New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    How do you drink water and spit take cherry coke? Is that a property of all liches? Could I (hypothetically, of course) kidnap you and use you as a convenient all-in-one entertainment system/air conditioner/cherry coke dispenser?
    The best part is the cold aura chills the water/cherry coke instantly, so you never have to worry about lacking ice!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    As soon as you find a replacement and descent into atmosphere level we can have our fleet duel to the death and not risk destroying every brony psyche with the fighting.
    Um, MCerberus, my friend, I'm not sure you're fully appreciating the difference in scale between airship and conventional starships.

The biggest airship ship ever built in the world is about 250 metres (about 800 foot). (This is about three times the size of a conventional 747.) By comparison, the Spectral Glow

Spoiler
    Show

is 219 metres (657 feet) and that's one of the smallest ships in the fleet. At the other end, the Liche's Wrath Class Superdreadnought

Spoiler
    Show
    No decent picture, but to give you an idea, here's a model of one I use for playing my table-top games:

(which is one of the larger, but not largest capital ships) is 912 metres (2700 feet, or getting on for half a mile). That's three times the length of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier (and thus roughly twenty-seven times the size and mass, less the difference in shape; eyeballin' it, I'd guess about fifteen or so times the size that as a bottom-end estimate.)

At these sizes, they are simply way too big for atmospheric operations, especially at space combat speeds and ranges. Conventional starships tend to fight at ranges of between 1-4 light seconds. The Liche's Wrath's main coldbeam cannons have an effective combat range1 of about one-and-a third light seconds (or 250 000 miles), which means they can comfortably hit a target at that range maneouvring at significant fractions of the speed of light (though we seldom reach it, Aotrs drive technology is capable of hitting 0.9 lightspeed on the sublight engines. 0.1-0.3 c is a more typical engagement speed for everyone, though.) So against targets like airships? They are literally standing still, and the starship simply cannot miss. And, of course, the sheer size and power ratio mean that even with the best will in the world, an armoured airship - which is pretty damned good for an airship - simply isn't capable of taking very many - if any - direct hits from a capital warship. (Even with our super-light, advanced alloys and molecular engineering exponetially reducing the required thickness, the Liche's Wrath's super-ablative armour plating is about three metres thick.)

Just so we're clear - for once - I'm not saying all this just from Aotrs superiority. In terms of ship sizes and energy weapon ranges, we're not atypical for the galactic standard. (Our real benefits come from improved miniturisation, Gate drives and most of all, vastly improved missile technology, with ranges up to 1.25 million miles (approaching seven light-seconds).) The Royal Elven Navy (the REN) have roughly the same ranges with their lazers, and ship sizes are similar; ditto the Cybertanks and so on. The Cybertank Assimilator, which is pretty much the text book definition of "Heavy Cruiser" is about 450m (1350 feet) and their basic hull-shape has long been adapted by lots of powers; it and it's derivatives are one of the most common warship types in the galaxy.

How do you drink water and spit take cherry coke? Is that a property of all liches? Could I (hypothetically, of course) kidnap you and use you as a convenient all-in-one entertainment system/air conditioner/cherry coke dispenser?
    Not really, since when a Lich does a spit-take, it either creates or pulls a random liquid from somewhere in the universe. Most of the time, it's usually related to what has been drunk (which has, of course, been absorbed and re-radiated as energy on the ethreal plane), but you never know. I've personally expelled fruit-juice, custard, and on one unusual occasion, grade-3 brake fluid...

And, just so you know, it's not like I haven't mentioned this before in passing:

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    • The ability to do pretty much any action we could do in life (except excrete and perform sexual activity), including eat, speak, sigh, and occasionally spontaneously spew up random things if surprised.

1Note: this is effective range, not maximum range.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-05 at 11:43 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Honestly? Some of the best ideas I see happen mid-write. Being able to adapt to a piece as you're writing it is a good skill to have.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just fear for when the elements of the ponythread show up.

But in all seriousness, if you're feeling inspired by this, write it. I don't pretend to know how these little excerpts will translate into a fic, or even if they should translate. There's something to be said for non-traditional stories (and Shades of Midnight has certainly shown that they work) but the execution is your decision, not mine. If you do end up expanding these, and you need a prereader, drop me a line. This is an idea I'm excited about, and those don't happen often.
    Oh, well, yes, I'm very good at adapting. Most of my stories have some element of that in them, they go in weird ways.

