New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX: Appletastic Treats

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well, my friends convinced me to post the background for my OC female Pegasus pony, Mystic Muse here. I'll give the thread a try this time around too, though I may end up leaving again. It'll be confusing at first, and it'll probably suck. Sorry if it does, this is my first attempt at a life summary.
    Spoiler
    Show

Soaring Spark was a relatively normal boy. He grew up playing with his neighbors, going outside and collecting bugs, his favorite animal was a big Monitor lizard called a Komodo Dragon, and he spent every day with his friend next door, “Gingersnap.” when he could. She was a fairly nice all blue Pegasus Filly.

However, not all good things last. One day, his friend had to move away, and...he didn't react well. He decided a bit later that any girl who wasn't related to him wasn't worth talking to. Heck, he'd even treat some of his own cousins and family like dirt just based on that. However, he did grow out of this rather soon. He realized that his friend moving away wasn't her choice, she couldn't have done anything about it, and that he could always make new friends someplace else. He wasn't sure quite what to do though.

Unlike most kids in Equestria, he was homeschooled. Around about age 7, he decided it appealed to him better, and would just do that until he got out of school. His mom was very understanding, and he spent the rest of his schooling life at home.

Around age 10, he was introduced to Dungeons and Dragons. He got really into it, especially homebrewing stuff for 3.5. If he couldn't do that, he would usually just build Bionicles, or try to think up ideas for campaigns to play through with his cousins. One day, he woke up, and on his flank was a black and blue marble d20 on his flank, with the 20 pointing straight up. He never considered Cutie marks to be a big deal, but he was glad he had finally gotten his.

Soaring came from a somewhat big family, so when it would have come time for him to go to Flight school, his parents couldn't afford it, and he had to learn himself. Learning without a teacher was hard work, and he ended up going inside with broken bones several times before he finally got the hang of it. Even then, just plain flying wasn't enough for him, and he had to learn a couple tricks the Wonderbolts did. Cue more broken bones. He took it in stride though, and eventually become a good, though not great flier.

Eventually, when he was around 13 or 14, he found out about this odd program that took place in the mail, and he was invited. The idea was a large amount of ponies get together and write about various topics. You got a score card type thing where you checkmarked off things you might be interested in, and anything by anybody in the program related to that topic would be copied and sent to you. There were a lot of things, so he checkmarked off the following topics.

D&D 3.5, rules questions and Clarifications.
    LGBTA topics. He wasn't quite sure what to expect from it, but it sounded interesting, so why not?
    Media topics, Especially recent movies coming out
    And lastly, simple friendly banter.

He sent the scorecard type thing back, and soon started getting a lot of mail related to various topics of interest. After a while, the LGBTA topics were his favorite, especially letters from a pony called Eclaire. She was just so darn cheerful, and sounded like a wonderful girl. However, when it came to her, Soaring was in for a surprise. She was Male to Female Transsexual, and that astounded him. Not because there was anything wrong with that, because there sure as hell wasn't, but because she already seemed so much like a girl that he was surprised that she wasn't. Not yet anyway, but she would be soon. Apparently, there were certain spells that could turn a pony completely into the opposite gender permanently. However, the spells were quite permanent, and there was no way to change back, so it wasn't something to be undertaken lightly. He told her that he thought this was actually pretty cool, and as far as he was concerned, she was a girl already. She felt ecstatic at his response.

That night he started thinking about transsexualism. He wasn't quite sure why, but something about it seemed almost familiar to him. Oh well, probably just his mind making up things. It did that sometimes after all, which is why his hobbies included D&D and Bionicles. It was fun making campaign worlds and various odd creatures. For now though, it was time to get sleep. He was hoping he would have a good dream instead of some various odd ones he had sometimes, like being a Demon slayer who hunted demons who had possessed inanimate objects to haunt specific places. Granted, that one wasn't bad, just weird.

In his dream, he had woken up and got up as usual, going to the restroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. He was barely awake though, so he didn't notice until after he had brushed his teeth that something was off. His mane and tail weren't as messy as they usually were, he had an Alice band in said hair, his wings were smaller and more petite, and he looked a lot more feminine. “Is somepony playing a prank on me?” he asked out loud, and he heard his voice. That wasn't his voice, it sounded like Holly Brook's. He kinda panicked and ran back to his room, to look for some indication that this was a prank. He checked his ID, and he checked his various drawers and stuff for his usual clothes. Nope. Instead he had skirts, bikinis, and dresses, and he also had a ton of makeup in his drawers. This was much too elaborate for a prank. He then got the bright idea of doing the simple thing, and just looking between his hind legs. Yep, just as he suspected. He was a she now. She ended up doing her usual routine throughout the day, and her family wasn't shocked at all. Apparently, this was a dream and she had always been a girl here. At least that wasn't too awkward. A little while later, he woke up, and it was fairly early.

He spent a little while thinking about the dream. It was, oddly, rather good. He then thought about his life in general. Some rather girly things had appealed to him throughout his life, but didn't do them because it wasn't masculine. He kept thinking and determined he liked girl's fashion better than guy fashion. Girls got to wear everything guys got to and more, and their clothes were more aesthetically pleasing. Lastly, he simply thought about girls compared to guys. Girls looked better, girls got to do more things, and they just seemed superior for some reason. “Oh Sweet pony princesses. I want to be a girl” he said quietly to himself. No, that wasn't true, he was a straight male right? Right?

