New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant II

[Comm Center]

This call isn't coming from any cell phone or such it comes from a special one given to Zefir by the remant.

"I want to report in. Rot one of the AMEN members plans to blew up some buildings in inside."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Reception

Niles notices, and mistakes her amusement. "It's really a shame they dance so poorly, isn't it?"
    Well... I wouldn't really know... I don't really know how to dance..."

Rose blushes a little at this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

Wenomir looks at the dancing people, then at KR. Then back at the dancers and back at KR. He looks as if he's mulling something over, which is hard to tell with his typically deadpan expression and pupil-less eyes. He scratches his chin, takes a deep breath and asks her, having a feeling just about anything can happen in response: Would you like to dance?

Reelshka and Brinika are sitting away from the dancers and eating cake. They don't really have anyone to talk to. Brinika is trying to spy someone she knows in the crowd, though. Or rather, Caretaker is doing it for her as he can hover above people's heads whereas she sees mostly people's legs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Comm Center]

Amil quirks an eyebrow slightly. As usual the message is being recorded for quality control! Or something.

Maybe to make sure the people listening don't miss any important details?

Speaking of details, a few of those would be really great right now.

"The AMEN member Rot is planning to blow up some buildings Inside?" Amil repeats back to make sure she heard that right. Strikes her as kind of odd. From what she's heard about the vampire he seems more like the sort to eat people. Not the sort to blow up random buildings. That would spill a lot of blood he wouldn't be able to nom. Regardless...

"Can you please be more specific... Zefir was it? Which buildings is Rot going to be blowing up? And when?"

Knowing that something will explode somewhere Inside really isn't very useful information.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Comm Center

The Twi'lek next to Amil tilts her head at the message and pulls out a small binder, opening it and pointing down to Zefir's name, in a list of potential moles and turncoats. She gives Amil a slight encouraging nod, to tell him to keep talking.

Reception Hall

Vasquez smirks a bit at Jake's reply. "You don't need to worry. I have extra you can take with you if necessary." She tells him before leaning in to kiss his cheek. "Or a shower if you'd prefer." She whispers.

Carl takes the moment that Sunny is talking to Grace to go and get a few chairs and drag them closer to the gifts, getting it ready so they can open them soon.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Well... I wouldn't really know... I don't really know how to dance..."

Rose blushes a little at this...
    "I can teach you. But you'll have to trust me." Niles says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

"I can teach you. But you'll have to trust me." Niles says.
    Rose nods. "All right."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

"First, you have to close your eyes, and feel the music."
    Niles says. "Not just hear it. You need to let everything about it reach into you. And don't rush it. Take as long as it takes."

Charity sees Bugs standing by himself and walks over to him. "It's good to see you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose closes her eyes... and tries to do as Niles says. It might take a little bit of time, but eventually, she gets it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

"Now keep your eyes closed, and let your body move." Niles says, his voice a seductive whisper that works with the music. And, this is where the trust part comes in--he is running her hands down her body and guiding her movements.

It's completely up to you whether Rose is aware that Twi'leks are known for their mastery of sensual dance.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

Jeremy dances with Shawna for a long time, eyes closed and simply enjoying the feel of having her close.

Bugs gives a slight smile to Charity as he stirs his drink, knowing that she meant that it was nice seeing that he was still here at Remnant at all. "As with you, Miss Evans. Still thinking about your offer?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

"Now keep your eyes closed, and let your body move." Niles says, his voice a seductive whisper that works with the music. And, this is where the trust part comes in--he is running her hands down her body and guiding her movements.

It's completely up to you whether Rose is aware that Twi'leks are known for their mastery of sensual dance.
    Rose may know that, but she doesn't mind.

She'll dance with him, and probably quite enjoy it.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Reception
    Bugs gives a slight smile to Charity as he stirs his drink, knowing that she meant that it was nice seeing that he was still here at Remnant at all. "As with you, Miss Evans. Still thinking about your offer?"
    "The offer is still open." Charity says. "Or it will be, after I've slept for three days straight."

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Rose may know that, but she doesn't mind.

She'll dance with him, and probably quite enjoy it.
    As long as she stays present in the moment, and in the music, and follows his lead, she will dance quite beautifully - though not as well as Niles. When she's settled into the dance, he'll tell her she can open her eyes, and she'll probably find that the two of them are being ogled by some of the non-robotic guests (and possibly some of the Magbots too - you never know with them!)

It's possible that the only person in the room who can match a Twi'lek dancer is Wolfy. Hmm... wonder what he's up to?

Elsewhere, Sunny joins Carl at the table, giggling happily and tipsily, and then waves at Caretaker and the goblins. Caretaker may find himself affected by Sunny's alcohol intake and start behaving erratically, but happily.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Jeremy dances with Shawna for a long time, eyes closed and simply enjoying the feel of having her close.
    Shawna also completely loses track of time, a genuine, broad and happy smile on her face throughout the dance, slowly becoming more natural in her movements as the night wears on.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Once she opens her eyes, she smiles at him. "...thanks."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Halfling in the Playground

Reception Hall

Ordo's sitting a couple tables away from the newly-weds, watching Niles dance with Rose. The psion sips from a champagne glass, grumbling, "Lucky bastard..." Ah, if only he'd brought a date. But it's not like there's women jumping on him over at NO, and Ordo's never been much of a social butterfly.

Still, bored out of his skull and rarely in the mood to eat, he decides to look around for any other lonely people.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Comm Center]

Amil quirks an eyebrow slightly. As usual the message is being recorded for quality control! Or something.

Maybe to make sure the people listening don't miss any important details?

Speaking of details, a few of those would be really great right now.

"The AMEN member Rot is planning to blow up some buildings Inside?" Amil repeats back to make sure she heard that right. Strikes her as kind of odd. From what she's heard about the vampire he seems more like the sort to eat people. Not the sort to blow up random buildings. That would spill a lot of blood he wouldn't be able to nom. Regardless...

"Can you please be more specific... Zefir was it? Which buildings is Rot going to be blowing up? And when?"

Knowing that something will explode somewhere Inside really isn't very useful information.
    Comm Center

Zefir knews that the remant has much trick calls that's why he keeps his firs sentence simple to give enougth informations to decide if they are important or not.

"AMEN discussed about there point of view through the people and they decide that AMEN was more quiet than befor. Rot noticed that and tried to solve it by a slaugther. Another guest, MAgtok is his name, asked Rot to blew up some buildings."

A discription of the buildings follow. The location includes a orphanage.

"I offered Rot a bag of explosives and for now he took them. Don't worry they were part of my plan. The explosives are easy to diable and I added a GPS signal so you will easily find them. Don't think it was a bad idea, if I haven't ofered them they would clearly use some strage Magtock tech or Magic, which seem to be less deniable then my explosives."

He will then describe how to refude the bombs. Open the chasi cut the blue wire. That's all

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Reception]

Now that KR is at the wedding, Wenomir is also there. His player has been disregarding him in favor of his other two characters at the event, the cad. Unlike KR, he looks much like usual, except his armor has been polished to a shine and his surcoat is clean and pressed. His hair is also held together by a silver ring that he got from somewhere instead of a simle leather strap like usual. Luckily enough, Bast spared Remnant the effort of disarming him by taking his sword down with her.
    Sadly, Wenomir probably gets ignored at first. Not on purpose. KR's just sort of... spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaced ooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

[Reception]

Wenomir looks at the dancing people, then at KR. Then back at the dancers and back at KR. He looks as if he's mulling something over, which is hard to tell with his typically deadpan expression and pupil-less eyes. He scratches his chin, takes a deep breath and asks her, having a feeling just about anything can happen in response: Would you like to dance?
    This gets KR's attention sharpish, though. She looks at him in surprise.
    "You know how to dance?"

[Comm Center]

Bob Care was there, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

[Reception]

Wenomir rubs the back of his head.
    Well... sort of. I learned how to do it a long time ago. I probably still remember something. Besides, when it comes down to it, it's not all that different from fighting.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #230

[Comm Room]

GPS on the detonators?

Well.

That's certainly helpful. Provided that, "So the bombs are broadcasting their present location?" Amil asks for clarity. "Well, give us the frequency and we'll be able to track them on our end. Thank you for the information."

A beat.

"And please repeat, did you say that Magtok was the one who encouraged this demolition project? The Magtok with all the clones?"

As in, y'know, the Magtok at the reception this very instant? Because if that's the case...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Remnant II

Reception

"You might get feathers in the food. If you go in the food prep areas, you need something to cover them."
    Elias says.
    Rahona nods and looks back at the party.

"So I should actually either go ta the party or getta shirt? Thanks, hun!"

Waving cheerfully at Elias, the time-travelling bird girl hurries to the party area and looks around for fun and dancing. Even if you have no idea who anyone is, dancing is always an option.

Friend, meanwhile, has wisely placed himself on the other side of the Reception area and is searching for cake. He's beginning to think that he may need to eat more than once a month.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Comm Room]

Zefir goves over the signal.

"Yep that Magtok. The one with the firm and all the clones. Seemingly he wants to increase his ground."

23. - Top - End - #233

Reception - Magbot
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Reception Hall]

Amil is use to a fairly high-energy form of dance. Mostly because she was originally lifted from a 1920s era version of Earth. But since this is a wedding the dance is a little slower...

