained realizing how strange this tale was. "Any ways, we need a priest or paladin to exorcise the spirit and sent it along its way to that it may rest in peace....and leave us the frak alone." She took a sip of the root beer.
    Well, I can at least keep it locked up for you. Soft isn't the one to come to for exorcisms though. She kinda can't exorcise anything. I know normally Paladins are able to but Soft is...an exception. Smoothie says.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I can at least keep it locked up for you. Soft isn't the one to come to for exorcisms though. She kinda can't exorcise anything. I know normally Paladins are able to but Soft is...an exception. Smoothie says.

"Well, we're okay on the security side*, but its just that a crew mate of mine would prefer that it be laid to rest properly and not have it continue on being a tormented spirit," Gearstride explained and took another deep sip.

*Also, because it might be a future plot point and having it in Smoothie's plane will void that

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, we're okay on the security side*, but its just that a crew mate of mine would prefer that it be laid to rest properly and not have it continue on being a tormented spirit," Gearstride explained and took another deep sip.

*Also, because it might be a future plot point and having it in Smoothie's plane will void that
    Sadly, neither Soft nor I can help you. I'm not an exorcist, and the only way she could deal with a soul is eradicating it completely. Until we find an exorcist capable of dealing with her little situation that is. Smoothie says casually, taking a drink of her own Root Beer.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-08-12 at 12:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #711

"That's so weird. It was there right?" June walked farther out from the tent. There was no trace, except for a pair of bird's foot prints leading to a tree behind her. She looked up the tree and saw none other than... "Blackbeak!"

Miss me? Blackbeak landed on her shoulder.
    "She was very worried about you, Blackbeak," Mica says as she telekinetically folds up the tent and sleeping rolls and stows them in their day packs.

-----------------------------

[The North Gate]

"You can stop staring at any time now," the chair-bound mare says to the guards with humor in her musical voice. Her coat is bottle gray like a dolphin and her mane is a lovely sea green.

This snaps the guards out of their stupor. "Um, identification miss..?"

"Of course," she sings and fishes around under the blanket covering her lower body.

The guards look it over, one's eyes going wide at some part of it and darts between the ID and the mare. The other one manages to keep his composure.

"It appears everything is in order Miss Wave. Welcome to Bridle Shores."

"Thank you," she chimes as she accepts her ID back. "Do either of you know where I could get something to drink? I'm parched."

"Of course. Soft's Soda bar is the best place in town," the guard says and gives her directions.

"Thank you again!" she calls back melodically as she wheels herself off in that direction.

----------------------------

[Outside Soft's Soda Bar]

The wheelchair bound mare was having the usual trouble one might expect somepony in a chair to have opening the door.

"Pardon me, miss. Let me get that for you," came a dashing voice.

The wheelchair bound mare looked up to see a very handsome flutter pony, pure white coat and sky-clue mane. She really couldn't help but blush even though he wasn't her type.

"Thank you stranger," she trilled.

"Oh, dear," he chuckles as he holds the door for her, "you already know my name but I don't know yours."

"I... do?" her questioning tone rings out.

"Yes, Handsome Stranger at your service."

Several patrons of the bar are currently staring at the mare in the wheelchair with a blanket over her lower body. It's an unusual sight, even for this town.

"Oh, how appropriate!" she delights. "I'm Echo Wave."

"Delighted to meet you miss. Let me buy you a drink." Handsome walks up to the bar with the mare wheeling herself after him. "A root beer for me, please and whatever the lady wants."

"A large pitcher of water will do for now, thank you."

Smoothie would be getting some interesting readings from the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    From Echo, Smoothie would be getting thoughts that were musical and harmonious, like waves on the beach. The kind of soothing thoughts that she could lose herself listening to. She'd also quickly realize why the mare was stuck in a wheelchair with a blanket. She's a Sea Pony. They're almost unheard of coming this far inland.

From Handsome, she'd be getting a barrage of mental static. To get any coherent thoughts from him, she'd have to really concentrate. However, if she does so, she won't get anything that would suggest he's dangerous or anything other than a friendly traveler.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-08-12 at 12:52 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride at the Bar

"Ah well...that's too bad, eradicating another pony's soul to where it has no chance at finding peace in the afterlife....doesn't bode well with me. Personally, I consider it an evil act, but that's me and-" Gearstride lost her train of thought when that handsome stallion appeared pushing in that mare that she spotted at the entrance.

"Oh my...such a stud muffin,"
    Gear leered upon seeing Handsome Stranger.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-08-12 at 12:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #713

Gearstride at the Bar

"Ah well...that's too bad, eradicating another pony's soul to where it has no chance at finding peace in the afterlife....doesn't bode well with me. Personally, I consider it an evil act, but that's me and-" Gearstride lost her train of thought when that handsome stallion appeared pushing in that mare that she spotted at the entrance.

Handsome's entire head promptly blushes as he overhears this. "Ah.... um.... thank you?" he flounders as the wheelchair bound mare laughs like jingling bells.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Gearstride at the Bar

Well, that's why she tends to avoid doing it. The only time she usually uses said ability is in the case of things like demons that don't actually have souls. If she uses it on a pony, that means that pony has attracted enough of her ire that she considers eradicating them from existence the only option. Smoothie elaborates.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Handsome's entire head promptly blushes as he overhears this. "Ah.... um.... thank you?" he flounders as the wheelchair bound mare laughs like jingling bells.

