New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

Linthia's Room

Javert completely forgot to leave an illusion! That'll be amusing later. He looks hurt. Oh...I'm sorry...you need your rest. He wraps his arms around her again tightly, protectively.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

Lintha doesn't sound at all irritated with Javert, actually. She's just tired and a little out of sorts is all. She turns to face him and opens her eyes a fraction of an inch.

"I'm awake now, so the best thing to do is tell me what you want. I'm not psychic or anything."

Erm, she kinda is, but...

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

Goodness gracious. As Reinholdt enters this room, he'll likely spot a pentagram illuminated by a fiery rune etched into its center lying active in the middle of the room. At each end of it is a different element, earth (soil), water, fire, wind (an empty blown glass jar), and spirit (an evil-feeling gem).

The pentagram begins to glow in response to Reinholdt's presence. A cold blast of air rushes into the room from seemingly nowhere and begins to collect in the center. The rest of the chamber is far too dark to scope out immediately without another light source to chase away the encroaching darkness.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Well... hell.

Reinholdt doesn't like this place at all.
    And to prove it, he takes a shot at the glass bottle!
    It seems the easiest to break to screw with the mystical force beyond Rein's comprehension. And boy is it fun to screw with those.
    Rein also pulls out a moderately glowing light stick and tosses it towards the darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Linthia's Room

He smiles before attempting to kiss her lips. Nothing...just wondered if you were up that's all. You're that tired? He caresses her cheek unless stopped.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Weathered Ruins]

Mister C is supposed to be searching for a ring! A golden triangle magical ring that grants the wearer legendary power!

The rooms are all still where they were before. The room with the whirly floor appears to be safe to cross now, the floor having returned to being nothing more than wooden slats.

The pressure plate is hooked up to the interior of the rock plinth itself. Not an easy thing to disable, but Mister C can probably use his wits to disarm it.
    [Weathered Ruins]

I won't mind a triangle or an item that makes him gloom and say 'Hey Listen'.

Hmm Maybe he could put something in between. But he don't see anything around here and isn't really a trap master. he will have a closer look, as far as possible, but since he neither has tools or any idea right now he is lost.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Disrupting extensive reanimation rituals must feel awesome! All Rein needs now are a thick pair of black sunglasses and a punny catchphrase!

'Tis easy enough for any bullet to rend the glass jar attached to the summoning ritual. With a crisp shattering noise, it ruptures into over a hundred jagged pieces before they go splashing out away from their original case's fixed location. The pentagram begins to flicker weakly, then fade.

As for the darkness where Rein tossed the glowstick, he'll find a pile of bodies blocking the door leading further into the building. Ugh! They look and smell absolutely revolting! And he has to figure out a way past them? Yuck!

-------
    [Lintha's Room]

Lintha is smooched! She seems to enjoy it enough and responds as such. Then, she opens her mouth to speak about something as soon as it is free of Javert!

"I...uh..."

"What's your name again? What would your reaction be if I told you that I kinda-sorta think you're lying about that? If I were awake, I wouldn't be lying in place motionless. I'd be up and about doing stuff!"

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Remember when Mister C tried putting on that Indiana Jones costume earlier on in this plotline? Yeah, that's related to how he'll probably be able to solve this trap... The pressure plate isn't too elaborate for a treasure-trap.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Bleeeech. Probably not happening either. The second he starts digging through those bodies to get to a door, he's going to get grabbed and eaten. Reinholdt frowns and pulls out a second rod and goes to look at the other two walls to see if that pile of dead bodies is the only other way out besides the way he came in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

There's a chance the bodies will get up after he leaves and chase after him anyway, but checking the walls for another exit is as sound a decision as any. After a minute's worth of exploration or less, Rein will be able to find another door out of the room. This one might be difficult to find, given that it is midnight black and bloodstained, uniform with all of the other walls of the chamber. It also lacks a doorknob. Stapled to it is yet another corpse, which will attempt to reach out and grab at Rein if he draws too close to it.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

Lintha is smooched! She seems to enjoy it enough and responds as such. Then, she opens her mouth to speak about something as soon as it is free of Javert!

"I...uh..."

"What's your name again? What would your reaction be if I told you that I kinda-sorta think you're lying about that? If I were awake, I wouldn't be lying in place motionless. I'd be up and about doing stuff!"
    Javert quickly thought up a little lie, without pause. For his lying skills rival even the Grinch's. He rolls over to her, Aw...you caught me. I just wondered if maybe....we could go do something today? I haven't seen much of the Nexus....Matron locked me up indoors. He pouts a bit. It's adorable on his handsome face.

10. - Top - End - #550

[Weathered Ruins]

Remember when Mister C tried putting on that Indiana Jones costume earlier on in this plotline? Yeah, that's related to how he'll probably be able to solve this trap... The pressure plate isn't too elaborate for a treasure-trap.
    [Weathered Ruins]

Who said something of tried? He did wear the Indiana Jones Outfit. I call this funfact. It doesn't give him anything expect the look.

Well, now Mr C has to think what to do. He needs something to press the plate down while he removes the gem. Suddendly something flies into his nose and Mr C has to sneeze. He grabs behind his collora dragging out a handkerchief to clean his nose.

"Damn sand."

His eyes go wide when he notice what he just said. And then he looks down at the handkerchief. *Bling* a light goes on and Mr. C rushes for the Exit filling the handkerchief with sand. As he comes back, and hopefully has enough sand he will go for the replacement. Placing the bad of sand on the plate and then removing the gem. Just in case the handkerchief is human size so more like a big cape for him.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Rein does draw to close and...
    BANG!
    Well. At least he had the common sense to do it with the shotgun pointed at the potential threat. I mean seriously people.
    BANG!
    Always double-tap.

Reinholdt actually misses the door on the first pass, but being a rather seasoned adventurer, has the good sense to check twice. He feels rather silly for missing it the first time around and gives a gentle 'oh'.

Once he's positive that corpse isn't going to be moving anymore, he checks to see if the door will open.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

Aww! That horrible, horrible matron deserves to be executed with a bloody knife for exploiting poor, innocent, hot Javert so. Lintha keeps tons of those. She can spare one for a target outside of her normal...

No. No, no, no. What is she thinking? She kills defilers of the land from whence she hails that she protects and fosters with motherly care and that's it. She can't take an innocent... Come to think of it, what's stopping her? Why can't she?

Lintha is torn. What should she do? She's a creature of mercy and love but...but she can make an exception, just this once.

"I can take you around to shop and get drunk, I guess. The sights to see in the Nexus are always changing, and the layout of the streets confuses me, so I cannot guarantee much else."

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Good job! Mister C disarms the trap successfully and is now free to mess around with his mystical orb as he pleases. Now he's got his swag, so it may be time to fiddle around with it!

Please note Mister C's emotional state if/when he tries interacting with gem so that I can adjust the gem's properties accordingly this first time around.

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

The formerly undead zombie is now dead. And completely headless. That's a fine development, isn't it? There's nothing like a dead undead creature truly being dead and not rearing up to attack just as one turns his/her back.

The door here is knobless, but so long as Rein kept his portable door handle, that won't be much of a problem for long.

As he opens the door and enters the long, long hallway, he might spot a rotund man who appears to entirely forego exercise doing his best to sprint away from a zombie pursuing him. Lucky for him that the zombie is no faster than a walker. Upon reaching a door (there are 13 not counting the one Rein entered from, six on each side of the room and one opposite him) he tries the knob only to find it jammed and stuck in place.

The zombie and the man are lined up in a row, so shooting one might maim the other. It might be time to be a hero, but Rein cannot know for sure whether or not this man was bitten and will go all undead on him. He might not even be friendly or helpful!

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Lintha's Room

Oh...If you want we can head to Trogs? There we can gather our bearings...maybe even go for a picnic...I love being outside...In the warmth....with you. He moves down to kiss her again. Please dear? He smiles hopefully. Might as well spend time with her.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Oh hey, at least those doors have knobs to be jammed in the first place. That's a step up.

Hmm... hero time!

Rein moves closer, though not in zombie lunging distance. "Dive to the floor!" If the man does, Rein will take a shot at the upper part of the zombie. The man probably won't get hit. Maybe.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-04-14 at 08:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #555

[Weathered Ruins]

Good job! Mister C disarms the trap successfully and is now free to mess around with his mystical orb as he pleases. Now he's got his swag, so it may be time to fiddle around with it!

Please note Mister C's emotional state if/when he tries interacting with gem so that I can adjust the gem's properties accordingly this first time around.
    [Weathered Ruins]

Currently Mr. C is happy solving this. But he seems to think this was needed. He holds the gem up with both paws and directs it through the three doors, waiting for an reaction.

He wonder what happens and stays ready to run. There is a bit of fear since anything could happen but curiosity wins.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

Lintha is kissed! Of course, this causes her to giggle lightheartedly. She could push off some of her more tedious duties to be with him for the day. Yeah. Nobody would mind if she neglected this or that. Maybe...

"If you really want to, that's fine by me. I know where Trog's is. Even if we get lost, we'll find adventure and be together."

Free hugs for everyone! And by everyone, Lintha means Javert exclusively. Hug attempt!

"We'll have to get all dressed and stuff first."

Clothes are integral to societal acceptance, you know!

Unless you plan on hanging out around the construction workers at WATCH.

-------
    [Lake Hylia]

Indeed. These must be executive offices or something. No expense was spared on these doors. They're quality...whatever metal that is, as evidenced by the heavy set man throwing himself at it while loosing determined grunts on it!

"Stupid freaking door! Open!"

He yells! He shows no signs of hitting the deck anytime soon.

Some people don't handle instructions well in times of bodily peril.

And that zombie is getting mighty close. Will Rein still shoot at the zombie or not?

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Mister C might just feel himself growing bigger as he thinks happy thoughts and smaller when fear passes over him. Interesting. The glowing green orb seems to control one's size. That might come in handy for Mister C in particular.

Interestingly enough, it would appear as though the shrink/grow ray is directed as the path of a beam. Perhaps it could be used to slip through a crack in the wall or as a machine component. Either way, Mister C might find some use for it, though I couldn't quite imagine what.

Speaking of doors and doorways, that door in the formerly spinning board room is accessible now, though shut tight. Mister C might need to find another way in or be more forceful than he would otherwise be with it.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Lintha's Room

Javert hugs her back and kisses her neck. Oh...alright. I have some clothes. Mm...I love you, know that? He moves away and puts on his usual clothes. He asks her,Need help dressing? I can just teleport us there...

18. - Top - End - #558
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

Lintha snaps her fingers and in the blink of an eye, she's fully dressed in a simple grey t-shirt, black jeans, and tennis shoes. She's opts not to leave the warmth and cushions of her bed until she absolutely must, lying there motionless for as long as it takes for Javert to prepare himself to meet his adoring assassin public.

Daemonic powers have never been used for such mundane and trivial things.

No, that's not a dare for someone to disprove me in the OoC thread.

"I'm dressed already, thanks, but I'm bound to need help bathing later on. In the meantime, though, you could carry me while we teleport. Pretty please?"

Wait. This sounds fishy to Lintha. How could Javert be able to teleport to Trog's if he never ever visited that location before?

And why would he want to stop by and get a drink if he's been there before and wants to venture into new parts of the city he hasn't explored?

The drinks there must be really good! That or the staff might be real easy on the eyes, which Lintha indubitably wouldn't care about because she's...umm... Pass?

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Lintha's Room

Javert grins, I need a bath too...I'll help you...I can be real thorough.[ Well...I have to meet an old friend at Trogs...just take a second. Then we can go sightseeing. Grab my hand! They'll be teleported to Trogs! (Could you post first?)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lintha's Room]

To Trog's Tavern away!

I've already posted there, in fact!

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt really doesn't have many options here. So...
    He shoots. But he aims low, hoping to make the zombie's legs useless and prevent it from reaching its prey. Plus there's less likelihood of fatal collateral damage. Hopefully.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #562

[Weathered Ruins]

Mister C might just feel himself growing bigger as he thinks happy thoughts and smaller when fear passes over him. Interesting. The glowing green orb seems to control one's size. That might come in handy for Mister C in particular.

Interestingly enough, it would appear as though the shrink/grow ray is directed as the path of a beam. Perhaps it could be used to slip through a crack in the wall or as a machine component. Either way, Mister C might find some use for it, though I couldn't quite imagine what.

Speaking of doors and doorways, that door in the formerly spinning board room is accessible now, though shut tight. Mister C might need to find another way in or be more forceful than he would otherwise be with it.
    [Weathered Ruins]

((I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you want to tell me with the mid part. It just amkes no sense when i translate it))

So Mr. C ends up smaller then before.He looks annoyed at the gem.

"AS if I didn't find a store selling clothes for my size before."

something he needs to think afterward. The door mentioned is the one he didn't enter so far? If so and to keep the gem with him he will again jump into the lock. And since he is smaller then before he tries to open the door. Being less then a key size helps you sometimes.^^

23. - Top - End - #563
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Boom! Legshot!

Reinholdt's chosen pellet placement yields fantastic results! With a disgruntled groan, the reanimated corpse falls prostrate before its rotund victim, its mouth frothing ferally but its kneecaps blown out and off. Dismemberment! Rein needs no fancy-dancy plasma cutters to get the job done and over with!

The man appears to be totally unharmed in the aftermath of the shotgun blast! Woohoo! Excellent work, Rein!

But with every obstacle overcome another challenge...and opportunity to amass accolades...pops into existence. Such is life.

And such is that pair of hands slamming through the solid ceiling and attempting to grab at Rein and his shotgun! Ahh! Seriously, what is up with this building? At least the hole isn't large enough to fit a full-grown human! The shower of debris accompanying the zombie's tunneling program might cause respiratory irritation, but it shouldn't be dangerous enough to pelt him annoyingly with chunks of the ceiling or envelop him in a fine powdery mist of potentially toxic substances.

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

Oh. The middle paragraph was essentially me more verbosely reporting that Mister C might be able to shoot the shrink ray at other things with an appropriate focus.