He spent the next year and a half denying that he could possibly want to be a girl, and occasionally having more dreams where he was one. He was a guy right? Guys are born guys because they're guys and girls are born girls because they're girls. “But that's wrong. Eclaire was born male but neither of us have any doubt she's female.” he said to himself, and just kept thinking. Sometime after his and Eclaire's 15th birthday he got another letter from her. She had gone through with the spell, become a girl, and was very happy about it. Soaring started asking her questions about the spell. After a couple letters, she told him it would be easier if she just came to him in person and told him. He waited anxiously for that day.

That day, he got things prepared for a proper welcome. He got her balloons and planned to take her out to eat and to a movie. Eventually she appeared, and he gave her the balloons and the biggest hug he could manage. She was a white maned, black coated unicorn pony. Her cutie mark was, what else, a couple of Eclaires. Apparently she was a baker. “Thanks for coming. Could I ask some more questions?” “Sure” she responded with a smile. After so many she asked “Why are you so curious about this now? You could have asked before.” Soaring wasn't sure how to respond. Should he tell her about his doubts or should he just come up with a lie? No, she was his friend and she deserved the truth. “I've kinda been feeling like I might be transsexual too. I'm just not sure yet.” he admitted. Eclaire thought about this for a moment and said “I know how to find out. I'm going to ask you a few questions and you answer them as fast as you can. First, who is cuter, Luna or Celestia.” “Luna easy.” “What's the best movie ever?” “The Princess Bride.” “What is your favorite color” “Blue.” “What's your favorite soft drink?” “Cream soda” and as he responded, he wondered what this had to do with him being a girl or a guy. Nothing seemed like it would actually point one way or another. “Would it be better for you to be a girl or a guy?” “Girl” he responded, and realized what he just said. “There's your answer” Eclaire told him smiling. “I'm not really sure how to respond to this.” he admitted. “Well, you have plenty of time to think about that. For now, let's do something fun.” she suggested. “Alright” he responded, and took her out to eat and to a movie. It was fun, and if Eclaire didn't live all the way in Ponyville, he would probably ask to start going out with her. However, that wasn't practical, and he had this “problem” to deal with.

He started doing research about the spell. It didn't cost all that much, just 50 bits. He already had that in his bag of holding, but there was one problem. He didn't know of anypony nearby capable of casting the spell. He spent about half a year deciding what he should do about it and finally decided. Eclaire was in Ponyville, and the pony who made her a biological girl was also there. He would move there, and wouldn't have to deal with possible persecution from certain parts of his family. He told his parents that he was moving out, though he didn't say why quite yet. He flew to Ponyville, and then sent them a letter back explaining the situation. He got a bunch of letters back a couple days later from various members of his family, immediate and extended. He read the ones from his immediate family first. They understood why he did what he did, and though they didn't like the way he did it, they didn't mind him being transsexual. That seemed to be the response from most of his family, the key word there being “most”. From one branch of his family, he got a bunch of angry letters saying that it was wrong, that he should feel terrible about it, and that if there were an afterlife, he was going to hell for it. Well, that was about what he expected, and he gave the response they should have expected back. It was the same response to every pony who had sent him those letters, and it was only two words.

About a week after moving there, he had built his house out of the clouds, and started getting more familiar with the place. There was a bakery, a farm nearby, a library where he definitely wanted to get a card later, and a dress/makeover shop called Carousel Boutique. He stood outside of the boutique for a while, just looking at it, and said to himself “Not yet.” before moving on to the library. The pony there had her head buried in some book, and was surprised that there was another pony in town that wanted a library card. She had expected the town had run out of ponies looking for books and was relieved to see him. He got the card, a few books that looked interesting, and went on his way, going over to the bakery. After encountering Pinkie Pie, he wasn't sure if this was a mistake or not. At least he was able to convince her not to throw him a party. He didn't like crowds and wanted to avoid ponies as much as possible until he went through with the spell.

He decided a bit later to start hanging out around the library more. Twilight was a fairly interesting pony, even if you sometimes had to drop a brick in front of her to get her to notice gravity. Spike wasn't quite as interesting, but he was a dragon and earned points purely for that fact. Soaring and Twilight became quite good friends after a while, and developed a bit of a brother and sister relationship with each other. Twilight wanted to introduce Soaring to her friends, but he convinced her not to and explained why. Twilight still wanted to, but she understoood.

Well, he spent a while in town and found out Eclaire had moved to Manehatten. That kinda sucked for him, but she told him that the pony who had turned her into a biological girl was still in town, and her name was “Twilight Sparkle.” about a week before his sixteenth birthday. He spent the week being nervous about this and making sure this was what he wanted, and then his birthday came. Yes, of course this is what he wanted. It wasn't that he moved to Ponyville to get it, it wasn't that he had told his family it's what he wanted, and it wasn't that he convinced himself it was what he wanted. He knew this was it, and that would be his birthday present to himself. To stop chickening out and go through with it already. He took a shower, , brushed his teeth, brushed his mane and tail for the first time in a long time, and headed off towards the library.

When he got there, he informed Twilight of the situation. She warned him that it was irreversible, and that it would cost a bit, but he didn't care. He handed over the bits to her, gave her the description of what he looked like in his first dream, and showed her the voice he wanted to have. “You still need a new name.” she informed him. He hadn't really thought about that before. Yeah, Soaring Spark didn't sound all that girly, and he wanted a name that would suit his new form better. Eventually he came to a decision. “I'd like to be called Mystic Muse.” he said, and Twilight got on with the spell. An hour or two later, Soaring Spark was dead and Mystic Muse was born. “There'll be some disorientation, and you probably won't be used to the new form at first. I suggest walking home to get used to it.” she said and sent Mystic on her way.

