New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

maximus25: Alright, just so I'm certain that I understand what I'm reading: Your guy's Shikai either grants an Enhancement Bonus to his AC/Movement and Fast Healing OR a DoT aura that restores an amount of his HP equal to the total damage dealt?

I seek clarity because your wording made my eyes cross a little.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-09-07 at 10:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Taro has been Acting Captain all of about one day now (Day 20). If there is something going on in an episode that I am not currently RPing in and affects Taro or the 10th. I'd appreciate a little heads up if it has implications on them.

On a side note, as i stated earlier. The 9th Division has reconnaissance who get out to the most distant Districts, but as they are usually alone, they tend to only observe and report of dealings that would probably be big, unless their recon is sparked by something to force them into taking more time in a specific district. As they have to cover such large amounts of area alone they would rarely get involved in any altercations. However a major altercation or at least news of it would probably trickle out into the populace and would probably cause the members to look a bit closer.

I am babbling...sorry...if this doesnt pertain...ignore it i guess

Anyways...PM me if you have questions regarding IC decisions for the 10th while Taiki is away form his post.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I think the best answer is that while 10th was trying to take them down quietly and completely stamp out the entire organization in one fell swoop, Kazuma waltzed in and tried to beat the entire criminal underworld to death with a stick. 10th was well on their way to getting the job done when Kazuma interfered, possibly setting back the rest by sending the other 3 into hiding or something. As it is now, they might not have enough to actually convict the guy at this point. Would make for an interesting plot.
    Yeah, I really just did a lot rambling. That's basically what I mean. I agree with both sides.
    I think the only reasons to give for Kazuma getting the job done first are recklessness and coincidence. Mainly coincidence. And tgv8889 just doesn't want too many coincidences so he said he'd keep track of them.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-07 at 10:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Like Kuroi said, focus on IC responses. The bloody Episode is well over and done with, and it would be silly to just retcon it away. So instead, let's just move on.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

I had an idea for an arrancar, but I've got too many characters so I'll just throw this idea out as a free pass for anyone who wants to grab it. I suppose it could also work for a shinigami. But then the picture doesn't really fit.

Basically, his resurreccion would be a matador getup (as shown in the picture). The cloak would redirect anything passing through it to any other direction the wielder chooses.

...So yeah.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I had an idea for an arrancar, but I've got too many characters so I'll just throw this idea out as a free pass for anyone who wants to grab it. I suppose it could also work for a shinigami. But then the picture doesn't really fit.

Basically, his resurreccion would be a matador getup (as shown in the picture). The cloak would redirect anything passing through it to any other direction the wielder chooses.

...So yeah.
    Make him a samsara. They could probably use some more help >_>
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kazuma failed to notice one thing when he brought Qing Di in.

There's no overt or even direct evidence against the man himself to really convict him or stick any charges on him.

The man is one of the 4 Kings, he wouldn't be alive or in power long enough if he doesn't know how to cover his tracks. Kazuma brought in a guy he beat nearly to death and Qing Di is going to get away freely.

So yes, there could be an undercover team by the 10th, and what Kazuma did could nearly compromise the operation.

And that sirs, would be fun to see Qing Di walk away and Kazuma shaking his fist behind him.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Why would Kazuma be shaking his fist at him?

You seem to forget, Nick, that Kazuma came to the Shigokuou to tell them to cooperate with Seireitei. Kazuma took him back to Seireitei because the guy was beaten nearly to death within sniping range of an opportunist who would love the power vaccuum his absence would create.

If his concern were with something silly like "bringing them to justice", Qing Di's head would have already rolled.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as 10th's relation to the Gaiden episode goes, I agree with riccaru, and would like to also point out:

For the last two weeks, 10th has been in turmoil, what with their Captain knocked out and now out doing his own things; their Vice-Captain has been slacking; their 3rd seat was busy dealing with escapees of Maggot's Nest; their fourth seat has been training for a mission as far removed from Zaraki as possible.

It might well be 10th had the Kings by the balls, but just couldn't take action at this moment, leading to Kazuma going around being stupid.

Stupid, because at least Raghdu is a sneaky bastard who stays out of daylight when he just suspects someone's on his heels. Now he knows, and is probably well into the unexplored wilderness behind the Outer Ring by now.

"Yeah, thanks a lot for warning me, pal. Thumbs up."

But anyways, I agree with KD as well: focus on IC response. It's the same thing as with Akio. None of the OOC talk we had on the issue really mattered until it was made IC reality, and I didn't need OOC prodding to do something I was about to anyway.

So tgva, Hirokatsu, I encourage you to have Taro Banzuke or even Taiki himself to stop by and, hehehe, congratulate Kazuma on his job well done.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Oh relax, Frozen. Raghdu will have his just dessert.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Oh relax, Frozen. Raghdu will have his just dessert.
    Though it's kind of hard to run your criminal empire when you're sitting in a cave in the wilderness, alone with nothing but 5 sticks of jerky and a chamber pot to keep you company.

Part of me wants to see him try and take on Masaru.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Part of me wants this whole thing to work even if it's just by sheer dumb luck that Kazuma's opponents figure out just how boned they are if they decide to back down on his offer.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Part of me wants this whole thing to work even if it's just by sheer dumb luck that Kazuma's opponents figure out just how boned they are if they decide to back down on his offer.
    As I find the whole operation interesting and slightly amusing, I hope so too.

Which I think might be a good way to approach the friction with the 10th; while the 10th basically say "We should have been called in to arrest them!", Kazuma says "That's not the point! They're supposed to stay there so they can help make things better!", and 10th says "Argh criminals kill kill kill!".

...Okay, maybe not the last part exactly, but you get the idea.

14. - Top - End - #44

Frozen, excellent choice of battle music in Hueco Mundo.

*applauds*

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm wondering: Would it be okay if we start rolling Soul Society over to Day 22? That way, Kazuma maybe had the night to recover, Masaru's slept off his short bout of drinking, Emet's free to meet with Ryouichi, and so on. Basically, gives us a fresher slate than trying to cram even more into Day 21.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    maximus25: Alright, just so I'm certain that I understand what I'm reading: Your guy's Shikai either grants an Enhancement Bonus to his AC/Movement and Fast Healing OR a DoT aura that restores an amount of his HP equal to the total damage dealt?

I seek clarity because your wording made my eyes cross a little.
    Basically yes. He chooses, but can change freely between the two. It takes some time to change tho, so he's vulnerable during the time he is switching.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

That's fine by me.

It also allows the Love & Cute team to prep up for Operation: Wipe the Floor with Takeshi's Ass.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-08 at 11:36 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not saying what happened needs to be change. In fact, I think I specifically mentioned that the argument didn't matter because what had happened had already happened and was being dealt with in an IC fashion already. So yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

In the future it would be nice to know when there are things that specifically involve my characters or elements of the game I had a hand in designing, so that I can give some input and understand before it has happened and don't have to make up the response in a few hours. That's all.

HirokatsuGoto, if you would like to ask me anything about what 10th's response to this should be, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it. I think it'd be proper for Taro to talk to Kazuma rather than Taiki at this juncture.

(Also, yes, some of my upsetness comes from the fact that 10th is so screwed up right now, it'd be nice if they got a break long enough to at least make up for the horrendous loss of Maggot's Nest.)
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-08 at 02:07 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

For what it's worth, I didn't really pause to consider 10th's role in this before I got the Episode rolling. It actually kinda steps on the toes of the Noble families that work on improving Zaraki/Rukongai too, if you think about it.

Anyhoo, I'll be more careful next time.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

That's okay. I understand.

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Basically yes. He chooses, but can change freely between the two. It takes some time to change tho, so he's vulnerable during the time he is switching.
    Sounds like a legit set of powers for a 'fight you in the face' Shinigami.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Did we ever get a definite answer on whether spirits remember their past life or not?

I personally agree with the "Some do, some didn't have one and some forget" interpretation, but I know far less than most of the wise old players here.

It is kind of important for my currently most used character, though. Since part of her personality is heavily influenced by the trauma of a Hollow attack.

Which reminds me that I should introduce my only other character in the Venti Buon... Once I've slept and isn't contemplating breaking down the same door as Nicklance on my way out.

*Breaks skylight instead*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

@Steilos: Good to see you back. Also, I can't wait to see Apolinar's reaction to what was the cause for Pico reaching for Novena.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #54

It'll be... interesting to say the least.

Also, I've been wondering when Henry should actually start his whole substitute-fae thing. I'm not exactly sure when I want to do it but this thunderstorm does give me an idea.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Alright, I have finally finished writing up Sabas' Necromancia. As a note, Sabas has not developed most of these yet due to his previous lack of knowledge about Necromancia, but he is going to advance very quickly.

As a side note, I've decided to retcon his Aspect of Death from Misfortune to Misdirection, as it all around fits him and his abilities much better.

As always, P.E.A.C.H.

Necromancia, Sabas Fortunato: Misty Trail of a Thousand Misdirections
    Spoiler
    Show

Not unlike a powerful hallucinogen or drug, Sabas' Necromancia manipulates, controls, and distorts his opponent's perception of reality itself, forcing them to question both their own senses and eventually their sanity.

Fundamental: Trailless Forest
    Trailless Forest is an unusually subtle manifestation of Necromancia, but it has its uses. It is a complex Fundamental Necromancia that has a number of effects. First, it causes Fortunato's Reiatsu to be spread out over a tremendous area; several miles even when he is behaving passively. Second, it causes his Reiatsu to be spread perfectly evenly throughout its area, and prevents any method of spiritual tracking from determining Sabas' location within the fog of his Reiatsu. Finally, it causes Sabas' Reiatsu to shift about at random; it does not cover an evenly shaped area as most Reiatsu does, instead warping and twisting. This means also that Sabas is not necessarily at the center of his Reiatsu; he could be anywhere, even the edge.

Lesser:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stagnant Reflection: Each casting of this spell creates a mirror image of its target. The mirror image looks identical for all intents and purposes, but is not solid and has no mass. That said, the illusion will generate imitations of such things as dust clouds rising from the imitation's footsteps. The mirror image remains a few feet away from its template, and mirrors their movements perfectly.
    Misread Glimpse: When Sabas uses this spell, it creates an exact but illusory image of one of his attacks. Sabas himself must still make the necessary motions in order to make it convincing. For example, if he used the spell to mimic a Cero, he would still have to lift his hand. Otherwise, the "Cero" would seem to appear from thin air.
    Madness of the Birds: Madness of the birds is a passive effect when in effect. While it is activated, any individual within Sabas's Reiatsu loses their sense of the compass directions, severely inhibiting navigational ability. This spell does not normally affect anyone of significant power (mid to high level seated and up). If Sabas directly injects some of his own Reiatsu into a target through physical contact, however, then that individual is rendered vulnerable regardless of their power level. Sabas can also exclude anyone he desires from this effect.
    Alluring Distress: This spell creates a fake wound on Sabas's body. Any kind of injury can be mimicked, from a laceration to a burn to a broken bone. Sabas has enough skill to make almost any injury seem convincing, but the wound does not show the circumstances of its creation. Thus, the spell is most useful in combination with attacks from the opponent that obscure vision.
    Fade Into the Mists: This spell causes light to harmlessly pass through Sabas, rendering him completely invisible to the naked eye. This does not, however, mask any effects of him walking, such as leaving footprints or kicking up dust. He is also not protected from other means of detection, such as hearing or scent.
    Moment of Tranquility: When this spell is cast, Sabas makes absolutely no noise for several seconds. While this extends to his attacks, it does not affect anything else; if Sabas used a Cero while the spell was active, the Cero itself would be silent but it would still make a loud explosion on impact.
    Soft Echo: This spell allows Sabas to imitate any noise he has heard.
    Ghost Light: When this spell is cast, a single small light appears near Sabas. He has total control over any lights created by the spell, and can create multiple lights through multiple castings of the spell. The lights are not solid and glow only faintly, enough to be visible during the day but not enough to blind an opponent.
    Chameleon Arch: This spell creates a sphere of illusion in an area around Sabas. The sphere can be anywhere from a few feet across to the size of a small building. Sabas can cause anyone or anything inside the sphere to be invisible from the outside, at his discretion. The sphere is not mobile, however.
    River Walk: This spell suppresses and alters Sabas' Reiatsu. While it is not completely vanished, while the spell is active Sabas only possesses the Reiatsu of a normal human. River Walk is unusual in that it cannot be used while Sabas is in Resurrección or Segunda Etapa; his power is too released to be concealed so.

Greater:
    Spoiler
    Show

Traveler's Bane: This spell creates a large cloud of fog in an area determined by Sabas. The fog is roughly one mile in diameter and takes the shape of an uneven circle. The mist cloud is very thick, and visibility is reduced to only a few feet. As with all of Sabas' spells, the mist is an illusion. As such, it cannot be blown away or affected by external influences. It can be maintained for several hours before fading.
    Rippled Reflection: When this spell is cast, Sabas creates an illusory image of the spell's target. The spell functions exactly like Stagnant Reflection, except that the copy can move independently of the original, under Sabas' control. This spell can be used multiple times to make multiple copies.
    Hunter's Doom: This spell causes its target to lose their depth perception for several seconds. This can make ranged attacks or movement in treacherous terrain much more difficult.
    Sanctified Realm: This spell causes an area of roughly forty feet around Sabas to be rendered completely silent. No noise is made within the zone, and anything entering the zone immediately becomes noiseless.
    Haunting Echo: This spell functions exactly like Soft Echo, but with two exceptions. First, the sound does not need to be one Sabas has heard; he could imitate or simulate new ones. Second, the sound can come from anywhere with in one hundred feet of Sabas, not necessarily from Sabas himself.
    Madness of the Tracker: This spell is a passive effect after its activation. Madness of the Tracker causes anyone within the area of Sabas's Reiatsu to have their spiritual senses distorted. This can manifest in many different ways; a far target could feel near, or vice versa, a signal could seem to come from a different direction, or the attempt at sensing might simply turn up no results at all. Sabas can prevent the spell from affecting specific targets.
    Illusive Landmark: This spell creates an illusory piece of terrain anywhere within Sabas' line of sight. This landmark can seem to be anything from a hole in the ground to a tall rock, but cannot be more than ten feet in diameter.

Horrific
    Spoiler
    Show

Betrayal of the Forest: This spell allows Sabas to completely control the appearance of the terrain anywhere touched by his Reiatsu. This makes navigation extraordinarily difficult; what looks like a wall could be an open space, or an open space might be a three hundred foot drop off a cliff. Fortunato cannot control the spell's targets, making it useless unless he is very isolated.
    Violation of the Refuge: The mightiest Necromancia spell available to Sabas. Violation of the Refuge can only be used under extremely specific circumstances; Sabas must remain in physical contact with the target throughout, and the target must be unconscious. If the target wakes up or Sabas leaves contact, the spell is broken. While the spell is active, Sabas has utter control of his target's mind. He can read their thoughts, uncover their pasts, and learn anything that the target knows. Additionally, he can simultaneously subject the target to any reality he desires. He could force them to relive memories, or make them feel they were being tortured. The target has no idea that this is all in their head; they believe that whatever they are experiencing is real, and their minds will make excuses to reinforce this belief. After the spell is broken, Violation of the Refuge leaves no permanent effects on the target, beyond possible scarring from any torments inflicted upon them by Sabas.

While I'm at it, I will also post my plan for Sabas' Segunda Etapa for scrutiny from the community.

Spoiler
    Show

Sabas Fortunato

Resurrección, Segunda Etapa: Refractiva Guía de un Mil Falso Verdades
    (Refracting Guide of a Thousand False Truths)

When Segunda Etapa is activated, Fortunato seems to change radically. His Wisps are absorbed into his body, which compresses into a ball about one foot in diameter across. With this, his Reiatsu vanishes as well; no spiritual energy seems to come from his new form. The ball glows radiantly and is quite fast, and capable of flight. Sabas' Hierro is radically increased in this form, but he loses the ability to use Bala, Garganta, Sonído, and Necromancia. His only offensive capability in this form is the ability to charge up to three Ceros at once.

This form, however, is not his true Segunda Etapa.

