New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

By the way, has Sereg noticed the twins resurfacing, or will Kayne have to have them approach him?

Just wondering what's taking that plot to progress.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@NC: I'm dropping the line of conversation here and now. You can keep saying things about it if you like, but I'm done talking about it. Period.

Regarding Aspects: Hm.

Shinigami Vizard having them: I suppose, though it's not really relevant; they're a singular soul, so they can't manifest those powers unless they turn into a Hollow, eat a bunch of Hollows, turn into a Menos, then end up an Arrancar. Then it would.

Human Vizards: This one's trickier. I'd say Valeria likely doesn't, unless berry has her having clinically dead for a minute or something in her backstory. Cackling Oni definitely doesn't; he was never dead in the process. Tyler from the last game probably had one, but it didn't really figure into his powers per se.

Human Hollowings: I'd say they wouldn't have one unless they go full Hollow, though then I'm not sure what the aspect would be.

Human Arrancar: Probably works out like Shinigami Vizard.

That's all the Hollow hybrids, right?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

There are also Quincy hybrids.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    There are also Quincy hybrids.
    Yeah, but those are essentially Human Hybrids. I mean, that's what Cackling Oni is. Quincy's not a species, it's a skillset, at least somewhat.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

Shinigami Vizard having them: I suppose, though it's not really relevant; they're a singular soul, so they can't manifest those powers unless they turn into a Hollow, eat a bunch of Hollows, turn into a Menos, then end up an Arrancar. Then it would.

Human Vizards: This one's trickier. I'd say Valeria likely doesn't, unless berry has her having clinically dead for a minute or something in her backstory. Cackling Oni definitely doesn't; he was never dead in the process. Tyler from the last game probably had one, but it didn't really figure into his powers per se.

Human Hollowings: I'd say they wouldn't have one unless they go full Hollow, though then I'm not sure what the aspect would be.

I believe it's entirely relevant, considering one of my TWO characters only unique ability is based around using aspects of death. As mentioned though, Frozen and I have been working off the assumption that vizards have them and I've extended that reasoning to any hollow hybrid. I mean..why wouldn't they have one? The character themselves might not be dead, but that doesn't mean they didn't suffer a trauma severe enough that it spawned their hollow abilities. Just makes sense to me.

Now I just have to figure out how to introduce Aki...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So what's Val's Aspect? Sickness? Shyness?

What's Cackling Oni's? Unethical Scientific Experimentation?

I don't think you can so fully impose the concept of Aspects of Death on beings that weren't even clinically dead. Even if it matters for your character, despite the fact she'll never interact with Cackling Oni, and likely won't ever see Val (I certainly hope she doesn't come after the kids..).

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I don't know why those characters couldn't just not have Aspects. I mean, there are several characters that obviously don't have Aspects of Death (all the Mediums that aren't somehow Hollow) and I imagine Shinigami don't have them either. Why not just add more people to that list?

On another note, is Exhaustion an Aspect of Death that's been taken yet?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-12 at 06:55 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

As far as Rouga's Necromancia, expect a new write-up by tomorrow night at the earliest.

I'm really freaking tired. Plus I just bought $300 worth of manga that are NOT gonna read themselves.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    As far as Rouga's Necromancia, expect a new write-up by tomorrow night at the earliest.

I'm really freaking tired. Plus I just bought $300 worth of manga that are NOT gonna read themselves.

Anyway, Alexander's aspect would probably be Pride. or Wrath.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

I sure hope so. That'd be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    On another note, is Exhaustion an Aspect of Death that's been taken yet?
    Nope.
    Also, I eagerly await the beginning of more awkward interaction between our characters. :P
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-12 at 09:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    By the way, has Sereg noticed the twins resurfacing, or will Kayne have to have them approach him?

Just wondering what's taking that plot to progress.
    I'm going to bump this because I'm a bit interested in this plot as well.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going to bump this because I'm a bit interested in this plot as well.
    Regardless, I just had the twins approach the tower, so something has to happen soon.

Also, Hirokatsu, the sooner you post Taro's response to Daisuke's letter, the sooner we can get on with several plots. Thanks very much.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Because I'm curious, are there any upcoming plots in the Mortal World that would fit Asdrubal well?
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

14. - Top - End - #224

Also out of curiosity, has anything become of my Quincy museum curator or is he still floating around the ether of NPCdom?
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Also out of curiosity, has anything become of my Quincy museum curator or is he still floating around the ether of NPCdom?
    I'm pretty sure nothing happened to him.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

What's Cackling Oni's? Unethical Scientific Experimentation?

I don't think you can so fully impose the concept of Aspects of Death on beings that weren't even clinically dead. Even if it matters for your character, despite the fact she'll never interact with Cackling Oni, and likely won't ever see Val (I certainly hope she doesn't come after the kids..).
    I don't know what their aspects would be, I don't know anything about the characters. Nor am I trying to impose anything, that's my opinion on the subject. If you want to be a stickler, Aspects of Death aren't even a literal thing in canon, they were just assigned to the Espada. It's only here that we've made them part of every hollow and arrancar as a tangible thing.

I'd also point out that I don't think it matters if the beings are dead or not, it's not reliant on that but rather on having a connection to hollows to the extent it one has hollow abilities. It comes with being a hollow as much as the mask or perfectly round hole does. Again, opinion.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I don't know what their aspects would be, I don't know anything about the characters. Nor am I trying to impose anything, that's my opinion on the subject. If you want to be a stickler, Aspects of Death aren't even a literal thing in canon, they were just assigned to the Espada. It's only here that we've made them part of every hollow and arrancar as a tangible thing.

I'd also point out that I don't think it matters if the beings are dead or not, it's not reliant on that but rather on having a connection to hollows to the extent it one has hollow abilities. It comes with being a hollow as much as the mask or perfectly round hole does. Again, opinion.
    Ah, but for one, these characters don't have Hollow holes. That's kind of my point, they aren't just Hollows. They're also something else. And if they never actually died, not even for a couple of minutes, that makes the connection so tenuous as to be pointless. *Shrugs*

18. - Top - End - #228
    Bugbear in the Playground

@NC: I'm dropping the line of conversation here and now. You can keep saying things about it if you like, but I'm done talking about it. Period.

CoughKariteisaVizardcoughcough

Sora was actually dead during the time he became an Arrancar. I haven't actually picked an aspect, and if I have, just ignored the hell out of it. I need to rewrite his backstory and stuff into something that isn't godawful eventually anyways.

Also Kayne? Eventually, Seiko should react.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post

Anyway, Alexander's aspect would probably be Pride. or Wrath.
    Or death by overwhelming power.

By the way, isn't it high time Alexander senses Adam already?
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-09-13 at 12:57 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Or death by overwhelming power.

By the way, isn't it high time Alexander senses Adam already?
    That's what led him to the city in the first place, subconsciously.

Anyway, Alex will find Adam and the girls will meet Sereg again whe I'm done class. And I'll post in Episode 11. And Nao will go see Karashi.

Kuroi, since everyone else timeskipped and the conversation between Nao and Soushi wasn't really going anywhere, want to just skip the rest?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

If you want, but I think Soushi gave Nao some fairly valuable tips.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    If you want, but I think Soushi gave Nao some fairly valuable tips.
    Exactly! All the important stuff has already been said.

Anyway, class time.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

Kayne...done...Nicklance will take it from here...

Warheit...you are involved with the Takeshi plot...you shoudl contact Frozen in PMs about it...also...read back on my posts as Hirokatsu...you are referred to in some of them

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Regardless, I just had the twins approach the tower, so something has to happen soon.

Also, Hirokatsu, the sooner you post Taro's response to Daisuke's letter, the sooner we can get on with several plots. Thanks very much.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

Nicklance... referring to the second part of your last post in SS...was that "reply" sent to Taro or to Daisuke?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Nicklance... referring to the second part of your last post in SS...was that "reply" sent to Taro or to Daisuke?
    Can I have the reply sent to both of them? I'll edit my post to reflect that.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Oh wait, am I going to get in trouble for planning on going to the mortal world?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    Oh wait, am I going to get in trouble for planning on going to the mortal world?
    Mimus wouldn't be if she's not Fraccion to any Espada. Absalon on the other hand.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-09-13 at 12:06 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, first, keep in mind there's nominally a truce between Soul Society and Las Noches such that they don't openly fight, and try to leave each other alone.

As for specifically visiting the Mortal World? You'll have a better chance of not getting assaulted by everyone if you have you characters try to keep a low profile. Between Soul Society and some Mortal factions, going in guns blazing is a bad idea.

We would ask you not just merrily go along eating half the town. Especially since, as Draken has noted, singular human souls are probably very, very minuscule "snacks" for Arrancar of Menos level.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

^_^ Sorry I just wanted to snack on a soul

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

^_^ Sorry I just wanted to snack on a soul
    I'm not saying you absolutely cannot. I'm not saying your character doesn't want to. I'm not saying they won't.

I'm just trying to equip you with information. They could certainly say "hey, I feel like having a mortal soul for a snack because I can, let's be sneaky and go to the Mortal World".

Not sure how easy it is for 12th's instruments or 13th's patrols to detect Arrancar who aren't blasting their reiatsu around like a floodlight...