She indeed was not used to the new form and fell down a few times on the way, but she got the hang of it by the time she got home. She went upstairs to look at herself in the mirror, and she loved the way she looked. Though, it wasn't quite as she imagined it. It was in fact better for several reasons. She looked a lot more fit like this, her features seemed more in proportion, and though she would admit it, she enjoyed her new pert and perky plot. her mane was short. and looked a bit like a human's hair. It hung around her face, though it was held back with a blue Alice band so it didn't get into her eyes, which were now a sky blue. She had a more clean looking cream colored coat, and her tail looked liked it had been properly straightened. She didn't regret this for a second, and she also loved the way she sounded. The only problem was she would have to buy new clothes. She decided to pull out anything she didn't particularly like anymore to sell in order to fund her shopping spree. She went to her room, and decided she would go tomorrow. She dumped out the contents of her bag of holding and sorted through her old clothes. “It shouldn't be too hard to find a few ponies willing to buy this stuff”she thought to herself.

The next day, she set up something along the lines of a yard sale, selling old stuff she would no longer use. A few hats she no longer wore, a couple of old shirts, and a few saddle bags. She even sold a few slices of cherry pie she made. She didn't make a ton, but it would be enough to buy a few more girly articles of clothing, a couple things of makeup, and she'd be able to get her bag redone to be more like a purse. However, she'd soon need more money to live. Her well of funds was about to run dry, and she hadn't gotten a job yet.

Over the next two years, she spent her time doing various odd jobs. She tried working at Sugarcube Corner, but that only lasted a couple days. She simply couldn't handle the insanity that was Pinkie Pie. Later, she spent a bit of time as a masseuse. She picked up the trade, but eventually decided to move on. There were a few creepy ponies coming in for hoof rubs, and she decided it would be best to just move on. She would have worked at the library, but it didn't take in enough money to support her. Twilight was living there on the Princess's dime. Eventually, after trying so many different jobs, and feeling like she wouldn't be useful at the boutique, she came back to what she considered her one and only option.

Sugarcube Corner.

Oh well. At least they had good Dutch Apple Pie, and Pinkie's parties weren't too bad. Maybe she had calmed down in the time Mystic had been away?

“Oh hey! Mystic's back to work with us!” Pinkie said and tacklehugged her during the interview. Well, so much for that vain hope.

The end.

Yes, the mail program is supposed to be the equivalent of something like Giantitp.
    Wow, it is quite long, but i guess that it is appropriate being a short life story rather then a background.
    Now in just MY personal opinion
    Spoiler
    Show
    it lost its "pony feel" in the middle, and could have been about a human (im assuming it was, wheather it was you or someone you know) This is a topic i havent seen discussed in MLP at all aside from joking gender-bending spells.
    Its feels as if you have simply ponified a human world, rather then Equestria. those observations aside...
    I feel like his decision and revlation that he wanted to be a her came on rather quickly. I know you said it was about 2+ years to make the choice, but it seemed to me his mind was already made up, he was just looking for the courage to go through with it. Was that what was intended?
    Overall rating: Good background, but could use a few tweaks. Grammar is excellent, though i would break up the speech and the narration a little more.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Remember this, cultists of the Lion! One day your lords skin will be the carpet in the Great Ones throne room!
    "You think this is the first time I've been alive?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Do you have access to the god of really delicious scones and cookies? I don't think I could join a cult without something to dip in my coffee.
    "I have the god of baked goods, I wouldn't want to short change my cultists on selection."

Now tonberrian, I thought you knew better. Why go with the fithy cat-cult when you have use?

After all, have you ever had bacon from a Sus Minor? Why, it tastes heavenly.
    "My name may be Leo, but I'm a lion-pony, not just a lion. Do you really want to join a cult that can't get it's facts straight? How can you trust that they're telling you to worship properly?"

"And my bacon comes straight from the flank of the god of pigs himself. Can't get more divine than that."
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-16 at 10:14 PM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my friends convinced me to post the background for my OC female Pegasus pony, Mystic Muse here. I'll give the thread a try this time around too, though I may end up leaving again. It'll be confusing at first, and it'll probably suck. Sorry if it does, this is my first attempt at a life summary.
    Spoiler
    Show

Soaring Spark was a relatively normal boy. He grew up playing with his neighbors, going outside and collecting bugs, his favorite animal was a big Monitor lizard called a Komodo Dragon, and he spent every day with his friend next door, “Gingersnap.” when he could. She was a fairly nice all blue Pegasus Filly.

However, not all good things last. One day, his friend had to move away, and...he didn't react well. He decided a bit later that any girl who wasn't related to him wasn't worth talking to. Heck, he'd even treat some of his own cousins and family like dirt just based on that. However, he did grow out of this rather soon. He realized that his friend moving away wasn't her choice, she couldn't have done anything about it, and that he could always make new friends someplace else. He wasn't sure quite what to do though.

Unlike most kids in Equestria, he was homeschooled. Around about age 7, he decided it appealed to him better, and would just do that until he got out of school. His mom was very understanding, and he spent the rest of his schooling life at home.

