New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    But why is that related to your Element? Do they eat lots of spicy food all the while?
    Element of Heartburn = Element of Heart + Pink One madness
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    "Orgy?"
    whoawhoawhoa, where'd the booze come from?
    Where?

You mean, who.

Spoiler
    Show

-

Oh, I get it! A heart which burns unbridled; to PARTY!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    See, I keep having dreams about ponythread. It's becoming frequent enough to be worrying...

Also, I continue to find your psyche fascinating, Thanqol.
    Mask: It gets even more interesting when you start finding out the flaws of us three and how they interact with the whole. Jayden's all about positivity, to the point where she can be quite aggressive in ignoring and combating negativity. She's the rock-star, model, athlete, scientist wizard with no flaws except her own pride, which is more than enough. Charger's a teenage girl who is absolutely convinced she's an Arthurian knight and holds herself to that standard of honour - and she hates other human beings and often considers them a worthless distraction... I, of course am a liar and a con artist, and generally more flaw than pony.

Charger: Interestingly, thinking and posting in this particular way is oddly enlightening. Normally posts take longer to think through because some sort of subconscious consensus has to be reached to apply the best result to the situation. This format allows a stream of consciousness reply, providing insight into the factors and influences that go into the thought process. It is more honest, perhaps, because it conveys the journey to each response as well as the conclusion.

Ponythread dreams are also pretty wild, let me tell you...
    Jayden: Dream Gilda is hella cute, I just gotta say. And huggable.
    Mask: I think we like the idea of Gilda much more than the actual Gilda.

Wait, how do you mean? Dreams about being on the forum? Because those are only ever nightmares, where I can't psot enough to keep up and everypony forgets about me after thousands of pages.

Or dreams in the pony thread continuity? I've only ever had like, a half one of those. It was a Shimmer Snowflake (actually Fluttershy recolor) who looked sideways, all wide eyed, then looked back at me. Then she started to smile, began to wave...

... And zombies tore her apart. The dream took off into a whole different direction after that.
    Mask: Sometimes you scare me.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Hush, you! I plan on the clone orgy being forgotten so I can bring it up again in a couple months with hilarious results.
    As long as Luna doesn't show up with *that* spell then we should be fine. Otherwise will end up with filly!Midnights whose mothers are Midnight and Midnight. And possibly Midnight. Also Luna. And that would just be weird.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mask: It gets even more interesting when you start finding out the flaws of us three and how they interact with the whole. Jayden's all about positivity, to the point where she can be quite aggressive in ignoring and combating negativity. She's the rock-star, model, athlete, scientist wizard with no flaws except her own pride, which is more than enough. Charger's a teenage girl who is absolutely convinced she's an Arthurian knight and holds herself to that standard of honour - and she hates other human beings and often considers them a worthless distraction... I, of course am a liar and a con artist, and generally more flaw than pony.

Charger: Interestingly, thinking and posting in this particular way is oddly enlightening. Normally posts take longer to think through because some sort of subconscious consensus has to be reached to apply the best result to the situation. This format allows a stream of consciousness reply, providing insight into the factors and influences that go into the thought process. It is more honest, perhaps, because it conveys the journey to each response as well as the conclusion.
    Hmm

*takes notes*

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darn it! I knew I should have posted that!

At least Fluttersquid has a friend now.

Guess I'll just post this instead:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When we were discussing the lack of Ponies + Tentacles, this isn't quite what we had in mind.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Banned

A valid point. The one medium in which to meander is to enrich, and yet most of us strive for brevity.

Of course, your skill with words and sentence structure make it easier for you to do than, say, me.

Jayden: Dream Gilda is hella cute, I just gotta say. And huggable.
    Mask: I think we like the idea of Gilda much more than the actual Gilda.
    Aye. Actual Gilda is a nightmare. But the conception of griffons, now that's a gem.

Mask: Sometimes you scare me.
    I am caught between being relieved that the liar said that, or being concerned that the liar said that.

What, you don't get continually assaulted by the vengeful souls of the dead on the psychoplanes? Really, now. There's no way that's an isolated phenomenon.

It's part of a system, though. If I sleep for too long, I dream more vividly. If I sleep in even longer, the dreams turn nightmarish. Having a pony torn asunder by walking corpses is a sign for me to get out of bed and go about my day.

9. - Top - End - #1089

A valid point. The one medium in which to meander is to enrich, and yet most of us strive for brevity.

Of course, your skill with words and sentence structure make it easier for you to do than, say, me.
    Charger: It is a skill that can be acquired. We have been posting in PBP RPs since April 2004; one develops a knack. We also refuse to use colour due to the strain of one particular period in keeping 7+ coloured voices separate, and instead decided to focus on making each character's voice as distinct as possible without resorting to tricks of formatting. It was an excellent decision.

Aye. Actual Gilda is a nightmare. But the conception of griffons, now that's a gem.
    Jayden: It's like hugging a kitty and a feather blanket at the same time!
    Mask: You'd make a good griffon, Jayden.
    Jayden: HMMMM.

I am caught between being relieved that the liar said that, or being concerned that the liar said that.
    Mask: I'm totally the most honest one here. You've got to believe me.

What, you don't get continually assaulted by the vengeful souls of the dead on the psychoplanes? Really, now. There's no way that's an isolated phenomenon.

It's part of a system, though. If I sleep for too long, I dream more vividly. If I sleep in even longer, the dreams turn nightmarish. Having a pony torn asunder by walking corpses is a sign for me to get out of bed and go about my day.
    Mask: Actually, we don't dream.
    Charger: Not exactly. Until we were around fifteen we had intense, visceral, total soul-shaking dreams. And then, one day, during a particularly bad nightmare we stopped, we declared "No, this is MY dream and it's going to be a DAMN GOOD DREAM". And through sheer willpower, we took flight and had a beautiful and memorable dream about flying.
    Jayden: And we never dreamed like that again. Maybe we intimidated our subconscious or something, because after that it was just sleep > wake up. The only time we do dream is when we sleep through the night, wake up in the morning, and then go immediately back to sleep. That's when we get the weird stuff.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-09 at 12:35 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

The only time we do dream is when we sleep through the night, wake up in the morning, and then go immediately back to sleep. That's when we get the weird stuff.
    All of my most vividly enjoyable and terrifying dreams happen under exactly these circumstances, although unless I make a point of recalling them when I wake up, they usually fade rapidly.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

11. - Top - End - #1091

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    All of my most vividly enjoyable and terrifying dreams happen under exactly these circumstances, although unless I make a point of recalling them when I wake up, they usually fade rapidly.
    Charger: I believe the mind wakes up in stages. Opening your eyes in the morning and seeing sunlight automatically awakens the creative mind, but then the rest of the brain goes back to sleep, so the entire self becomes beholden to the whims and genius of one's creativity.

Mask: It cuts the other way; I can go entire days without waking up my 'human conversation' centre, which makes the first conversation of my day awkward and halting, regardless if it's had a 9 in the morning or 7pm at night.

Jayden: Sometimes I talk to myself to get it rolling early!

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Banned

I cannot help but wonder if that is a subtle dig at my hue

Jayden: It's like hugging a kitty and a feather blanket at the same time!
    Mask: You'd make a good griffon, Jayden.
    Jayden: HMMMM.
    THAT IS AWESOME
    I want. Griffon friend now :(
    What about-
    You're not a full-fledged character yet. You don't count.
    ...oh.

The only time we do dream is when we sleep through the night, wake up in the morning, and then go immediately back to sleep. That's when we get the weird stuff.
    Standard protocol for learning lucid dreaming is alternate your schedule. Whey other day, wake up an hour earlier, then go back to sleep.

You'll start your dream cycle a little earlier, and be in the habit of waking up during, so it's easier to remember.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-09 at 12:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1093

I cannot help but wonder if that is a subtle dig at my hue
    Charger: I intend no disrespect to those that use non-eye-harming colours for their posts, such as yourself. I do not, however, believe colour is a viable substitute for personality and voice.

THAT IS AWESOME
    I want. Griffon friend now :(
    What about-
    You're not a full-fledged character yet. You don't count.
    ...oh.
    Jayden: You totally count! You're awesome, Thistle, you've always been awesome. You're high on the list of "Ideas to someday steal".
    Charger: Indeed; your mindscape follows many of the same aspects that would make it valid as a high level thought pattern.
    Jayden: We should also totally draw the griffon team.

Standard protocol for learning lucid dreaming is alternate your schedule. Whey other day, wake up an hour earlier, then go back to sleep.

You'll start your dream cycle a little earlier, and be in the habit of waking up during, so it's easier to remember.
    Charger: Curious. Noted.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-09 at 12:53 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US New addition to Semper Fidelis! This issue, Doctor Whooves gets his moment in the spotlight.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Barbarian in the Playground

Esper! you did it again! i combed through 10 pages of ponysanity JUST to find the end of Midnight Mare.

FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC
    although i do have one thing i would like to point out, to the spoilers, shall we?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last excerpt, and the epilogue, its not clear what happens. Is NNM just a voice inside Midnight's head? or did she become the little Navi type fairy?

I love your fics. your ideas, your characters, and even your mini roleplays. And once again you give me the drive to set up Ponen Lagann and get back to work on Ponyard's story.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huh, I for one can only remember my dreams if I wake up naturally. Means that when I have to set an alarm (ie, most of the time, except during summers), I rarely remember anything. On the flip side, I can bring up some great details if I wake up on my own, though the problem with this is that "on my own" usually ends up being somewhere between 8 and 12 hours. I'll admit, I keep a dream journal, and some weeks I recall nothing, and others, I get 4, 5 or more dreams memorized almost by rote.

Funny in that until a few weeks ago when someone explained to me what a lucid dream is, I thought everyone had control of their dreams, and just forgot afterwards (as I do with most of my dreams, knowing that you are/were in full control, but never remembering the details).

I am considering saving all my expending of effort for much later, and just maybe doodling. 80% of my posts would have been discussing pokemon, anyway.
    (I settled on Houndoom, since it has all the qualities of Mightyena but is also a Houndoom.)
    Come now, pokemon is always fun to talk about. Houndoom is always good. If you were not insistent on dark type, I'd say go for Arcanine since the only disadvantage (off the top of my head) it has when compared with Houndoom is the lack of a dark STAB.

I know I'm late for the hugs, but here you are anyways! <hugs> (also puts this post vaguely on topic)

Spoiler
    Show

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

I've never put much thought into it before, but Pinkie would be a great Joker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

and an even better Bane.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

I've never put much thought into it before, but Pinkie would be a great Joker...

and an even better Bane.
    I must hug you. I mean break you. Break you! Oh darn. Oh well. Want some venom?

That's a cupcake.

Why did I listen to Kindablue? No soy espanol!
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a very successful version of either, mind, but she's as close to that as Fluttershy is to Poison Ivy.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Not a very successful version of either, mind, but she's as close to that as Fluttershy is to Poison Ivy.
    O-oh I um... is that a bad credit card? Please don't buy me I don't want to be bought....

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Huh, I for one can only remember my dreams if I wake up naturally. *Means that when I have to set an alarm (ie, most of the time, except during summers), I rarely remember anything. *On the flip side, I can bring up some great details if I wake up on my own, though the problem with this is that "on my own" usually ends up being somewhere between 8 and 12 hours. *I'll admit, I keep a dream journal, and some weeks I recall nothing, and others, I get 4, 5 or more dreams memorized almost by rote.
    The waking up early is just so you are used to waking up early. I phrased it poorly; really what you are doing is sleeping in on certain days.

Really, though, it's easier to look it up than have it explained by a guy who actively relinquishes control while sleeping.

Funny in that until a few weeks ago when someone explained to me what a lucid dream is, I thought everyone had control of their dreams, and just forgot afterwards (as I do with most of my dreams, knowing that you are/were in full control, but never remembering the details).
    *shrug* it's like the matrix. Everyone does have control, they just continue to operate by standard rules.
    Again though, just an assumption on my part.*

Come now, pokemon is always fun to talk about. *Houndoom is always good. *If you were not insistent on dark type, I'd say go for Arcanine since the only disadvantage (off the top of my head) it has when compared with Houndoom is the lack of a dark STAB.
    Well, I was specifically looking for a self-representation. The dark types fit me better than fighting (viciousness rather than precision), I've always identified as canine/lupine, I have similar facial profile, and while I tend to hit hard and fast, I dont do so well getting hit. When deciding amongst the specifics, I found these
    Houndoom are generally very protective, alert, headstrong, intelligent, and very focused
    They can be overly aggressive, but only to protect themselves, their young, their territory, or their owner.
    Houndoom choose their leader by fighting amongst themselves
    And considering I wanted a pokémon that represented my personality as well, it was a no-brainer.

But why dark?
    Spoiler
    Show
    when silver/gold first came out, after I got over my euphoria at having bought the game, I trained every dark type pokémon. I got a feel for how they handle, much like how after a while a MtG player can "feel" how a deck will play by scrolling through the cards.

Tyranitar, the kaiju beast. Sneasel the sneakthief. Murkrow the sad waste of my time, with a neat hat. Umbreon, sleek, impenetrable night, soaking damage and recovering it.

They all feel like the kinds of things I would do (except for Sneasel, who felt a little too malicious for my liking), and that trend continued on into Emerald, where I stopped playing. Shiftry, crawdaunt, sableye. All feel thematic and appropriate. Mightyena, who earned my respect, as I dismissed him for the standard weak early game pokemon fodder.

The dark types have earned my respect. Where there are cool pokemon in each type, Dark is one of those where it's rare that I dislike one, rather than rare I like a bunch of them.

Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-09 at 04:15 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrug* it's like the matrix. Everyone does have control, they just continue to operate by standard rules.
    I've never done it, but I have made a habit of that light switch trick from Waking Life. Of course, I always forget why I do that in dreams so it doesn't snap me out of it.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    You have been ambushed by a ninja rust monster! The creature forbids you from drawing a weapon, and offers to let you leave if you offer it one single weapon. Because you cannot draw the weapon, you must name which one you are willing to part with and it will take the weapon itself! Now you have a situation where telling the difference between two identical blades matters.
    One - Aotrs weapon alloys are not ferrous-based (in anything but occasional trace amounts).

Two - which part of Epic-level Lich have you been you missing?

Hell, I don't even have to do anything other than stand next to it for a couple of minutes, with the life-drain aura...

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Anyone who offers themself as a candidate for authority lacks the control to do it responsibly.
    I beg to disagree. You can't corrupt Insanity.

So, Lyra here volunteers. Isn't it right Lyra?

Go find yourself another scapegoat. This job ain't worth being jumped on by a goddess.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I was specifically looking for a self-representation. The dark types fit me better than fighting (viciousness rather than precision), I've always identified as canine/lupine, I have similar facial profile, and while I tend to hit hard and fast, I dont do so well getting hit. When deciding amongst the specifics, I found these

And considering I wanted a pokémon that represented my personality as well, it was a no-brainer.
    Well there's always Zoroark too. From BW. Illusion Fox pokemon.

Bonds between these Pokémon are very strong. It protects the safety of its pack by tricking its opponents.
    Each has the ability to fool a large group of people simultaneously. They protect their lair with illusory scenery.
    Could that also work?

My posts are getting shorter and further between every day... x_x

Here, have some pipecleaner ponies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #1107

The waking up early is just so you are used to waking up early. I phrased it poorly; really what you are doing is sleeping in on certain days.

Really, though, it's easier to look it up than have it explained by a guy who actively relinquishes control while sleeping.

Huh, cool. Never really knew any of that about dreaming. I always assumed it was your subconscious throws a scenario at you, and then you play it out. Kind of like a solo game of dnd.

But why dark?
    Spoiler
    Show
    when silver/gold first came out, after I got over my euphoria at having bought the game, I trained every dark type pokémon. I got a feel for how they handle, much like how after a while a MtG player can "feel" how a deck will play by scrolling through the cards.

Tyranitar, the kaiju beast. Sneasel the sneakthief. Murkrow the sad waste of my time, with a neat hat. Umbreon, sleek, impenetrable night, soaking damage and recovering it.

They all feel like the kinds of things I would do (except for Sneasel, who felt a little too malicious for my liking), and that trend continued on into Emerald, where I stopped playing. Shiftry, crawdaunt, sableye. All feel thematic and appropriate. Mightyena, who earned my respect, as I dismissed him for the standard weak early game pokemon fodder.

The dark types have earned my respect. Where there are cool pokemon in each type, Dark is one of those where it's rare that I dislike one, rather than rare I like a bunch of them.

Interesting, interesting, though I see a disturbing lack of Honchkrow there.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't remember when this bad boy was introduced, but it is the evolved form of Murkrow. Pretty solid attacks if I remember, though lacking in the speed, which you specifically requested there.

Now, to be on topic, Image Dump: Ponymon Edition!

Spoiler
    Show

Don't know what it is about this one, but it just makes me go daaaaaaaaw!

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Esper! you did it again! i combed through 10 pages of ponysanity JUST to find the end of Midnight Mare.

FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC
    although i do have one thing i would like to point out, to the spoilers, shall we?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last excerpt, and the epilogue, its not clear what happens. Is NNM just a voice inside Midnight's head? or did she become the little Navi type fairy?

I love your fics. your ideas, your characters, and even your mini roleplays. And once again you give me the drive to set up Ponen Lagann and get back to work on Ponyard's story.
    The Final Excerpt does explain your question:

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, Midnight feels Nightmare welling up inside her, trying to speak, and when Nightmare does, it's through her mouth, using her body. Nightmare is a 'voice inside Midnight's head', the shoulder pony idea is just a visual metaphor for that idea.

Thank you so much for your compliments, though, they mean a lot that everypony has liked this so much.

Now I have to goooo! *dashes off to internship interview*
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-09 at 06:24 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck!

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    One - Aotrs weapon alloys are not ferrous-based (in anything but occasional trace amounts).

Two - which part of Epic-level Lich have you been you missing?

Hell, I don't even have to do anything other than stand next to it for a couple of minutes, with the life-drain aura...
    Fine. Make it an Annihilator instead of a Rust Monster.