New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

If she was going to lie about everything anyways why does the fact that an interrogation even occurred matter?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    If she was going to lie about everything anyways why does the fact that an interrogation even occurred matter?
    Because she can mislead and cause paranoia, of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Because she can mislead and cause paranoia, of course.
    Pretty much this, yeah. I wanted to show just how unhelpful and bitter she really was that they're mad at her for killing a useless former captain.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Some small part of me wonders why we'd interrogate her at all, or even take her information as useful.

5. - Top - End - #425

Some small part of me wonders why we'd interrogate her at all, or even take her information as useful.
    She has information. She's just unwilling to give it. That's why second should have "interrogated" her.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see why 10th couldn't "interrogate" her the same way.

Edit: Or why 2nd couldn't still "interrogate" her in such a way.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-17 at 11:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, well in that case, I guess since I'd play the prison guards it'd technically be up to me. I don't see why not, but they'd (obviously) be highly monitored and such.

Interrogation could have just occurred off-screen. I mean, she's been in prison long enough. Akki wouldn't be doing it probably if she's not in 10th or 2nd. Aya or Taro could probably do it if it is a scene that needs to be done or Nicklance or Goto wants to do it.
    That's fine tvga. I just think this is a good chance for Akki to be introduced to the game in a scene that fits her temperament. Nor is she the type to interrogate others.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Let me know when I should start playing prison guards, then!

9. - Top - End - #429

I don't see why 10th couldn't "interrogate" her the same way.

Edit: Or why 2nd couldn't still "interrogate" her in such a way.
    I wasn't sure if you wanted tenth to do that sort of thing or not.

I suppose it doesn't matter much, it was just kind of odd to think that they wouldn't have tried.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

riccaru, Taiki Takahashi is head of this division.

That said, I don't mind either way if 10th or 2nd tortured Suzume. I think it's possible that 10th would have interrogated her, then Taiki would have watched the tapes and gone "Well she's obviously lying through her teeth here, let's get 2nd in here and get some real information" and then torturing and such occurs.

I dunno, what are other people's thoughts on it? I'm open to others' opinions on this possible issue.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-18 at 12:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Let me know when I should start playing prison guards, then!
    I believe that's your cue then!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

riccaru, Taiki Takahashi is head of this division.
    It does amuse me that that's all that needs to be said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #433

Guard duty. It's new and exciting!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of the 2nd Division, I've been itching to write up a member of it for a while.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

What should we do to "speed along the plot," since apparently it's a problem that the game is moving slowly?
    Both Soul Society and Hueco Mundo are advancing steadily at the moment. Mortal World is still somewhat "stuck" in aftermath of Day 19, but overall it doesn't seem like there's something big and important holding us up, just a few separate scenes that need to be finished.

So, I don't see much preventing us from transitioning Mortal World to Day 23 (or so, to get in line with Soul Society) and starting up the Samsara plot. One possible idea: the kids are going to training camp held by the teacher, right? Let's have them start there. If it needs to be settled how they got there, that could be solved in flashbacks concurrently with moving the plot forward.

Example post structure:

[Kaito is in the camp.
    Flashback to how Kaito got to the camp.
    Kaito is in the camp again, stuff happens.]

[Val is in the camp.
    Flashback to how Val talked with Kaito of the camp.
    Val is in the camp again, stuff happens.]

Protocol. In addition, they wouldn't have known whether she'd be co-operative or useful before the fact.

I think 10th would've checked at least those parts of her speech that would be reasonably easy to. For example, "there are three more people in Soul Society? Maybe we shoud search for them". Considering it's Taiki Division and the whole thing is aftermath of a sudden terrorist strike, such caution would be warranted.

It's possible, even like they'd have given up after it became clear Suzume is only going to rant in lunacy. This might even be why her execution was ordered in a relatively short time.

