New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1455
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm very happy you included the Enchanter on the new town team to reflect the results of the first game
    I gave you the Keeper of the March, too.

But yeah, the whole thing is a continuance of the story from that, as elaborated on below.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Sadly, I died in the first game as soon as I tried to kill someone... But still, I would have died anyway. At least I got the person I was after.
    You also set off a rampage on the part of their familiar wherein Arafel and at least one other Fae were killed, and are responsible for the current troubles with lycanthropy, as the aforementioned familiar was a werewolf. All in all, I'd say you still had some pretty bad luck there.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Central VIII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    You also set off a rampage on the part of their familiar wherein Arafel and at least one other Fae were killed, and are responsible for the current troubles with lycanthropy, as the aforementioned familiar was a werewolf. All in all, I'd say you still had some pretty bad luck there.
    Yeah... When you look at it that way, I was practically cursed.
    Oh well, I still had fun. Particularly when I was deluded enough to think everything was going well.
    Can't wait for the next one.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* Well, I've never seen that happen before.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Yeah... When you look at it that way, I was practically cursed.
    Oh well, I still had fun. Particularly when I was deluded enough to think everything was going well.
    Can't wait for the next one.
    Fortunately, since no-one had any definite balance issues, just a warning to be cautious about the virulent and familiar in combination with so many NKs, I'll put up the thread soon.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would you mind taking care of USB 6, C'Nor?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! I didn't notice my thread is up. Looking for about 6 players, give or take. Definite number not confirmed, all welcome. Also, C'nor, please confirm your presence for this game

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the delay in USB 6. I found out a few days ago, and two weeks into rehearsals, that I might have to learn a second major part, so that's been taking up a lot of my time recently. I'll get everything done in the next few hours.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Halfling in the Playground

Is there a way to check the older Witchhunt threads? I see it was great fun and I'd like to check out the rules then, so I can compare them to rules now.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post
    Is there a way to check the older Witchhunt threads? I see it was great fun and I'd like to check out the rules then, so I can compare them to rules now.
    All the old games are in the archives, in the second fourth post of the Central thread.

4's rules were a lot closer to the current game's.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2012-06-09 at 03:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

10. - Top - End - #1060

Werewolf: Under Siege submitted for approval. The recruitment will start soon. I'll link the thread if/when it's approved.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Bugbear in the Playground

Presenting for the playground’s reviewing: Alan Wake Werewolf.

The town of Bright Falls, up in the Pacific Northwest is a nice place to live. The annual event of Deerfest is just two weeks. Then the famous writer Alan Wake came to visit, and was tricked to going to a cabin that no longer exists. Now, darkness has been unleashed from Cauldron Lake, and something must be done, or else it could be the end of everthing.

Wolves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emil Hartman: Devil. The former assistant to Thomas Zane, and now psychiatrist, he seeks to use the powers of the lake for his own ends. Because he’s not filled with darkness, he can act in the light and uses that to find out who is who.

The Taken: Wolf. The possessed people controlled by the Dark Presence.

Barbara Jagger: Alpha. The Dark Presence’s Avatar, the face it wears.

Villagers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thomas Zane: Baner. Still wearing the diving suit he wore when he wrote himself out of the world, he is able to use his knowledge of the darkness and the light of his suit to protect himself and others.

Cynthia Weaver: Seer. The Lady in the Light, who always carries a lamp to keep the darkness away. Having known about the Dark Presence since the incident, she has been preparing ever since.

Sheriff Breaker and officers: Masons. The police force of the town, and as this town has seen some strange things, they have some idea of what’s going on.

Tor and Odin: Brothers. These former rock stars may be old, but they know what’s going on, and they aren’t going to let Baba Yaga win.

Townsfolk: Villagers. The people who live in the town of Bright Falls.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

The roles look good, ThePhantom. Do the brothers work like the lovers role? And no role for Alan?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #1063

The brothers work like lovers. As for Alan, well, since he is the one writing the story, the person doing the big writing should be him.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hahaha!