Squirming through the crack under the unexplored door will whisk Mister C away to the final boss chamber! The limestone walls here are partially eroded away, though sculptures of several ears and roving eyes remain behind despite the years that have passed. The specter of a cultist priest clad in robes of pure white etched with a circular symbol on both the front and back kneels before an altar it attends even now in death. An altar adorned with the talisman Mister C seeks, along with other various items of luxurious loot.

He doesn't seem to notice Mister C as of yet, given that Mister C is so small and all.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-25 at 10:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"GAAAHHHcoughcough."

Reinholdt is startled and grabbed, as is his shotgun. Zombies from the ceiling just aren't fair. Though at least there's no asbestos.

He does, however, drop the shotgun in favor of pulling his pistol and firing it blindly above him in a panic, unloading the entire clip.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #565

[Weathered Ruins]

Oh. The middle paragraph was essentially me more verbosely reporting that Mister C might be able to shoot the shrink ray at other things with an appropriate focus.

Squirming through the crack under the unexplored door will whisk Mister C away to the final boss chamber! The limestone walls here are partially eroded away, though sculptures of several ears and roving eyes remain behind despite the years that have passed. The specter of a cultist priest clad in robes of pure white etched with a circular symbol on both the front and back kneels before an altar it attends even now in death. An altar adorned with the talisman Mister C seeks, along with other various items of luxurious loot.

He doesn't seem to notice Mister C as of yet, given that Mister C is so small and all.
    [Weathered Ruins]

Mr C goes in camonfluage mode.Hopefully this guy can't see him . He slowly starts to go over to the altar. He tries to fina a position to have free vision to the object he seeks.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Bwahahahahaha!

That mindless, drooling zombie actually was competent enough to abduct Rein's shotgun! His own, personal, cherished Mister Shotty! Okay, perhaps it isn't honestly aware of what it has ripped out of his hands as its nasty, grubby hands and feral lack of brain attempt to haul Rein's shotgun away into the ceiling!

Whump! Whump! Whump!

That's right, genius! If you keep bashing something against something else, it'll surely eventually break on through unto the other side!

Unless, of course, you get pumped full of lead before the you succeed!

With a disoriented groan, the zombie drops Rein's beloved shotgun like a rotting sack of potatoes as Rein returns him to the grave! His arms flail momentarily before going limp dangling from the ceiling.

The chubby man Rein saved from the rampaging zombie appears to be taking care of the other zombie. He's standing on its neck and showing it his best Isaac Clarke impersonation!

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

There's some good news for Mister C and some bad news. The good news is that he can move across the floor relatively undetected. Something might see him, but it isn't even remotely dangerous to him.

The bad news is that in order to get a clean view of the amulet he's after, he'll have to scale one of the walls. He might draw attention to himself if he steps on one of the eyes or near one of the ears engraved on it.

Who knows what they're meant to do anyway.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Accursed zombies.

Reinholdt extracts himself and goes to retrieve his belongings before looking to the man who can't duck.

"Do you need any first aid?"

It's a more subtle way of asking if he's been bitten. Slightly less likely to lie about it. Perhaps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #568

[Weathered Ruins]

Mr. C looks up at the invisible plot DM and moves his mout without speaking. Since DM's can read lips he will see him speaking:

"Why are there allways bad news?"

He then tries to make out a spot with at least as less symbols as possible and tries to climb up the wall. Yeah for gluing like paws.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

The big-boned fellow elevates his line of sight from the zombie remains he was, seconds ago, reducing into a puddle of zombie mush to a level where his eyes meet Rein's. Or should try to meet Rein's. You never know where the cunning lil' mass-murdering cat is looking at any given time.

The man graciously offers his bear-paw of a hand to Rein in a sign of good-faith. His hand is large and plump, resisting the urge to break the truce linking the representative part to the whole. His grip is firm.

"I'm fine, thanks. I owe you one for the assist. Just got out of cold storage to find the base had been overrun by these...things."

The man exclaims in a low rumbling tone.

"My name is Nabe Gewell, by the way."

-------
    [Weathered Ruins]

As Mister C "glues" his first foot to the wall with the least amount of symbols inscribed upon it, he may hear a note bellow out of the wall on the opposite side of the room. The spectral priest, upon sensing the tone, leaves his position at the altar to investigate the slot from which it bellowed.

Looks like a small jet of steam escaped from the music-making ear-symbol too the priest is checking out too.

Hmm...

I wonder...

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt shakes the hand.

"Uh-huh. Reinholdt. And this here is Kristin." He explains pointing to the skull tied to his wrist. "She has a tendency to talk too much, so I had to gag her."

"So Nabe, what's this about Cold Storage?" Rein asks, while checking the ammo left in his shotgun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast