New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Inside]

((What two humans? Tirin, as mentioned, is a weird looking mix of all sorts of things, and Elena is a catperson.))

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

Inside

A bit later after mass murdering Zombies Andy appears where Raven and the mix creature and the cat thing are.

"Worst !
    day!
    in!
    my !
    life!"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"That tends to happen in apocalypses, yes."

Tirin scans his emotions.

4. - Top - End - #634

[Inside]

His level of annoyence is totaly in a critical area..

"Yeah tell that the zombie iece mountain over there."
    He points at the direction he came from.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

"No thanks. They don't usually listen very well."

6. - Top - End - #636
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Inside]

Raven becomes very alert when horrible things begin making horrible sounds, her outline beginning to blur as she readies herself to attack. Though the disgusting splat that follows allows her to lower her guard a bit.

Her sibling took care of the problem!

Yay.

"Hello, brother," she states simply as the chimera circles her. "I am glad to see that you are still alive. And-" she winces a bit, leaning off to one side. Feeling kind of... light headed... "Yes... Aid would be most welcome."

That silly Raven.

Always trying to sound all grown up and serious. Especially when things are looking grim.

Raven begins limping toward MagMart! Limp Raven limp.

[MagMart]

Sadei places her bow over her shoulder and obediently places her hands on her head. She looks... very uncomfortable when she gets near the Eye of Derleth. Seems to be sweating pretty heavily. In passing she'll give it as much distance as she's able.

That sure is suspicious behavior!

"You've been to places like this before, mister?" Sadei inquires of Allen.

The civilians will help carry in stuff! About a dozen of them. Men, women, children, and no doubt at least one shoggoth. Maybe more...

[MagCave]

Divaonar shakes his head. "I don't know anything about sowing. I'm less than a week old, cut me some slack here," the boy replies, sticking his tongue out at the MagClone. Seems he inherited some of his mother's weird sense of humor. "Umm... I do know how to identify every kind of lizard in the Nexus, though. Would that be helpful?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-30 at 04:52 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #637

MagMart
    A small part of Zero and the Robed Man sense the Shoggoth. The robed man instructs Zero on which if them are Shoggoth and Zero floats down and tries to wrap his tentacles around them, which would make them turn into a puddle of goo. This is because he can do such a thing and that he was made with a part of Cthulu. The people he grabs does not include Sadei.
    "Dang shoggoths." Dave said.
    ---
    Inside
    Elena tries to help Raven!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-08-30 at 05:00 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #638

[Inside]

Andy notic that raven is a bit in need of help and goes over to her. he tries to grap her and throw her over his left shoulder.

To the [insert person] (I don't know who spoke C'nor) he sais.

"Yeah that's right, but I doubt that they will wait there. They will clearly go and come here for fresh meat."

and then Andy will go to the MagMart, since it was obviously that raven wanted to go there.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

((That was Tirin; he's the only character I have here.))

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside]

Jakob is around here somewhere, relentlessly murdering anything he sees that looks like a far thing. Which includes Tumor Zombies, Starspawn, Shoggoths, and all the rest. He's avoiding the Great Old Ones, of course, but the others are fair game.

He's still covered in Elder Signs from head to toe, and his sword is EMBOSSED with many, many Eyes of Derleth.

11. - Top - End - #641

[Inside]

Might Jakob find some of the other survivors? Or is he just going to wander around aimlessly? Either will work, Rebo just needs to know which is going to happen.

[MagMart]

One shoggoth is 'detected'.

Sadie was about to say something else to Allen when a bit of a commotion starts up nearby.

That creepy tentacle thing that stinks of Cthulhu's power just floated down and wrapped its tentacles around some poor random woman walking along holding the hand of her son. She screams in stark terror as her flesh begins to bubble and dissolve into a flailing, snapping nest of black slime and sickly green light.

The woman-turned-shoggoth immediately lashes thick, ropy pseudopod around another man nearby and begins to messily devour him. Civilians scream and scatter from the explosively growing mass of protoplasm lest they be grabbed as well and added to its repulsive mass.

"That thing turned Phoebe into a shoggoth!" People with weapons begin to fire on the shoggoth. Others on Zero.

Sadei grits her teeth, eyes filled with rage and hate as she focuses all of her emotion on that thing that's obviously one of the Dead Dreamer's servants, disgusted with herself that she didn't recognize the danger sooner. "This heart of mine glows with an awesome power! The voices of the slain tell me to defeat you!"