As for torture - I think that, at this time and age, Soul Society would know that torture is a good way to get someone do what you want, but a really bad way to extract accurate information - especially of someone who is, by all accounts, already insane. So there's a good chance they just didn't bother.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-09-18 at 04:08 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Well doing whatever she's going to do to him to "keep him on his toes".
    Last I checked, Cuerva isn't an LG paladin that keeps her word.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Hey, I'm not sure so I'm asking, but would whoever is in charge of 10th let Akki in to see Suzume before she's executed, to patch her up so she can meet her sentence with dignity? It's the kinda thing Akki would do and the perfect chance to introduce her!

Also, for Kuroi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't mind if Soushi panics about what Suzume might or might not have told Akki while being healed. Could lead to some good plot.
    I don't remember exactly what Suzume has done, but somehow I feel like "dignity" is not on top of the list of things she is allowed before her execution. That judgment call is totally up to Aya (Nicklance), as Akki would probably be stopping their group in the prison or on the way to the execution if she wanted to do that.
    Oh, well in that case, I guess since I'd play the prison guards it'd technically be up to me. I don't see why not, but they'd (obviously) be highly monitored and such.

Interrogation could have just occurred off-screen. I mean, she's been in prison long enough. Akki wouldn't be doing it probably if she's not in 10th or 2nd. Aya or Taro could probably do it if it is a scene that needs to be done or Nicklance or Goto wants to do it.
    Is it protocol to let death row prisoners get healed up before they are croaked? Aya follows protocol since it is the proper thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Guard duty. It's new and exciting!
    Coming from real life military experience, hell no.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Is it protocol to let death row prisoners get healed up before they are croaked? Aya follows protocol since it is the proper thing to do.
    In real world, it's fairly common to have a doctor check up the, uh, "patient" before they receive their final "treatment". Of course, it's a matter of how civil the attitudes are towards traitors.

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    In real world, it's fairly common to have a doctor check up the, uh, "patient" before they receive their final "treatment". Of course, it's a matter of how civil the attitudes are towards traitors.
    Yes, we wouldn't want her to be in pain when she gets decapitated. That would be inhumane

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Properly-done decapitation is painless, as is having your soul incinerated in seconds by a blazing bird of fire.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya would let the doctor give whatever necessary medical attention then, since it is the proper thing to do, or else we'll be stooping as low as the criminals we capture/execute.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Properly-done decapitation is painless, as is having your soul incinerated in seconds by a blazing bird of fire.
    Not if the oxygen in your lungs burns first.

Also, because this parody MUST be made.

"Hissatsu! One of Rouga's 666 secret skills!

Seduction: Rouga Kiss."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-18 at 10:15 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tsk tsk Rouga the Rogue.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh you're just jealous I'm not doing that to Cuerva instead."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Oh you're just jealous I'm not doing that to Cuerva instead."
    Hell no. Not all of my female characters need to get hitched or anything.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

"Bah. You know naught about kissing. Let me show you an example."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, Nicklance, the guards to the cell just let Aki in now, so you don't have to worry about anything!

Taiki's good enough at reading people that he could probably have watched the tapes and figured out that Suzume wasn't going to tell them anything actually useful, whether she was insane or just lying (though he might not have been able to guess from those two possibilities).

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    or else we'll be stooping as low as the criminals we capture/execute.
    This is mostly Aki's reasoning herself for healing Suzume. That, and it just seems wrong to her to leave a person in pain without treatment, traitor or no, even if they are about to be executed and the only person who'd be safer while treating Suzume is the captain who is very very busy...so here Aki is. xD

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

I must say I am slightly disappointed that Genny didn't so much as flinch when Rouga claimed she'd have his babies in the future. Twice.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I must say I am slightly disappointed that Genny didn't so much as flinch when Rouga claimed she'd have his babies in the future. Twice.
    She assumes the stranger is delusional, crazy, or suicidal and thus doesn't know what he's saying.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

She doesn't seem to have even a tickling in the back of her brain as to why he's "000", does she?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show