New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 7

1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 7

134 Ninja Drive
    "Because I'm afraid of your dress catching on fire on my regular motorcycle and I don't own a car. This way we avoid fires."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #902

Haunted Warehouse

Tom breathes a sigh of relief. Oh good, just petty vandalism. For a moment there, he thought she was going to try to persuade him into leaving a disembodied horse head in Maggy's bedroom, or sell compromising pictures of 'Magtok' to the press, manipulate Remnant into going to war with the cyborg, or any number of terrifying and dangerous ideas.

"Well, there's plans for opening up a new MagMart branch in Riverside. Warwick wanted me to help him override the robot controls and get them to do something silly, like doing the Thriller zombie dance or something, just to mess with Mag. We could kill two birds with one stone and do that, too. What if we spray-paint 'MagDonald burgers are made from Magtoks!' instead, though?"

There's always been rumors as to what Magtok really does with the corpses of dead clones or the left half of their bodies that get severed in the cloning process. There's probably not anywhere near enough meat to make that many burgers, but that hasn't stopped some conspiracy theorists from claiming otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #903
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

Resolved: Clarissa's dress is indeed evil.

Reason: It forced her to ride inside of a possessed sidecar.

"Fine."

Clarissa grumbles as she attempts to reluctantly climb into the leather sidecar. She...hated...this!

-----
    [Haunted Warehouse]

I'm all for the protein vat theory. Maggy just tosses the left bits into a vat, melts them down into their constituent proteins, and recycles them to feed the next clone. It is rather grimdark, but it seems logical enough.

Percilia stares at Tom for a moment, mouth agape.

"That's just another reason why I like being around you so much. You're great at scheming."

"Now, when is this MagMart due to open? Hacking the robots would also afford us an opportunity to loot the place for any utensils or items we need."

Looting! It's everyone's favorite hobby!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-02 at 03:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904

134 Ninja Drive
    Robert the Motorcycle isn't able to stop her from getting inside the side car.
    "Ever thought about losing a few pounds?"
    Dave kicked the motorcycle again, making it shut up as he climbed onto his seat.
    "To the chapel!"
    As he attempts to drive off. He won't if Clarissa asks him not to though. Especially if she wants to hurt the motorcycle.
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #905

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    EE

"Pretty much the same things as before. Trog's is still there, for instance," Aeyn says with a chuckle.
    Some things never change, I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Jack's Palace

Ivaz gives a short laugh. Heh.

Tricky part's gonna be finding her.
    "Why's that?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Nest

"Us making an offer would require you to be able to offer something in return." Icarus says bluntly, and opens fire, sending a three round burst of superheated tungsten rounds zipping towards the nearest guard with massive force and speed. The rifle is a miracle of mad science, an improved version of Phil's original design, and can punch through tank-level armor.The other twelve soldiers spring into action at the exact same second, one trying to kick the table over, another hurling a grenade towards Rael, all drawing weapons.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

The nearest guard is hit, and screams. The table, being bolted to the floor, doesn't budge, most likely.

Rael glares at the grenade thrower. Unless he has magic resistance his blood should literally begin to boil.

The other guard tries to catch the grenade, and toss it out of the room, something that might actually be possible, as they have vampiric reflexes, which have been further heightened by magic.

The Quill Wolves begin to pepper the area with quills, though they avoid shooting to close to their own people.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-02 at 04:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909

Haunted Warehouse

The doctor shrugs, and thoughtlessly murders yet another slice of pizza.

"Whenever my player gets around to talking to Happy and finding out when she'd like to bring out Warwick and do this. their fall sales season starts, which should be pretty soon. Probably best to do it on opening day, so there's a bigger crowd to hide in and serve as an audience and such."

He frowns. Shoot, they still don't have any sort of means of teleporting or flying really fast from thread to thread like the rest of Nexus-folk, do they?

"Riverside's kinda far, though. We might need to hitch a ride with him in that smelly family minivan."

Might be a little awkward for Percilia, sitting in the backseat while driven around by a guy who had Tom kidnapped. That's assuming, of course, that Warwick isn't so grossed out by the idea of Tom bringing a girlfriend along that he refuses to drive them there at all.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #910

The Nest

The grenade is caught and hurled out the window, and the quill wolves succeed in injuring two of the soldiers, one of them stabbed in the left shoulder by a lucky shot, the other taking two quills directly in his gut and dropping to his knees, seriously injured. The blood boiling, however, doesn't work due to the anti-magic runes inscribed on the squad's armor, and the remaining eleven open fire, aiming primarily at the quill wolves.

Icarus simply leaps over the table, unloading two three-round bursts at Rael in rapid succession as he rushes towards the blood mage.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-02 at 05:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

Rael is struck, which weakens him from the blood loss, unless the wounds cauterized from the fact that the rounds were superheated. However, as he's a vampire, he doesn't die. The wounds quickly begin to seal themselves.

The Quill Wolves manage to get off a few more quills before they fall, seriously injured, or perhaps dead.

Rael tries to duck to the right of Icarus's leap.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-02 at 05:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #912

The Nest

The bullets move fast enough that they don't cauterize. The main purpose of superheating them until they're basically lava is so they can burn through armor.

Icarus spots that the rifle isn't causing harm to Rael, or at least not as much harm as it should, so he hurl s it aside and draws a new weapon, a blocky looking laser pistol.

A quill clips the mostly unarmored neck of one of the remaining soldiers, likely injecting him with whatever poison it carries. The actual effects of this depend upon the toxin, but with their poison resistances it's safe to say they aren't affected just yet. Instead, two of the soldiers continue to sink rounds into the corpses of the quill wolves, to insure they stay dead, while nine others begin firing upon any surviving guards or incoming reinforcements.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

The guards are surviving quite well, and continue to do so, as they're also vampires. It still hurts enough that they don't get up, though, not to mention the fact that their wounds aren't sealing. The Tire, meanwhile, are cowering out of sight under the table.

Rael tries to get around Icarus, to get to the gun he just threw away.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

The dirigibot ends the cloak effect, revealing itself and the five combat drones that managed to get in. One of the drones zips over to Rael, attempting to attach itself to him so as to envelop him in its multi-layer shields. The dirigibot's 'eye' glows a disturbing orange color and releases a steady beam of ionizing hydrogen plasma at the soldiers, entirely uncaring of any of Rael's creatures that may get in the way. Two others latch onto and shield the Tire Geal, who attempt to duck and weave past the soldiers and out of the room, dropping two standard EMP grenades as they go (assuming I'm still allowed to godmod the pair).
    The remaining two drones open fire with Phil's old favorite, miniature railguns that fire relatively small mass reactive rounds like those of a bolt pistol.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

((You are.))

Rael continues his previous course of action, though he tries to dodge the plasma beam as he does so.

16. - Top - End - #916

Jack's Palace

Shadow Spirit. Ivaz gives him a look saying that this should be obvious. Her abilities are like mine, but on the ultimate level. If she really doesn't want to be found, she won't be.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #917
    Pixie in the Playground

[134 Ninja Drive]

Clarissa won't try to damage Robert just yet. Not until they don't need him anymore. Off she goes to get married, I guess!

((To Outside or Inside?))

-----
    [Haunted Warehouse]

"The guy who paid to have you kidnapped drives a family minivan?"

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Percilia breaks out into a laughing fit! What sort of evil guy drives around in a *snirk* family minivan? Seriously! Warwick is evidently not a very scary guy.

When the fit subsides, Percilia attempts to steal a slice of pizza from the pizza box! Thief!

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

"Do you know of any summoning rituals or whatever that might lure her to us?" Jack offers Ivaz a piece of pie. Wonderful, delicious, turkey pot pie.

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #919

134 Ninja Drive
    Dave drives off to Inside!
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #920

The Nest

Icarus doesn't even bother to try and stop Rael from rushing for the gauss rifle, instead taking the time to line up a shot before firing, a beam of captured sunlight focused into a laser lancing out towards the vampire mage. Probably not enough to kill a decently powerful vampire in one shot, but it'll almost certainly cause plenty of damage.

One of the soldiers spots the combat drones appearing, and all of them spring into action. One quickly steps to intercept the drone heading for Rael, blocking it's path, firing at it with the gauss rifle even while he reaches for his sword. The others quickly roll over the table and take cover from the combat drones on the other side, all except the one who was severely wounded, who gets blasted with both plasma and bullets, killing him.

Two soldiers quickly kick the grenades out the window, while the other eight fire at the drones and dirigibot, two aiming at each drone, four at the bot. I'm not sure what sort of shields they're using, but superheated denser-than-lead projectiles fired at forces roughly equivalent to a sniper rifle shot have a tendency to work on nearly anything.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

Rael is caught by the beam. He's injured pretty badly by it, though only the laser effect. Still, he now has some rather nasty burns on him, that are healing slowly, if at all.

Rael spins around, growing quills and thickening his scales as he does so.

If he can get a shot at Icarus, he launches somewhere around ten quills at him.

22. - Top - End - #922

Haunted Warehouse

Tom shakes his head and looks down at the table with a much more somber expression.

"It's quite sad, actually. His whole life, Warwick's been in the closet about being an evil scientist, afraid of that his family might disown him if they ever found out. For as long as Mag's known him, he's been constantly looking over his shoulder, always fretting about his work, fearful that one day his wife might catch him in the act with a giant robot doom suit, and-"

Tom bursts into snickers, unable to contain himself and maintain a straight face any longer. Silly Warwick, trying to balance mad science and family! Everyone knows you're only allowed to have one, otherwise you'll never have what it takes to keep up with crazy loners who live in smelly caves like Maggy!

"In all seriousness though, I think we can trust him. We're not exactly buddies, but he loves the idea of messing with Mag far too much to let anything other than his wife and kids get in the way. Oh, and I just remembered, there's Riftline! I don't know much how it costs to ride the thing, but that should get us to Riverside too, if it proves cheap enough."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-02 at 06:22 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

The wonderful thing about shiabenene kinetic shields is that anything solid hitting them at high speeds recharges them. Slow speeds? not so much. Hence why the robots avoid blunt weapons. The force of the blows knocks the robots back, but fails to damage them, and the one heading for Rael dips and dodges to try and reach him.

The diribot, unfortunately, is not shielded. Also unfortunate, Oregon has replaced Phil's stable and efficient but expensive gyroscopically recharging batteries with oxygen fission/fusion combo batteris that can reuse their own nuclear waste. The dirigibot backs up its memory, drops to the floor, and begins emitting choking silvery fumes. Also, lots of fire. It's bound to explode soon.

Also, if that table can stop bolter rounds, it is damn strong. Bravo, table, bravo. *tears of respect for table*

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #924

Jack's Palace

Ivaz definitely takes some pie.

She shakes her head. None that I know of. She takes a bite of the pie. Wow, this good.

Anyways, all of the Base Spirits tend to be 'goodguys'. So, we could probably trick her with a hostage or sometime.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

"Do you know any friends of hers that would make good hostages?" Jack is now munching on a turkey drumstick dipped in a metric butt-ton of ginger sauce.

(Recaiden) He lives!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Percilia laughs again. Yes, Warwick is quite a silly man, isn't he. Between mouthfuls of pizza, Percilia manages to mutter,

"Well, if he ever does go after you again, I know exactly where to hit him to halt him."

Kidnapping, Percilia? You'd stoop so low as to kidnap an enemy's wife and children. Or... Or are you implying that you might do something more...

Moving on.

"I've never heard of Riftline. What's that?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-02 at 06:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927

Haunted Warehouse

Tom's player glances at the Inside OP, only to find there's nothing there on Riftline at all. Drat, we'll have to do entirely this from memory, then.

"It's a sort of magical subway thing in Inside, built by this Aurora group. Goes all about the Nexus, I think. I never rode it myself before because I was still brainwashed and such into thinking it wasn't real, and as a MagClone I could just teleport around instead."

He doesn't comment on the Warwick thing. He's just going to assume that was a joke made in poor taste, and save his breath for the next morally questionable thing she does or says.

"So do you want that last slice, or...?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-02 at 07:15 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #928

Jack's Palace

A metric butt-ton, huh? What's the conversion on that?

Ivaz thinks for a moment, fork loosely in hand. Well, we could try one of the other spirits. Or...well, there is one woman in Nexus she's kind of close to.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

.0536 standard butt-tons.
    "And who might that be?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

"Nah. You can have it."

A pause for Percilia to finish chewing her next bite.

"So you used to be able to teleport all over the place? That must have been nice. Why can't you do that anymore?"

It's a good question. How could someone lose their ability to teleport? Or does Tom just choose not to use it anymore as it would alert Magtok to his current whereabouts? Maybe it ran on electronics as opposed to magic? Still, wouldn't that device or, at the very least, a key to said device be implanted inside of each clone?