Has to keep things within reason.

"So you assumed it was pink because it wasn't happy when you called it blue?"
    Amil inquires incredulously. "Isn't it possible it could have been... any other color besides blue?"

Maybe this is just a unicorn thing she doesn't understand.

Ah well.

"Did you ever catch it again?"

"Weeeeell, we were going to try asking it if it was orange, but then Magtok came in and told us to stop wasting time with the stupid pink unicorn and get back to poking and probing, so we just sorta stopped there."

It frowns uncertainly at the second question.

"...Maybe? JU-1358 says he found it, but that Magtok went and put it in a room we're not authorized to go near and told him he did a really good job and stuff. He always lies, though. He loves to exaggerate and one-up anything anyone else says with completely outrageous lies, so I dunno."

Reception - Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reception

Edijar just smirks as he dances with Magtok, enjoying the moment, as foolish as it were. He knew he had the crowd's attention at least.

Magtok continues to dance about, whispering a few words in Eddy's ear as they go along. To everyone else, it probably looks way more sultry and seductive than the poor cyborg intended. "I just want to remind you, in case anyone at all mentions this later on, that this was all your idea. Totally all yours, and I was just being gracious and polite and stuff by going along with it." He scowls momentarily, before putting on his best poker face and playing along once more.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-09-06 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #234

[Comm Room]

Woo, continuity split!

"Alright. I'll relay your message," Amil replies. "Is there anything else you want to divulge?"

Like what your favorite flavor of ice cream is!

[Reception]

Continuity cries in a corner as Amil exists in two places at the same time in the same thread.

"Sounds about like Magtok. Hey, it's been nice chatting with you. But I need to get back to my shift. Someone has to answer the 'Oh gods help me!' line when people call in about giant crabs breaking down their door after all."

Those horrible crabs.

25. - Top - End - #235

[Comm Room]

Zefir makes a mental facepalm,why does he have to talk to the new ones.

"No." he just repeats.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reception]

Wenomir rubs the back of his head.
    Well... sort of. I learned how to do it a long time ago. I probably still remember something. Besides, when it comes down to it, it's not all that different from fighting.
    [Reception]

"Oh, uh... I... wasn't expecting that, honestly." Says KR, blushing.
    "I've never danced before."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

Edijar smirks and spins Magtok a bit, turning to look over the Lord's shoulder at Charity. His hand runs down Magtok's back before giving him a squeeze as he whispers a reply. "We've got a problem. Come quietly, we need to talk." He says in a completely serious tone.

Bugs, next to Charity, just looks at her with a raised eyebrow, wondering what she's done to Edijar to get him to do such a thing.

Carl gives Sunny a worried glance. "Sunny, how much have you had to drink?" He asks, trying to think back to figure how much she's had. Hopefully it wasn't too much as they were both lightweights when it comes to alcohol.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Reception

Charity giggles. Despite her difficulty with monogamy, Charity wasn't particularly kinky. She had no wish to have more than one person in bed with her at a time, and certainly had no wish for Edijar to discover he was bi-curious. "Oh, don't worry. He's just punishing Magtok for all the trouble he causes," she says by way of explanation to Bugs, having no idea that Magtok is in the middle of making more trouble as they speak.

"Two glasses," Sunny says, with the complete conviction of someone who trusts numbers completely. Two glasses of champagne should not contain enough alcohol to get a healthy adult this tipsy. But Sunny didn't know how many times those glasses had been refilled without her noticing.

"You're welcome," Niles says to Rose. He looks around, and sees the members of his unit gathering. "Oooh, we're giving our gift to the Boss. Want to come along?"

Friend will find much cake. Oh so much cake.

Jake is at a bit of a loss at how to respond to Vasquez's forwardness, but isn't complaining at all. He's still completely amazed that he's here, dancing with the most beautiful woman in the room, and that she's willing to accept him, despite his curse.

Perhaps some of the dateless people in the room, such as Ordo, Rahona, Reelshka, Friend, and Brinika should talk to each other!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose nods, smiling. "All right."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #240

Reception

Magtok blinks. That's definitely not the sort of reply he was expecting from Ed. What's going on? How is he in any way relevant to it? Is it really that big of a deal that it warrants dragging him quietly away from the reception. Is it the AMEN thing?

"This had better be pretty damn important, Ed." He mutters with a scowl he quickly puts on, to mask any doubts or fear he might have. Oh gods, it's the AMEN thing, isn't it? Short of some pressing need to commandeer the MagSat to catch someone doing something terrible, he can't think of anything he'd be tied to that could warrant this sort of abrupt and brusque behavior. Best get his story together in his head now, while he still can. It's not like he can say no to Edijar and just leave, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi