New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    I always have zero pence (after one incident of misclicking and buying something I didn't want) and, if I want to buy something, I grind and then sell only what I've just grinded. Except for clothes. Nothing needs clothes, right? >.>
    I believe you need them to access the Empress's Court.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Also, ambitions. Who has what, out of curiosity? Heart's Desire for me. Managed to finish gathering first city coins, just grinding stats up now for the next few steps.
    I'm working on Heart's Desire right now, though I'm not sure where to go now. Got a note telling me to meet in the 'forgotten quarter', but I haven't found it yet. But I'm sure I'll stumble in there sooner or later. Half the fun's in finding new places after all

I'm also hard at work building up my relationship with hell and raising the following quirks: Hedonist, ruthless, subtle and heartless.

Speaking of that, does anyone know how to raise heartless?
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drakir_nosslin View Post
    I'm working on Heart's Desire right now, though I'm not sure where to go now. Got a note telling me to meet in the 'forgotten quarter', but I haven't found it yet. But I'm sure I'll stumble in there sooner or later. Half the fun's in finding new places after all

I'm also hard at work building up my relationship with hell and raising the following quirks: Hedonist, ruthless, subtle and heartless.

Speaking of that, does anyone know how to raise heartless?
    Ah, you need to go to your lodgings and select "Open new areas" to get into the Forgotten Quarter. You'll need a London Street Sign, which is about four or five echoes.

Raising qualities like Heartless/ruthless/hedonist is generally done through various opportunity cards. For the most part, just take whatever options seem the most like whatever stat you want to raise.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I believe you need them to access the Empress's Court.
    ...Damn. Well, I can also get there (temporarily) with Society and Duchess connections, at least.

There should also be an option in your lodgings to find a path to the Forgotten Quarter, or whatever the storylet was called? That's what I had when I did Heart's Desire.

5. - Top - End - #35

Ah, you need to go to your lodgings and select "Open new areas" to get into the Forgotten Quarter. You'll need a London Street Sign, which is about four or five echoes.

Raising qualities like Heartless/ruthless/hedonist is generally done through various opportunity cards. For the most part, just take whatever options seem the most like whatever stat you want to raise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    There should also be an option in your lodgings to find a path to the Forgotten Quarter, or whatever the storylet was called? That's what I had when I did Heart's Desire.
    Aha! Thanks a bunch, I had completely forgotten about that option. I'm rarely visiting my lodgings, I prefer to spend my time at a party somewhere, with a drop of prisoner's honey and a decent bottle of (stolen) wine.

Seems like I can unlock the way to the Forgotten Quarter without a street sign too, I just need to risk my sanity (7 and rising, exciting ).

I've found cards that helps me raise all my stats except heartless... I guess I just need to keep looking then.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

I've found cards that helps me raise all my stats except heartless... I guess I just need to keep looking then.
    IIRC, there's one that lets you read from different types of books. If you pick the swashbuckling story, that gives you Heartless.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh. This game sounded fairly interesting, so I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get the site to load up, only to find out that it requires having a Twitter or Facebook account to play :-(. Le'sigh, that sucks. Oh well, guess I'll just keep reading about it on here ^^

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Sigh. This game sounded fairly interesting, so I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get the site to load up, only to find out that it requires having a Twitter or Facebook account to play :-(. Le'sigh, that sucks. Oh well, guess I'll just keep reading about it on here ^^
    Yeah, I used the junk account that I have set up for a few little things.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I would actually recommend setting up a twitter account purely for EBZ. There's some interesting RP can go on on twitter, especially once the Masters start getting themselves involved in the conversations.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan305 View Post
    I would actually recommend setting up a twitter account purely for EBZ. There's some interesting RP can go on on twitter, especially once the Masters start getting themselves involved in the conversations.
    Bonus points if you get Mr. Eaten to reply.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you actually need your twitter account for anything besides logging into the game? I mean, you don't have to do any tweets or anything to progress in the game right? I finally got a twitter account created(blech), but it took me forever, due to my dial-up sucking so badly since January(long story), and if it actually requires me to use twitter regularly, I'm screwed ^^

