New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Isn't that weird...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Do you mind explicating the difference? Your question in the OP and the dichotomy you created between coincidence / "something wrong with this story" didn't make sense to me.
    I don't understands you. My question was pretty simple:

My question: "Is it a crazy coincidence, or not?"
    Giant: "It's a coincidence."

There is nothing else to discuss about this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!
    A winner is you? And what's with shouting and bossy tone?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    We like her that way. This topic had been discussed before, but didn't pick that much interest since it's a bit of a moot point unless the Giant decides to makes a story about the order of the scribble. As it is we have «word of god» that it's not important to the present story.
    Last edited by teratorn; 2011-09-02 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Server is really behaving badly...
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understands you. My question was pretty simple:

My question: "Is it a crazy coincidence, or not?"
    Giant: "It's a coincidence."

There is nothing else to discuss about this.
    That doesn't answer my question. Clearly you and MoonCat are discussing the definition of coincidence. Yet you said this is "very different" from what you were discussing with the Giant. How is it different?

Also, what did you mean by your original question, and why the dichotomy between "coincidence" and "something wrong being with the story"? I'm asking you to define the terms of the original question. I'm trying to figure out why you asked the question. Clearly there is a choice there between "coincidence" and "something being wrong with the story" in your OP. What was the connection / disconnection in your mind relating those two options? Why those particular choices?

Also, the Giant didn't say "it is a coincidence." He said not to expect anything from it. (Which is where this definition of coincidence discussion originated, if I'm not mistaken.)
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2011-09-02 at 03:16 PM.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bossy tone? What?

ION: I'm backing out, since I don't really care enough about this any more. Have fun guys. At least we got an answer from the Giant!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Also, what did you mean by your original question, and why the dichotomy between "coincidence" and "something wrong being with the story"? I'm asking you to define the terms of the original question. I'm trying to figure out why you asked the question. Clearly there is a choice there between "coincidence" and "something being wrong with the story" in your OP. What was the connection / disconnection in your mind relating those two options? Why those particular choices?
    It (a rift-finder's coming from a city with a rift) must be a coincidence, or something wrong with Soon's/Shojo's story.

Also, the Giant didn't say "it is a coincidence." He said not to expect anything from it. (Which is where this definition of coincidence discussion originated, if I'm not mistaken.)
    Again, it must be a coincidence, or something wrong with Soon's/Shojo's story. According to the Giant, there is nothing to expect from this. So, Shojo's narrative about Soon's finding the rifts is true.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

It (a rift-finder's coming from a city with a rift) must be a coincidence, or something wrong with Soon's/Shojo's story.
    That makes a lot more sense, because I thought you were saying one option was that something was wrong with the strip itself, i.e. Rich's story. I thought that was a really odd choice there between coincidence / strip critique, and the fact that you and MoonCat subsequently discussed authorial intent and coincidences solidified my assumption that you must have intended this. But looks like I misinterpreted.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!