New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 7

1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 7

Jack's Palace

Ah. Good to know.

Ivaz finds a shadow and reaches into it real quick, pulling out a photo that she passes to Jack.

Her name is Zel. She's from the same world as the spirits and I, but about a hundred years before me.

The picture is of a woman in her early twenties. She has short white hair and gray eyes. She wears loose black pants, a white tank top, and a black leather jacket. There is on onyx stone with white swirls fused to her chest.

Now, Ivaz doesn't know about Zel's recent Exaltation.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haunted Warehouse

"Well when I went rogue and all, Mag needed to-"

Tom opens his mouth to finish his reply, and then clamps it shut. He hasn't actually tried telewarping at all yet since remembering his MagClone history. While it would be easy to assume that Magtok's already locked him out of his own ability to effortlessly shift about the Nexus, the other cyborg could just as easily have decided to not bother with it. I mean, setting a no-telewarp zone around the MagCave would be easy enough, so why would he need to go through all that trouble.

He puts his slice of pizza down and back in the box, stands up with a determined look in his eye, and jumps!

...Only to land right back on the ground again, exactly where he was a moment ago. Magtok, you're such a selfish butt. Would it kill you to let Tom share some of your fancy toys? Now Tom's all red in the face after doing such a ridiculous stunt, and it's all your fault!

"Yeah, it looks like I've been locked out."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-02 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #933
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

Percilia giggles as Tom makes his telewarping attempt! That was so cute!

"Is that the way you teleport? You just jump into the air and then zap you're gone?"

"Is there science behind that or is it just magic of some kind?"

There's that sly look in Percilia's eye again. She's scheming again! Look out!

4. - Top - End - #934

Haunted Warehouse

"Well, it's supposed...it, err...it's not always-"

Tom stammers at first, trying to come up with a particularly witty retort, but just fails horribly and ends up looking even more ridiculous than he already was.

"It's tech. Really complicated cyborg implant stuff. Magtok never does magic; he considers it primitive, and that relying on a force other than yourself to achieve a goal is a sign of weakness."

That may or may not have something to do with Tom's reluctance to experiment with those wacky light powers he got back in that awful nightmare world.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-02 at 09:34 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

5. - Top - End - #935
    Pixie in the Playground

[Haunted Warehouse]

"Well, I think you looked really cute when you tried it."

Percilia candidly smiles. She also bats her eyelashes at Tom in a most charming fashion. She stretches out on the bed, exposing more than a little bit of the soft skin of her firm midsection.

"I also think that magic is pretty cool. I don't know much about it, but I think that Magtok is afraid of it. That's why he doesn't use it. He can't understand it."

6. - Top - End - #936

The Nest

I dunno, that table already withstood being kicked by a very strong person in medium power armor, so I'd say it is indeed a +5 masterwork table. Truly, the carpenter who made it was a man of skill and vision.

The drone trying to reach Rael might find ducking around the soldier more than a little hard, as he suddenly opens his wings, blocking the combat Drone's path with about five feet worth of metal plated wing. This should have the effect of halting it long enough that the winged soldier can slash at it, attempting to employ his ultra-sharp longsword to slice it in half, or at least damage whatever allows it to fly.

The others, however, employ something a little more deadly than bullets this time. Three short fuse grenades are hurled over the table, to land right next to the drones. A half second later they detonate, in a blast of fire and light, hopefully roasting the robots right through their anti-high-velocity shields. The soldiers themselves are well protected by their cover, although one has taken a bullet through his lung and is now coughing up blood, and the one who took a quill to the shoulder looks very ill.

Should the inferno have failed to deal with the robots, the eight healthy soldiers will dash out from cover, taking advantage of the fact the inferno grenade will have likely overloaded the drones's sensors for a few seconds, and slash at their robotic foes using ultra-sharp, reinforced steel sabers. Said weapons can deal with most protection short of heavy power armor, so they ought to be effective.

Icarus uses his own wings as a shield, tearing his cloak to shreds and revealing the sleek blue power armor beneath in the process, the metal plating around them deflecting most of the quills. Three break through though, impaling his wings, and he angrily opens fire again, firing twice more with the solar-powered laser pistol. The gauss rifle lies on the floor next to Rael.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

[Fettina's Suite]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira starts to buzz her way out of the room.
    And, presumably, out they go!
    To Inside?

[Erin's Emporium - Upstairs]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Some things never change, I guess.
    Aeryn chuckles, and nods.
    "All the better that they don't," she agrees.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #938

Haunted Warehouse

"Perhaps," Tom reluctantly concedes. Rogue clone or not, he's still a MagClone. That means he still has an awful lot of Maggish ideas still running in his head. A strong dislike of elves, a fondness for junk food, and exceptionally weak impulse control, among other things.

Speaking of acting on impulse, Tom completely forgets about that poor last slice of pizza, abandoning it to whatever cruel fate the pizza gods might have in store for it, openly ogling Percilia as he does so. This is your only remaining set of clothes, Tom. Are you sure you want to be picking it off the floor like Percilia was last time you-Oh forget it, why do I even bother with you?

He walks away from that poor last slice, moving closer to Percilia and the bed with every step. "Hey Percilia?" There's something sneaky and mischievous about Tom's tone. I'm not sure what he's up to but the look on his face is pretty similar to the one he had right before the pre-pizza smooch.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Jack's Palace

Ah. Good to know.

Ivaz finds a shadow and reaches into it real quick, pulling out a photo that she passes to Jack.

Her name is Zel. She's from the same world as the spirits and I, but about a hundred years before me.

The picture is of a woman in her early twenties. She has short white hair and gray eyes. She wears loose black pants, a white tank top, and a black leather jacket. There is on onyx stone with white swirls fused to her chest.

Now, Ivaz doesn't know about Zel's recent Exaltation.
    Jack looks at the picture and nods.
    "We can prolly take her."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #940

Jack's Palace

Ivaz holds up a finger.

Careful there, slugger.

First, she's a Kinetic Base. A pretty good one, too. Best description would be telekinesis. Tends to use her ability to control her weapon, a large bladed ring.

Second, see that stone?
    She points to the woman's chest. Got some kind of demon inside of it, bound to her. It tends to take over in fights.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

"And if I attack her with weapons that aren't made of matter? Or strike a deal with the demon? Heck, maybe even trick her and drug her?" Jack wonders.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Nest

I dunno, that table already withstood being kicked by a very strong person in medium power armor, so I'd say it is indeed a +5 masterwork table. Truly, the carpenter who made it was a man of skill and vision.

The drone trying to reach Rael might find ducking around the soldier more than a little hard, as he suddenly opens his wings, blocking the combat Drone's path with about five feet worth of metal plated wing. This should have the effect of halting it long enough that the winged soldier can slash at it, attempting to employ his ultra-sharp longsword to slice it in half, or at least damage whatever allows it to fly.

The others, however, employ something a little more deadly than bullets this time. Three short fuse grenades are hurled over the table, to land right next to the drones. A half second later they detonate, in a blast of fire and light, hopefully roasting the robots right through their anti-high-velocity shields. The soldiers themselves are well protected by their cover, although one has taken a bullet through his lung and is now coughing up blood, and the one who took a quill to the shoulder looks very ill.

Should the inferno have failed to deal with the robots, the eight healthy soldiers will dash out from cover, taking advantage of the fact the inferno grenade will have likely overloaded the drones's sensors for a few seconds, and slash at their robotic foes using ultra-sharp, reinforced steel sabers. Said weapons can deal with most protection short of heavy power armor, so they ought to be effective.

Icarus uses his own wings as a shield, tearing his cloak to shreds and revealing the sleek blue power armor beneath in the process, the metal plating around them deflecting most of the quills. Three break through though, impaling his wings, and he angrily opens fire again, firing twice more with the solar-powered laser pistol. The gauss rifle lies on the floor next to Rael.
    It does help when you can simply have someone think of what they want, and it appears. Karyana made this specially for Rael when she was in her Forest.

Rael is struck by both of them, and now has severe burns on his arms and chest.

Rael grabs the gauss rifle, and tries to fire three bursts at Icarus, two to the torso and one to the head.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-03 at 07:06 AM.

13. - Top - End - #943

Jack's Palace

Ivaz thinks on those for a moment. Not sure if the demon can be talked to, but the others could work.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #944
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Fettina's Suite

"Twice, Fettina. Twice now you've cheated on me. The first time I could accept. You were drinking and angry at me. I figured we could just move past that. But this?" Kirk gestures to the departing Shrike. "This is altogether different."

The drow shakes his head. looking exasperated, and still angry of coure. "I can't help but think we would have been better off if we'd never done this."
    "Hey, that first time was yo-- wasn't my fault. I thought we were done, the way you talked. But... I have no excuse for Shrike. I guess I thought I could have you and... get out a little, y'know?" Tina sits and grabs Shrike's shirt off the floor, pulling it on with a melancholy frown. She doesn't seem too ashamed, though she does feel bad for hurting Kirk again.

The platinum girl looks at him, eyes a little wide, tone an attempt at meek neutrality. "Is that what you want, Kirk?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Jack's Palace

Ivaz thinks on those for a moment. Not sure if the demon can be talked to, but the others could work.
    Jack's Palace

"It would probably be safer to try the subtle way first...the Black Dragon's Den sells knock out drops..."

(Recaiden) He lives!

16. - Top - End - #946

Jack's Palace

Ivaz nods. Yeah...though, I'm sure beating her into submission would be fun.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fettina's Suite]

"You know what? Yes, that's exactly what I want. Goodbye, Tina." And now he tries to actually storm out of the room. It's probably mostly anger, frustration, and a bit of guilt that prompted such a messy way of dealing with this situation, but what's said has been said.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

"That can be Plan B," Jack tosses the turkey leg to one of his pygmy wyverns.

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira lands on Shrike's shoulder. "Um... you sure it's a good idea to be walking around nude?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Fettina's Suite]

Shrike pauses, and looks down at herself.
    "...you know, you might have a point there," she has to admit.
    They might notice the departing Kirk. Hopefully he doesn't notice them!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #951
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fettina's Suite]

Tina can't really stop him. She blurts, "Kirk--," one more time, but doesn't get anything else out.

So... she's alone. Again. The platinum girl sits and stews and sulks, considering skipping her dose of Jump for tonight. Slip into numbness, so she won't have to start crying over Kirk and the rest of her screwed-up life. Sure, it wasn't that screwed up, but that's how the drugs would make her feel. They heighten everything. Not just good feelings.

Unfortunately, like any junkie, Tina can't just 'skip' her fix. That would be a horrible idea. Maybe it would help. Maybe she could go out, try to forget again. Yeah, that's right. It worked every other time. Why not now? She sniffs, eyes a little watery, and goes to pour herself a drink...
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-03 at 11:35 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #952

Jack's Palace

Ivaz grins. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Fettina's Suite and Leaving]

Kirk does indeed notice Shrike as he's departing, but he favours her with nothing more than an angry glare and continues on his way. He's not sure where he;s going, but he hopes it involves alcohol.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's Palace

"DOn't worry, you can beat her up when I've locked her in a room made of shadows," Jack offers.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #955

Jack's Palace

Ivaz gives a malicious grin.

Oh Jack. You know how to please a lady.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #956

The Nest

As Rael pulls the trigger, the auto-destruct initiates. There's no convenient red light, nor a ticking sound, not even a countdown to warn the vampire that he just activated a live bomb. Merely a half-second delay, and then an explosion, reducing the gun to red hot shrapnel and likely causing similar damage to Rael's hands.

Taking advantage of the distraction that grabbing the rifle from the floor and it's subsequent explosion provides, Icarus fires twice more, emptying the solar laser gun's battery before tossing it aside and dashing towards his target, drawing and lashing out with his own ultra-sharp longsword in one quick draw cut aimed at Rael's neck.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Nest]

Rael shrieks in pain and anger, then again as he's hit by the laser.

However, all this has the beneficial effect of making him leap backwards, avoiding the draw cut.

His hands begin to reform, and his scales thicken.

((Deadtime soon))

28. - Top - End - #958

The Nest

Not giving Rael a moment to recover, Icarus chops downward with the longsword, aiming to strike him at the base of the neck and cut downwards from there. If nothing else, it will likely cause the blood mags to lose a lot of blood, preventing him from using his magics. The longsword shouldn't have much trouble cutting through the scales, for the record, as one of the Objects was used to make it incredibly, impossibly sharp.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

The Nest

Ow. Rael does indeed lose a lot of blood, although the wound quickly seals itself. Rael launches a barrage of quills at Icarus, though these are modified to contain a soporiphic, rather than the standard neurotoxin.

30. - Top - End - #960

The Nest

Icarus ducks under the barrage, attempting to slam his shoulder into Rael's center of gravity, at the same time attempting to hook the longsword against the back of Rael's leg, and pull forward. Should the maneuver work as planned, it should cause the vampire to fall, as well as possibly removing one of his legs.