Spoiler
    Show
    Though you're going to be disappointed about the lack of Elements of The Ponythread in this, seeing as it is supposed to be more 'realistic', and if I'm turning this into a story, I'd want people outside of this thread to 'get it'.

Honestly, what I'm thinking is that outside of these 'excerpts', the viewpoint character would not be Midnight, unlike Shades of and Moonlight Over Midnight. I'll keep the pre-reading offer on file, I never mind having plenty of proof-readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Why do you demand more Internets from me? WHY?

(tl;dr I want moar. And also a new chapter for the Nightmare War, if you're still writing that.)
    Because I'm forming a collection of Internets. It's going to be awesome.

(I *am* going to continue Nightmare Wars, I have some stuff for the next chapter written, honestly. It's just...my creativity works in weird, erratic ways.)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    a challenge, writers.

1: Which pony episode is best suited to be Shakespearianized?

2: write it.
    Party of Hamlet!
    Party of Hamlet!

edit- wait, that went Cupcakes really quickly.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-08-05 at 11:39 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    The Taming of the Trixie.

Wouldst thou test thy mettle against the Great and Powerful Trixie?

Would that my horse were as fast as yer mouth.
    A Pleasant Conceited Historie, called the taming of a Trixie

Trixie - The Trixie
    Twilight Sparkle - A wizard apprentice
    Spike - Assistant of Twilight; Suitor of Rarity
    Rainbow Dash - Rabble Rouser
    Ursa - A bear
    etc. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    The best part is the cold aura chills the water/cherry coke instantly, so you never have to worry about lacking ice!

See! See! I told you lich-technology is the future of home entertainment/cooling/refreshment.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Party of Hamlet!
    Party of Hamlet!

edit- wait, that went Cupcakes really quickly.
    Bridle Gossip=Twelfth Night gets my vote. Everything is inverted for a while and poison joke in general allows for all kinds of crazy role-swapping. Plus I know you all want to write it.

Someone should do Celestia as King Lear as well, even though it doesn't match up with any current episode at all. Could also try one of the Mane 6 as King Lear and then use the CMC as the three daughters for the lols.

Over a Barrel=Romeo and Juliet. Bloomberg gets to be Romeo, Fluttertree as Juliet
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #277

I don't quite mean a Shakespeare crossover, rather simply an episode that is close to Shakespearean plot and then written in Shakespearean english prose.

edit: Obviously pony episodes are all comedy, but more power to ya if you manage to write one as a tragedy.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-08-05 at 12:05 PM.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't quite mean a Shakespeare crossover, rather simply an episode that is close to Shakespearean plot and then written in Shakespearean english prose.

edit: Obviously pony episodes are all comedy, but more power to ya if you manage to write one as a tragedy.
    Party of One ends when Rainbow Dash walks into the room. </tragedy>

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

So fellow WTG-ers! Or anypony who might care, spoilered are my ideas for this week's cliche-filled romp in Ponyville. I'm shooting for a tone that is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but not My Immortal parody level. Here we go:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cliches: RD loses wings, Twilight messing up a spell, RD is a fillyfooler who ships with everypony

The story opens when Twilight invites RD over because she’s working on a variant of the wing spell from Sonic Rainboom and she needs a spell focus with wings to make casting easier.

Unfortunately, Twilight messes up spell (some pages stick together, perhaps?), and she and RD wind up body-swapping instead. Twilight tries to find a counterspell, but because it was a mix-and-match deal she can't, and so it turns out they’ll be stuck in their current (new) bodies for 24 hrs.

This is a problem for RD because she has a date with Background Mare #3(Roseluck?)! Twilight gets confused because she’s never had a date and is mostly unaware of fillyfoolery so RD has to explain things and mutual embarrassment is had. Even so, RD wants the date to happen; her secret reason is that she had to work hard to convince Roseluck(?) to go out with her and she's afraid she won’t get a second chance. However, being RD she can't admit to that, and tells Twi it has to go through because she’ll be too busy later on.

Finally RD decides to coach Twi on dating - shenanigans of body mismatch ensue (think a combination of her 'coaching' of Fluttershy and Scootaloo in their respective episodes, plus a resurgence of awkward!Twi)

Eventually, the real date happens and in the process, a very nervous Twi finds out how Roseluck really feels, but it turns out Roseluck likes Twi's personality better than RD's so date is a success despite awkwardness.

End somehow (Twi tells RD what’s happened, Twi decides /she/ likes RL, etc.)

The ending is up in the air still, so I'll be taking suggestions.

EDIT: Oh my! Guardopolis!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-05 at 12:24 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Honestly, what I'm thinking is that outside of these 'excerpts', the viewpoint character would not be Midnight, unlike Shades of and Moonlight Over Midnight. I'll keep the pre-reading offer on file, I never mind having plenty of proof-readers.
    That sounds like an interesting idea. Who do you think would be the viewpoint character?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Choose your side:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've picked mine...
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-05 at 12:33 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

The New Lunar Republic makes more music and thus is Hipstershy approved.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Theory: is it possible to ship shipping?
    It depends upon if you find a large enough box to ship the shipping in, and with some ponies, that's a LOT of ship to be shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Also ponies are from Zeist.
    I thought ponies were from Equestria. If they're from Zeist, how did they get to Equestria then?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Lix Lorn is the obvious choice for new Sane Pony.
    It's sad when the closest thing we have to a sane person is somebody who wants to go cuddle with a critter that sucks the life away from anybody touching it. I mean, seriously. She wants to snog a lich. That ain't normal.

a challenge, writers.

1: Which pony episode is best suited to be Shakespearianized?

2: write it.
    Having read Shakespear, that there is a MEAN challenge. The man made up half the english language as we know it.

And from here on out, he is now known as Shakespony, because we're all about the pony here.

Not really, since when a Lich does a spit-take, it either creates or pulls a random liquid from somewhere in the universe. Most of the time, it's usually related to what has been drunk (which has, of course, been absorbed and re-radiated as energy on the ethreal plane), but you never know. I've personally expelled fruit-juice, custard, and on one unusual occasion, grade-3 brake fluid...
    ... He has magical spit-taking powers. Wait, if your magic compensates for lack of most body functions, do you still have a sense of taste? Because if you do, I'd say that spit take power is curse instead of a boon...

I mean, there's a chance that you could spit take 'New York Sewer ****'. That ain't good.

Edit: And no, that wasn't 'poo' that got sensored. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't offensive. I think it was like 'crud' or something.
    Last edited by InkwellPony; 2011-08-05 at 12:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Choose your side:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've picked mine...
    I have chosen a side, but you'll never know it.
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #285

This is an excellent idea and you should feel proud for suggesting it.

Edit: I support the New Lunar Republic! Because, socks.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-05 at 12:53 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Who has it now? I lost track
    >>
    <<
    I have one, Midnight has the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    That and Twilight needs to stop calling them her little ponies. They are not yours Twilight, you cannot have them, stop claiming they are yours.
    Twilight is very much a mothering type.

"Oh Great and Powerful Lixie, Lord of the Ship, hear my prayers! Do not listen to this heretic who seeks to question your ways! Continue to personally intervene in all matters, as your infinite wisdom has lead you to! Do not use us mortals as pawns in some divine game, for your way is clearly superior and have you ever tried to get mortals to do anything? Just ask the other gods, it's hard. Lots of pain and suffering has to be inflicted on them to get them to do anything you ask and obviously your way is much better!"
    Oh, silly little pony.
    You ARE a pawn in my game.
    The truest wisdom of a deity is to allow yourself to be among the pawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *The scene of two ponies trying to tie each other up is oft a complex one. Such contests tend to become brawls, indiscriminate balls of rope and duct tape, hooves and tails. It swiftly becomes impossible to determine where one pony ends and the other begins; who is bondaging who. To look at a rope war is to look into non-eludican network of chains, sticky tape and pony.

