New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Nicol Bolas vs. Madara vs. Porky Minch vs. Dr. Robotnik for control of the earth!

As the title says. This vs. thread is one to decide which one of these villains would be able to successfully take over the earth if they all arrived on it. Unlike standard vs. threads, this one includes all minions that these characters have in their canon, including those who are dead(such as all the deceased akatsuki members for Madara and the Masked Man/Claus for Porky) as well as "allies" who do not consider themselves minions( Like Tez for Bolas, Metal Sonic for Robotnik and Sasuke + Kabuto for Madara). Weapons(like Gedo Mazo, the Tailed Beasts and the Death Egg) are also all legal. Basically, if they have access to it, they can use it. As for the world they are looking to take over, assume modern day earth with nothing special to separate it from our reality sans the presence of these villains and there respective armies. Any and all tactics are on the table, so manipulation of the locals(such as Porky/the Pig Masks brainwashing people with Happy Boxes) espionage(Such as Zetsu Clone infiltration) and any other atypical methods of combat are all legal here.

So, which side wins and conquers the earth?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Nicol Bolas is at post-mending/present MTG timeline power-level, not pre-mending psudo-deity power level.
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-09-09 at 08:08 AM.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Nicol Bolas vs. Madara vs. Porky Minch vs. Dr. Robotnik for control of the earth!

First thing to consider is the setting. The Ninjas of Naruto face a huge disadvantage in this one. Though canon has yet to show us the comparison of ninjutsu and modern warfare, I think their effectiveness is much lower against a modern military force than a handful of leaf cannon fodder.

Though you're a little bit ambiguous here. You say "If they have access to it" Technically, Madara has not yet captured the 8 and 9 tails, so I assume they aren't in the picture. They could be enough to swing my vote in his favor if he does.

Porky, admittedly, I don't know much about. His danger seems to come from his personal mecha and mind-control of simple citizens. His status as the big-bad's lackey in both his appearances also doesn't say much to his level of mastery.

Robotnik? I have to wonder if you're serious about this. He was beaten by a swift hedgehog on multiple occasions. His minions are killed by a swift hop to the head. Though they'd terrorize innocents, military forces wouldn't have much trouble, and he lacks the mental utilities that the others are bringing to the table.

Nicol Bolas' power is hard to gauge, but I certainly think he has the upper hand here. Despite the nerf that was the Mending, he was responsible for the rule or destruction of multiple worlds and held the strongest beings known in the multiverse (Eldrazi notwithstanding) under his thumb. His strongest point is his intellect. While Madara, and perhaps Porky, are both geniuses, Nicol Bolas is something else. With the power to shatter minds at a mere touch, dominate any creature he chooses, and destroy huge swaths of land and armies, I'm really leaning towards Nicol. Though, like the Ninja and Robot armies, the fodder are soft, the big bruisers of Magic are pretty considerable. A wurm with armor plating measuring 36 miles long is going to be a handful for anything.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Nicol Bolas vs. Madara vs. Porky Minch vs. Dr. Robotnik for control of the earth!

Madara easily conquers Earth with Kabuto's zombie ninjas. With no way for modern earth to seal them, its pretty much an auto win, not to mention all the other crazy stuff they can do.

Nicol Bolas probably also wins easily with his level of power. There just isn't much Earth can do against him.

Between the two, Nicol is probably better off since Madara could be theoretically be assassinated to end the invasion.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    First thing to consider is the setting. The Ninjas of Naruto face a huge disadvantage in this one. Though canon has yet to show us the comparison of ninjutsu and modern warfare, I think their effectiveness is much lower against a modern military force than a handful of leaf cannon fodder.
    He has an army of indestructible ninjas, many of whom have anti-city techniques, and an army of undetectable shapeshifters who can meld into earth to travel at great speeds.

The only thing I can see going wrong is if he tries using the Moon's Eye Plan on the Death Egg and Robotnik takes control of it somehow.

5. - Top - End - #5

I'm just going to say that Porky was only a minion in his first game appearance, he graduated to Big Bad in the second.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    He has an army of indestructible ninjas, many of whom have anti-city techniques, and an army of undetectable shapeshifters who can meld into earth to travel at great speeds.

The only thing I can see going wrong is if he tries using the Moon's Eye Plan on the Death Egg and Robotnik takes control of it somehow.
    Like I said. Indestructible. In the context of Naruto's world. A guy in field plate was seemingly indestructible to bronze age weaponry. A special technique to throw thirty kunai is still throwing kunai. Sure, the zombies might hold up against an M16, but what about predator missiles? Thermobaric explosions?

What techniques are city killers? Some are fairly large scale things, but nothing on the scale of OHKO'ing a city, which is generally suggested by the term. I've yet to to recall somebody using a technique that killed everyone within a city-wide radius, much less destroyed fortifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    I'm just going to say that Porky was only a minion in his first game appearance, he graduated to Big Bad in the second.
    I see. Thanks. Like I said, I'm not too well versed in Earthbound. Porky's appearance in Brawl was a little underwhelming, too.

Edit: Furthering Nicol Bolas support, he has no shortage of Indestructible creatures as well, and there are some legitimate city killers he could throw together. What if he brought Platinum Angel to the field? Darksteel Colossus? Somehow summoned the Eldrazi? Forcing Madara to sacrifice his assets circumvents their resilience.

If it came down to a one-on-one fight, I think Bolas would prevail over Madara, as well. Porky I can't gauge, again.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

What techniques are city killers? Some are fairly large scale things, but nothing on the scale of OHKO'ing a city, which is generally suggested by the term. I've yet to to recall somebody using a technique that killed everyone within a city-wide radius, much less destroyed fortifications.
    In Naruto Shippuden, one of the Guardian Twelve shinobi that had gone rogue, along with his cohorts, were just moments away from enacting a Jutsu that was going to completely obliterate the Hidden Leaf village, and had ALREADY used it to completely destroy several other smaller villages. They weren't even all that terribly strong, so I'm sure Madara could easily learn and teach the jutsu to 4 of his minions(who would easily be on a much higher power level then the ones who had used it), probably expanding it to something as massive as a Continent Destruction Jutsu(that might be taking it a bit far, but you get the point).

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

You are forgetting that Robotnik has:
    Orbital lasers
    Nukes
    Teleporters
    Vast Airfleets
    Huge legions of robots
    Particle weapons
    Huge war factories
    Advanced AI computers
    Genetic enginering
    Mind control Tech
    ect ect ect

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Not sure who Bolas is, so I'll leave him out for now.

The problem with Robotnik is all of his machines are either laughably destructible on their own or have a glaring, bright, glowing weak spot that also makes them laughably destructible. I'll also admit I'm not a huge Sonic person so I'm probably not able to accurately judge Robotnik's other assets, but from what I've seen I'd rate him just above Dr. Wily in terms of competence (which isn't very high).

So for me at least it comes down to Porky VS Madara.

A large portion of Porky's success in Mother 3 came from the fact that his army was COMPLETELY unopposed and he introduced greed and capitalism into a society that, until then, had no concept of money. The majority of his troops are fodder, though he does have a couple high-level units: Fassad, Claus, the Ultimate Chimera, the Giant Porky Statue, etc. and a few other bosses throughout the game. He has some cool robots, chimeras, etc. but nothing on the level of what Madara's got. He does have access to mind control, which has been shown to work on Madara's zombie army, but it's more subtle brainwashing type mind control than instant, and that would be difficult to implement.

The way I see it, Claus, Fassad, etc. might get in a few good kills before going down. Madara has just too many high-level ninjas at his disposal. The Ultimate Chimera is never going to drop ever. There is no fighting the Ultimate Chimera. The Ultimate Chimera is instant game over. Even the off-switch on its back is a temporary setback at best. However, the Ultimate Chimera is also a mindless beast and Madara has more than enough fodder to keep it busy. Porky himself is completely immortal, sure, but when the going gets tough, he's just going to hide himself in his Completely Safe Box and be trapped forever.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm talking about Comic Book Robotnik where those videogame mandated weaknesess do not exist. and he's the only person in this fight who has no qualms about just Nuking you. or sending in a space fleet to just distroy your civilization.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh huh. Remember Deidara? You know, the guy who created a bomb that could've obliterated all of Sunakagure? Remember Gaara, who lifted up significant portion of a desert to deflect that blast?

Remember those giants summons, even one of which can level hectares of forest? Pain, who could crush a whole village and create a small moon?

Orochimaru's Triple Rashomon, which created three steel gates, all several stories high? Naruto's Tailed Beast Bomb, which obliterated all of those gates in a single blast and left behing a crater hundreds of feet in diameter?

Yamato, who created a cliff and a waterfall out of nothing? Sasori, whose Third Sunakage pupper created the equivalent of a Gaus cannon with Chakra alone?

Even Rock Lee, as a simple Genin, could move at speeds greater than naked eye can keep track of, and crack stone with his punches and kicks. Destroy fortifications, you say? These people can run through them.

Nevermind that one of the basic Jutsus taught to all academy students is wet dream of all camouflage makers ever. Naruto ninjas don't have any disadvantage whatsoever against modern weaponry. No, not even at range. Again, look at Pain (Asura path, to be specific). See? Missiles.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Uh huh. Remember Deidara? You know, the guy who created a bomb that could've obliterated all of Sunakagure? Remember Gaara, who lifted up significant portion of a desert to deflect that blast?

Remember those giants summons, even one of which can level hectares of forest? Pain, who could crush a whole village and create a small moon?

Orochimaru's Triple Rashomon, which created three steel gates, all several stories high? Naruto's Tailed Beast Bomb, which obliterated all of those gates in a single blast and left behing a crater hundreds of feet in diameter?

Yamato, who created a cliff and a waterfall out of nothing? Sasori, whose Third Sunakage pupper created the equivalent of a Gaus cannon with Chakra alone?

Even Rock Lee, as a simple Genin, could move at speeds greater than naked eye can keep track of, and crack stone with his punches and kicks. Destroy fortifications, you say? These people can run through them.

Nevermind that one of the basic Jutsus taught to all academy students is wet dream of all camouflage makers ever. Naruto ninjas don't have any disadvantage whatsoever against modern weaponry. No, not even at range. Again, look at Pain (Asura path, to be specific). See? Missiles.
    Do any of them have access to space flight? Robotnik does,
    Do any of them have access to nanotech bombs that can rewrite a person's DNA Robotnik does
    Armies of particle weapon wielding soldiers Robotnik does
    Space Fleets Robtnik does
    Force fields Robotnik does
    Dimensional travel Robotnik does
    Biological Weapons, Nukes, Airforce. Orbital Space Lasers Robotnik does.

People are looking at Videogame weaknesses and not taking into account the character itself. When you go by the comics where those weaknesses don't exist Robotnik is just so far ahead in scale its not even a contest.