She draws the bowstring on her winged weapon, the air filling with sibilant, otherworldly songs. "Take this! My love! My hate! And all of my sorrow! CELESTIAL ARROW!"

She looses the bow, a single arrow of bio-aetheric essence singing toward Zero. The shaft reverberates with the sacred geometry of the Elder Sign. Should Sadei's arrow strike true there's a strong possibility Zero will be bound helplessly in place. Or it might makes him explode. One of those things.

12. - Top - End - #642

MagMart
    The robed man moves quickly in front of the arrow, causing it to pierce through him.
    "I don't feel good."
    Zero quickly goes to him and holds him gently with his tentacles as shots are fired towards him. He deftly dodges them.
    "Robert! Stay with me buddy!"
    A face formed on him, an angry one.
    "SHE WAS A SHOGGOTH FROM THE BEGINNING!"
    The angry face disappears as he looks back down to Robert. He rested him gently next to Dave and just begins to cry.
    Elena arrives! She sees what's going on and she is PISSED. She grabs Dave's megaphone and turns it on its highest setting.
    "HE DID NOT TURN HER INTO A SHOGGOTH." she directed towards the survivors.
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside]

Jakob's on an intentional suicide mission to rescue as many survivors as possible and to destroy as many of these invaders as he can before he inevitably dies. That is, to teleport survivors toward the Magcave and kill far things.

He's actively looking for people, though it's entirely possible that he just ignominiously walks into Cthulhu and dies.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Tirin is leaping toward Sadei, having come with the others.

His tail is lashing angrily, and he's growling.

If he hits, he'll try to pin her.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [TheSky]

The weird mummified arms prove to be far more resilient than one might expect them to be. And giant tentacles made out of innumerable mummy-arms are really weird. But really weird seems kind of par for course at this point.

And it turns out there aren't any souls involved with whatever this undead flesh is. It doesn't even seem to be made of matter in the proper sense. There's no way that something like this should be able to exist as a physical thing and yet here it is, winding around the airship and seeking to corrupt it into more of this alien undead flesh.

The cannon-balls seem to be doing something. But in all honesty it's like trying to drain the ocean with a bucket.

[The Sky!]

The ship is slowly becoming alien flesh! Perhaps not as quickly as the mummied hands would like, being all weird and AI and certainly not any material I'm familiar with. But it is slowly failing.

Taking note of the slight effectiveness of the counter attacks, The Admiral chops the nearest hand to his face to get it out of his way.
    "Fire the Harpoon Cannon! Reel us in. Continue defensive fire and fall back."

The defensive weapons back up towards the center of the ship, now firing at various places where the hands get in or corrupt the hull.

A giant harpoon fires at the tentacle at massive speeds, intending to imbed itself in the tentacle and reel the ship... towards it. All engines fire for this purpose as well.

Because ramming something is so effective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #646

MagMart - Interior

"Sir! Cherry Kool Aid Man has assaulted an unarmed shopper! I repeat, Kool Aid has assaulted a shopper, she is now a shoggoth!"

Gods, just when he thought things were going to be alright and the freaky maniacs dressed up like a cult weren't actually as bad as they looked, this had to happen. Well, first things first, he'd need to cancel the order to open up the front door before the staff finishes taking down all the locks and barricades. He can't let the good civilians in without running the risk of letting the crazies inside too, and while he does have the inside of the store set up to take down anyone who breaks through, he'd rather avoid letting anyone get that close, if at all possible. After that, he'll have to choose a side in this mess, direct the hidden snipers, and get ready for a mess of epic proportions.

"Bagger 7, keep that door closed, we're not reopening just yet! Sales clerks, fire on the shoggoth and use the incendiary ammo. Make each shot count, don't let a single non-shoggoth get caught in the crossfire until I'm good and ready to start assigning other targets!"

Magtok activates a short-range telewarp, and-

MagMart - Exterior

-reappears on the roof, still clutching a radio in one hand, and his trusty shotgun in the other. He narrows his eyes at the scene down below, watching as his trusty Magbot sales clerk snipers open fire on the shoggoth. For now, he pretends to believe tentacles-guy and his preposterous 'she was totally a shoggoth all along' claim. As much as he'd love to have his troopers murder the face off of that freak, the man has a humongous army. Opening fire on the Umbrella army would be tantamount to suicide.

"Hello MagCave, this is the MagMart manager. We have a situation in the parking lot, involving a large cult of a Lovecraftian nature. Requesting A-Class reinforcements immediately. Large bounty of ammunition and food you can bring back to the Cave if they're stopped, so please don't let us die out here."

