New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    She doesn't seem to have even a tickling in the back of her brain as to why he's "000", does she?
    Are you kidding me? She knows exactly who he is, but Rouga seems like the type of guy who is obsessed with being known/center of attention whenever he's around. In other words, she's screwing with him by pretending not to remember.

Keep in mind, that's only my impression of Rouga's character right now, I'm probably way off.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

She doesn't seem to have even a tickling in the back of her brain as to why he's "000", does she?
    "It means he's a complete zero, that's what it means!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Are you kidding me? She knows exactly who he is, but Rouga seems like the type of guy who is obsessed with being known/center of attention whenever he's around. In other words, she's screwing with him by pretending not to remember.

Keep in mind, that's only my impression of Rouga's character right now, I'm probably way off.
    Well, he's showing off right now in an attempt to impress Genoveva. Whether he's successful or not is a different matter entirely!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Properly-done decapitation is painless, as is having your soul incinerated in seconds by a blazing bird of fire.
    Fun fact: the guillotine is, in fact, probably the most humane method of execution known to man (most reliably painless and quick) it's just that it's gotten such a horrible rap from the French Revolution that no one uses it any more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Fun fact: the guillotine is, in fact, probably the most humane method of execution known to man (most reliably painless and quick) it's just that it's gotten such a horrible rap from the French Revolution that no one uses it any more.
    Well, so long as you keep the blade sharp and the tracks clean and smooth, so it descends rapidly and evenly, and makes a clean slice through and through.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well, so long as you keep the blade sharp and the tracks clean and smooth, so it descends rapidly and evenly, and makes a clean slice through and through.
    It's still much more reliable than anything else.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's still much more reliable than anything else.
    Hollow point to the head. Brutal, but the sudden systematic destruction of brain matter ought to make it instant death.

Considering there's more than a few reports of heads remaining conscious and aware after being cleanly decapitated, I'm not sure it's actually "more humane".

My 2 cents on the matter would be that a slow, fatal overdose of morphine would generally take care of the requirement. But that's not really here or there in this case.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought the execution was done by hand, as in using a zanpakuto. Sakura used to do every execution personally.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering there's more than a few reports of heads remaining conscious and aware after being cleanly decapitated, I'm not sure it's actually "more humane".
    That's actually more often a fluke then anything else, due to a faulty cut not getting what it's supposed to. Also, even in such cases, there'd still be no REAL pain. Might be weird to see one's own body though.

And you'd be surprised about how many people survive a shot to the head, even hollow points.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2011-09-18 at 05:28 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I thought the execution was done by hand, as in using a zanpakuto. Sakura used to do every execution personally.
    Unless Magatsu changed this, it's actually a ceremonial blade kept on-site.

Callos: Still, it would induce panic in the final moments. Not exactly a great thing.

Also, I meant the head, as in the brain case specifically, not the face (which has enough spaces and parts and such a bullet could hit the mouth or some such and not enter the brain). Two to the back of the head with .45 hollows, or similar caliber, and that are designed to specifically damage soft tissue (as opposed to penetrate armor) should, in my understanding, always destroy enough tissue to instantly cease life functions.

Moot point, though. Seems like Seireitei does a chopping sword to the neck, and that's that.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

That's because the brain takes a second or two to die from lack of blood/oxygen. There's still no pain, as the nerves meant to convey it are severed too fast, just a brief moment of confusion.

In the same vein, heart shots, especially to large animals like bears or elks, take several seconds to kill them. The shock and the adrenaline prevent them from feeling more than the initial impact, but there's so much blood in their bodies that they take a while to realize they're dead.

Bullets to the brainpan prolly don't have such delay, but the difference is negligible.

Well, with enough super strenght, painless execution becomes pretty easy, as long as the one to be executed doesn't have stupid levels of super toughness.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

I would say sedate the poor bastard and Hadou the back of the head into oblivion.

Shakkahou to the back of the head should do the trick.

Alternatively, sedate, drill a tiny hole on top of the skull, inject with sufficiently fast-acting acid.

Basically, if you destroy the brain fast enough, the concern over the final moments of the convict vanishes.

Although the idea of good ol' execution by bullet sounds nifty, specially if you add the caveat that if the convict survives a botched execution, he/she should go free. (Reminds me of a fable about a family with six identical brothers who had extraordinary abilities. Basically, one brother was sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit. As his last wish, he asked to go home to his family the night before. Basically they swapped one brother per attempt until the villagers gave up trying to execute the guy.)

EDIT: All troubles regarding potential botched executions by shot to the head are solvable via sniper rifle bullet to the temple.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-18 at 05:48 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    This is mostly Aki's reasoning herself for healing Suzume. That, and it just seems wrong to her to leave a person in pain without treatment, traitor or no, even if they are about to be executed and the only person who'd be safer while treating Suzume is the captain who is very very busy...so here Aki is. xD
    "You'll make a fine Vice-Captain."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unless Magatsu changed this, it's actually a ceremonial blade kept on-site.

Callos: Still, it would induce panic in the final moments. Not exactly a great thing.

Also, I meant the head, as in the brain case specifically, not the face (which has enough spaces and parts and such a bullet could hit the mouth or some such and not enter the brain). Two to the back of the head with .45 hollows, or similar caliber, and that are designed to specifically damage soft tissue (as opposed to penetrate armor) should, in my understanding, always destroy enough tissue to instantly cease life functions.