I just watched someone play through the whole Alan Wake: American Nightmare recently too!

15. - Top - End - #1065

So, is there a schedule of games still, or should I try and run this whenever?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think Thufir has updated the list in a long time, so, it's kinda hard to tell what's going on.

17. - Top - End - #1067

I think the general policy is just to not swamp the game front too hard. Feel free to start the recruitment, the mod approval will take a couple of days.

Edit3: Spelling mistake below.

Edit2:

If I ever quarreled with any of you, that doesn't matter to me. If I ever got insulted, or insulted one of you, that doesn't matter to me. I don't hold grudges, I don't do arguments. Come join my game, don't think I'll be against you. This is the Internet, I could care less about someone insulting or irritating me.

Edit:

Werewolf: Under Siege is approved and ready for recruitment:

Last edited by Ur-Quan; 2012-06-13 at 11:55 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

If I ever quarried with any of you, that doesn't matter to me.
    I think you mean 'quarreled'. Though I admit, I do seem to remember quarrying with you in The Possessed, but everyone was digging in that one.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I think you mean 'quarreled'. Though I admit, I do seem to remember quarrying with you in The Possessed, but everyone was digging in that one.
    I don't think I've played a WW game called The Possessed :P

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think I've played a WW game called The Possessed :P
    Hm. Possibly. I came in fairly late, so my memories of early-game stuff for that one aren't exactly the best.

Ah well. You get the point. *shrugs*

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

the mod approval will take a couple of days.
    Actually, the length of time it takes for mod approval is entirely dependent on whether or not you post in this thread that you submitted it. If you do, Zeb or I will approve it as soon as we see the post. Personally, I check this thread at least 3 times a day. If you do not, it could take as long as a week for me to notice and check the post queue.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Hmm, I posted in the thread three days ago, that's how I got the couple (2) of days estimation :P

23. - Top - End - #1073

I figured this might be useful to a few people so I'd post it here. I formulated a spreadsheet that can figure out the statistical odds of different amounts of Wolves/Town. It doesn't account for banes, no-lynches, or extra kills, but it does impart some small amount of good information.
    You can find it here.
    To use it, change the red numbers to any number you want up to 24 Town and 8 Wolves. It will change the size of the field, show all possible results for day kills, and calculate how many scenarios win for each side. It will also show a Lynch %, which both stands for the Percentage of the vote that the wolves have as well as the percent chance Town has of hitting a wolf.

So Yeah.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2012-06-13 at 01:28 PM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Will it account for the number of wolves increasing over the course of the game?

25. - Top - End - #1075

No, it won't, I didn't think of that as a possibility. I will probably try to remake it eventually to include all the extra info like Killing roles, Banes, Seers, other Werewolf Groups, and now increases in the number of Werewolves. But for now it's pretty basic
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. That's right. It wouldn't have worked for Fae anyway, then; I'd forgotten that the Turned were added to a new team, not just increased the numbers.

And that makes sense. I'll have to play around with it a bit...

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Barbarian in the Playground

Take note, players of the two games I'm in that are currently in Night: I was gone for the entirety of yesterday and unable to do stuff. Now, however, school is finally over, so hopefully I'll be able to do more stuff.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Alan Wake Werewolf Recuitment is waiting for approval.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Barbarian in the Playground

Paranoia WW VI submitted for approval
    EDIT: It's now up here.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-06-15 at 11:55 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

I just had an idea for a cult based WW. Not where the wolves are the cultists: everyone is a cultist. The "good" cultists are attempting to rid themselves of the "evil" cultists who have strayed from the true path.

Instead of a lynch, each day someone is sacrificed. The difference is that a sacrifice has their power used, and magnified. The best example I have right now is that if the baner is sacrificed, that person can choose 3 people to bane for the following night.

It needs some work (deciding what each role would do when sacrificed, and which roles to use), but I think it could be interesting.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro