New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1548
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Q 337
    Is it possible to cast permanency on spells not specifically listed under the spell's description here? https://sites.google.com/site/pathfi...s/p/permanency

Q338
    Are there any good ways to destroy a gate? The magical kind, not the mundane kind.
    Last edited by The Redwolf; 2012-10-28 at 01:13 AM.
    καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν. John 1:05

Thanks to Cuthalion for the awesome avatar!

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    A camp of cyclops on a partially-dead magically-blighted plain.

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

A337

The GM may allow other spells to be made permanent.
    Not by RAW; the SRD has a fairly comprehensive list of the spells that specifically can be made permanent by RAW.

A338

Dispel the Gate or interrupt the caster's concentration; other magical plot-related portals are probably homebrew invented by your DM. Ask if a Knowledge (Planes), Knowledge (Arcana), or Diplomacy check to gather information would reveal how to destroy them.
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    A338

Dispel the Gate or interrupt the caster's concentration; other magical plot-related portals are probably homebrew invented by your DM. Ask if a Knowledge (Planes), Knowledge (Arcana), or Diplomacy check to gather information would reveal how to destroy them.
    Just to give some clarification on it, we actually need to destroy our own gate after using it for a bit, but we need it open longer than the concentration limit would allow. Could the original caster dismiss or dispel it on their own, or would we need to get something specifically to dispel it? There didn't seem to be anything on the gate page about dispelling them that I saw.

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

A338 - Clarification

As far as dismissing is concerned:
    Magic - Duration

Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

A spell that depends on concentration is dismissible by its very nature, and dismissing it does not take an action, since all you have to do to end the spell is to stop concentrating on your turn.
    You can also dispel your own spells. As for your conundrum in particular, I have to think about it for a little bit, as I don't immediately know a way to get around the concentration limit with a 9th level spell.
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Q 339
    Is there a feat that allows Monk levels to stack with Rogue or Ninja levels for purposes of determining some number of class features? I'm specifically looking for Sneak Attack and Unarmed damage or Flurry of Blows.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

A339

Sadly, Pathfinder does not have a great tradition of multiclassing feats. Shapeshifting Hunter is the only PF multiclass feat I can think of off the top of my head.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can talk with your DM about the Ascetic Rogue feat from Complete Adventurer, but it's 3.5 material.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q340

The benifits of mobility. If you move from a threatened square you get +4 AC for AoO.
    Does this cover other move actions in a threatened square, namely standing from prone. Or drinking a potion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Milo - I know what you are thinking Ork, has he fired 5 shots or 6, well as this is a wand of scorching ray, the most powerful second level wand in the world. What you have to ask your self is "Do I feel Lucky", well do you, Punk.
    Galkin - Erm Milo, wands have 50 charges not 6.
    Milo - NEATO !!
    BLAST

8. - Top - End - #1298

A340
    The text clearly says "when you move", not "when you make a move action", so I'd say it requires actual moving per RAW, not just a "move action".

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there a good NPC resource or generator for pathfinder? Something quick.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

A341

NPCs

Bestiary

Please number your questions.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Q342 If I have a spell-like ability that mimics a spell (such as the two rogue talents), do I need to speak if it has a somatic component, etc.?
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

A 342

No.

Quote Originally Posted by PF SRD, Universal Monster Rules
    Spell-like abilities are magical and work just like spells (though they are not spells and so have no verbal, somatic, focus, or material components).
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

Q 343

Other than Mystic Theurge, what does Pathfinder have in the way of dual-casting progression PrCs?

Q 344

Are there any Pathfinder divine casters that scale off of Int or arcane casters that scale off of Wis?
    Last edited by RFLS; 2012-11-02 at 01:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Halfling in the Playground

Q345: Does the gunslinger get access to all the deeds of his appropriate level and lower, or does he need to pick a single one from the list that he can access every time he gains the Deed class feature?

15. - Top - End - #1305

A345

Quote Originally Posted by pfsrd
    Deeds

Gunslingers spend grit points to accomplish deeds. Most deeds grant the gunslinger some momentary bonus or effect, but there are some that provide longer-lasting effects. Some deeds stay in effect as long as the gunslinger has at least 1 grit point. The following is the list of base gunslinger deeds. A gunslinger can only perform deeds of her level or lower. Unless otherwise noted, a deed can be performed multiple successive times, as long as the appropriate amount of grit is spent to perform the deed.
    I underlined the relevant bit. So yes, a gunslinger can use all deeds listed as being his/her level or lower.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q #346

the text below is rather confusing. how many spells per day would be granted
    you because of the below?

"If the spherewalker has no levels in a spellcasting class, she instead gains one 1st-level domain spell slot, which she may use to prepare spells from any of Desna’s domains as if she were a cleric. Her caster level is equal to twice her class level. With each new spherewalker level, she gains a new spell slot for a spell level equal to her class level. A 5th-level spherewalker would thus have a spell slot for one domain spell from 1st to 5th level spells. The number of bonus spells and spell save DCs are set by the spherewalker’s Wisdom score."
    Last edited by FoxArcaneArcher; 2012-11-04 at 05:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1307

A 346

That section of text applies only to a spherewalker with no previous spellcasting class. Such a spherewalker would have 1 spell slot of each level from 1st to 5th, based on class level. Additionally, bonus spell slots are gained based on the characters wisdom score (see this chart to determine how many bonus slots are granted[/url])

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Orc in the Playground

Q 347
    If a character has 7 levels of the Winter Witch archetype and 10 levels of the Winter Witch prestige class, how does the spellcasting stack for the purpose of caster level and spells. Mainly, would they count as a 16th or 17th level witch for the purpose of spells known, spells per day, etc.

Spoiler
    Show

ThiagoMartel:

19. - Top - End - #1309

A 347 16th level.

The first level of the Winter Witch prestige class does not advance the character's spellcasting ability. 10 levels of the prestige class adds 9 levels of spellcasting to the 7 levels of the base class, for a total effective caster level and spells per day/spells known of 16th level.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Q.348

I recently switched from 3.5 to PF.

In 3.5 it said that Wis replaces Dex for AC. In PF the way I read it: Both Dex and Wis get added to AC and Both Dex and Wisdom get added to CMD (I think it is CMD at least) Am i wrong?

21. - Top - End - #1311

Regarding Q 348

I think some information has been left out of the question. You refer to something as 'it', but fail to specify what 'it' is. What is causing the change in attributes that affect CMD and AC?

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

RE: Q348 Monk Class values

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

A 348

Your info about 3.5 is incorrect - monks get both Dex and Wis in that system. But that's a discussion for another thread.

As for Pathfinder:

Quote Originally Posted by PF SRD, Monk Class
    AC Bonus (Ex): When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four monk levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.
    So as long as he meets the conditions the monk gains Wisdom bonus to AC and CMD. In addition, the monk gains an addition +1 starting at 4th level, and that increases by another +1 every 4 levels.
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-11-05 at 02:12 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q349

As someone who has only really played 4.0 and Neverwinter Nights, is PvP combat balanced in PF?

Also, Q350 Were I to create a villain who only has class levels, would there be any real difference between creating him as an NPC and creating him as a PC?
    "Do what you need to do for your lame blue city, even if you turn a nice shade of tan for it."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

A 349

This isn't a RAW question, but rather seeking opinions. I'd suggest that the topic is probably interesting enough and broad enough that it could support it's own thread. There's a 3PP product designed specifically for pvp rules. If you start the new thread, drop me a PM with the link (in case I don't see it) and I'll share the info there.

A 350

Yes. NPCs get less gear than a PC. Aside from that, the creation rules are the same.
    John Ling

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Q 351 Has Pathfinder published any good pre-written modals/adventures/adventure paths other the rise of the rune lords, Jade Reagent and Kingmaker?
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

A 351

This isn't a RAW question, but rather an opinion-seeking question.
    John Ling

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    A 351

This isn't a RAW question, but rather an opinion-seeking question.
    In that case, what other modals do they have, good or otherwise?
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

A 351

Here's the full list of adventure paths they've done. This doesn't include stand-alone "Game Mastery" modules; I'm sure if you poke a bit on the site, you could find that list as well.
    Last edited by Zherog; 2012-11-08 at 07:47 AM. Reason: helps if I add the link, eh?
    John Ling

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

A 350-addendum

Paizo often gives "boss-level" NPCs PC-level gear and increases the CR by 1; this is not called out in the RAW, but has been used frequently enough to be considered by a DM trying to build a more difficult boss without adding levels.