12. - Top - End - #42

Do you actually need your twitter account for anything besides logging into the game? I mean, you don't have to do any tweets or anything to progress in the game right? I finally got a twitter account created(blech), but it took me forever, due to my dial-up sucking so badly since January(long story), and if it actually requires me to use twitter regularly, I'm screwed ^^
    It doesn't, though you can get some extra turns each day by tweeting.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    It doesn't, though you can get some extra turns each day by tweeting.
    But you can do so by simply hitting a button in-game.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, considering I"ll never actually use my twitter account for anything else, I went ahead and "tweeted" one of those little blurbs for an extra 10 actions. Kinda annoyed right now, almost out of actions for the day now :-(. 19 left. I have 9+1 Dangerous, 10 Watchful, and 2 Shadowy, 1 persuasive. I'm considering doing the "dangerous" major storyline involving the hunt of some mythical monster or whatever.

Very fun game though, glad I jumped through all the hoops to get to it :)

So, any tips for a beginner? I sold my iron manacles and anklets, and all my rostygold(well, I have more now), and some of another item so I could get myself a crappy little place to stay, but I haven't sold anything else since.

Seems like cards aren't to useful early on, or at least, I haven't had any good luck, most of the ones I've drawn were for stuff way out of my abilities(impossible to achieve things).

15. - Top - End - #45

Based on my experience: keep poking around everywhere and never shy away from risks (OK, maybe skip things that are worse than 'chancy'). The 'Bad Things' that come with some qualities are as fun and interesting as everything else.

16. - Top - End - #46

But you can do so by simply hitting a button in-game.
    Yep, all the Twitter-related actions are done in-game, so you won't actually need to visit the Twitter website ever again.

You can also invite your followers/followees to social actions (private dinner, game of chess, etc) or ask them for help getting rid of your Menances.

So, any tips for a beginner? I sold my iron manacles and anklets, and all my rostygold(well, I have more now), and some of another item so I could get myself a crappy little place to stay, but I haven't sold anything else since.

Seems like cards aren't to useful early on, or at least, I haven't had any good luck, most of the ones I've drawn were for stuff way out of my abilities(impossible to achieve things).
    Agreed with TPAM, just explore around and try everything. Even the risks aren't very bad because you still gain change points from failing storylets. Most of the early storylets don't have any Menances or other consequences from failing.
    Last edited by Ceric; 2011-09-13 at 11:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground

I have been wondering how you get confident smiles and i did not feel very smart when i found out the answer was in front of me the whole time.Have dinner with friends!So easy,yet i only just found out right now!

now i can at least get that heart's desire story line over with now.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

So, how often do you earn fate by going through the storylines? I've earned 2 thus far, wondering if I should just spend them once I get enough to get free actions, or if I'm patient enough I might earn enough to become an "Exceptional" friend/member, which requires 35 Fate for a month, which would be pretty nice, because 40 actions already seem waaaay to few.

19. - Top - End - #49

I've gotten a grand total of 11 Fate, all from the early storylets only. It's not very common.

(My base stats are Persuasive 70, Watchful 46, Shadowy 43, Dangerous 39, for an idea of where I am in the game.)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Based on my experience: keep poking around everywhere and never shy away from risks (OK, maybe skip things that are worse than 'chancy'). The 'Bad Things' that come with some qualities are as fun and interesting as everything else.
    I mostly agree with you -- Wounds, Scandal, and Suspicion aren't permanent inconveniences when they get too high. Nightmares gets rid of all of your Recurring Dreams, though, when it hits 8. If you want to follow those to their end, you'll want to be careful of failing high-level Watchful challenges. Once you get to about... 40 in a stat, the storylets that you unlock will inflict menaces on you when you fail.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I'm fully pulled into this game now, it's quite fun ^^ Glad I made the twitter account after-all. Trying to get the "Free offers" to load so I can spam through all the easily done ones so I can earn some fate coins, figure it'll mean some extra spam in my inbox, but if I can get 35 fate coins, doubling my total actions for a day would be well worth it.

Currently at 16+1 Dangerous, and I've officially started the Dangerous Ambition
    11 Watchful
    8 Persuasive
    7 Shadowy

I have a ton of stuff, thinking I'm going to save up until I can earn enough for 500 Whispered Secrets, I have a Card in my hand right now that for 500 whispered secrets, I can move to a different place, and unlock a bit of storyline as well.

What I currently have(Spoilered for length:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Morelways 1872(my mos texpensive item, a 10 pence(selling) bottle of wine. 60 Rostygold, 41 Whispered Secrets, 8 lamplighter Beeswax, 44 Greyfields 1879, 25 Rats on a String, 30 Moon-pearls, 7 Glim, 2 Cryptic Clues, 3 Greyfields 1882, 8 Surface Currency.
    Anything there that stands out as useful to keep?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Anything there that stands out as useful to keep?
    Keep the Morelways. Not the other stuff.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my. I just found a new Lodgings card. The Western Tower of the Brass Embassy. 40,000 souls for a room. Too awesome, but it'd be close to a month's worth of nonstop farming and I'm really not that patient.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my. I just found a new Lodgings card. The Western Tower of the Brass Embassy. 40,000 souls for a room. Too awesome, but it'd be close to a month's worth of nonstop farming and I'm really not that patient.
    I've been farming Prisoner's Honey (or, rather, stuff to buy Prisoner's Honey with) to buy a reservation at the Royal Bethlehem Hotel...currently at 23,000 Honey. But it's way too awesome for me to pass up.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I picked up a premises at the Bazaar a few months back. Took me about two months of solid grinding to get the 80k whispered secrets I needed

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I've been farming Prisoner's Honey (or, rather, stuff to buy Prisoner's Honey with) to buy a reservation at the Royal Bethlehem Hotel...currently at 23,000 Honey. But it's way too awesome for me to pass up.
    Heh. The Royal Bethlehem is posh, to be sure... but I think the Embassy has better company.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy crap, you guys have a TON Of stuff needed just to upgrade your lodgings. Do rewards start getting that much better? I'm looking at stuff in the Bazaar that costs like 10 Echos and what not, and I"m just like "Man, that's going to take forever to grind out"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Those are pretty high-level, I think both of those unlock at 70 Watchful. And yeah, the rewards start getting better. I have an action at my current location that rewards you with 50 Primordial Shrieks, which equals out to an Echo.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Those are pretty high-level, I think both of those unlock at 70 Watchful. And yeah, the rewards start getting better. I have an action at my current location that rewards you with 50 Primordial Shrieks, which equals out to an Echo.
    Sweet. The best I can get right now is more like 33 cryptic clues or 66 pearls.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm kinda irritated with Echo Bazaar at the moment. Spent hours yesterday/last night completing a ton of their Free offers. Enough to earn me 52 Fate coins, and instead I only ended up with 7 >< I just got done sending them an email, hopefully it doesn't take too terribly long for them to fix it. I have confirmation emails and log-ins for survey sites and surveys completed to prove that I finished them all, lol.

I want my Exceptional Friend Subscription! Need...More....ACTIONS!

Kinda sad, this game is just so addicting, lol.

Edit: Also, I'm on an interesting Storylet, I thought I had completed it, but it was still showing up, so I re-investigated, and opened it up a bit further, and then kept doing it over and over. I've earned 33 cryptic Clues, 100 Neverwinter Brass Gold, and 100 Rostygold as rewards thus far. Still more to go too! I could end it right now I think, but there is another branch that I completely ignored near the start and I'm going to go down it before I finish it off. It is the early watchful Gold colored quest(which I guess just signifies it's a longer one) about finding a Devil that has disappeared(Starving Artist is the Start).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2011-09-15 at 05:09 PM.