New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I don't even really know what that entire blog post was about, and I just read it for the second time
    I don't really understand it either. Really, I should have gone to bed like, an hour ago. *Vandal Savage Electric Gauntlet facepalm*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: August's Pink Plushy and Phantasmagorically Random Banter Thread #166

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I don't really understand it either. Really, I should have gone to bed like, an hour ago. *Vandal Savage Electric Gauntlet facepalm*
    Also, have a good night. Also, Vandal Savage seems like Adam Arclight. Someone awesome that I don't know who is.

Also, concerning the thing we don't understand, I wouldn't mind having it explained in a different environment, if only to sate my curiosity.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm a little confused myself, although either way, it's good to stick up for your beliefs even under fire from so many others. I commend you, Dragonprime.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

4. - Top - End - #634

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I found the post! 11 comments is nothing though. I was expecting hundreds of anonymous hatreds! Should I be linking to it or no? Someone tell meee!

I remember, there was a VERY stupid commercial for a Wii "game". Suffice to say, it was hilarious, and had a Dante's Inferno add appear at the end. Almost wish the game was real.
    Was any of that supposed to make sense? I'm so confused. What did that have to do with Dante's Inferno?

It's like an entirely different article, even.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-08-21 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #635

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Was any of that supposed to make sense? I'm so confused. What did that have to do with Dante's Inferno?

It's like an entirely different article, even.
    None of it was related to Dante's Inferno, that was just two conversations XP

6. - Top - End - #636
    Firbolg in the Playground

None of it was related to Dante's Inferno, that was just two conversations XP
    It's in there via extremely clever subtext and subliminal messaging. You can expect to feel an overwhelming urge to purchase Dante's Inferno, while I can expect to receive my paycheck from the makers of the game.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    It's in there via extremely clever subtext and subliminal messaging. You can expect to feel an overwhelming urge to purchase Dante's Inferno, while I can expect to receive my paycheck from the makers of the game.
    And I just sit here with my printing press selling Divina Commedia Board Games and convincing Sony to bundle them with the game while money rolls in.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-21 at 11:40 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

8. - Top - End - #638

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    And I just sit here with my printing press selling Divina Commedia Board Games and convincing Sony to bundle them with the game while money rolls in.
    You know, once you make that game, you should show it off, atleast to me. It seems pretty interesting.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

You know, once you make that game, you should show it off, atleast to me. It seems pretty interesting.
    I'll try to take a picture of it in play and upload the pngs which will get printed.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

10. - Top - End - #640

You've got a Divine Comedy boardgame?

*fanboy mode engage*

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

You've got a Divine Comedy boardgame?

*fanboy mode engage*

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!
    Very soon, should be ready for the 2nd of September.
    I'll crunch on Wednesday for the Virtual Layout and Print and paste on Friday.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-21 at 11:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #642

Very soon, should be ready for the 2nd of September.
    I'll crunch on Wednesday for the Virtual Layout and Print and paste on Friday.
    araveugnitsuga, for this great deed you might quite possibly be the best man ever. You deserve a trophy...and a small island nation of your own to rule. You have no idea how happy the Divine Comedy fanboy in me is.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #643
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

And now for something completely different!

Yesterday morning at 6AM precisely (Eastern Daylight Time), Nicholas Ethan came forth unto the world and made me a grandpappy a second time. Both Mom and Lad are well.

Just felt like sharing.
    -----------------------------

August, how complex will this game be? How many players will it support? How long do you expect it to take to play one game? Any chance we could try to play it for the Baltimore area meetup in October?
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

14. - Top - End - #644

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post

Yesterday morning at 6AM precisely (Eastern Daylight Time), Nicholas Ethan came forth unto the world and made me a grandpappy a second time. Both Mom and Lad are well.

Just felt like sharing.
    Hooray for Zeb! Maybe it's just me, but the times I see you post, they seem so youthfull and full of vigor, sometimes I have a hard time accepting you've got children old enough to have children XP

At any rate, congrats!

15. - Top - End - #645

Just felt like sharing.

August, how complex will this game be? How many players will it support? How long do you expect it to take to play one game? Any chance we could try to play it for the Baltimore area meetup in October?
    Grandkids? That's awesome. Congratulations!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

16. - Top - End - #646
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Hooray for Zeb! Maybe it's just me, but the times I see you post, they seem so youthfull and full of vigor, sometimes I have a hard time accepting you've got children old enough to have children XP

At any rate, congrats!
    Why thank you! In fairness, I cheated and started early. My daughter was born while I was in high school. This is not the recommended course of action. Although, even if I'd waited until I was 20, she'd still be old enough to be having her own kids, just not as old as she is now (and probably not on her second one already).

Grandkids? That's awesome. Congratulations!
    And thank you too! It's true, that thing under my name, it is not just wishful thinking.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Just felt like sharing.

Congrajubilations!

Oh, and I'm reading your blog, Dragonprime. A lot of it is interesting, but some stuff is just over my head. Because I'm Lutheran, not Catholic.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

18. - Top - End - #648

Why thank you! In fairness, I cheated and started early. My daughter was born while I was in high school. This is not the recommended course of action. Although, even if I'd waited until I was 20, she'd still be old enough to be having her own kids, just not as old as she is now (and probably not on her second one already).
    Haha, wow. Well, I hope you live to see Great Grandchildren, Zeb. To life! *clinks everpressent wineglass which is secretly a bowl of cereal*

19. - Top - End - #649

Guys, never watch Passage to India. Ever. I watched it yesterday and it took me this long to actually calm down enough that I could post here again.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650

NecromancerGuy

From what? Fear? Excitement? Giddiness? Squick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #651

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    From what? Fear? Excitement? Giddiness? Squick?
    Anger.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Guys, never watch Passage to India. Ever. I watched it yesterday and it took me this long to actually calm down enough that I could post here again.
    What's it about?
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    What's it about?
    Two British ladies in the Edwardian era and their time in India.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Two British ladies in the Edwardian era and their time in India.
    I figured it would have something to do with the British Raj, based on the title and your reaction. Not a pleasant time for India.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think I'll be watching that movie.

ION: Latest in the "My sister has serious issues" series: She just bit me in the arm because she couldn't throw her paper airplane properly. No, I'm not kidding.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

26. - Top - End - #656

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    I don't think I'll be watching that movie.

ION: Latest in the "My sister has serious issues" series: She just bit me in the arm because she couldn't throw her paper airplane properly. No, I'm not kidding.
    Did you get your rabies shot? I'd suggest you do.

27. - Top - End - #657

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    ... How old is your sister, exactly? I could see something that stupid coming from a 5 or 6 year old who's just high on energy.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you get your rabies shot? I'd suggest you do.
    My school health records don't say anything about rabies. Maybe I should check with my doctor.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

Just felt like sharing.
    Nice, an exact time. I was born at around 11:40-ish. Congratulations! (Also, wow, I didn't think you were that old. ) My dad is probably older though than you though.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-22 at 03:39 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    ... How old is your sister, exactly? I could see something that stupid coming from a 5 or 6 year old who's just high on energy.
    Now, see, that's what you get for ninjaing me. I ignore your post.

And she's 12.