Worse, these things tend to have a habit of spreading. Anypony who gets too close or, worse, offers assistance tend to accidentally touch some free-floating drop of tree sap and, in their efforts to free themselves rapidly becomes part of the greater tangle. It is not unknown for entire towns to be caught up in a giant ball of rope and ball gags and start rolling across the countryside, sweeping up entire cities in their path*
    NAAAAA NA NA NA NA NAA NAAA NAAAA NA KATAPONY DAMACYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Who, when, where and how much are you offering?
    Who's girlfriend, where, when and how much are you offering?
    My crush's, America, as soon as possible.
    As for how much?
    I will write in the Ship Note 'Kris StrifexAnyone he truly wants to be with.'
    This may seem like very little, but bear in mind I believe it will make you immune to further ship note antics.

Quickly, slowly, and with how much collateral damage? We have a very wide range of suitable weaponry...
    Quickly, and as long as the girlfriend's boyfriend survive, collateral damage is no issue.

I'll have you know I making a tactical prediction made on prior expereince and situational data and thus following the Aotrs Pre-Empetive Strike protocols. The terrified screeching was merely co-incidental.

Yeah, k-

Something to say Hopereaver? *click*

Nosir!

Sure know how to treat a girl, dontcha boss.

Thats' what I thought. Now-

!?

Hang on a second, I need to do this right.

*fetches glass of water. Drinks water*

*spit-take, spewing cherry coke all over the nearest War Droid*

You're a girl?!?!

You learn summat new every day.

*skullpalm* I've only been under your command for, what five years...

Yes, well, your voice is kinda androgynous-

HEY!

-and I'm not anatomy expert, or something. I can't tell a female skeleton from a male one, plus you've never brought it up before. 'Sides, not like it makes any difference or anything.

So why the whole routine?

'S a laugh, innit.

*skulldesk*

It's nice to be making someone else do it for a change...

Hopereaver is a girl?

You see, from the tone and implications for your other posts, last night, I almost feel a touch guilty for rejecting you out hand.

Almost.

Though I might have to scrap back-up plan #2, I fear it might perhaps be across the line of acceptably civilised evil behavior.
    Nah, I don't get upset about flirting. Especially roleplay flirting.

I could define sanity by being it's opposite, I guess...
    But the best choice must clearly be...

But....but....I'm the one who came *up* with the term ponysane...I'm the Element of Pony! You can't take that away from me!
    ...Midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I'll vote for Lix if she promises to mail me a piece of that German space elf lich (I was thinking something small, like one of the carpel bones) for air conditioning. It's a hundred degrees every single day. And it hasn't rained in months. I'll take the risks.
    You can have the whole guy, I'm gonna have another one soon.

And one more thing...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're doing what I think you're doing, and making a realistic origin for the previous RP's Midnight Mare, then I may just have to give you all the internets because you're pulling it off.
    ...THAT'S who it is!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #287

Um, MCerberus, my friend, I'm not sure you're fully appreciating the difference in scale between airship and conventional starships.
    -snip "cant let you do that lich"-
    There are airships in SAPCE?! But..there is no air!
    I believe they would be called "Starships" in that case.
    TO THE SPOILER BOX!

*Also* Esper, i don't know if it appears that im attempting to take your spot light, but i'm not. (even though i post my own spoiler mini-fic RIGHT after you post yours...) Its more so you remind me/ inspire me to try my hand and writing. If you remember it was your Midnight fics that spawned Ponyard Kipling in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponyard and Nightscream stare, jaws hanging at Skyrocket. Her launcher had tripped in size and was now sporting an extra barrel, which she was holding as effortlessly as she had held her original one. Her support bracers and changed too, they now snaked up her back and neck over her head and around her chest. attached were a a pair of goggles with all sorts of numbers and marks ponyard didn't understand. She walked about on her two legs smoothly, where as before she could only stand still.
    This key is like nothing we could ever hope to understand. I don't know what its powersource is, but the power leaks out on anything in contact with with this spiral. She gestured to the key in side her homemade lock, which fit perfectly, a power display in the form of a spiral displayed around it.
    I didnt even build that. This power seems capeable of creating things from its self. what ever is needed, it creates.
    I want you to interface that with something larger. BUT NOT MY PRECIOUS SHIP! not yet anyway.
    I know just what to do. After activating the key, i saw plans, a blueprint for...i'm not sure what it was, but the key seemed to want me to build it. and now i know exactly how too.
    What do we call this power then?
    Spiral power.

Definitely not my best in terms of writing skill. But im basing this off 2 completely nonsensical topics. Ponyard and the ponythread, and Gurren Lagann...I'm doing the best i can.
    Last edited by Rebelhero; 2011-08-05 at 01:06 PM.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    That sounds like an interesting idea. Who do you think would be the viewpoint character?
    It'll probably be multiple different viewpoints, probably Twilight/Trixie focused, with some Luna/Spike/others depending on how it goes.

Choose your side:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've picked mine...
    I refuse to pick sides!

Don't make me choose between my Princess Mommy and my 'Gammy', that's just mean. I love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I have one, Midnight has the other.
    In other words, the two ponies who really shouldn't have them are the ones who have them. Of course, on the other hand, we're also the ones who can use them to their utmost.

Twilight is very much a mothering type.
    You have no idea.

I could define sanity by being it's opposite, I guess...
    But the best choice must clearly be...

...Midnight.
    See? Even she thinks so! Yay, thank you, Lix!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    TO THE SPOILER BOX!

*Also* Esper, i don't know if it appears that im attempting to take your spot light, but i'm not. (even though i post my own spoiler mini-fic RIGHT after you post yours...) Its more so you remind me/ inspire me to try my hand and writing. If you remember it was your Midnight fics that spawned Ponyard Kipling in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ponyard and Nightscream stare, jaws hanging at Skyrocket. Her launcher had tripped in size and was now sporting an extra barrel, which she was holding as effortlessly as she had held her original one. Her support bracers and changed too, they now snaked up her back and neck over her head and around her chest. attached were a a pair of goggles with all sorts of numbers and marks ponyard didn't understand. She walked about on her two legs smoothly, where as before she could only stand still.
    This key is like nothing we could ever hope to understand. I don't know what its powersource is, but the power leaks out on anything in contact with with this spiral. She gestured to the key in side her homemade lock, which fit perfectly, a power display in the form of a spiral displayed around it.
    I didnt even build that. This power seems capeable of creating things from its self. what ever is needed, it creates.
    I want you to interface that with something larger. BUT NOT MY PRECIOUS SHIP! not yet anyway.
    I know just what to do. After activating the key, i saw plans, a blueprint for...i'm not sure what it was, but the key seemed to want me to build it. and now i know exactly how too.
    Spiral power.

Definitely not my best in terms of writing skill. But im basing this off 2 completely nonsensical topics. Ponyard and the ponythread, and Gurren Lagann...I'm doing the best i can.
    Hey, that's no problem, I rather like that I can inspire people with my own writing and insanity, that means a lot to me.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-05 at 01:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

So fellow WTG-ers! Or anypony who might care, spoilered are my ideas for this week's cliche-filled romp in Ponyville. I'm shooting for a tone that is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but not My Immortal parody level. Here we go:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cliches: RD loses wings, Twilight messing up a spell, RD is a fillyfooler who ships with everypony

The story opens when Twilight invites RD over because she’s working on a variant of the wing spell from Sonic Rainboom and she needs a spell focus with wings to make casting easier.

Unfortunately, Twilight messes up spell (some pages stick together, perhaps?), and she and RD wind up body-swapping instead. Twilight tries to find a counterspell, but because it was a mix-and-match deal she can't, and so it turns out they’ll be stuck in their current (new) bodies for 24 hrs.

This is a problem for RD because she has a date with Background Mare #3(Roseluck?)! Twilight gets confused because she’s never had a date and is mostly unaware of fillyfoolery so RD has to explain things and mutual embarrassment is had. Even so, RD wants the date to happen; her secret reason is that she had to work hard to convince Roseluck(?) to go out with her and she's afraid she won’t get a second chance. However, being RD she can't admit to that, and tells Twi it has to go through because she’ll be too busy later on.

Finally RD decides to coach Twi on dating - shenanigans of body mismatch ensue (think a combination of her 'coaching' of Fluttershy and Scootaloo in their respective episodes, plus a resurgence of awkward!Twi)

Eventually, the real date happens and in the process, a very nervous Twi finds out how Roseluck really feels, but it turns out Roseluck likes Twi's personality better than RD's so date is a success despite awkwardness.

End somehow (Twi tells RD what’s happened, Twi decides /she/ likes RL, etc.)