When the sphere is hit with an attack powerful enough to punch through Sabas' hierro, it cracks in half to reveal the true form of Refractiva Guía de un Mil Falso Verdades. The basic form of Sabas' Segunda Etapa appears identical to his Resurrección. He is, however, stretched out; his legs and arms are abnormally long, and he stands nearly eight feet tall. A pair of bat-like wings sprouts from his back, which appear to be made of brilliant white flames. These wings are each surrounded by a beam of light that turns at sharp angles to loop around them repeatedly. Sabas can use his wings to fly at high speeds, much like in his fake Segunda Etapa. In this form, Sabas glows more brightly than in his Resurrección, making him even more indistinct. The after image effect of his Resurrección is also enhanced; every few seconds of movement, Sabas leaves behind an exact illusory copy of himself in the position he was occupying. Up to ten of these copies can exist at once. The copies do not move, and fade after a few seconds.

Sabas' body is extremely malleable in this form, and he can stretch and alter himself at will. He can also compress parts of his body to harden them. While Sabas has no Hierro at all in this form, he has an impressive degree of regeneration. This regeneration is primarily effective against blades, and cannot restore him as easily when energy attacks or other forms of damage injure him. Sabas is much stronger than his gangly appearance would suggest, and is also very fast. Sabas loses his ability to speak in this form, but can telepathically communicate with anyone in hearing distance of him. This communication is one way, and Sabas cannot read the mind of his target.

Finally, Sabas' number of Wisps increases to ten. His control of them is improved, he can further increase their size, and they slightly magnify the power of anything they absorb, but otherwise, they function much alike their Resurrección forms. Sabas now only requires three Wisps to form a Will. Additionally, by combining all of his Wisps and sacrificing his wings, Sabas is able to create a Will-o-Wisp. A Will-o-Wisp is a spherical flame roughly two inches in diameter. It can take on the properties of any one of the Wills or Wisps that formed it, or it can be created as a blank slate. The Will-o-Wisp functions much like its weaker versions, but to a much greater degree. Sabas cannot maintain one for long, however.

Perhaps the oddest aspect of Sabas' Segunda Etapa is his weak points. Sabas has six small black marks spread out over his body that look like tattoos of a flame. These marks periodically shift locations, which is not under Sabas control. If one of these marks is struck by a physical attack or a pinpoint energy attack, then Sabas suffers severe pain and loses a portion of his spiritual energy reserves. These weak points, however, are also part of a deadly trap. At any time, two of the weak points are trapped; if one is struck by an attack that would normally harm it, Sabas is instead healed and his energy restored to a corresponding degree. Sabas does not know which marks are trapped, and they change at random times.

Cero Tríptico: If Sabas charges three Ceros close together and fires them all at once, the blasts fuse into one massive Cero. This attack is very draining, and also is not as concentrated as most of Sabas' Ceros, weakening it.
    Cero Supremo: Sabas' most powerful attack by far. To use it, Sabas must first call together three Wills and one Wisp in front of his hand. The Wills begin to rapidly orbit the Wisp as it gains power, eventually forming a blurred ring. Out of the Wisp, a monstrously powerful Cero is launched. Additionally, the Cero Supremo may take on unusual qualities depending on what, if anything, was absorbed by the Wisps and Wills. Cero Supremo drains an extraordinary amount of energy from Sabas, virtually guaranteeing that he will be forced to reseal. Even if he doesn't, his Wills and Wisps are drained of anything they may have absorbed.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-09-10 at 09:01 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

26. - Top - End - #56

Welp I think that HECATE is totally fair game now. But I still need to smack my ideas brutally over Draken's head Discuss introductions with him.

Because that is what I do in my spare time. I plan things.

Also, Tgva, I need to have a talk with you about that character you've been planning. Kayne had a good idea for what we can do.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of said houses.... given that the Captain of 10th and the head of the Hayashi Noble House are married, what're the chances of the Hayashi and 10th cooperating to a certain degree?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Well, kinda.

