New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Heresy in the Cor Leonis

"Seems as good a place as any to start."
    She lowers her voice so as not to be over heard, "Wolfe how adept are you in mind reading, think you'd be able to pick anything up about DiBenedetto if any of his cronnies are in there?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

carter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just my pistol, I can only do it with one prepared item at a time.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Turning to wood, Wolfe explains, "Sorry, not adept at all at mind reading, I'm only a novice at the moment, but I was always told I had much potential."

Wolfe nods towards the bar, "Shall we."

4. - Top - End - #34

MindFlayer

"Well I'm always up for a beer."

Wrax stands in the cockpit and checks the charge indicator on his Lasgun. Appearing satisfied he pulls the arming leaver and moves towards the door.

"Hope everyone is carrying... Probably wont need them but I have seen fights in these places go from a split drink to Las-shots and bullets in seconds"

Smiling to himself he clambers out of the shuttle and waits for the others.
    Last edited by Hendy360; 2011-09-27 at 04:51 AM.
    Suffer not the witch to live

5. - Top - End - #35

She grins at wolfe, "Ah well, something for you to work on, we'll just have to get by on a more conventional investigation."

Wood slings her rifle onto her back and checks her knives.

"If all else fails a few rounds of Amasec will loosen most tonges, lets see what we can find out"

She follows Wrax out of the shuttle

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Entering the bar you see a rather grimy looking bar studded with bar stools to your left and a few rather rickety tables to the right. The bartender is wiping a glass with a grubby towel and you're pretty sure it was cleaner when he started.

Two of the tables are occupied, one by two large men drinking pints and talking in low voices and the other by a tall, skinny man in dark clothes who appears to be asleep - hat tipped over his eyes as he leans back in his chair with his feet on the table.

The bartender raises an eyebrow in your direction.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah Laughing Girl has a tendency to make people quite talkative herself." Wolfe says, patting the hand cannon at his hip. The weapon is engraved with runes, and faintly glowing with psychic energies. "She's never far from my side, even if galaxies seperate us."

"Well, I've barely two thrones to rub together, so who's buying? Should talk to the barkeep as well, see what he knows."
    Last edited by Kelephon; 2011-10-06 at 12:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

MindFlayer

Feeling more at home than he had in months Wrax turns to his companions. a huge grin splits his face.

I'll get this...I love places like this, always good for a scale up."

Digging some credits out of his pocket he walks to the bar.

"hows it going" he address's the Bar man "Ill have 4 double sacra" he looks at the change in his hand. "I only got imperial is that good here? Haven had a chance to stock up on local yet"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Barman nods absently and puts the glass on the bar. Reaching under the bar he pulls out 4 glasses and a ceramic bottle and pours a measure of some vile-smelling substance you're not sure qualifies as sacra, but it's damned sure alcoholic.

"That'll be 10 credits then." He places a hand either side of the glasses and leans on the bar.

10. - Top - End - #40

Wood glances enquiringly at the glasses,

"Much appriciated, but who is the fourth glass for guardsman?"

11. - Top - End - #41

MindFlayer

"Me"

Wrax knocks the second shot back and smiles.

"Right lets see who we have in this place"

Wrax looks around the bar and tries to spot any shady types...well more shady than the norm

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The liquor burns horribly on its way down.

Not much has changed since you entered the bar. Two of the tables are occupied, one by two large men drinking pints and talking in low voices and the other by a tall, skinny man in dark clothes who appears to be asleep - hat tipped over his eyes as he leans back in his chair with his feet on the table.

The barman clears his throat meaningfully. "10 credits pal."
    Last edited by Naryzhud; 2011-10-26 at 04:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

MindFlayer

Not looking at the barman Wrax drops ten credits onto the bar.

Wrax turns to wood

"OK darling since you have the arse for it, how bout you go and see if you cant get a bit friendly with the guy in the hat, see what his story is. I'm gonna go and see if I cant stir something up with those two"

Wrax heads towards the two men sat at the table, on his way past one of the empty tables he grabs a free chair and carries it with him. Spinning it round and placing it down between the two men, he sits backwards on the chair and folds his arms over the back rest.

"Alrite lads, don't mind me just come in from off world and saw you two having a nice quiet drink. I thought to myself, those two look like they no who to ask about work round here, so here I am...Max by the way"

Wrax looks the man to his left in the eye, smiles and holds out his hand to shake.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Wolfe downs his drink, then mutters to himself "should have asked for a clean glass"

Watching the other leave, he turns to the barman, "so, anything going on around here mate?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Wrax:

The two men at the table look somewhat irritated at being disturbed and sit up, eyeing you up and down. After a moment or two the taller of the two speaks.
    "Strapping lad like you should be able to get work at the stardocks or on one of the cruisers that come through the system... That sort of thing?"

Wolfe:

The barman shrugs nonplussed, "Plenty goes on around here, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific i'm afraid."

16. - Top - End - #46

Wolfe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Muttering " He mentions my arse again and i'm taking a bollock"

Wood turns to speak to the barman as well, lowering her voice but keeping a casual tone.
    "We're looking to meet a man who we here is pretty big around these parts, goes by the name of DiBenedetto. you heard of him?"

17. - Top - End - #47

MindFlayer

Wrax looks at the man who spoke and then smiles down towards the tables.

"I don't think I'm cut out for your line of work friend...Im looking for DiBenedetto. I hear hes the one to speak to if your looking for some... shall we say..higher risk ventures."

Wrax glances between the two men as he awaits the reply

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Everybody roll Inquiry....

19. - Top - End - #49

rolled, got 81...

i'm noticing nout

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Don't need to post what you got in here, i'll just check the dice thread... but no that was a bad roll.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah, we heard this guy might be looking for a few unscrupulous fellows like ourselves for a spot of work."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The barman backs away from you hands raised slightly at the mention of DiBenedetto, "Hey, I don't know anything about him, I'm not in that line of business... I run a clean place here!" The irony of that last statement seems to be lost on him, but the fear in his eyes is pretty evident.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The men seem to take offense at Wrax's words and lean forward menacingly.

"Listen 'friend'," one of them hisses, "You got something to say about 'our line of work' you come out and say it..."

The other mutters something that sounds a lot like "Clucking off-worlders" but you can't be sure you heard it right.

Wrax
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll perception that was abysmal.

Wood, Wolfe
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll perception at -10

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Wrax
    Spoiler
    Show
    The men seem a bit miffed at your comment

Wood
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice that there is a sudden degree of tension from the table behind you and the men talking to Wrax seem quite agressive.

Wolfe
    Spoiler
    Show
    You turn and see one of the men speaking to Wrax pulling a pistol from it's holster and aiming it at Wrax under the table.
    Last edited by Naryzhud; 2011-11-19 at 06:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

MindFlayer

Wrax looks at the man who spoke.

"All I'm saying is that big space port like this there must be a lot of lonely sailors, which means your business is probably booming. Now im not making a judgement im just stating its not for me."

Now look i came into this bar looking for some one so I suggest if you know were he is you tell me because me and my associates will find him" he motions to the other two in the bar "and when we do if i find you have lied to me, you will regret it. Now do you or do you not know where i may find Mr DiBenedetto"

Wrax leas away from the table slightly so that he has both men in his feild of vision,

"I wont ask again"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Wolfe turns to the barman, "It's pretty obvious you know of him, so I'll be needing to know everything you know about DiBenedetto, Hold on a minute, I'll get back to you."

Wolfe turns to the table Wrax is at, draws his hand cannon, and points it at the man holding a gun under the table. The Laser sight dances across his face.

"Might want to rethink that idea friend, a slight aggreivence really isn't worth losing your head over now, is it?" Wolfe says, in the most menacing tone he can muster.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The man opposite Wrax slumps slightly, eyeing the hand cannon out of the corner of his eye... He slowly pushes his own pistol back into his holster and puts his hands on the table in plain sight.

Turning to look fully at Wolfe now, the man glowers at him, "I didn't come here to get insulted and threatened Barney!" he shouts in the direction of the barman, "come on Maz, let's go find someplace else to drink."

The two men stand and start to walk out, glaring sullenly at the three of you, but hands carefully away from their weapons.

28. - Top - End - #58

MindFlayer

Wrax, shocked that he missed such a basic danger stands and turns to face Wolfe any jovial tone has left his voice

"Thank you.." he says sincerely and meets the psykers eye "I owe you one. I'm Not always the most subtle man in the galaxy and his has caused problems in the past"

Wrax looks at the ground and then back up. His face has readopted the slightly childish grin. "So spacer, you find anything"

29. - Top - End - #59

Wood survays the events with an amuzed smirk.

She turns back to the barman.

"Look, we don't want to take any more of your time, you have a buisness to run and I'm getting bored. So how about this, we are a trio of spacers looking for a bit of excitement while we docked. Do you know of any clubs, gambling dens, seedy bars, questionable pubs, brothels, coc figthing pits, dog fighting pits or quaint little eateries which may be owned but a cirtain afformentioned party.
    As our time is short here we would of course, at your kind recomentation, be delighted to sample such cultural delights which are available to simple travelers as quickly as possible therfore leaving your bar"
    She pronounces the last words very poiniently her voice sugests that this would be a very good option for all concerned
    Last edited by Clink; 2011-11-21 at 09:45 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The barman is still stood with his hands slightly raised, mixed emotions flitting across his face. "Look I don't want no trouble," he begins, "If that's what you're looking for you could do worse than try district 5. That's where the uh, 'action' is..." His eyes flick down to Wolfe's pistol almost involuntarily, "Just leave me and my bar in peace.... please."

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get 50 Xp for that little encounter, nice roleplay.