"Heh, you're welcomed stud,"
    The vivacious mare playfully winks as she begins her introduction. "Captain Aventura Gearstride of The Cirrus, champion for justice, kicking bad guy flank, breaker of hearts and all around large ham. At your service."

Well, that's why she tends to avoid doing it. The only time she usually uses said ability is in the case of things like demons that don't actually have souls. If she uses it on a pony, that means that pony has attracted enough of her ire that she considers eradicating them from existence the only option. Smoothie elaborates.

"And who are we but mere ponies that we should judge whether or not another pony's soul should be able to find peace in the afterlife? We have no right to decide that, no matter who receives our ire,"
    Gearstride closed her eyes taking another sip.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-08-12 at 01:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

"And who are we but mere ponies that we should judge whether or not another pony's soul should be able to find peace in the afterlife? We have no right to decide that no matter who receives our ire,"
    Eh, Paladins are all kinda like that. The training they go through teaches them that their decisions come from either Celestia or Luna depending on who they were trained to serve. Frankly, Soft was never the most stable to begin with, and her subsequent training and war experience probably didn't help. I agree that we don't deserve to decide that, but she probably doesn't, and I don't particularly feel the urge to argue with somepony who has a 6 foot long greatsword. Plus, as far as I recall, she hasn't actually done that to anypony yet. I suspect one day she will since, like I said, not stable and kinda being influenced by a demon on some level. She says taking another drink of her Root Beer.

27. - Top - End - #717

"Heh, you're welcomed stud,"
    The vivacious mare playfully winks as she begins her introduction. "Captain Aventura Gearstride of The Cirrus, champion for justice, kicking bad guy flank, breaker of hearts and all around large ham. At your service."

"And who are we but mere ponies that we should judge whether or not another pony's soul should be able to find peace in the afterlife? We have no right to decide that, no matter who receives our ire,"
    Handsome blinks and fights down his blush. "Captain?" he says, quickly latching onto a part of the conversation that doesn't involve flirting. "Then, that would be your airship outside town?"
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, Paladins are all kinda like that. The training they go through teaches them that their decisions come from either Celestia or Luna depending on who they were trained to serve. Frankly, Soft was never the most stable to begin with, and her subsequent training and war experience probably didn't help. I agree that we don't deserve to decide that, but she probably doesn't, and I don't particularly feel the urge to argue with somepony who has a 6 foot long greatsword. Plus, as far as I recall, she hasn't actually done that to anypony yet. I suspect one day she will since, like I said, not stable and kinda being influenced by a demon on some level. She says taking another drink of her Root Beer.
    "I wouldn't mind arguing this with somepony who has a foot long greatsword," Gearstride playfully grins resting her chin on her hoof. "Alas, I don't fear those who try to intimate with sheer power. Frankly I don't fear at all, save for my crew's safety. I am foolish and headstrong enough to never back down to fear."

"A literal demon or a metaphorical demon? Evil/monster slaying is part of our business, hahah. By the way, you have two customers here who want their drinks, heheh."

Handsome blinks and fights down his blush. "Captain?" he says, quickly latching onto a part of the conversation that doesn't involve flirting. "Then, that would be your airship outside town?"

"Yes, The Cirrus, she's a beaut when she's soaring the skies....but alas...she's currently grounded due to technical difficulties,"
    Gear mock-frowns before returning back to her playfully, whimsical smile.

29. - Top - End - #719

"I wouldn't mind arguing this with somepony who has a foot long greatsword," Gearstride playfully grins resting her chin on her hoof. "Alas, I don't fear those who try to intimate with sheer power. Frankly I don't fear at all, save for my crew's safety. I am foolish and headstrong enough to never back down to fear."

"A literal demon or a metaphorical demon? Evil/monster slaying is part of our business, hahah. By the way, you have two customers here who want their drinks, heheh."

"Yes, The Cirrus, she's a beaut when she's soaring the skies....but alas...she's currently grounded due to technical difficulties,"
    Gear mock-frowns before returning back to her playfully, whimsical smile.
    "I've always wanted to see one of those up close and personal, but I've never had the opportunity," Handsome says converationally.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    "Got it." Lone Star replied, lifting up the door and lining it up on to it's hinges.
    And the pair soon cleared up the debris left behind my the battle. After what seemed like hours of work, the house seemed almost liveable; except for that gaping hole in the kitchen.

Icy slumped to her hauches, feeling slightly tired of the effort. "That took longer more than I anticipated." She smiled at Lone Star. "Thanks for the help."

Then she suddenly remembered her appointment with Fox. "Blast, I forgot I promised lunch with somepony." She handed Lone Star the key. "Here, help me lock up. I'll be back in an hour or so." The icy mare then disappeared out of the door with a gallop.

(Lone Star can either choose to follow her or take a look around her home.)

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata debates whether she should take a nap in the bathroom knowing it would take a decent while before Tyrol would catch wise and drag her awake again... in fact she does this for longer than would be polite to. After hanging up her towel, the mare goes back into the main hotel room and slips the lockpick back into her mane.

"Is there... *yawn* any particular reason you'd actually choose to be alive at this hour?"
    By the time she walked out, Tyrol was busy doing crosswords on the newspaper. He raised an eyebrow at her question. "I thought we were supposed to be finding this thief? Getting up early seemed prudent."
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-12 at 01:41 AM.