...For now, anyways.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-30 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #647

MagMart
    The robed man tries to connect minds with Magtok, all of the Magtok cyborg things nearby, and all of the people going crazy.
    The tentacled man with me is not evil. That woman was a Shoggoth and he brought his tentacle to her to make her shed her disguise. None of these people are cultists, they were just bringing survivors here so they would be safe while also dropping off all of the medical and ammunition supplies that they had. My friend was truthfully made with a part of Cthulu himself, but he is of a gentle nature. We shall go though, to appease all of you.
    And the man cast a teleportation spell and he and Zero vanished off of the prime material plane.
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #648

((C'nor, if you want me to be able to tell what you characters are, you need to start describing them more than just once or twice. A good rule of thumb to remember is that if you don't specify it, it doesn't happen or it doesn't exist.))

MagFirmary

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    MagFirmary

Saurous nods at Moon, a gentle smile spreading across his face. "Just give me a little while to gather my notes and materials, and we can start whenever you're ready."

He then shifts his attention to Magtok. "Sorry for the false alarm, Magtok. If you're still in an excited, helping mood, the operation would benefit greatly from a set of braces, anesthesia and the like. It's...somewhat unpleasant otherwise."
    MagFirmary
    The cyborg shrugs. "Sure, whatever. S'not like there's anything else to do with all of the junk anyways. I'll be ready whenever you are."

Magtok gestures for the Magbots to turn the gurney around and file out of the room.

"Figures though, right? First person to get injured in this apoca-mess is an elf."

And with that last racist parting remark, Maggy leaves.

"Of course it was." Moon Called retorts to Magtok's retreating back, not wanting to let him have the last word despite herself.. "You round-ear types are all too busy standing terrified to go out and get your manicures chipped."

Once they're alone, Moon Called shifts her head to look at Saurous. She looks up at him for a few long moments, before nodding almost imperceptibly. "Well." She says. "I guess I get to stare at the ceiling for another exciting few minutes while you go get ready?"

[hr]

Magmart Parking Lot

"Oh yeah, lotsa 'em. None of 'em were this fancy-shmancy, but th' gen'ral idea were the same." Chuckling to himself, Allen starts to step inside the building...
    ...and is met with a locked door.
    Must have something to do with the general commotion behind him.

Allen's been ignoring it to this point, so it's a good thing he turns to take a look at it when he did. The cowboy is just in time to see a snarling humanoid creature hurling itself at the little drow girl.
    This was going to be a fun five minutes.
    As Tirin arcs through the air, Allen has shifted the girl he is carrying to his left arm, freeing up his right hand. As he turns, he reaches into his waist holster and pulls out his revolver. It clicks harshly as he cocks it, the ancient firing mechanism reading. He takes only a moment to aim, and the moment is all he needs. The revolver's muzzle flashes with an explosion of flame and gunpowder as Allen fires off a shot, aimed directly at Tirin's head.

[hr]

Inside

As the humanoids try to get close to Raven, the chimera blocks their way. He rises up on his hind legs, towering a full twelve feet with his antlers included, and hisses at them with a mouth containing more rows of teeth than a ferret's mouth should, his wings fully extended.
    His mother may have told him to protect the silly mortals, but that doesn't mean he couldn't keep them from meddling with his sister.

Once the silly mortals have been shooed off, the chimera hurries to catch up with Raven, running in front of her to create a barrier with his body to try and stop her from limping any further. "Raven," he says, peering up at her. "I can't help you unless you sit down. Please."
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-30 at 10:36 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

19. - Top - End - #649

((A suggestion Mindfreak. You're posting two or three times for every one post by everyone else. You need to slow down and let other people react.))

[Inside]

The mortals all run off toward MagMart, easily out-pacing the injured Raven. She flailed at Andy until he put her down. Seems she wasn't too keen on being packed around. She may be injured, but she still has her dignity! When her sibling blocks her path she sighs and sits down on a concrete block. "Very well. I am not much use to anyone in this state anyway."

She idly kicks at a rock as if the crumbly little stone had said something offensive about her parents.

"This all feels so hopeless... We're fighting to protect the mortals. Dying for them, even. But in the end I'm not sure if any of them will even survive. I am honestly not sure what Mother sees in them..."

Hmm...

Maybe that's why she's so gloomy all the time?

MEANWHILE!

So Jakob wants to murder some stuff? That can be arranged. Over the course of killing a whole bunch of Tumor Zombies he eventually manages to get the attention of something much worse and much larger. The ground shakes as the abomination draws near, the air filling with the sickly scent of decay long before the monster is seen.

