New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Don't forget frog-breeding and forge-bringing. Those two also seem to be a constant that we know of.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-11-18 at 07:52 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Don't forget frog-breeding and forge-bringing. Those two also seem to be a constant that we know of.
    Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session WILL have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.
    Last edited by Fayd; 2011-11-18 at 09:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    13. May be part of the ways this universe is being prepped to handle the game better, aside from the obvious stuff Crockercorp is doing to familiarize the players with game functions before they ever start.
    Interestingly, this is something we could have deduced way ahead of time from a purely in-universe perspective. We've known for a while that the kids' session started early, because Jack Noir totally ****ed up the script and started hitting the meteor swarms as soon as he possibly could instead of at the very end like the Black King normally does.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

That curmudgeonly Strider!

I'm hoping that Strider will be just as awesome as Beta!Bro is. Because, seriously. BADASS.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inyssius Tor View Post
    Interestingly, this is something we could have deduced way ahead of time from a purely in-universe perspective. We've known for a while that the kids' session started early, because Jack Noir totally ****ed up the script and started hitting the meteor swarms as soon as he possibly could instead of at the very end like the Black King normally does.
    Can we deduce that? Skaia portals time warp. We know that because the frog temple ends up 413 million years in the past. I think that regardless of when the reckoning starts inside the Sburb session, the meteors arrive on earth at preset moments.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well I live in England. I'm pretty sure it's only illegal for minors to drink in pubs and such, you can get utterly smashed in your own home, with parental permission.
    ...I think. I don't drink, so I dunno.
    Yeah that's not legal for a 15 year old lol. I mean, you'd get away with it, but it's not legal. It is legal, however, to drink cider, perry or mead in a pub at the age of 16, if you are eating a meal and accompanied by an adult

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

So.

Hussie has made Jake at once full of MANGRIT and adorable.

Hussie, you magnificent bastard...
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session MIGHT have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.

Fixed that for you, until the titles of the scratchkids are revealed we really can't say.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Banned

I had a scary thought, besides syncing up the comic with real time, the kid's being older makes me wonder if the pre-scratch troll ancestors were younger than the troll players when it was their turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session WILL have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.
    The best we can do right now is Occam's Razor, with what we're presented right now, those are a Space players duties each session. Speaking of Space players, what duties does the hero of time carry besides his/her planet containing the scratch mechanism? The best I can think of is to prevent null sessions and mistakes with their time traveling abilities (like Aradia did).

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

So, the Kids are the grandparents of the Alphas. And Jake has been talking to them?

Weird
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

11. - Top - End - #761
    Banned

Only two of the kids are grandparents, the rest are a generation away. Also, Jake seems to think he's sending the bunny to Jade in the current universe since he mentions them being in the early 20th century.

12. - Top - End - #762

NecromancerGuy

In the Alpha universe, Jane and co. are the kids and John & co. are the guardians. In the Beta universe (the one we started with), it's the other way around. They aren't the same kids/guardians in each universe, it's two separate instances of both (like how Spades Slick and Jack Noir are two separate instances of the same game construct, but are not the same person). Post-Scratch (aka Alpha universe) John was Jane's (aka post scratch / Alpha universe nana's) popop, and is long deceased (as was pre scratch / Beta universe's Nana / Jane, at the start of the comic). The original universe John that will soon be entering into Jane's universe is a separate person; or at least a separate instance of the same person.

Jake (aka post-scratch Grandpa) has been communicating with Jade (aka pre-scratch Grandma, though we haven't yet seen her post-scratch incarnation, presumably currently dead and stuffed, though we don't know that yet), though he doesn't seem to know he's communicating with an alternate universe version of his Grandmother, he seems to think he's talking to a past version of his post-scratch grandmother.

Most likely also, the kids and guardians of post-scratch Earth are the babies created ectobiologicaly by John in pre-scratch Earth, while the original characters and their guardians in pre-scratch Earth would have been created ectobiologically by Jade at some point during their upcoming session - extrapolating from the similar circumstances of the trolls and their ancestors and their pre-scratch-troll-universe incarnations. Confusingly, this would require alternate universal instances not only of the infants, but also of the items they carried with them through the meteors. Unlikely as that sounds, though, we've already seen several of the alternate versions of the items (Jane's bunnies - gifted from Jake and Lalonde who received them as heirlooms from post-scratch Jade and Rose respectively, Jake's flintlock pistols, Jane's copy of Sassacre's text inherited from poppop, Cal - glimpsed briefly in the opening flash of act 6), so all still seems to be in place for that eventuality.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. It's very simple and straight forward.

In any event, I'm loving act 6 so far. I've been looking forward to it so much, and I'm loving the new characters, esp. Lalonde. I hope we have a good chunk of time to get to know them before the extra-universal cavalry arrive.
    Last edited by Sception; 2011-11-19 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    The best we can do right now is Occam's Razor, with what we're presented right now, those are a Space players duties each session. Speaking of Space players, what duties does the hero of time carry besides his/her planet containing the scratch mechanism? The best I can think of is to prevent null sessions and mistakes with their time traveling abilities (like Aradia did).
    Well, the thing is, Jade is taking her planet and herself into the Alpha Incipisphere.

wait... the Alpha.... HUSSIE YOU CLEVER MAN. Sorry, sidetracked. Where was I? Jade is bringing herself and her planet. SBURB/Skaia may not make a space player simply on the virtue that one exists in the incipisphere already. More freedom to use other (possibly necessary) roles.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Banned

There isn't a space planet in the incisiphere already i don't think Sburb works like that and it is mostly based on conjecture. You not only keep using words that suggest possibility and at the same time you are saying things with a sense of inevitability, or...I don't know like your sure it will happen (and if it will you never cited it).

@Malisteen: That was a really complicated way of repeating what I just said. And I think we've already been over all that anyway.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

New Modus!

Spoiler
    Show
    So... wow...I was impressed by the first view of the Puzzle Modus, Which by itself looked like it could rival the Wallet Modus, but whatever that thing in the middle is, it's clearly both big and important. Although having that much space does kind of take the "Puzzle" out of it otherwise.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Banned

Not really since he has to maneuver them to fit and their sizes are relative to how big they are. It makes me wonder if there will be any Weird Puzzle Sh*t in this act. That thing looks like an appearifier terminal of some sort, probably to send that Bunny through time and space, it must be the Transmaterializer.

Oh hey, he has a Husktop!
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2011-11-19 at 11:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Barbarian in the Playground

I wonder where he got that husktop...
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

So. Jake and Vriska. Hmm.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

19. - Top - End - #769
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    So. Jake and Vriska. Hmm.
    So, apparently you can inherit crushes (from another reality, if you are an ectoslime paradox baby), who knew?

[That or she has been talking into his dreams]
    offical catalogger of all the reasons why single word spells should not take more than one page for the fanclub

"and now for something totaly different"
    "go grace!"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what do you think the relevance of the spider-girl stuff is?

...Oh wait, Vriksa. Stupid, stupid... uh, I mean awesome Vriksa! Cool!

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Fixed that for you, until the titles of the scratchkids are revealed we really can't say.
    No. Wrong. As the post you modified pointed out--before you modified it, at least--this session will have a Space player and Space planet. Jade is going to participate in this session. That means this session will contain a Space player. Jade is going to bring her session's planets with her. That means this session will contain a Space planet.

Whether the SBURB mechanism is clever enough to take this into account, now, that's a different question. I suspect it is.

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    So, the Kids are the grandparents of the Alphas. And Jake has been talking to them?

Weird
    Surely you haven't forgotten the setup of the original universe? It's exactly like that, with the generations reversed.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2011-11-20 at 12:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Surely you haven't forgotten the setup of the original universe? It's exactly like that, with the generations reversed.
    Man, the amount of time-travel convolutions that went on in getting the Kids situated is ridiculous -- and I like convoluted time-travel stories.

I need some sort of Time Loop Schematic to better visualize how it was all set up
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Editor and playtester for Legend.

25. - Top - End - #775

I'll just leave this here...
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    So, what do you think the relevance of the spider-girl stuff is?

...Oh wait, Vriksa. Stupid, stupid... uh, I mean awesome Vriksa! Cool!
    Can't keep a good spider troll dead. The question is whether Jake will be attracted to Vriska herself through some kind of universe shenanigans, or whether Marquis Spinneret Mindfang will somehow put in a personal appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    I think that might be oversimplifying a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Rapture View Post
    Argh it's everywhere! Run while you still can!
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

No. Wrong. As the post you modified pointed out--before you modified it, at least--this session will have a Space player and Space planet. Jade is going to participate in this session. That means this session will contain a Space player. Jade is going to bring her session's planets with her. That means this session will contain a Space planet.

Until we know the titles of the Scratch kids we can not say that Jade will be the player of Space in their session! the titles of the Jane and co still have not been revealed, and my well be exactly the same of their pre-scratch counterparts.

Think of it like this. I'm watching you play a video game i have already played and completed, occasionally i give you helpful advice or hints, or maybe even take the controller away from you to get you past that really hard part you've been stuck on for half an hour. In this way i am still participating in the game, but i am not actually a player of it. It is entirely possible this is exactly the role John and co will play in Jane's session, offering advice and combat training/support to ensure they succeed, but not being counted as official players by the game itself.

Now yes, assuming Jade does make it to the Kid's inconsphere (Let me remind you she was merely flying between two fourth walls and exiting who-knows-exactly-when-or-were then there will technically be a space planet and player in the game. this does NOT mean she and her planet will be the ONLY ones in the game. it is entirely possible that Jake and HIS planet will be the NATIVE space representatives.

I am not saying this is how it WILL be, i am saying this is how it MIGHT be. I am not saying you are WRONG i am just saying you MIGHT be wrong. never once have i ever said "X will be Y no exceptions" in this thread. i have always said it MAY be, it will POSSIBLY be, or it is LIKELY to be. If you can't accept the possibility that you might be wrong, then that's your problem not mine.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Argh it's everywhere! Run while you still can!
    I'm not sure you're aware who has the pony avatar here.
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

29. - Top - End - #779
    Banned

*snip*
    YESSSS! We need moar crossovers!

skip to 0:59

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure you're aware who has the pony avatar here.
    It's not the pony, it's the fact that I'm part of anti-Trixie coalition in the heal/hurt thread.

@Draconi Redfir
    We know Jane's title is "life" and we know that at least UU is aware of the coming of the pre-scratch four kids.
    Coppied from her pesterlog:
    "
    UU:patience for yoUr growth as a hero of life.
    UU:and patience for the coming of the other foUr of legend.
    UU:a hero of breath and of light and of time and of space
    "

So the session is probably aware of those 5 types since UU says they'll be coming.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes