New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Reading it made me realise how we complicated Midnight's family tree again.

NMM is now... a sister? Oh gods, I can't even trace her lineage anymore.
    It goes as follows.

Step 1: Twilight met Trixie.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    He doesn't get to be in the continuity. Only adorable stuffed bees do. Twilight sleeps with him every night and when she's alone, she has tea parties with him. She used to invite Spike, but she doesn't anymore now that she's "too old" for it.

NOPONY MUST KNOW OF THE TEA PARTIES.
    This is too adorable. I'm fairly certain a picture of this would kill us all...particularly if they used filly Twilight.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    This is too adorable. I'm fairly certain a picture of this would kill us all...particularly if they used filly Twilight.
    Ack! Forgot to thank you by name after you helped me yesterday! Bad Bobcat! Naughty Bobcat!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-13 at 01:00 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Ack! Forgot to thank you by name! Bad Bobcat! Naughty Bobcat!
    S'alright. It just means my ninja powers are growing. Soon I'll RULE THE WORLD! I mean...uh...yeah, nothing to see here...

@V: I love the little rear/kick she does to punctuate that. So cute!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-13 at 01:05 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDGXB...&feature=feedu Huh. I guess Sweetie Belle is braver than I thought.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Everyone. Absolutely everyone. He also has pictures. They are very interesting pictures. Especially the Braz/Shimmer/Lix pictures. Really, I'm amazed you're not in the loop about Brazbondage at this point.

I am a lying liar who lies. You're welcome, SiuiS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I can only hope she doesn't think I added in the white text to save my own skin.

Enjoy being sent up river, Raz! And tell me how you like the underside of that bus
    Braz: that white text was not in my original post, and SiuiS is trying to use me as a scapegoat! Pierce through his lies! Look in the "Totally-Not-Brazbondage" folder on his phone!

Would I lie to you about this? Really, me? The person who thinks that the Cheshire Cat is an awesome role model? I'm completely trustworthy!

I AM GOING TO DIE AT HER HANDS. THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT BUT ASHES AND BLOODSTAINS.

SHE WILL KILL ME IN MY SLEEP I KNOW THIS IT HAS BEEN FORSEEN BY THE CASTING OF THE RUNES
    LATER THAT NIGHT
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a near-full moon the night that Raz_Fox lost his sanity.

He lay in bed, covers pulled up to his chin, window shut and locked. Door shut and locked. Eyes... Wide open.

She's coming for me, he thought as his eyes once again made a round about the room, checking for anything out of place. I know it...

The wind suddenly howled, knocking branches against this locked window, drawing his attention for a brief second and shocking his heart.

Breathing became hard. He was afraid to look away from the moonlight, afraid of what the room held now that he'd left it unguarded.

"Oh Razzy~"

Raz's eyes grew big. Had he really just heard a voice? He had to tear his eyes away from the window, the moonlight.

"SiuiS had said getting into your room would be easy, but even I didn't except it to be this easy."

He turned to see her standing by the bed. A dark shadow of a pony, only her grin could be seen. Her mouth moved as she wet her lips. "I've been waiting for you to go to bed, old friend," she purred.

A hoof on the bed next to him, a murderous gleam in her eyes. "Don't mind me, though, Razzy. I'll only be here all night."

EDIT:
    What? What!? I scare someone and the thread dies? Awesome >>
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-13 at 02:18 AM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Semper Fidelis is now complete and is on Deviant Art and Fanfiction.net. I'll post a link here when it's on Equestria Daily.

Oh what the hay. Fanfiction.net links for all! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7281799/1/Semper_Fidelis

If people want links on deviant art for some reason (I posted it there as a series of PDFs) they'll be there in the Equestria Daily link.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-13 at 02:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

*reads through the thread*

*sigh* Drama, cannibal ponies, grimdark, poor taste, and over 10 pages per day.

This is why I left in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Hey, whadya know - a version of Winter Wrap-Up that I can listen to without it being stuck in my head to insomnia-inducing levels. Yay!

I mean, yay!

Zevox
    How about this?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Midnight Nightmare: Google Docs Rough Version

So the picture thing didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped, seeing as I went a meg over the Google Docs limit. So, I ended up using one picture (Kairaven's) as the placer, but I still have the 'better' version with all the pretty space pictures.

I've rewritten some of the excerpts to make them cleaner and more in line with not just the tone of the rest of the story, but with Midnight in general. Her stories are about...friendship, and love, and family. Happy endings, and being grounded. It's not some magical battle that saves the day here, it's kindness and understanding, and forgiveness. It's not until Midnight remembers herself, does she begin to gain the upper hand in the situation.

I hope that comes across in the writing well.

Now, I'm going to bed. Comments are most welcome, seeing as this is a 'rough draft'.
    Damn it Esper. You make me sound like such a creep with the amount of praise i want to pour on you. is it possible that you can write something that i DON'T love?
    Gold star dude. 6 of them.