The ending is up in the air still, so I'll be taking suggestions.
    My only concern is that it sounds like a rather long story for the time constraints. Remember, you've got less than a week to write this thing. Other than that, sounds deliciously cliche-worthy, just so long as you remember to keep the tone on the light/parody side.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

I refuse to pick sides!
    Fair enough...but I was a Night Watcher and a supporter of socks from earliest days so my choice was easy.

Luna Nobis Custodit

My only concern is that it sounds like a rather long story for the time constraints. Remember, you've got less than a week to write this thing. Other than that, sounds deliciously cliche-worthy, just so long as you remember to keep the tone on the light/parody side.
    Yeah, I'm definitely going for light-hearted, and although it may be long-ish, I think I can crank it out if I'm determined. I also feel bad since I didn't do anything last week, but I was totally dry on ideas...

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony View Post
    It's sad when the closest thing we have to a sane person is somebody who wants to go cuddle with a critter that sucks the life away from anybody touching it. I mean, seriously. She wants to snog a lich. That ain't normal.
    You're tellin' me...

I mean, "normal" is waaay over-rated, and personally I'd rather eat supernovas than be normal, but even so, limits...

Quote Originally Posted by InkwellPony
    ... He has magical spit-taking powers. Wait, if your magic compensates for lack of most body functions, do you still have a sense of taste? Because if you do, I'd say that spit take power is curse instead of a boon...
    I never said it was a useful or beneficial ability...

Hopereaver is a girl?
    Who knew, eh?

*censored*

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    Nah, I don't get upset about flirting.
    Unfortunately, your last post seems to indicate that plan #2 (which would have been bringing up you stated location under your avatar) probably wouldn't have worked.

Bugger. Okay, plan #3, then.

Hopereaver, where is my list of plans?

You mean that big pile of paper that said "do not throw away under any cirumstances?"

Yeeess...

Oh, I threw it away.

Remind me, why do I keep you around?

Because otherwise, you have to deal with the likes of Spleenripper. Who has about as much logistical and command skills as Wardroid $R5TX over there.

Point.

You can have the whole guy, I'm gonna have another one soon.
    *skullpalm*
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-05 at 01:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

In other words, the two ponies who really shouldn't have them are the ones who have them. Of course, on the other hand, we're also the ones who can use them to their utmost.
    Actually...
    >_>
    <_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't use it. It's a form of mind control, which I only do when I go fully evil. I have a notebook made to look like it. I write in that, and people THINK it's fated. Thus, they give a chance to pairings they otherwise wouldn't try, while ones they /know/ will fail they ignore.

You have no idea.
    Um. Sorry? XD

See? Even she thinks so! Yay, thank you, Lix!
    Credit where credit's due, honey.

Who knew, eh?

*censored*
    Sorry, dear. Wanna go shopping or something else deeply stereotypical? A nice pink dress might remind them.

Unfortunately, your last post seems to indicate that plan #2 (which would have been bringing up you stated location under your avatar) probably wouldn't have worked.
    It's an open relationship.

Bugger. Okay, plan #3, then.

Hopereaver, where is my list of plans?

You mean that big pile of paper that said "do not throw away under any cirumstances?"

Yeeess...

Oh, I threw it away.

Remind me, why do I keep you around?

Because otherwise, you have to deal with the likes of Spleenripper. Who has about as much logistical and command skills as Wardroid $R5TX over there.

Point.

*skullpalm*
    You keep her around cause if you didn't, she'd help me get you out of spite.

(suddenly appears behind Aotrs, pats gently on back)
    Just a matter of time, dearest. All fall before me.
    All shall love me. and despair.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    TO THE SPOILER BOX!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spiral power.

Ponies are awesome. Gurren Lagann is awesome. I expect to Ponyard do the impossible and kick reason to the curb! I don't have much else to say here, except good luck, and have fun with writing it!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

24. - Top - End - #294

Choose your side:
    Spoiler
    Show

I've picked mine...
    As have I, no contest.

On sanity: I gave my reason for not choosing Midnight. I don't think our representative for sanity should be somepony who hears a human in their head - even only every once in a while. Similarly, Bobcat occasionally goes mad, which isn't helpful (and is the kind of incident that lost the Commodore the position).