Around age 10, he was introduced to Dungeons and Dragons. He got really into it, especially homebrewing stuff for 3.5. If he couldn't do that, he would usually just build Bionicles, or try to think up ideas for campaigns to play through with his cousins. One day, he woke up, and on his flank was a black and blue marble d20 on his flank, with the 20 pointing straight up. He never considered Cutie marks to be a big deal, but he was glad he had finally gotten his.

Soaring came from a somewhat big family, so when it would have come time for him to go to Flight school, his parents couldn't afford it, and he had to learn himself. Learning without a teacher was hard work, and he ended up going inside with broken bones several times before he finally got the hang of it. Even then, just plain flying wasn't enough for him, and he had to learn a couple tricks the Wonderbolts did. Cue more broken bones. He took it in stride though, and eventually become a good, though not great flier.

Eventually, when he was around 13 or 14, he found out about this odd program that took place in the mail, and he was invited. The idea was a large amount of ponies get together and write about various topics. You got a score card type thing where you checkmarked off things you might be interested in, and anything by anybody in the program related to that topic would be copied and sent to you. There were a lot of things, so he checkmarked off the following topics.

D&D 3.5, rules questions and Clarifications.
    LGBTA topics. He wasn't quite sure what to expect from it, but it sounded interesting, so why not?
    Media topics, Especially recent movies coming out
    And lastly, simple friendly banter.

He sent the scorecard type thing back, and soon started getting a lot of mail related to various topics of interest. After a while, the LGBTA topics were his favorite, especially letters from a pony called Eclaire. She was just so darn cheerful, and sounded like a wonderful girl. However, when it came to her, Soaring was in for a surprise. She was Male to Female Transsexual, and that astounded him. Not because there was anything wrong with that, because there sure as hell wasn't, but because she already seemed so much like a girl that he was surprised that she wasn't. Not yet anyway, but she would be soon. Apparently, there were certain spells that could turn a pony completely into the opposite gender permanently. However, the spells were quite permanent, and there was no way to change back, so it wasn't something to be undertaken lightly. He told her that he thought this was actually pretty cool, and as far as he was concerned, she was a girl already. She felt ecstatic at his response.

That night he started thinking about transsexualism. He wasn't quite sure why, but something about it seemed almost familiar to him. Oh well, probably just his mind making up things. It did that sometimes after all, which is why his hobbies included D&D and Bionicles. It was fun making campaign worlds and various odd creatures. For now though, it was time to get sleep. He was hoping he would have a good dream instead of some various odd ones he had sometimes, like being a Demon slayer who hunted demons who had possessed inanimate objects to haunt specific places. Granted, that one wasn't bad, just weird.

In his dream, he had woken up and got up as usual, going to the restroom to take a shower and brush his teeth. He was barely awake though, so he didn't notice until after he had brushed his teeth that something was off. His mane and tail weren't as messy as they usually were, he had an Alice band in said hair, his wings were smaller and more petite, and he looked a lot more feminine. “Is somepony playing a prank on me?” he asked out loud, and he heard his voice. That wasn't his voice, it sounded like Holly Brook's. He kinda panicked and ran back to his room, to look for some indication that this was a prank. He checked his ID, and he checked his various drawers and stuff for his usual clothes. Nope. Instead he had skirts and dresses, and he also had a ton of makeup in his drawers. This was much too elaborate for a prank. He then got the bright idea of doing the simple thing, and just looking between his hind legs. Yep, just as he suspected. He was a she now. She ended up doing her usual routine throughout the day, and her family wasn't shocked at all. Apparently, this was a dream and she had always been a girl here. At least that wasn't too awkward. A little while later, he woke up, and it was fairly early.

He spent a little while thinking about the dream. It was, oddly, rather good. He then thought about his life in general. Some rather girly things had appealed to him throughout his life, but didn't do them because it wasn't masculine. He kept thinking and determined he liked girl's fashion better than guy fashion. Girls got to wear everything guys got to and more, and their clothes were more aesthetically pleasing. Lastly, he simply thought about girls compared to guys. Girls looked better, girls got to do more things, and they just seemed superior for some reason. “Oh Sweet pony princesses. I want to be a girl” he said quietly to himself. No, that wasn't true, he was a straight male right? Right?

He spent the next year and a half denying that he could possibly want to be a girl, and occasionally having more dreams where he was one. He was a guy right? Guys are born guys because they're guys and girls are born girls because they're girls. “But that's wrong. Eclaire was born male but neither of us have any doubt she's female.” he said to himself, and just kept thinking. Sometime after his and Eclaire's 15th birthday he got another letter from her. She had gone through with the spell, become a girl, and was very happy about it. Soaring started asking her questions about the spell. After a couple letters, she told him it would be easier if she just came to him in person and told him. He waited anxiously for that day.

That day, he got things prepared for a proper welcome. He got her balloons and planned to take her out to eat and to a movie. Eventually she appeared, and he gave her the balloons and the biggest hug he could manage. She was a white maned, black coated unicorn pony. Her cutie mark was, what else, a couple of Eclaires. Apparently she was a baker. “Thanks for coming. Could I ask some more questions?” “Sure” she responded with a smile. After so many she asked “Why are you so curious about this now? You could have asked before.” Soaring wasn't sure how to respond. Should he tell her about his doubts or should he just come up with a lie? No, she was his friend and she deserved the truth. “I've kinda been feeling like I might be transsexual too. I'm just not sure yet.” he admitted. Eclaire thought about this for a moment and said “I know how to find out. I'm going to ask you a few questions and you answer them as fast as you can. First, who is cuter, Luna or Celestia.” “Luna easy.” “What's the best movie ever?” “The Princess Bride.” “What is your favorite color” “Blue.” “What's your favorite soft drink?” “Cream soda” and as he responded, he wondered what this had to do with him being a girl or a guy. Nothing seemed like it would actually point one way or another. “Would it be better for you to be a girl or a guy?” “Girl” he responded, and realized what he just said. “There's your answer” Eclaire told him smiling. “I'm not really sure how to respond to this.” he admitted. “Well, you have plenty of time to think about that. For now, let's do something fun.” she suggested. “Alright” he responded, and took her out to eat and to a movie. It was fun, and if Eclaire didn't live all the way in Ponyville, he would probably ask to start going out with her. However, that wasn't practical, and he had this “problem” to deal with.

He started doing research about the spell. It didn't cost all that much, just 50 bits. He already had that in his bag of holding, but there was one problem. He didn't know of anypony nearby capable of casting the spell. He spent about half a year deciding what he should do about it and finally decided. Eclaire was in Ponyville, and the pony who made her a biological girl was also there. He would move there, and wouldn't have to deal with possible persecution from certain parts of his family. He told his parents that he was moving out, though he didn't say why quite yet. He flew to Ponyville, and then sent them a letter back explaining the situation. He got a bunch of letters back a couple days later from various members of his family, immediate and extended. He read the ones from his immediate family first. They understood why he did what he did, and though they didn't like the way he did it, they didn't mind him being transsexual. That seemed to be the response from most of his family, the key word there being “most”. From one branch of his family, he got a bunch of angry letters saying that it was wrong, that he should feel terrible about it, and that if there were an afterlife, he was going to hell for it. Well, that was about what he expected, and he gave the response they should have expected back. It was the same response to every pony who had sent him those letters, and it was only two words.

About a week after moving there, he had built his house out of the clouds, and started getting more familiar with the place. There was a bakery, a farm nearby, a library where he definitely wanted to get a card later, and a dress/makeover shop called Carousel Boutique. He stood outside of the boutique for a while, just looking at it, and said to himself “Not yet.” before moving on to the library. The pony there had her head buried in some book, and was surprised that there was another pony in town that wanted a library card. She had expected the town had run out of ponies looking for books and was relieved to see him. He got the card, a few books that looked interesting, and went on his way, going over to the bakery. After encountering Pinkie Pie, he wasn't sure if this was a mistake or not. At least he was able to convince her not to throw him a party. He didn't like crowds and wanted to avoid ponies as much as possible until he went through with the spell.

He decided a bit later to start hanging out around the library more. Twilight was a fairly interesting pony, even if you sometimes had to drop a brick in front of her to get her to notice gravity. Spike wasn't quite as interesting, but he was a dragon and earned points purely for that fact. Soaring and Twilight became quite good friends after a while, and developed a bit of a brother and sister relationship with each other. Twilight wanted to introduce Soaring to her friends, but he convinced her not to and explained why. Twilight still wanted to, but she understoood.

Well, he spent a while in town and found out Eclaire had moved to Manehatten. That kinda sucked for him, but she told him that the pony who had turned her into a biological girl was still in town, and her name was “Twilight Sparkle.” about a week before his sixteenth birthday. He spent the week being nervous about this and making sure this was what he wanted, and then his birthday came. Yes, of course this is what he wanted. It wasn't that he moved to Ponyville to get it, it wasn't that he had told his family it's what he wanted, and it wasn't that he convinced himself it was what he wanted. He knew this was it, and that would be his birthday present to himself. To stop chickening out and go through with it already. He took a shower, , brushed his teeth, brushed his mane and tail for the first time in a long time, and headed off towards the library.

When he got there, he informed Twilight of the situation. She warned him that it was irreversible, and that it would cost a bit, but he didn't care. He handed over the bits to her, gave her the description of what he looked like in his first dream, and showed her the voice he wanted to have. “You still need a new name.” she informed him. He hadn't really thought about that before. Yeah, Soaring Spark didn't sound all that girly, and he wanted a name that would suit his new form better. Eventually he came to a decision. “I'd like to be called Mystic Muse.” he said, and Twilight got on with the spell. An hour or two later, Soaring Spark was dead and Mystic Muse was born. “There'll be some disorientation, and you probably won't be used to the new form at first. I suggest walking home to get used to it.” she said and sent Mystic on her way.

She indeed was not used to the new form and fell down a few times on the way, but she got the hang of it by the time she got home. She went upstairs to look at herself in the mirror, and she loved the way she looked. Though, it wasn't quite as she imagined it. It was in fact better for several reasons. She looked a lot more fit like this, her features seemed more in proportion, and though she would admit it, she enjoyed her new pert and perky plot. her mane was short. and looked a bit like a human's hair. It hung around her face, though it was held back with a blue Alice band so it didn't get into her eyes, which were now a sky blue. She had a more clean looking cream colored coat, and her tail looked liked it had been properly straightened. She didn't regret this for a second, and she also loved the way she sounded. The only problem was she would have to buy new clothes. She decided to pull out anything she didn't particularly like anymore to sell in order to fund her shopping spree. She went to her room, and decided she would go tomorrow. She dumped out the contents of her bag of holding and sorted through her old clothes. “It shouldn't be too hard to find a few ponies willing to buy this stuff”she thought to herself.

