New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 23: YO MAMA never called me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Updated member list would probably look like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dipsnig Razortooth (Leader) (Morty)
    CB (Lieutenant) (Lost Deep)
    Kirk Locke (Lieutenant) (Gulaghar)
    Ordo (Lieutenant) (Murkus)
    Bianca (Lex-Kat)
    Vincent (Reinholdt)
    Caroline (Lex-Kat)
    Roxie & Pets (happyturtle, Wolfbane, Vampire Rot)
    Trix (Darklord Bright)
    Eshter (Gulaghar)
    Cornelia (Murkus)
    Ashley (Dark Apprentice)

I might be forgetting someone. If any of the characters I struck from the list do show up, they can be added back easily.
    There's Nero, unless he was fired.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Updated member list would probably look like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dipsnig Razortooth (Leader) (Morty)
    CB (Lieutenant) (Lost Deep)
    Kirk Locke (Lieutenant) (Gulaghar)
    Ordo (Lieutenant) (Murkus)
    Bianca (Lex-Kat)
    Vincent (Reinholdt)
    Caroline (Lex-Kat)
    Roxie & Pets (happyturtle, Wolfbane, Vampire Rot)
    Trix (Darklord Bright)
    Eshter (Gulaghar)
    Cornelia (Murkus)
    Ashley (Dark Apprentice)

I might be forgetting someone. If any of the characters I struck from the list do show up, they can be added back easily.
    Don't forget Reginald!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Right, added.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry I haven't been on much, today. Let's see what's been going on...

Fanservice at umbrella... Continuity snarl at GLoG... a thing at NO... Trog stuff at Trog's. Now, what do I want to get into?

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on much, today. Let's see what's been going on...

Fanservice at umbrella... Continuity snarl at GLoG... a thing at NO... Trog stuff at Trog's. Now, what do I want to get into?
    It's one of their lesser known products.
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

So, Lost Deep, where is your dealer located? I can handwave Dorota having heard about him/her, but I need to know something myself first.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shadowy corner, Trog's. The dealer has struck a few deals with some NPCs, so Dorota may have overheard one of them talking about it.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

I should upgrade Randall or Re3d from NPC to character and throw them into Umbrella.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    I should upgrade Randall or Re3d from NPC to character and throw them into Umbrella.
    Doooooooo Itttttttt!
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #250

Pokes to all people in the AMEN Plot at Random plots.

11. - Top - End - #251

Maybe you could repost your last post in the Orc Fortress plot? Cause I for one can't find it.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Umm... I threw Kybin down a metaphorical oubliette. Can you, maybe, retcon him out? Or just pretend he was never there? I didn't like playing him.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

With this being brought up in Riverside, and me finally having some time at home to do some things in FFRP today, I figured I might as well go ahead and bring this up generally.

Genesis, my somewhat crazy reality shaping fey, is starting a kind of loose group in Riverside, specifically Eastside, called the River Court. It is modeled around some basic medieval court concepts, with some of my own wackiness thrown in, but the idea is a social gathering of people with influence (or who want to be influential), jockeying for positions within the court, while also trying to expand the court's influence so they'll have more power and influence to fight over.

If you're not interested, skip down to the bottom, where there is a bit about a party and a masquerade.

There are a few set positions within the court-

Keeper of the Grounds: Currently claimed by Nadia, usually just shortened to 'Keeper.' This person basically has influence over the architecture and ambiance of the River Court, and generally has a broad awareness of what is going on within it.

Pride of the Court: Unclaimed, usually just shortened to 'Pride.' The Pride of the River Court is essentially its celebrity, a person who has gained its attention and interest. They can vie with the Keeper to determine the court's ambiance, and have subtle control over the emotions of the court, and can entice people into staying there.

General of the Army: Unclaimed, usually shortened to 'General.' The General does not necessarily have an army to command, interestingly enough, but is nonetheless a force to be reckoned with. The general is in charge of claiming new territory for the court, and defending what territory they already have- as such, the General is usually capable of blocking entry into the court, and challenging those who would make their way in.

Vizier to the Throne: Unclaimed, usually shortened to 'Vizier.' The vizier is the ambassador and politician of the court, capable of making binding oaths on the behalf of the court, or on the court itself.

There are also more general positions which multiple people can take up:

Lorekeeper: Currently headed by the NPC, Sigrun, the lorekeepers are in charge of River Court's 'library,' which is much more like a museum than a library. Lorekeepers are also the spellcasting cabal of the River Court, having command over the spells forged and crafted by Genesis, as well as possessing their own magics.

Handlers: Currently headed by the NPC, Hilda, the Handlers are in charge of River Court's armory/bestiary (given the nature of the weapons Genesis tends to create, the two roles overlap). Handlers are masters of sword and beast, with their own strength as well as command over monsters.

Courtiers: This is the group in which most people will fall, at least initially. It essentially designates anyone in the court who is not in a more specialized role, or someone with a specialized role without a fancy title for it. Despite being a rather catch all group, Courtiers are not necessary lower in position than Lorekeepers or Handlers.

The court has a sort of Tarot theme to it, so people in it will have titles following that pattern. For example, Nadia is currently the Page of Rings. There will also likely be knights, princes, and possibly some more, along with four suits (Rings, Cups, Swords, Staves). It's mostly just going to be flair, though if we get enough people (which would be awesome), it might become somewhat more significant.

If anyone is interested, you're more than welcome to send a character over to Riverside to get Genesis's attention, or talk to me more about the roles, or whatever.

Also, to give people a reason to know about her, and also to get to know her and her court (even if they don't want to join), and also just because it seems like it would be fun, I think I'm going to be having Genesis hold a masquerade ball at her tower in Riverside, with basically anyone and everyone being invited- and there might just be a mystery that occurs there...

Anyone interested?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Also, to give people a reason to know about her, and also to get to know her and her court (even if they don't want to join), and also just because it seems like it would be fun, I think I'm going to be having Genesis hold a masquerade ball at her tower in Riverside, with basically anyone and everyone being invited- and there might just be a mystery that occurs there...

Anyone interested?
    *is already excited about this*

*busily plans dress and mask for Sakura*

Can't wait!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-22 at 06:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want to find an excuse for one of my characters to go! I really, really, want to!

...does anyone have a good excuse for one of my characters? I'll take anything I can.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

If Durk Fallow were still alive, he'd be very interested in the River Court. But Irena killed him as he was about to go to bed, so he can't really get involved. I know he has a brother, so maybe I'll try and find that book which has my gnomish family tree so I can introduce him as new leader of Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends, plus the hidden slave-shop, and get him involved with the River Court.

I do have two characters that will be going to the party, though; Defelent A'dam and Tracy. Defelent leads the Riverside Temple of Dalachrech located in Northside somewhere and Tracy is his personal slave.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Does it count if you grow the mask? Because Rael is certainly going to attend, and that's the kind of thing he'd do.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

I want to find an excuse for one of my characters to go! I really, really, want to!

...does anyone have a good excuse for one of my characters? I'll take anything I can.
    Who would you want to go? Genesis can be persuasive.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    If Durk Fallow were still alive, he'd be very interested in the River Court. But Irena killed him as he was about to go to bed, so he can't really get involved. I know he has a brother, so maybe I'll try and find that book which has my gnomish family tree so I can introduce him as new leader of Fallow's Furry & Feathered Friends, plus the hidden slave-shop, and get him involved with the River Court.

I do have two characters that will be going to the party, though; Defelent A'dam and Tracy. Defelent leads the Riverside Temple of Dalachrech located in Northside somewhere and Tracy is his personal slave.
    Both sound like they could be interesting, even if gnomes ARE puntable little runts.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Does it count if you grow the mask? Because Rael is certainly going to attend, and that's the kind of thing he'd do.
    I don't think anyone will bother to check.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. I just wanted to be sure shapeshifting it would work

(I suppose he could make it have hinges, too, if he goes that route.)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think it's safe to say that any character except Traverly would go if invited. Darst... would not enjoy it much. Kyland might. Sounds like it would be a good experience for her. CB-484... would go, but I don't think a fairy would invite him. He's a creepy robot. The 1:1 dealer... would show up if specifically asked to and given a reason to show up, but she wouldn't do much.

The silvery extraterrestrials... no. Let's just quash that thought right here.

In short? Find an excuse to invite Kate Kyland, please! She can be reliably found at MagMart during work hours or at GLoG. She might also wander some of inside's blue zone parks.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Put an invitation on WallChan! That way anyone can go.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Put an invitation on WallChan! That way anyone can go.
    Done!

I think it's safe to say that any character except Traverly would go if invited. Darst... would not enjoy it much. Kyland might. Sounds like it would be a good experience for her. CB-484... would go, but I don't think a fairy would invite him. He's a creepy robot. The 1:1 dealer... would show up if specifically asked to and given a reason to show up, but she wouldn't do much.