Reading it made me realise how we complicated Midnight's family tree again.

NMM is now... a sister? Oh gods, I can't even trace her lineage anymore.
    I would say shes more of that little voice in the back of your head that makes you do stupid things.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

I think I kinda missed that part.
    And I think I'm glad for it too.

11. - Top - End - #701

Then, why come back? O.o you seem to be repeating the reasons Soft Serve left yesterday, so I wonder: what're you doing here now?
    I love my filly~

12. - Top - End - #702
    Banned

Semper Fidelis is now complete and is on Deviant Art and Fanfiction.net. I'll post a link here when it's on Equestria Daily.

Oh what the hay. Fanfiction.net links for all! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7281799/1/Semper_Fidelis

If people want links on deviant art for some reason (I posted it there as a series of PDFs) they'll be there in the Equestria Daily link.
    WooHoo! You edited while my comment was down for database stuff.

Past-Blasters set to 6... FIRE!

They're
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Barely even mammals!
    Savages
    Savages
    Rotten to the core!
    One screamed at Fluttershy
    Which means they must be evil
    We must sound the drums of waaaar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    This is what we feared.
    The smooth-foot is a demon.
    The only thing
    they feel at all
    is Love.

Underneath that painted hide
    there's weakness deep inside.
    Wonder if they even fly?

They're
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Barely even avian!
    Savages!
    Savages!
    Softened to the core!
    They're not as tough as us
    Which means they must be dweebish.
    We must sound the drums of waaaar!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-13 at 03:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Then, why come back? O.o you seem to be repeating the reasons Soft Serve left yesterday, so I wonder: what're you doing here now?
    Because I thought that I might have been over-exaggerating it in my memory, and that even if I wasn't things might have changed by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704

Because I thought that I might have been over-exaggerating it in my memory, and that even if I wasn't things might have changed by now.
    Hmm. That must be terrible: The threads been kinda cool to me the last few months. Sorry you feel that way.
    I love my filly~

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ettin in the Playground

It's 5 am, and I have just finished recording a podcast, because I am stupid and have terrible timing. It's being edited now, I'll link it when it goes up if you feel like listening to me talk for an hour and a half.

I'm mentioning this now because I did something I don't really understand: I pawned Shimmer off on you guys. Not by name or maliciously, but she came up in conversation, and I refused to claim her as my own, but rather something pitched to me. And I feel horrible about it. So please accept this apology in advance.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Banned

Which drama? There has been very little, save for a touch here and there. All in all things seem to have been handled very well.

It's also kind of interesting to me that a single comic in a spoiler box is enough to turn you off of the thread. Granted, I know that's not all of it, but I find t strange that even a hint of things you dislike in the fandom (and this is the general you, not you you, Hawk Flight), is cause for alarm.

Some ponies like more mature themes, including grimdark, horror humor, in-depth relationships, and what has been termed "sauce". I don't see why tolerating such things in moderation here in the thread- which is currently about all things My Little Pony, with Friendship is Magic emphasis- is an issue.

Now, it may be my blinders acting up. I've certainly been on the "Wrong and bad and wrong" side of more than a few of those categories. But I am honestly stumped that anything less than 95% canon is unacceptable to some folks.

The ten pages a day I will admit is crazy.

Stumped, stumped... That reminds me. Hey, tonberrian! Mine weren't just random nonsense, so much as me repeain what you said, as I understood it. To illustrate why I had trouble with it.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-13 at 04:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #707

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It's 5 am, and I have just finished recording a podcast, because I am stupid and have terrible timing. It's being edited now, I'll link it when it goes up if you feel like listening to me talk for an hour and a half.

I'm mentioning this now because I did something I don't really understand: I pawned Shimmer off on you guys. Not by name or maliciously, but she came up in conversation, and I refused to claim her as my own, but rather something pitched to me. And I feel horrible about it. So please accept this apology in advance.
    I am afraid I don't understand: what's wrong?
    If you said that Shimmer is a by-product of the pony thread then you're right, I think.
    I know Brazen wouldn't exist without this place. It's not a bad thing.
    I love my filly~

18. - Top - End - #708

I don't know. I guess the Grimdark doesn't bother me near as much as it bothers everyone else. Maybe its my personal life experiences have given me a shield against it, or its possibly all the really bad horror/slasher movies ive seen allow me to laugh at the Darkness.

When you do what i do, you don't survive long if you let the negative stuff get to you....

Very little of what has gone on here made me cringe if anything at all. The only issue i have with the thread is i never quite know what going on. While some people dislike the Roleplays i feel like its the only area i can jump into with out worry cause everypony here is CRAZY~! My antics fit right in, or are simply ignored.

This thread and this fandom is the most interesting thing ive seen in a long time. While other fandoms argue over favorites and what should have happened here or there, we discuss, throw around some magic spells, fire a few lasers and post some fan art then move on.

Hell if it wasn't for this thread i would have given up writing, my passion for years. I thought because my writing is so dark and...well grim that i could never go anywhere with it. Well after reading Esper's fics i tried my hand at something happier. and thus the Trio of Ponyard, Nightscream and Skyrocket were born, whos antics make me smile.

Im hardly involved in this thread at all. I lurk most of the time, reading almost every post made. And more then half the time i post, i never get replies or quoted. But it doesnt bother me, cause the energy here makes me happy. Even if i dont always know whats going on, i could always attempt to change the topic if I REALLY wanted too. The people here are understanding and kind enough to admit mistakes and apologize for wrong doings, and we move on.

However im still worried about Trixie. HAs anyone heard from her since this temp thread was started?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, anypony heard from her?

It's getting to be a little worrying.

Anyhow, just cleaned up my DA account. (finally). And added TheAmishPirate and the_druid_droid to my watch list. Will be reading those shorties of yours later.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Banned

biggrin Re: My Little Pony XX

Well, ok. But if I'm gonna hear you, I should start at the beginning.

Can anypony dig up the first Podcast with a Phoe in it?

If you said that Shimmer is a by-product of the pony thread then you're right, I think.
    Not by-product, but blame. She is saying, I believe, that someone called her on Shimmer as if Shimmer were a bad thing, and she 'passed the pony' as it were.

Still, I'd like to hear it afore I take her word for it. Our Phoe tends to get guilt-ridden at the most innocuous things sometimes...

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know, I don't really understand it. I'm super confused about my own word choice, and my feelings now that I'm thinking about it. What happened was that we got on a question about potentially voicing a minor character for Season 2. Starting with the subject of me having no idea what kind of pony I could voice, it got floated out that I would be Fluttershy's friend. Which for some really strange reason made me say, "Oh yeah. You know, in some ponies' fantasies [cue laughter about exceedingly awkward word choice] -- er, in story ideas and whatnot that have been pitched to me, I've been a shy little author sneaking stories in the mail slot of Twilight's library."

Technically true, but... the way I said it feels cowardly. I don't know. It's bothering me. I don't want it to come up and to have everypony thinking I'm using them as a shield.

Well, ok. But if I'm gonna hear you, I should start at the beginning.

Can anypony dig up the first Podcast with a Phoe in it?
    Ask and ye shall receive. Mic quality on 'cast #1 is horrible. I got a better one for this one. But I think I managed to sound a lot dumber. Too much enthusiasm and rambling, and ok I'm probably just nervous because these things always have me walking on pins and needles. Also, why am I awake?
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-13 at 04:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #712

I don't know, I don't really understand it. I'm super confused about my own word choice, and my feelings now that I'm thinking about it. What happened was that we got on a question about potentially voicing a minor character for Season 2. Starting with the subject of me having no idea what kind of pony I could voice, it got floated out that I would be Fluttershy's friend. Which for some really strange reason made me say, "Oh yeah. You know, in some ponies' fantasies [cue laughter about exceedingly awkward word choice] -- er, in story ideas and whatnot that have been pitched to me, I've been a shy little author sneaking stories in the mail slot of Twilight's library."

Technically true, but... the way I said it feels cowardly. I don't know. It's bothering me. I don't want it to come up and to have everypony thinking I'm using them as a shield.
    Sounds to me like a completely forgivable offense: that is, NOT even something to worry about ^^
    You are strange pony, Phoe. Not in a bad way either~
    I love my filly~

23. - Top - End - #713
    Banned

Ask and ye shall receive. Mic quality on 'cast #1 is horrible. I got a better one for this one. But I think I managed to sound a lot dumber. Too much enthusiasm and rambling, and ok I'm probably just nervous because these things always have me walking on pins and needles. Also, why am I awake?
    why are you awake, you silly filly? Also, look! A sneak-edit.

I both don't think it's a problem from an outside perspective (I.E. Ours), and I know how much that can tear you up inside from an inside perspective- I'm still hunting people down and appologizing about stuff that I've held on to.

So for what it's worth, I forgive you, and know you meant no malice.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-13 at 04:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

Not sure how is it even an offense. It doesn't bother me the least. (I think I spent too much time in troll threads tbh. )

Anyhow, yay! More Phoecast.

EDIT: Also! Adorable NMM!

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-13 at 04:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #715

Yeah, anypony heard from her?

It's getting to be a little worrying.

Anyhow, just cleaned up my DA account. (finally). And added TheAmishPirate and the_druid_droid to my watch list. Will be reading those shorties of yours later.
    I just tried to PM her but her inbox is full. Anyone else know how to contact her?
    Maybe we are over reacting a little, but i remember her not being to happy when people didnt read the OP she put so much work into. And there was that thing with a surgery, i remember hearing about a complication with that...
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    I just tried to PM her but her inbox is full. Anyone else know how to contact her?
    Maybe we are over reacting a little, but i remember her not being to happy when people didnt read the OP she put so much work into. And there was that thing with a surgery, i remember hearing about a complication with that...
    According to Steam she's online, so if you wanted to contact her through that you might be able to.

However, I suggest we wait.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Bronies have become so (im)famous recently that even the WSJ cannot avoid giving them a brief mention.
    First, the WSJ, then, THE WORLD!

It's okay, no harm done.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-08-13 at 05:13 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Your wish is my command, ponythread.

imgur
    I'm very disappointed that you give in to group pressure so easily.

While normally that's true, I can guarantee this would have been a problem anyway. But this way, I can be your convenient scapegoat on which to blame! I'm such a nice friend
    Scapegoat is best goat.

Maybe. I can possibly trace a link between ponythread and moustache growing. I've kept a 'beard log' since January 3rd. Though most of it is blank or "date: day #XXX: OH GODS THE INGROWN HAIRS POR QUE?!?!"

So the question becomes... Were we glorifying moustaches back in January?
    You gotta ask some of the old ones. I wasn't in the thread until April.

Wow, that's a lot of taxes.
    Hm. I wonder how international airports work as companies, and how they interact with different tax laws.
    Shouldn't be a big problem; the airport are normal national companies. They make their money off renting the shops and fees for processing the incoming airplanes. (Afaik.)

Because you make the most adorable faces when you rage at the world.
    then I shouldn't have deleted my rant about the 10 post limit. I lost the first 5 I marked and forgot which ones they were. And also forgot why I marked some the ones I could quote.

Reminds me of... Well, almost any southern or western state. I'd pick on for the name drop, but then I'd be leaving the others out.

Except for cloaks. Cloaks are strange, mysterious devices with the magical property of changing your name to Batman or Harry potter. Which always made me wonder; why would calling me batman be an insult?
    I totally would like to be called batman.

It's an older photo. Scotty there is my eldest, and this is from when he was small enough to fit on my shoulder without OH GOD THE CLAWS.

That's the trouble. I have yet to find a haberdasher or a good tailor. So the hat is right out, and the accompanying modified duster would either be a tacky costume piece, or they won't deviate from the patterns where required. So I don't have the proper garb to take pictures.
    And according to a quick Internet conversion thing, my moustache is only at about 12.5 cm. Which I guess is still impressive.
    That sounds more like the SiuiS I imagined.

I have the reverse problem. I'm 25, and shaving gets me thrown out of R-rated movies if I don't have my ID. Or asked if I'm out after curfew.
    Nobody thought I was under 18 since I was 15. If I had been interested in going out and making pub crawls that would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Of course they have. They may not have any bright alpha particles of shipping radiation, but the constant background shipping emitted by a Great Shipperstar like myself ships EVERYTHING with EVERYTHING. (Excepting only those who explicitly dislike being shipped for reasons other than to cause amusing conflict)
    Yes, but except that basic shipping there hasn't been any concrete shipping. Now it's almost 24 hours and neither of them has been assigned a cute filly.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-08-13 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

29. - Top - End - #719
    Colossus in the Playground

I think I made myself profoundly sad by mistake. I can probably break it if I decide to, but at the moment I kind of want to see where it goes. Might avoid posting for a few days, it's not a feeling that lends itself to human contact. I might explain in more detail later if people are interested. Sorry in advance if any of the feeling bleeds out unexpectedly.

Everypony have fun while I go wallow in whatever it is that I'm wallowing in. That's an order.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    The idea of P.O.U.Ses is great and terrifiying at the same time.
    @Deadly

As for what could live in the everfree, well...

Chimeras, Sphinxs(why not?), Basilisks, Karkadanns ( giant rhinos that are a middle eastern unicorn equvilent), Perytons, Mushussus(dragon/bird hybrids) , rock wolves (bigger,meaner cousens of the dimeond dogs) . Also, build off the idea of the ursas :monsters based of the 12 zodiac animals (ex Cancer minors, attack its weak point for massive damage!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Jayden: GIANT STAR WOLVES. Canis Minor/Major?
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The constellation beast thing was done in Past Sins recently, including Canis M., so I think I'll pass on that idea. I might have used it otherwise.

Must have been my brief discussion. Sorry you feel that way, and I hope this won't turn you away. A lot goes on in this thread (more than I can keep up with, TBH), and it's very varied. I'm sure most of it is perfectly innocent, but I like that there's room for every pony.

Just want note that Bridle Gossips has allusions to cannibalism, what with Zecora's Applebloom Soup. And if I were going to do anything in my story, it would be along those same lines. I consider that fairly innocent.

I have no problem with most grimdark, myself, though.