The next day, she set up something along the lines of a yard sale, selling old stuff she would no longer use. A few hats she no longer wore, a couple of old shirts, and a few saddle bags. She even sold a few slices of cherry pie she made. She didn't make a ton, but it would be enough to buy a few more girly articles of clothing, a couple things of makeup, and she'd be able to get her bag redone to be more like a purse. However, she'd soon need more money to live. Her well of funds was about to run dry, and she hadn't gotten a job yet.

Over the next two years, she spent her time doing various odd jobs. She tried working at Sugarcube Corner, but that only lasted a couple days. She simply couldn't handle the insanity that was Pinkie Pie. Later, she spent a bit of time as a masseuse. She picked up the trade, but eventually decided to move on. There were a few creepy ponies coming in for hoof rubs, and she decided it would be best to just move on. She would have worked at the library, but it didn't take in enough money to support her. Twilight was living there on the Princess's dime. Eventually, after trying so many different jobs, and feeling like she wouldn't be useful at the boutique, she came back to what she considered her one and only option.

Sugarcube Corner.

Oh well. At least they had good Dutch Apple Pie, and Pinkie's parties weren't too bad. Maybe she had calmed down in the time Mystic had been away?

“Oh hey! Mystic's back to work with us!” Pinkie said and tacklehugged her during the interview. Well, so much for that vain hope.

The end.

Yes, the mail program is supposed to be the equivalent of something like Giantitp.
    Love it. May I ask, how much of that is ponified real-life events, and how much of it is fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    *Midnight....pouts. Extremely cutely. There might even be some shimmering tears.

"Why does everything I do have to be opposed by everypony? Try to save Momma Luna, everypony gangs up on me to stop me. I try to raise Mask properly, everypony tries to sabotage that. I try to spend time with Shimmer, and somepony is always kidnapping her! Try to take over the world, nearly everypony tries to stop me. And that's not to mention all the times that ponies have tried to harvest my organs whenever I'm a little filly!

Now, when I want to form a cult to have some new friends, all these ponies are getting in the way and trying to crowd me out with their own cults, as soon as I announce mine. *sniff* It's not fair. What did I do to everypony to deserve this? "
    Awww~ *hugs* I'll join your cult.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-08-16 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

"You think this is the first time I've been alive?"
    Fine! Wall-to wall carpeting for the entire palace! And every home in the kingdom will have your mangy hide in there house!

"My name may be Leo, but I'm a lion-pony, not just a lion. Do you really want to join a cult that can't get it's facts straight? How can you trust that they're telling you to worship properly?"

"And my bacon comes straight from the flank of the god of pigs himself. Can't get more divine than that."

Bah, tonberrian, cant you see? This monster casualy mutilates his equals for food!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

*Midnight....pouts. Extremely cutely. There might even be some shimmering tears.

"Why does everything I do have to be opposed by everypony? Try to save Momma Luna, everypony gangs up on me to stop me. I try to raise Mask properly, everypony tries to sabotage that. I try to spend time with Shimmer, and somepony is always kidnapping her! Try to take over the world, nearly everypony tries to stop me. And that's not to mention all the times that ponies have tried to harvest my organs whenever I'm a little filly!

Now, when I want to form a cult to have some new friends, all these ponies are getting in the way and trying to crowd me out with their own cults, as soon as I announce mine. *sniff* It's not fair. What did I do to everypony to deserve this? "
    There's almost no point to looking into the infinite, inhuman mysteries of the universe if the locals don't try to burn the church down every few months. For example:

"Pats on head"
    Child, child, its all right. You did not know what you where getting in to. You did no know that there where other, more established cults in the world, and you thought it was a good idea to start one. Its okay. Now, I have a idea to make you feel better. Earler,I offered you a deal in which you would help my god find a body, and that in return your whole world would be safer and less hostile, along with the gratitude of tens of thousands of other creatures big and small. We offer no real ill will to you, and in fact I think two sides could be better off with each others existance.
    What do you say?
    *douses cloth in lighter fluid*

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Can I make a cult of not being in a cult? Waitaminute..
    Is that like the Voter Apathy Party?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Observation: In most of the humanoid versions of the mane cast, I've noticed a huge trend of making Twilight dark. I don't have a problem with it or anything, I'm just curious if anyone knows how it all started. It's pretty interesting, tbh.
    Might have something to do with her normal color. Purple is by far the darkest color among the main cast. Dark purple can look almost black, even (Twilight's doesn't, obviously, just a general observation about the color).

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Midnight's eye twitches slightly, particularly as she's so condescendingly patted on the head. Her pupils dilate, and the expression on her face ranges somewhere from unhappiness to frustration.

There's a momentary pause.

Her eyes turn green, shifting to catlike irises. Wings of celestial energy flare from her back, and her entire form turns darker, her mane starting to radiate with dark energy.

"Alright, Midnight's brain has shut down from you all, so I'm having to take over for right now. You, Leo, only started doing this when Midnight announced hers, no, you're not a lion, you're a copycat. I'll match all of what you're offering and more. I am also unafraid of this 'Pink One'. And, you, sir, Pokonic are a delusional maniac. How do I know? Because I am the Nightmare you speak of!

You, Hawkflight, Kindablue, you're both awesome. Good for you."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Fine! Wall-to wall carpeting for the entire palace! And every home in the kingdom will have your mangy hide in there house!

Bah, tonberrian, cant you see? This monster casualy mutilates his equals for food!
    "Your god got beat by a rag tag group that just met each other the other day. I join rag tag groups that just met each other the other day."

"Manipulating nothing! Providing divine pork products is it's purpose... And I suppose occasionally answering the prayers of pigs, but if he ever did that job, would bacon be so tasty?"

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Love it. May I ask, how much of that is ponified real-life events, and how much of it is fiction?
    I'm terrible with ratios. Probably 90% fiction 10% truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like his decision and revelation that he wanted to be a her came on rather quickly. I know you said it was about 2+ years to make the choice, but it seemed to me his mind was already made up, he was just looking for the courage to go through with it. Was that what was intended?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the idea that his mind was made up, he just needed the courage to go through with it was what I intended. Yeah, I guess it did come on a little quick, and yes I'm breaking the text and narration up. Wasn't aware it was a problem at first.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-08-16 at 10:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

*Midnight's eye twitches slightly, particularly as she's so condescendingly patted on the head. Her pupils dilate, and the expression on her face ranges somewhere from unhappiness to frustration.

Her eyes turn green, shifting to catlike irises. Wings of celestial energy flare from her back, and her entire form turns darker, her mane starting to radiate with dark energy.

"Alright, Midnight's brain has shut down from you all, so I'm having to take over for right now. You, Leo, only started doing this when Midnight announced hers, no, you're not a lion, you're a copycat. I'll match all of what you're offering and more. I am also unafraid of this 'Pink One'. And, you, sir, Pokonic are a delusional maniac. How do I know? Because I am the Nightmare you speak of!

...And there went all the fun in this little skit.

I'm going to be honest, I like the show, but I'm not really wild about it. The real appeal of it to me is the fandom itself, specifically the love and tolerance we're supposed to espouse. Between this and some passive aggressiveness going on here, I'm really not feeling it right now.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    ...And there went all the fun in this little skit.

I'm going to be honest, I like the show, but I'm not really wild about it. The real appeal of it to me is the fandom itself, specifically the love and tolerance we're supposed to espouse. Between this and some passive aggressiveness going on here, I'm really not feeling it right now.
    I'm sorry, I guess that was more grouchy than I meant for it to get across, it was really meant to be more 'aggressively competitive', you know, the hard sell. I didn't really mean anything negative by it.

I do apologize, and I'll bow out from here. I didn't mean to hurt feelings.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-16 at 10:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

*ponyard looks down from his un-noticed flying fortress.*

What in Celestia's name is going on down there? Are they fighting over cults again? *sigh*

Oh! OH!!! I just finished the plasma drill! Can we test it? PLEASEEEEEE?? Burn them with plasma! Then set everything else on fire!

No... Let the poor misguided fools fight over their cults of meaninglessness... As long as well keep our eyes on the true threat, they can bicker all they want.

Ponyard, The space station is nearly completed. The weapons systems will be offline for a while though.

We aren't moving fast enough...The Anti-ponies will arrive soon...
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry, I guess that was more grouchy than I meant for it to get across, it was really meant to be more 'aggressively competitive', you know, the hard sell.

I do apologize.
    It's not entirely your fault.

I was trying as much as possible to do less bashing of the competitors and more counter offers. Keep it positive, with a little bit of teasing here and a call back to other stuff there. I'm sorry that it got to the point that you started feeling grouchy, and for my part in causing that.

"Still friends?" *offers a hug*
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-16 at 10:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

."

You, Hawkflight, Kindablue, you're both awesome. Good for you
    Hah, fool pony! You are mearly a fraction of the Nightmare! A mere shell of the Queen Of This Worlds true might! Luna was a fool in beliving it would give its all its power! No, Luna was mearly a prospect host, a option for our lord. Unfortunatly,she was contained by that wreched Celestia and the fragment was driven out. You are delusinal to think you are The Nightmare.
    Must agree with you about the cat, however.

"Your god got beat by a rag tag group that just met each other the other day. I join rag tag groups that just met each other the other day."
    So says the pony-cat. And if it took the six heros of legend to beat back a fragment of our lords power, than the fragment of that fragment and a pony with identy issues will be no problem to clean up.

Edit:
    Same here. Sorry if you feel down right now. "Hug?"
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-16 at 10:47 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

*Sigh*

Why must all you cults be so mean. Can't we be friends? *Group hug, but if it doesn't work, just hugs Midnight.*

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

*Sigh*

Why must all you cults be so mean. Can't we be friends? *Group hug, but if it doesn't work, just hugs Midnight.*
    Oooh, tough decision. On one hand, potentially ticking off a reality-warping pony. On the other, adorable ponyhugs.

Silly! Group hugs are always a part of the Party! Because hugs mean friends, and friends mean fun and parties and laughing and cake and games and *trails off into background noise*

Welp. Who am I to argue?

*joins group hug*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    It's not entirely your fault.

I was trying as much as possible to do less bashing of the competitors and more counter offers. Keep it positive, with a little bit of teasing here and a call back to other stuff there. I'm sorry that it got to the point that you started feeling grouchy, and for my part in causing that.

"Still friends?" *offers a hug*
    Yeah, still friends, there's no problems there. And that's what's important, that we can push through stuff like this. Friendship ain't always flowers, unfortunatly sometimes it can get problematic, but friends always push their way through it because it's worth it! *hugs*

*Sigh*

Aww, thank you. *hugs back!*
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-08-16 at 10:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

A cult? Ooh, I want a cult! A cult would be awesome! It wouldn't be one of those lame cults that are all "Ooh, endless night, ooh, sacrifice the living" bull, too! I even came up with a name for it! Right now! The Illuminated Order of the Midnight Mare!
    I'd love to join the Illuminated Order of the Midnight Mare! This will be so awesome! We can hold clandestine cult meetings at midnight with Midnight, and we can get our own super-secret cult book, too!