The silvery extraterrestrials... no. Let's just quash that thought right here.

In short? Find an excuse to invite Kate Kyland, please! She can be reliably found at MagMart during work hours or at GLoG. She might also wander some of inside's blue zone parks.
    Sure. How would you like her to be invited? Nice invitation from Sigrun, enthusiastic encouragement from Hilda, or 'what on earth did I just get roped into?' by Genesis?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

With this being brought up in Riverside, and me finally having some time at home to do some things in FFRP today, I figured I might as well go ahead and bring this up generally.

Genesis, my somewhat crazy reality shaping fey, is starting a kind of loose group in Riverside, specifically Eastside, called the River Court. It is modeled around some basic medieval court concepts, with some of my own wackiness thrown in, but the idea is a social gathering of people with influence (or who want to be influential), jockeying for positions within the court, while also trying to expand the court's influence so they'll have more power and influence to fight over.

If you're not interested, skip down to the bottom, where there is a bit about a party and a masquerade.

There are a few set positions within the court-

Keeper of the Grounds: Currently claimed by Nadia, usually just shortened to 'Keeper.' This person basically has influence over the architecture and ambiance of the River Court, and generally has a broad awareness of what is going on within it.

Pride of the Court: Unclaimed, usually just shortened to 'Pride.' The Pride of the River Court is essentially its celebrity, a person who has gained its attention and interest. They can vie with the Keeper to determine the court's ambiance, and have subtle control over the emotions of the court, and can entice people into staying there.

General of the Army: Unclaimed, usually shortened to 'General.' The General does not necessarily have an army to command, interestingly enough, but is nonetheless a force to be reckoned with. The general is in charge of claiming new territory for the court, and defending what territory they already have- as such, the General is usually capable of blocking entry into the court, and challenging those who would make their way in.

Vizier to the Throne: Unclaimed, usually shortened to 'Vizier.' The vizier is the ambassador and politician of the court, capable of making binding oaths on the behalf of the court, or on the court itself.

There are also more general positions which multiple people can take up:

Lorekeeper: Currently headed by the NPC, Sigrun, the lorekeepers are in charge of River Court's 'library,' which is much more like a museum than a library. Lorekeepers are also the spellcasting cabal of the River Court, having command over the spells forged and crafted by Genesis, as well as possessing their own magics.

Handlers: Currently headed by the NPC, Hilda, the Handlers are in charge of River Court's armory/bestiary (given the nature of the weapons Genesis tends to create, the two roles overlap). Handlers are masters of sword and beast, with their own strength as well as command over monsters.

Courtiers: This is the group in which most people will fall, at least initially. It essentially designates anyone in the court who is not in a more specialized role, or someone with a specialized role without a fancy title for it. Despite being a rather catch all group, Courtiers are not necessary lower in position than Lorekeepers or Handlers.

The court has a sort of Tarot theme to it, so people in it will have titles following that pattern. For example, Nadia is currently the Page of Rings. There will also likely be knights, princes, and possibly some more, along with four suits (Rings, Cups, Swords, Staves). It's mostly just going to be flair, though if we get enough people (which would be awesome), it might become somewhat more significant.

If anyone is interested, you're more than welcome to send a character over to Riverside to get Genesis's attention, or talk to me more about the roles, or whatever.

Anyone interested?
    I have several character concepts that would fit that perfectly...Jack would fit in if he weren't an affably evil cackling bastard who...well...He's not well known enough yet for me to start the plot that reveals his background.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

Still pressed for names for a relic and knowledge gathering organization. Ideas would be much appreciated.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Still pressed for names for a relic and knowledge gathering organization. Ideas would be much appreciated.
    Studious
    Trainees
    Understand
    Days of
    Yore?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Unknown might work.

27. - Top - End - #267

here, the main thing is for the people doing it to decide which way they are going to go.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Done!

Sure. How would you like her to be invited? Nice invitation from Sigrun, enthusiastic encouragement from Hilda, or 'what on earth did I just get roped into?' by Genesis?
    Ooh, I like that last option! Just don't make it too obvious that there will be copious amounts of weird until she's already accepted. Can't risk scaring her away, now can we?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

It doesn't have to be an acronym. Could go with Curator, Conservator, or Archives.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I took a bit of a break earlier to play my recently reactivated City of Heroes account.

Next thing I knew, I had just finished beating an arch-villain for the second time and was set toe-to-toe with a giant robot. On the roof of the enemy's base. That was on fire.

$15 a month? Worth it.