In actuality, probably not any more than if Taiki and Natsuko weren't married. I mean, 13th and 10th probably have to work together a bit naturally when, say, 13th discovers something that would necessitate Police action. Though actually, 10th and 13th deal in totally different areas, so it's possible they wouldn't interact much if at all.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yeah. Writeup for Necromancia. If you don't want to read me being pointlessly verbose, skip the first two paragraphs.

Necromancia (Necromancy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Necromancia is the black magic of hollows that engulfs the battlefield in manifestations of the Aspect of Death of the necromancer, imposing terrible effects on his opponents and on the very surroundings.

The history of necromancia dates back to a time few can remember. This tale was recorded in blood on the rising ziggurats of the Aerie de Sacrificio, believed by the denizens of that place to be mere tales of the battles and conquests of their empress. It was recorded by the agonized thrashing of the claws of Rouga Sougami in the forsaken cavern in which he was left millennia ago. It was carefully carved in runes covering the winding tunnels of the deepest reaches of the Hive beneath Las Noches, the labyrinthine corridors themselves forming a piece of that eldritch grimoire. All these eldritch writings tell the tales of the battles of ancient Vasto Lordes and the malignant power they wielded.

Only vasto lordes and arrancar of at least adjuchas level may learn necromancia. Lesser hollows are always at risk of devolving into feral beasts and thus lack the time to dedicate to powers that do not come to them instinctively, lesser arrancar do not often wield the needed link and understanding of their aspects of death and thus cannot come to grips with the fundamentals of the black magic.

This is an important aspect of necromancia, it is not instinctive to hollows. Every mindless Gillian can charge and fire a cero, not every Vasto Lorde has discovered the secret of manipulating the world around them with their spiritual energy through the lens of their aspects of death. Learning the basics of necromancia is a trying process of self-discovery and an intellectual pursuit of the inner methodologies for the development of spells. The creation of each spell is a process of trial and error that is equal parts determination, artistry and imagination. The most powerful necromancers are those hollows whose deranged minds can come up with the most insidious, stretched and unthinkable expansions of the concepts involved with their aspects of death.

A hollow can be declared a necromancer once he has achieved his Fundamental. The Fundamental is the ability to swell one’s Reiatsu with a manifestation of the aspect of death, each fundamental is unique (even among hollows with identical aspects of death), and many are powerful weapons in their own right, for these are the distilled principles of death that the hollow embodies. Fundamentals can be activated or suppressed on a whim at any time, but the use of any necromantic spell immediately causes the fundamental to flare to activity.

Necromantic spells are divided into three categories, Lesser, Greater and Horrific. An arrancar necromancer can only access his higher grades of spells if he is in one of his releases; Lesser spells can be used at any time, Greater spells require resurreccion to be used and Horrific spells can only be used once the arrancar has entered Segunda Etapa. Because necromancia involves using one’s spiritual pressure to shape the surroundings, necromancia tends to employ more movement and somatic components, while chants and words are rarer (but not unheard of, especially in spells that affect a target’s mind.

Lesser spells are the simplest necromantic spells, the ones the arrancar needs the least effort to employ. Their effects are usually limited, direct or in a small scale. Compared to kido, these are spells of ranks 1 to 40. Necromancers with only Lesser spells are known as Initiates.

Greater spells are the middle tier, useable during resurreccion and often potent defensive or offensive effects. Compared to kido, these are spells of levels 41 to 70. Necromancers with knowledge of at least one Greater spell are called Adepts.

Horrific spells are the greatest manifestations of the aspect of death. They are vast, complex and insidious. Compared to Kido, these are spells of levels 71 to 99 and forbidden kido. Any necromancer with at least one Horrific spell is a Master.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, kinda.

In actuality, probably not any more than if Taiki and Natsuko weren't married. I mean, 13th and 10th probably have to work together a bit naturally when, say, 13th discovers something that would necessitate Police action. Though actually, 10th and 13th deal in totally different areas, so it's possible they wouldn't interact much if at all.
    I think Horngeek is referring to cooperation between the Noble House Hayashi and 10th in helping bring more orderly society to the 80th District. Whether it uses the new, ah, channels that Kazuma opened or not remains to be seen, I suppose.

I know Kazuma apparently intended to involve the Nakamura family, and rope Masaru into helping organize some things.