New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 Magic System] You Got The Skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    Not entirely sure what Metaskill uses there would be for those skills, except Bluff.
    Well, Hide could end up granting Invisibility and the like on you or an ally (failing it could either make an opponent temporarily invisible or make your presence very well known in some way). Use Rope ... who ever knows. Magically bind people from far away? Maybe not, just a thought.

Spellblade

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [3.5 Magic System] You Got The Skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Starlight View Post
    Well, Hide could end up granting Invisibility and the like on you or an ally (failing it could either make an opponent temporarily invisible or make your presence very well known in some way).
    You can already do that through Phantom Weaving. However, I do have an idea that can allow Hide to also function as Invisibility(basically granting Hide in Plain Sight), plus hiding the presence of other objects and people, which I call Cloaking, although I'm not sure if this would be any good.
    Use Rope ... who ever knows. Magically bind people from far away? Maybe not, just a thought.
    Sounds sort of interesting, but not sure if that would work.

Also, have an idea that would allow a metaskill to appear on a class list or two: How about extending metaskills to not just magic, but things like Weapon Handling(giving a bonus to attack/damage rolls), or how about a metaskill use of Craft that allows your character to create something quickly, adding to the DC if the materials available wouldn't even allow for the creation of such a thing(like a weapon made out of bubblegum and a few paperclips). Thoughts on this?
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil