Default Re: Heresy in the Cor Leonis

She nods at the barman "Thank you sir for your kind travel advice."

turning back to her companions
    "Well lads i fancy checking out the nightlife, will you be joining me?"

She waits for a reply from the group.

carter
    Spoiler
    Show
    do imperial cities have taxie shuttles ect?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Wrax stands moves towards the door

"Yeah I'm in the mood for dancing, lets get it on"

A huge grin on his face he turns and leaves the bar.
    Suffer not the witch to live

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Wolfe quickly holsters his pistol. "Sorry about that little altercation there, and thanks for the advise. I hope we didn't cause you too much trouble there."

"Well then, to district five."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Coming out on to the street again, you look around for the nearest transport terminal or taxi (yes there are clink). As you stand there you hear a voice from down an alley over to your left.

"Pssst, Cowboys!" Though none of you noticed him leave, the tall thin man from the bar beckons you down the alley.

Over to the right you can see a taxi just starting to pull down this street, looking for custom.

5. - Top - End - #65

MindFlayer

Looking at the thin man Wrax turns to the others.

"How about this, if Wolfe come's with me, I think we should check this guy out, Wood see if you can find an elevated spot, a fire escape or something. if this is an ambush i wouldn't mind having someone a bit dangerous covering my back."

Wrax, still annoyed by the simple mistake that nearly cost him his life in the bar, partly hopes this is an ambush just so he can knock some heads together.

6. - Top - End - #66

wood looks at wrax "I think he might notice me taking up a fire position, he's looking right at us"

Wood glances around the alley for anything suspicious.
    (Awareness roll)
    Last edited by Clink; 2011-11-23 at 05:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The man looks at you and gestures for you to hurry up and come over.

Wood
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see anything suspicious, just the guy getting impatient.

8. - Top - End - #68

Wood strides towards the man. "Can we help you?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The man retreats down the alley, leaving you no choice but to follow until you are out, away from the street and have a little privacy.

"You're Janus' new lot aren't you?" A quick glance at your faces confirms this for him apparently because he continues, "Throne but that guy's an arse. Let me guess, he's just sent you down here with the old 'root out heresy' spiel and maybe a vaguely outlined mission with next to no intel..."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes," Wolfe replies cautiously, "the man is an arse, and yes, he did give us a not dissimilar "spiel" as you call it. But if the inquisition give you a task, I gather that you damn well do it, so for you I have three questions. Firstly, who are you? Secondly how do you know who we are? And thirdly of course, why shouldn't my guardsman friend here, who looks like he is just itching for a fight, paint this alleyway with your organs?"

Wolfe regards the man. Though a small portion of his mind is terrified that he may have been led into an ambush spot only to antagonise the leader, after the almost brawl in the bar he is mostly too annoyed to care.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The man smiles at Wolfe, "Name's Gerard, pleased to meet you!" He flashes a brilliant smile and an Inquisitorial Rosette, "and I know who you are because I make it my business to know who everyone is. As to your third point, lets just say it would be mutually beneficial for all of us if that did not happen." Gerard winks at Wood, "You folks need intel on anyone or anything in this system you come to me and I'll be happy to provide it, for a small fee of course." He shrugs as if to say 'gotta make a living'.

12. - Top - End - #72

MindFlayer

Wrax looks at the man intensely, There are a lot of questions he would like to ask this man but even he must admit he tends to rub people up the wrong way sometimes.

Deciding that silence is a good medium or him at the moment, he steps marginally closer to emphasize Wolfs remark and proceeds to check the alley for any aggressors.

13. - Top - End - #73

Wood looks at Gerard "Given that you’re with the inquisition and that my large companion was less than subtle in his enquiries back there, i presume you know about the inquisitions interest in DiBenedetto. We've been tasked with bringing him in.
    So if you would be so kind, we'd appreciate known whereabouts, the protection he may have in place and any expected resistance, if we can do this clean all the better though i'd never be adverse to spilling a little blood." She grins at this point, showing her desire to kill.
    "Oh and your fee for this information of course."
    She awaits his reply leaning against the alley wall arms crossed.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Gerard raises an eyebrow at the group. "DiBenedetto? As in James DiBenedetto? What's Janus told you about him so far?"

15. - Top - End - #75

"Your assessment of Janus was extremely accurate. We have a name and that he's crime boss the inquisition would like for questioning last seen on Leonis Tertius. So any more information would be helpful."
    The last line is said with an impatient tone, Wood clearly wanting to get on with the assignment.

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Merry christmas douchefags

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Gerard looks to the ground and scratches his head. "Sounds like Janus alright." He looks back up at you, "Technically he's not a crime boss, just the left hand man of one... But it's pretty academic at this level. Alright I'll see what I can dig up for you. Meet me back here in four hours and bring two hundred thrones to cover expenses."

17. - Top - End - #77

"Great, well unless my companions have any more questions, we'll see you in four hours and if your information's good we shall compleat our transaction."
    Wood glances at Wrax and Wolfe to check if they have further question.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh well, seems it's time to make some money." Sighs Wolfe. "Any plans?" He asks the others. "We could go and rob the bar we just left. I would feel sorry for the barman, but he is pretty terrified of us, which should speed up proceedings."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

A look of concern crosses Gerard's face. "Hey, uh guys. Before you start some sort of crazy crime spree, If you don't have the money just say so." He shrugs, "I'm sure I could find some use for a favour from folks with your skills."

20. - Top - End - #80

MindFlayer

Wrax looks at his companions and back at Gerard.

"Uh....yeah we don't have the money, What did you have in mind?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Gerard grins at you, "Like I said, I could always use a favour from folks like you. Could come in handy at somepoint."

22. - Top - End - #82

MindFlayer

Wrax, a little irritated by the evasiveness, takes a step towards Gerard.

"look we don't have time for this, you either have a job for us or you don't. If you do great, let us know what it is and we will see what we can do. If not just say and we can go find some work somewhere else."

Wrax turns and flashes a smile at wolf, before turning back to Gerard.

"At least his plan would get the blood flowing"

Without breaking eye contact he awaits the man's reply.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Gerard blinks at the boorish guardsman, "Do you not know what a favour is on your planet?" he asks, speaking slowly and slightly louder than before, "I mean that I'll do this for you, and when I need something in return I will contact you." He looks at the other two as if to say 'Really?'.

24. - Top - End - #84

"right well witty banter aside we really need to be somewhere else. we'll be back in four hours with either Thrones or favours... laugh and i'll kill you."
    Wood turns and begins to walk away.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Gerard nods and then backs down the alley dissappearing round a corner, leaving you to your own devices.

26. - Top - End - #86

MindFlayer

Wrax walks past Wolf and towards Wood.

"I have been thinking, were here to track down a criminal right?. Well the best way to find one is to step on his toe's a little. I reckon if we stir up enough trouble then he's going to notice us sooner or later."

Wrax feels a rush of excitement at the thought.

"Doesn't have to be anything major just set up a small operation, you know, protection, debt collection that sort of thing. We start making the money and the criminals will want a piece....We will need some start up capital however...Wolf's idea of knocking over that bar might not be a bad idea...what do you think?

As Wrax finishes he pulls up alongside Wood and steps in front of her stopping her dead.

"Well?....."

27. - Top - End - #87

"Well first guardsman you need to get out of my face"
    She pushes him lightly aside.
    "I'm always happy to get a little dirty to get the job done. shall we adjourn to said watering hole then?"

28. - Top - End - #88

MindFlayer

Wrax feels that little prickle of adrenaline at the base of his spine.

"Always wanted to be a gangster when I was a kid... this just got inserting"

Wrax turns and heads off from the ally back into the bar...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The bar is still devoid of customers when you walk back in, but the barman puts the glass he is 'cleaning' down as soon as he sees you, "Hey, I already told you guys, district five is where you want to go... Just leave me and my bar in peace for throne's sake!"

30. - Top - End - #90

MindFlayer

Wrax looks around the bar. Realising that his companions have not yet entered he has an idea and moves over to the barman.

"Well hear goes nothing" he thinks to himself as arrives at the bar.

"Ok, listen this is how it is" Wrax fixes the barman with what he hopes is his most menacing stare. "Now you remember my associate, the void born with the pale face, well very soon this is going to be his district and it would be a shame if you and him got off on the wrong foot because believe me he can give you the mother of all headaches if he wants to. In fact my associates are outside right now and the pretty lady has a real passion for tube charges. Have you ever seen what a tube charge can do in a small room, no, well I have and I wouldn't like to be the one cleaning it up...anyway I digress... All were asking for is 10% of your take per week and we will make sure nothing unfortunate happens to this fine establishment. Of course we will need to take the first payment up front."

Wrax pauses a second to let this information sink in, and to force down the nervous excitement he's feeling. While he talks Wrax also drops the lasgun off of his back and holds it in his right hand just below the bar.

"I mean its of course up to you if you wish to take out this 'optional' insurance policy but I must warn you that if I don't leave here with the 10% in the next 5 mins then my associate may deem it appropriate to indulge her need for vandalism...I assume we have an understanding"

Wrax stares at the barman and awaits the response.