Plus, this will hopefully get that Applejack Appreciation Association off my back. I go to one meeting and eat some pie there, and now they think I'm a permanent member, or something.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

19. - Top - End - #49

*everything just sort of bubblegum's out... the ground around a small circle... the air... brainwaves of a lot of things*

Now why why why would you be afraid of me me me me.
    My aspect has made it clear clear clear
    Party Party Party
    Cupcakes Cupcakes Cupcakes

Hey guys guess what that ritual kinda worked, even though it's just a temporary-

*balloons erupt from a volcano nearby where there was only flat ground before*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

*group hugs*

Well, hopefully that drama is out of the way, let's go do something I think we can all agree on... Let's plan something horrible to do to Gilda and Blueblood.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

*everything just sort of bubblegum's out... the ground around a small circle... the air... brainwaves of a lot of things*

Now why why why would you be afraid of me me me me.
    My aspect has made it clear clear clear
    Party Party Party
    Cupcakes Cupcakes Cupcakes

Hey guys guess what that ritual kinda worked, even though it's just a temporary-

*balloons erupt from a volcano nearby where there was only flat ground before*
    "Hiss" Ť̹̪͉́̄ͩ͝h̟̙̪͙̮́̾̐e̥͇̓͐͆͗ͦ̐̊̉́ ̸͖̮̘̱̉̿̿ͣ̄ͤͅP̸̫̝̦͍̗̼͇̳ͨ̈́ͧ̂͗͝ͅi̖̜̫̦̞̹̹ͪ͗̽̀ņ̈́̔ͧͬͫ̀́ ̳͓̭̰͖̲k̰̩̩̮͇̰ͭ̅̚͢ ̵̶̫̲͍̀ͩͬ̎ͨO̵͔̯̖̠̮̜̜̜ͤ̏n̰͉̠̼̍ͪ͒͋̅ͧ̚e̸̵͙͍̫ͯͭ!̶̨̰̰͇͊͝ ̱̹͓̹̦ ̠̬̙͖̑͘ͅS̶͔̺̖̟̘̯͓̰̞͂ͫ̈̾͊̑̅̒̽͢h̝͕̩̗ͧ͐͗ẽ̱͚̞͕ͪͮ͘͘ ̬͓̭ ̩̫͍̣̭͉̺̲͋̅C̡̼͓͈̲̝̼̔̅ͫ͢o͐̎͟͏͔͔͕̘̠m̡͕̲̞̿ͬ̀ͦ̈́ẽ̵͖́ͬs ͓͔͚̭̓͋̌͡!̵̨̯̝̘͚̱̫͚̔ͨ̋̐͛͘
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Hi new thread!

To answer I think... Erikun's question from the last thread, I thought the title Cross Purposes might be too blunt. Glad it got approval; it's the working title at least.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

23. - Top - End - #53

For the record, my next offer was going to be 'Every pony who joins the Illuminated Order of the Midnight Mare gets a copy of 'The Book'. You know, the one that helped my Mommas give birth to me.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Hi new thread!

To answer I think... Erikun's question from the last thread, I thought the title Cross Purposes might be too blunt. Glad it got approval; it's the working title at least.
    Just curious, but is that a pun or something? I feel like I've at least heard the phrase before, but I can't for the life of me remember where.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Leo grins mischievously. "Speaking of books, can the Ship Note cause relationships that will make both parties miserable, but unable to end the relationship?"

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Leo grins mischievously. Speaking of books, can the Ship Note cause relationships that will make both parties miserable, but unable to end the relationship?
    For once the cat-pony has a interesting question. I to wish to know the exact abilitys of that little,wonderful book.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-08-16 at 11:05 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

For once the cat-pony has a interesting question. I to wish to know the exact abilitys of thet little,wonderful book.
    "I'm a Simhata. Sim-Ha-Ta."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Unfortunately, it's midnight for Midnight, and sleep takes president over shipnoting or the unholy abomination entering this world to try and give me a drubbing, so, g'night, everypony.

29. - Top - End - #59

For once the cat-pony has a interesting question. I to wish to know the exact abilitys of that little,wonderful book.
    You fool, once it is given stats, it can be killed!

Edit:
    Unfortunately, it's midnight for Midnight, and sleep takes president over shipnoting or the unholy abomination entering this world to try and give me a drubbing, so, g'night, everypony.
    So... our first cult meeting will have to wait then?

Goodnight, and may visions of ponies dance through your dreams.
    Last edited by Vent Reynolt; 2011-08-16 at 11:13 PM.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm terrible with ratios. Probably 90% fiction 10% truth?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the idea that his mind was made up, he just needed the courage to go through with it was what I intended. Yeah, I guess it did come on a little quick, and yes I'm breaking the text and narration up. Wasn't aware it was a problem at first.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I liked it. I would suggest adding in something before the mail program that got Soaring initially thinking about transsexualism, though--or how he was first introduced to it. It doesn't have to be a life changing event; something like an innocuous conversation with someone about it might work.

Yeah, still friends, there's no problems there. And that's what's important, that we can push through stuff like this. Friendship ain't always flowers, unfortunatly sometimes it can get problematic, but friends always push their way through it because it's worth it! *hugs*
    No fire then? Fine, but this book better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Hi new thread!

Cross Purposes?