And when it its see...

The body is nothing more than a mass of festering tumors bunched together haphazardly, boils hanging off its underside like clusters of putrid grapes. Dozens of arms with far too many joints supports the creature as it skitters along with unnatural speed for its size.

...it's about thirty feet tall. And twice that in length.

Jakob might need a bigger weapon...

[The Sky!]

Ramming speed!

Even as the airship is being torn apart into chunks of mummified flesh it hurtles forward toward the tentacle! This... Might do something useful? Stay tuned to find out!

[MagMart Parking Lot]

The shoggoth is eventually burned to death, though not before partly absorbing that poor bastard it had grabbed. In the end there's a grizzly, smoking heap of burned remains that looks vaguely human and frighteningly not. Several survivors burn the thing more. Just to be sure. If it's a heap of ash there's little chance that it'll come back to life.

A child weeps for his mommy, unable to understand what's going on as a stranger holds him away from the possibly still biologically active burnt... thing...

Sadei is still angry. And she quite frankly doesn't believe a word of the telepathic speech that just got projected at her, either. You can't just make people out of part of an Old One! That... That isn't how things work. Right? This must be some sort of trap.

Some sort of trick.

And she isn't going to let anyone else die because she was foolish and listened to the lies of some cultist. Rawr.

The ninja's comment manages to make no sense to her at all, too. "What are you babbling abou-?" and then she gets tackled by a wolf/goblin/snake/human/thing!

Tirin will suddenly find himself on top of a stark white half fox half owl half antelope half gecko who happens to be a rather upset ball of teeth and claws at the moment! The chimera will aim to get her feet under the guy who just jumped her and kick him off.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-30 at 09:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #650

[Inside]

To be true Andy won't let her down, he would have thrown her over his left side. It's the cyborg side so no really pain even if she hits him as far as she can. I just assume he let's her down while the chimär.

To discribe him a bti for better knowlede: Andy is a human man of a size near 1,9 meter. He has short dark brown hairs and his eyes have currently two colors the right one is brown while the left one (a cyber eye) has no color. His left side frome the eye don to his shoulder was blewn up in an accident, including his arm. These parts where replaced by a cyborg arm, eye and shoulder. He normaly wears a lab coat even on a wedding or such and jeans. The last thing is a ring on his left hand that identifies him as a Green Lantern.

"I can't tell you what she saw in us. Maybe it's just the mass of Emotion we are able to show or we are just some nice entertainment for her. Also she could see something that will happen in the futur or has happened, I don't know."

He shakes his head, after all he knows to less people in the nexus to make clear what she may have seen.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

((Tirin is the empathic Barghest/Lion/Snake/Human))

[MagMart - Parking Lot]

Tirin, on seeing Allen draw a weapon, tries to cover his head, having trained for this sort of thing at home*.

It's partly successful. He does keep from getting hit in the head. However, his shoulder isn't so lucky, though fortunately it did miss the artery. Not only that, but the movement and injury throw off his aim enough that he simply slams into the ground

*Tirin, as previously stated in another thread, was a member of the Barghic military before he got sucked into the Nexus.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Inside - Jakob]

Great, the dreaded Tumor Beast! Some foul construct of Black Mana, that it might hold even nastier tricks to assault him with.

He'll make the first move, firing a bolt of Blue Mana at the creature. Reasserting the laws of physics, chemistry, and biology will probably hurt the thing at least a bit, right?
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-08-31 at 06:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Sky!]

Ramming speed!

Even as the airship is being torn apart into chunks of mummified flesh it hurtles forward toward the tentacle! This... Might do something useful? Stay tuned to find out!
    Maybe!

The front of the ship erupts into a flurry of spinning weapons. Chainsaws, bone saws, those saws in pits that kill the prince of persia and other characters, even see-saws.

Ok, so not the last one, but you get the idea. Yeah, some of the saws are falling apart, due to the fact the ship is falling apart, but the entire thing has become a tentacle ramming DRILL. With spinning blades.

At least, that's what it's hoping to do. Drill a hole right through the tentacle. Doesn't even expect to get all the way through. But hopefully enough to get mostly in there.

The Admiral ducks below deck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Inside]

Rahona peeks closer to Raven and the rest, pretty sure they aren't Shoggoths, and speaks up. Which may or may not make someone jump in surprise considering how stealthy someone with brightly coloured feathers can be.

"Mortals? Why ya talkin' about them as if ya not one?"

If they follow her voice, they will notice a girl, looking human from the shoulders down, with wing-arms, taloned feet and feathers covering her body. Which is usually a good thing, as she doesn't seem to have a shirt.

"N if ya sumthing else, then dun give up so quick."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #655

Beckett's Clinic
    ((repost for Keveak))

As Iriel leaves for her shower, Beckett goes to find the kobold and his pet. He's walking quickly, with a tense and purposeful stride. Once he finds the pair, even with the language barrier they can see how stressed and worried he is. And how poor a job he's doing to hide it.
    As he approaches the kobold, he clears his throat to get his attention, before squatting down to eye level.
    "<Things bad. Much much bad.>" He says, in broken Undercommon. "<We go to safe home. Be okay. But not safe walk. Must go fast. We go soon.>" He pulls his pistol out from its holster, holding it with his fingers away from the triggers and the barrel pointing to the ground. "<You know how use?>"

[hr]

MagMart Parking Lot

Allen grunts, setting the woman he's been carying down against the wall. Her head flops onto her shoulder as she sits propped against the building, dead eyes staring out at nothing.
    The cowboy steps forward, putting himself between Sadie and Tirin. He ejects the spent shell from his revolver, letting it fall to the ground. There is a loud click as he loads the next shot into the chamber, and Allen lowers the revolver so it's pointing at Tirin's torso. If he gets up or tries anything stupid, he'll pull the trigger and put Tirin out of his misery. "Alright!" He yells, raising his voice to be heard above the chaos. "Does anybody want ta explain ta me just why the hell I'm stuck out here when I could be inside gettin' myself somewheres safe?"

[hr]

Inside

The chimera crawls up next to his sister, sitting up to prop his ferret head on her knee. He ignores the pesky mortals as they attempt to meddle in his job. He liked some of them, sure, but they could just be so silly sometimes. There were times where the chimera wished they would be quiet and listen so things would go smoother.

"I dunno, Raven." He says, propping his rodent-pawed lizard legs up on her lap. "Some of them are really nice. And they make great music. All the songs I learned from Dad were made by mortals. Some of them make really beautiful things, and I think that's worth protecting. I think that's what mother wanted to protect."

He half-stands, supporting himself with his paws on Raven's knees. Leaning forward, he gives her forehead a gentle lick with a pink tongue, pushing a lock of white hair out from her face. Closing his eyes, he lowers his head and touches Raven's forehead with his own. Spreading his wings open, he extends them slowly and wraps them around her, creating a feathered barrier between her and the world.
    And he begins to sing. His voice is similar to Raril's, but slightly higher pitched and not as well trained. Some of the notes are rough, especially the high ones, but his voice is still beautiful.

"My child arrived just the other day
    He came to the world in the usual way
    But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
    He learned to walk while I was away
    And he was talkin' 'fore I knew, and as he grew
    He'd say "I'm gonna be like you dad
    You know I'm gonna be like you

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    Little boy blue and the man on the moon
    When you comin' home dad?
    I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
    You know we'll have a good time then."

The effects are slow at first. Raven will feel a tingling sensation grip her skin, warm and pleasant and soft. It eases her pain, starting with the lighter wounds and finally the worst. As the worst of Raven's pain dulls and fades away, her brother's voice falters slightly, as if he'd just been kicked, but he doesn't stop.

"My son turned ten just the other day
    He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
    Can you teach me to throw", I said "Not today
    I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"
    And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
    And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
    You know I'm gonna be like him"

When you comin' home son?

Now the healing proper begins. As the chimera sings, Raven's wounds begin to heal, starting with the lightest. Bruises mend and fade, her skin returning to its proper colour. Scraped skin mends over, with no sign of any damage. The blood escaping from her cuts slows, and begins to coagulate.

"Well, he came home from college just the other day
    So much like a man I just had to say
    "Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
    He shook his head and said with a smile
    "What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
    See you later, can I have them please?"

The minor cuts heal first. The blood scabs and her skin knits over the scabs. There is a white mark where the skin came together for a moment, before it fades away and leaves strong skin. Then the larger cuts heal, leaving nothing but dried blood as a sign that they were even there. Raven's brother sags for a moment, but forces himself to stand and keeps singing. The two mortals watching may notice that the male chimera's fur is growing darker in several places, matting together with blood.

"I've long since retired, my son's moved away
    I called him up just the other day
    I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
    He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the time
    You see my new job's a hassle and kids have the flu
    But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad
    It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
    He'd grown up just like me
    My boy was just like me."