Moot point, though. Seems like Seireitei does a chopping sword to the neck, and that's that.
    leading the prayers and being the one to wield the blade that sends them off into to cycle of rebirth in the mortal world.
    It has to be a zanpakuto. I never said it had to be their own, did I?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It has to be a zanpakuto. I never said it had to be their own, did I?
    You missed this:

At the far end, opposite the pagoda, is a large, raised circular platform carved from marble and engraved with intricate carvings that form a complex web of symbols and patterns throughout. At the center of the platform is another raised circle cut from the stone, on which rests a small shrine. Within the shrine is a plain looking ceremonial sword, resting on a raised dais and shielded by thin veils on all sides.
    And

The blade, though simple and modest in appearance, serves the role of sending criminals off to the mortal world to be reborn.
    EDIT: In other words, reading that at face value says it's not a zanpakutou. It's a blade made in Soul Society. There's nothing that says only a zanpakutou can kill a Shinigami; I'd wager any sharp piece of metal would do it in the right circumstances.

Again, this is dependent on what Magatsu has or hasn't changed.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-09-18 at 06:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the status of the four horses of the apocalypse is? I'm thinking of having Edward do some desert wandering of his own to try his luck against one.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the status of the four horses of the apocalypse is? I'm thinking of having Edward do some desert wandering of his own to try his luck against one.
    I'm waiting for it too
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

My ORIGINAL plan was to have Famine show up at the Aerie Del Sacrificio, but the blasted defectors of the Kidou Corps. decided to take it over and I didn't feel like offering an anticlimax to that plot by having a HORSE suck them all dry.

That said, which horse was Edward going for anyway?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

That said, which horse was Edward going for anyway?
    I was thinking Famine, but any would do.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, nothing says Edward and Cuerva can't dispute over Famine.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, I just figure that unless the horses each reside in certain areas that people know about, Edward wouldn't really be able to choose which one he encounters during his travels.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the horses themselves are thought of to be something of a myth. But if Edward happened to be looking for any of them, it'd make sense to look where their respective aspects are supposedly stronger.

A land where thousands of Hollows were trapped to die of starvation would be my first guess for Famine's location.

Pestilence could probably be found wherever there's a huge concentration of poisonous Hollows, particularly if they make the land itself unfit to inhabit.

War would be most likely found wherever rather large amounts of Hollows clashed in savage battle. The mere birth of an Adjuchas would not be enough, as that event is more about consumption than it is about fighting. Given that since the time of Las Noches' stablishment there hasn't been such conflict for a while, War would probably be easier to find in the mortal world instead.

Death is whimsical and difficult to find, if nothing else because unlike the other three, it has no distinctive attractions (the other three are each attracted to a kind of death themselves, so demise pure and simple is insufficient). There is rumor that it can only be found when one is on the edge of returning to the cycle of reincarnation.

...which would make Rouga a good source of information on it, what with the whole near-fatal experience with Von Geister he had millenia ago.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

EDIT: In other words, reading that at face value says it's not a zanpakutou. It's a blade made in Soul Society. There's nothing that says only a zanpakutou can kill a Shinigami; I'd wager any sharp piece of metal would do it in the right circumstances.

Magatsu hasn't changed any of that, because he hasn't really had time to do that, and because he probably has no intent to do so. For actual public executions, there are rituals that are observed and have been observed for centuries on end (at least the way I interpret it). Daisuke intends to use the sword, but he's not going to use it quite the way that Sakura did. Perhaps you recall my post in which he was poring over tomes of spiritual anatomy? I did that for a reason.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... there are two characters I'm thinking of making, and although they won't appear much (unless someone attacks the Hayashi mansion) I'm still going to make profiles for them, just for fun.

So, could anyone please tell me what the japanese would be for these two phrases:

'Blade of the Sun'
    'Blade of the Moon'.

Thanks in advance!

{Not PMing anyone because I don't want to take up an inbox with something that will not be used that much. }

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... there are two characters I'm thinking of making, and although they won't appear much (unless someone attacks the Hayashi mansion) I'm still going to make profiles for them, just for fun.

So, could anyone please tell me what the japanese would be for these two phrases:

'Blade of the Sun'
    'Blade of the Moon'.

Thanks in advance!

{Not PMing anyone because I don't want to take up an inbox with something that will not be used that much. }
    日刃 Nichijin "Blade of the Sun"
    月刃 Tsukiha "Blade of the Moon"

Tsukiha is a character name some players may remember.

Please freely send pm if you would like. It is easier to see than busy ooc thread.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I feel like I should be a little insulted at Hachiro's implication that the Joint Op (which I think I introduced the idea for IC) is the cause of everything.

Because, you know, no one ever does joint training missions, no sir.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

A good case can be made that any piece of metal held by Shinigami becomes a Zanpakuto. Remember, Asauchi or "dull blades" without spirits or names for themselves are the first thing given to Academy students.

But overall, yes, I do think pretty much anything could kill a Shinigami in the end. I do not think they need to be killed in any specific manner for their souls to reincarnate on earth. Rather, I think they need to be killed in a specific manner to prevent that. This applies to other Pluses, as well.

I feel like I should be a little insulted at Hachiro's implication that the Joint Op (which I think I introduced the idea for IC) is the cause of everything.

Because, you know, no one ever does joint training missions, no sir.
    It was supposed to be a joke on the overall plot, which was set in motion in Ep.3, and the events that took place concurrently in the mortal world. Karite's Hollowfication, Akio's madness, Kujo contacting Nagamichi Shoushi, all of those things can be traced back to it.

I have no idea why would you feel insulted of that. I was just making fun of our own continuity.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-09-19 at 01:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    日刃 Nichijin "Blade of the Sun"
    月刃 Tsukiha "Blade of the Moon"

Tsukiha is a character name some players may remember.

Please freely send pm if you would like. It is easier to see than busy ooc thread.
    Certainly sounds better than Taiyouha or Geppa.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Pixie in the Playground

k...i was gone for the weekend...i know i need to post in the episode 10 thread...

what else folks? any help?

Seems like the OOC went bananas

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

Well, Kazuma is ready to debrief Taro at the earliest convenience.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show