Lix is at least consistent, available and appropriately relatively sane - however odd her choice of lover(s) is (or are, as the case may be).

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

My crush's, America, as soon as possible.
    As for how much?
    I will write in the Ship Note 'Kris StrifexAnyone he truly wants to be with.'
    This may seem like very little, but bear in mind I believe it will make you immune to further ship note antics.
    America is a big country Lix.

And I'd have to refuse the Ship Noting, for exactly this reason:

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't use it. It's a form of mind control, which I only do when I go fully evil. I have a notebook made to look like it. I write in that, and people THINK it's fated. Thus, they give a chance to pairings they otherwise wouldn't try, while ones they /know/ will fail they ignore.
    Bolding by me naturally.

While it'd be nice to automatically be able to start a relationship with the first person I truly desired, it wouldn't be the same as earning it by my own actions and words.

Also, I think I have Ship Note immunity anyways, due to my request to not be Ship Noted...
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

26. - Top - End - #296

You are now being shipped with the abstract concept of not being shipped?

Am I doing this right, people? I'm new to this.

And now, just using the word "people" looks funny, but I can't seem to ponyify it. I know, I know, everypony, but I like some variety in my vocabulary.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-08-05 at 02:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, dear. Wanna go shopping or something else deeply stereotypical? A nice pink dress might remind them.
    I'm almost tempted, but it wouldn't fit over my armour.

*glare*

Also, I have duties to attend to which I'm doing right now, boss!

It's an open relationship.
    Somehow, I just knew that was coming...

You keep her around cause if you didn't, she'd help me get you out of spite.
    That too.

(suddenly appears behind Aotrs, pats gently on back)
    Just a matter of time, dearest. All fall before me.
    All shall love me. and despair.
    Waaaaagh!

*keels over backwards*

Well, I've got the former and the latter down, at any rate...

Can't we just skip the middle one?

Wait, wait, wait. You have a girlfriend and a crush who's girlfriend you want assassinating1? And all those Elves (and whatever is left of Spleenripper.)

Fickle, aren't we?

Also, can anyone name me a currently existant pony with a dark blue hide and yellow or red hair (and a picture of said pony's cutie mark)? Canon/fanon optimally?

1By the by, on that issue, how does being repeatedly squished under the hull of a Hammer of Hatred heavy grav-tank bouncing up and down on them sound? I find it works wonders on vampires; especially because it takes ages for them to be crushed into a fine enough paste they can't heal. Fun for everyone!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-05 at 02:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    You are now being shipped with the abstract concept of not being shipped?
    I think that would require me to dislike all shipping. I have no problem with others shipping, or being shipped.

In a show where relationships beyond "Group of friends" are never brought up/ignored, I can somewhat understand where they come from, and I think some of them, especially some that have been in this thread work really well.

Even if I don't read the fics.

That said, when the only reason two characters are shipped is because one hates the other, or they both hate each other...
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #299

Actually...
    >_>
    <_<
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight blinks curiously, her ears twitching slightly as Lix whispers that secret into her ear.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wow...that's actually pretty cunning! I'm impressed! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. It's not like I use mine too much unless I'm n the midst of being Midnight Mare.

Um. Sorry? XD
    *Midnight giggles.
    "Remind me someday to tell you some of the stories about growing up with two of the most overprotective mothers in the world. ^^"

Credit where credit's due, honey.
    *Midnight snuggles Lixie!

On sanity: I gave my reason for not choosing Midnight. I don't think our representative for sanity should be somepony who hears a human in their head - even only every once in a while. Similarly, Bobcat occasionally goes mad, which isn't helpful (and is the kind of incident that lost the Commodore the position).

Lix is at least consistent, available and appropriately relatively sane - however odd her choice of lover(s) is (or are, as the case may be).
    But he's only an occasional thing! It's part of what defines Ponysanity, because you need something to *compare* ponysanity to!

Anyways, you probably won't see any more posts from me until quite late today, we're going out to dinner with the soon-to-be in-laws, and they're quite far away, actually. I'll try to get another excerpt out tonight when I get back.

Also, don't expect to see me much at all tomorrow, what with the wedding and all.

30. - Top - End - #300

Oh yes, someone was asking who had the Ship Note at the moment? I have a page, from all the way back when Thanquol stole it.