As the worst cuts heal, the chimera's voice becomes more ragged and it's clear that it is a struggle for him to keep singing. He sags against Raven but refuses to collapse on her or rely on her for support, standing proudly. Only one more verse, he tells himself. Just gotta do the chorus one more time.

"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    You know we'll have a good ti..."

Finally, any internal injuries Raven has suffered are sealed. She is completely healed, as healthy as she had been when X'rax Nagath created her.
    By now, the chimera's fur is completely matted in blood. His left wing is broken and the right is supported only through sheer will. As he gets to the end of the song, the chimera's voice falters and breaks. Before he can get to the end of the song he collapses, falling to the ground with a thud.

Battered and broken, the ferret-headed chimera lays on the ground. He looks up at Raven weakly, and forces a pained smile. "I'm sorry, Raven." He says, his voice soft and hard to make out. "Guess... Guess I'm not as strong as you."
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-08-31 at 05:31 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart Parking Lot]

Tirin glares angrily at Allen.

"She shot a friend of mine. Why are you protecting her?"

27. - Top - End - #657

[Inside]

"I do not know much of the beautiful things Mother loved. I learned from her how to fight. How to kill. How to protect. Little more. Even if I do not understand why I must still guard the things she loved."

Raven gives a small gasp as she feels the song begin to take its effect, as the pain begins to fade. Teeth clenched, eyes screwed shut, she runs her fingers through her brother's fur as he sings. With each verse her injury lessens. And with each verse she can feel more sticky blood on her hands.

They can all do this to some degree or another. To give of themselves to mend another. Some are more skilled than others but... The price is always there.

She can feel her brother's life waning. His strength failing. She can hear his voice falter and his heart slow. And through it all she is left to wonder...

Why her? Of all the siblings. Of all the mortals. Why waste a life on saving something as dark and cold and herself?

Raven leans down to kiss her brother on the head, what strength he had left now her's to continue to fight. To continue to protect. "Mother made all of us strong. You most of all, brother. We will all be with her again soon."

Once more she sits upright, giving her sibling a squeeze. "Thank you. For the song."

Then her eyes turn up to the bird lady. "I am Raven Ezekiel Bath-Raril, child of K'rax-Naggath, Warden of the Veil. And it the duty of myself and my siblings to see you to safety."

[Parking Lot]

"And your 'friend' is a servant of Cthulhu. The monster stinks of his power," the snowy white chimera hisses back, none too moved by the 'ohai guys, he's nice!' speech that she received. The very notion that a far-spawn of Cthulhu could be anything other than evil is nonsense to her.

Sadei rises back to her feet, wings flared wide and muscles tensed to fight if need be. Tiny white fragments cascade from her form, looking for all the world as if she has snow falling around her.

[The Sky!]

Raaaaaaamin' speeeeed!

The airship rips into the huge tendril, grinding through hundreds of feet of mummified flesh! But in here that warping aura of undeath is even more powerful. The airship isn't going to last much longer!

28. - Top - End - #658

MagMart
    Dave the Ninja walked over.
    "Look. That girl shot at Zero, an experiment made with different types of DNA with one of them happening to be from Cthulu. Umbrella made Zero. Robert was one of the DNAs used to make Zero, he's a rather powerful mage. Zero and Robert are the only reasons why Umbrella has survives for this long. Robert deals specifically with Starspawn and he sensed that one of the civilians we brought was a Shoggoth in disguise. Zero then made her shed her disguise. Then civilians went crazy and that little girl shot at Zero and Robert moved and blocked the shot. He then teleported him and Zero away, probably to a Demi-plane."
    That summed it up well!
    "It's all true. Robert was able to split off of Zero." Elena said, confirming Dave's story.
    "And I would appreciate it if you would move that gun away from my husband's chest."
    The soldiers try to calm down the civilians, telling them that they did good.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Sky!]

It doesn't need to. Once it's firmly embedded in the tendril, the Admiral gives the final orders.

"Self destruct. 0 second countdown. Confirm."

KA-BOOM!

The Airship asplodes in a mixture of fire and acid and metal and flesh and asplosions.

The majority of it is actually acid though. The ship wasn't here to fight. It was here to deliver a payload.

Shame though. The Admiral liked that ship. It was just too conspicuous to keep around in the End of Days. With any luck though, it did some good.

And unless wacky eldritch hijinks occur, some wacky phylactery hijinks will occur.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parking Lot]

Tirin looks at Sadei curiously.

"You wouldn't happen to know someone named Raven, would you?"