New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    *sad face*

"No-one remembers me..."

Though, Elder's current spiritual form is not that different from normal Hollows. It's not as distinctly human. So Silva is forgiven.
    Well, that, and the fact that Silva isn't sure what Elder is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

M-mimus can be useful?

3. - Top - End - #303

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Well, that, and the fact that Silva isn't sure what Elder is.
    "I'm totally not an Arrancar though. Nope."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, I really feel for Sora's lost little sister. I do hope she comes back around for PLAWT, though.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Wow, I really feel for Sora's lost little sister. I do hope she comes back around for PLAWT, though.
    Well, if she doesn't, maybe Sora and Kaito could bond over finding JUSTICE! for her? It'd be one way to build FRIENDSHIP! between them.

No, of course this isn't one of those plans that ends in fire and tears. Don't be silly.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "I'm totally not an Arrancar though. Nope."
    Quit pointing out the holes in my logic!

If nobody's told her what an Arrancar is, then she doesn't know. By name, at least. When she runs into the two in the park, she'll probably recognize some similarities in their reiatsu.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well, if she doesn't, maybe Sora and Kaito could bond over finding JUSTICE! for her? It'd be one way to build FRIENDSHIP! between them.

No, of course this isn't one of those plans that ends in fire and tears. Don't be silly.
    Seriously, KD, you can be such a bona fide textbook paladin sometimes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Seriously, KD, you can be such a bona fide textbook paladin sometimes.
    You say that. But consider how, uh, aggressive both of them can be. "Justice" might not be exactly what you think it might be.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone in the mortal world just about s*** their pants lol. I love it.

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Everyone in the mortal world just about s*** their pants lol. I love it.
    Where did this happen?
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Where did this happen?
    Oh, not in the official thread. Episode 11 thread, sorry I should have been clear.

12. - Top - End - #312

Ah. I think there is a misunderstanding. Smelling Arrancar doesn't make Allan scared. It makes him hungry.

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Ah. I think there is a misunderstanding. Smelling Arrancar doesn't make Allan scared. It makes him hungry.
    It kind of feels like they are scared and stuff. It made me feel powerful.

14. - Top - End - #314

Well, we'll see what happens.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I wonder if I could get Angelo involved as well.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Hold on a minute, there seems to be some kind of misconception about what philters and tonics can do. They aren't free reign for random powers, the Privaron Primera is capable of evolving defenses and attacks, that's it. Conversely, that's all that can be distilled from it's blood/DNA/stuff. It can't just abruptly develop a non-combat ability, and what the hell kind of stimulus would you introduce in the first place to prompt a mental link (even though an ability like that is beyond the Primera's evolutionary adaptions)?

Not trying to put a crimp on someone's plans or anything, but tonics and philters are incapable of providing what Cuerva wants. I only just noticed now, or I would have brought this up sooner.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Hold on a minute, there seems to be some kind of misconception about what philters and tonics can do. They aren't free reign for random powers, the Privaron Primera is capable of evolving defenses and attacks, that's it. Conversely, that's all that can be distilled from it's blood/DNA/stuff. It can't just abruptly develop a non-combat ability, and what the hell kind of stimulus would you introduce in the first place to prompt a mental link (even though an ability like that is beyond the Primera's evolutionary adaptions)?

Not trying to put a crimp on someone's plans or anything, but tonics and philters are incapable of providing what Cuerva wants. I only just noticed now, or I would have brought this up sooner.
    Well, if you'd been around consistently it would have been easier to avoid having people "mess up" your conception of something you effectively walked away from.

I had a couple of vague paragraphs to work from. That's it. Paragraphs that didn't include hard limits on what could be done with the "source material".

So you'll forgive me if I'm a little frustrated at you swooping in and saying "you can't do that!" after I've bloody well written several posts saying we can.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

You can get that from Von Geister, actually. His abilities work on similar principles to the privaron primera's and he does have a power that can create mental links. Tumor Nervioso.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

I think that means that Callos didn't see it earlier, but that's just my opinion.

And I thought it was pretty clear that the privaron developed qualities for fighting. Genoveva said so. Being able to mentally communicate (With itself since no one else would have that power) seems more than a little useless, don't you think? And now the Tonics primary purpose (alternatives to kido) are also being covered by Necromancia.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The problem is we'd essentially have to delete multiple posts.

Because Vicente would know if it was possible or not. Either it is, and we leave everything be. Or it isn't, and Nick and I have to delete a bunch of posts.

And I rather like the scene as it's playing out.

Maybe Vicente's secretly going to use his other favor to have the Ghost King lend him a sample of that tumor? But I'd rather not just negate all of that, or have it end up blatant lies/a mistake.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe everyone can talk and come to some kind of compromise instead of using absolutes?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #322

The problem is we'd essentially have to delete multiple posts.

Because Vicente would know if it was possible or not. Either it is, and we leave everything be. Or it isn't, and Nick and I have to delete a bunch of posts.

And I rather like the scene as it's playing out.

Maybe Vicente's secretly going to use his other favor to have the Ghost King lend him a sample of that tumor? But I'd rather not just negate all of that, or have it end up blatant lies/a mistake.
    why? Does Vicente have to be so flipping perfect he can never make a mistake? Scientists make more mistakes than they do breakthroughs, and most mistakes are what make breakthroughs. Science is not always perfect, and even world class scientists have been wrong. Freud was widely believed to be one of the most brilliant psychologists in modern times, and yet he was telling people that cocaine was perfectly healthy. No scientists are right 100% of the time, and Kazuo himself said that he made a mistace with the R.E.A.P.E.R.

23. - Top - End - #323

Oops, just noticed, I used Absalon's text color when Junichiro was talking.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. The truth of the matter is, we don't know. Obviously horrible souls exist, or there wouldn't be people like Mayuri. We don't know whether it's inherent that the soul is good or evil. In a setting like Bleach there's some basis in that theory, as spiritual power is somewhat soul-dependent, not necessarily life/person-dependent. It is entirely plausible that a soul that dies loses all traces of anything good or evil when they are sent back to the land of the living. However, there is no proof either way. It's better to be safe than sorry in Taiki's point of view.

By the way, no one who was put in Maggot's Nest performed crimes that were worth anything less than Execution. I feel that some of them probably had a choice between Execution or Maggot's Nest. It wasn't like, "steal a piece of bread from someone and get caught, bam you're in the Nest your whole life." It would have to be more extreme than that.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I just see that this is a reason that could be had by someone for the existence of Maggot's Nest. I'm sure Taiki believed in it. However, Maggot's Nest existed before Taiki became Captain. He wasn't the one who had it built. So maybe things were better in Mio's time (hint hint they were).

Ok, I see. It is thoughts of Taiki who doesn't know.

Sorry for my confusion.

Recently trying to read the ooc again, there are many worrying things, so I was worried.
    I was remembering the hell problem of the last game.

I think I will introduce a new mortal world character soon.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    why? Does Vicente have to be so flipping perfect he can never make a mistake? Scientists make more mistakes than they do breakthroughs, and most mistakes are what make breakthroughs. Science is not always perfect, and even world class scientists have been wrong. Freud was widely believed to be one of the most brilliant psychologists in modern times, and yet he was telling people that cocaine was perfectly healthy. No scientists are right 100% of the time, and Kazuo himself said that he made a mistace with the R.E.A.P.E.R.
    He'd have already discovered the general limitations of the "source material". If it absolutely cannot do something, he would know that. Remember, he's already produced multiple specific Tonics with the intended results.

This isn't a case of "oh, it will be a 30 foot high flame" and it ends up being 10 feet high. This is "my car made of lead can fly" when it can't. We're talking a basic property of the substance he's dealing with.

As well, in combat one might suddenly need to command minions. Bam. Justification for the evolution. Or, as I said, Vicente might end up doing some mixing with samples willingly given by Von Geister.

Also, Tonics aren't totally overshadowed by Necromancia. After all, Necromancia are limited by your aspect. So while Vicente can't set things on fire via Necromancia, he could via Tonics. And so on. The results are "lesser", but they're more versatile, and can be made to work for anyone.

26. - Top - End - #326

He'd have already discovered the general limitations of the "source material". If it absolutely cannot do something, he would know that. Remember, he's already produced multiple specific Tonics with the intended results.

This isn't a case of "oh, it will be a 30 foot high flame" and it ends up being 10 feet high. This is "my car made of lead can fly" when it can't. We're talking a basic property of the substance he's dealing with.

As well, in combat one might suddenly need to command minions. Bam. Justification for the evolution. Or, as I said, Vicente might end up doing some mixing with samples willingly given by Von Geister.

Also, Tonics aren't totally overshadowed by Necromancia. After all, Necromancia are limited by your aspect. So while Vicente can't set things on fire via Necromancia, he could via Tonics. And so on. The results are "lesser", but they're more versatile, and can be made to work for anyone.
    It's been a week since he got the samples. That makes him more intelligent than the ENTIRE Manhatten project combined. And lead actually can fly given enough lift, Mythbusters did it.

The point is, a week is not enough time to learn everything about a total unknown. Since it can practically adapt to any stimulus, he would have had to actually try to do this before he could tell if it wasn't possible.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    It's been a week since he got the samples. That makes him more intelligent than the ENTIRE Manhatten project combined. And lead actually can fly given enough lift, Mythbusters did it.

The point is, a week is not enough time to learn everything about a total unknown. Since it can practically adapt to any stimulus, he would have had to actually try to do this before he could tell if it wasn't possible.
    A couple of weeks, at least. He's also a centuries-old genius who's had ample time to build up his skills and knowledge.

Seriously, can we at least compromise on this? Why do you even care, riccaru?

28. - Top - End - #328

A couple of weeks, at least. He's also a centuries-old genius who's had ample time to build up his skills and knowledge.

Seriously, can we at least compromise on this? Why do you even care, riccaru?
    Am I not allowed to? And it hasn't been weeks. It's been less than a single week, according to the timeline.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Truth be said, the timeline for Hueco Mundo is, at the present time, completely screwed up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

So basically what Cuerva wants is a tonic that gives them telepathy. It might be that Vicente would not have specifically looked to produce that ability (numerous battle applications strategically, but just not plain useful for rank-and-file Hollows, specially given the time constraints), when he does, he finds that for some bizarre reason the tonic simply WILL NOT stabilize and behave the way he wants to, even though it should be theoretically possible to do just that.

Cue frustrations from the mad scientist, who might well seek aid from Von Geister. The Ghost King might not be a great scientific mind, but he certainly knows more about the nature of Hollows than all other sentient beings in Hueco Mundo combined, which makes him a perfectly valid source. Geister comments about the tumor, Vicente requests a sample to work with, end result is achieved.

Vicente remains a genius through no fault of his own, Cuerva gets a new toy.

I see no reason why it simply couldn't progress in this specific way.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show