New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Say Dnd Was Real IC

ok here is my sheet guys sorry for being late
    Last edited by calijames; 2011-09-15 at 04:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daniel gives the newcomer (David) a once-over, assessing his likely abilities. and alignment.

He felt Sense Motive check being made...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+8)[24]

Assuming that this person wasn't a paladin of some sort, or totally incompetent, he knew what the answer would be. He didn't have to agree with his outlook, but he needed more people in his group.

"Feel free to join. Do you have your sheet, or do you need to type it up online?"

Abesntly, he wondered if this newcomer was aware of the shift yet or not... he would be soon enough though.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

David
    Depends what is the campaign? I may need to roll or can just present one of my many premade characters. Opening up his dice bag pulling out the cessary dice thinking... Curious. If did meet any wonder what they would think of me. Probably as a Cleric or Paladin. If Cleric great might give them pause before they do anything stupid.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam

The powerfully built youth soon arrives in Jason's car... whether he'd killed the man and taken his car or just arrived in the passenger's seat. He heads on inside with a mostly blank sheet. He's fiddled with some numbers that feel right for his skills and such, but his physical ability scores seem off the charts, his natural armor is insane, and his class is left blank. Amusingly enough, and probably in explanation of his silly stats, his race is labeled as Saiyan, not human. He tosses his sheet down onto the gaming table and tosses his hands up, "This **** doesn't make any sense. I can't even figure out my own damn power level from these D&D sheets."

Spoiler
    Show
    >.> I expected him to post us just arriving at the Cave, and hasn't, so if he's gone, thats why. XP
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Wait, are you saying your playing DB-RPG? If that's it, I may have some Anima levels, and you don't want to see how it is, having an high optimized Anima character in the real world... Something like having a super sayan on steroids.

He looks to the others.

So what do we have? I'm the divine spellcaster with nice fighting abilities, we have - I think - the fighter... What we'll be our tactic in case of fight?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #36

David
    Wait what? We doing some kind of crossover game between systems? Also who is the Cleric player and Fighter player? David muses to himself… They refering to themselves as their characters? Not all that strange. Lets see what they really mean? Is it just a campaign or more?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive as the situation changes with new people: (1d20+7)[19]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

Yup, cross over between D&D 3.5 and real life... Check this threads to have an idea what it is.

Show the GitP threads related to this.

Wanting to receive some things about it? As we sayed earlier, we are gestalt characters, and I am the Cleric//Warlord, and that seems odd to me. The "fighter" is Adam, although he haven't any foghter level. I suspect something like the Z-fighter and something other, maybe something increasing con to help the Z-fighter side. Right?

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[7]
    Last edited by silphael; 2011-09-16 at 08:23 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry i am late. Had to "borrow" a car, like usual. Anyway, turns out im a wizard//psion. Shouldnt there be other PCs, we cant be the only ones?
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

9. - Top - End - #39

David
    Mhm sounds like you think you can cast magic and such. Well if that is true then prove it by casting either Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, or manipulating an object with Mage Hand. David leans back with a knowing yet questive smile. Can they… Is the search over?
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

10. - Top - End - #40

Adam is proof of my power. He wrote his character sheet due to my.............suggestion. A suggestion of the psionic kind!
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

11. - Top - End - #41

David
    Thats not good enough. A good diplomacy could get that plus your friends right? It needs to be tangible so can see the effects. Even better getting it caught on camera. That is the reason why I said casting of one of those cantrips.
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam

He glares at Jason before shrugging, "It was my own damn idea to fill out the sheet, thank-you-very-much, if only to get ya'll to shut up about it. Lemme at that computer so I can try and find what else fits on here. See if I can't come up with something."

Assuming no one objects, and even if they do he'd probably muscle his way in anyway, he takes a few minutes poking a the internet. First thing he finds is the Z-Fighter, a homebrew on Giants that seems to match up well enough. He studies it for a moment and then pauses for several moments as he stares at the screen. He then begins to laugh as he turns around, light crackling along his fingertips and through his hair. His laughter quickly begins to form a word, a word of unimaginable power.

"Ka-Me-Ha-Me-HAAAA!"

And he utterly obliterates a dice bag off the game table. Oddly enough, he had thrust his arms out at a strange angle and the beam of rippling blue-white light curved in midair to strike the dicebag unerringly.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 ki spent for a Homing Ki Blast. 2d6 damage to someone's dice bag, but not a Crown Royal "dicebag" as that would be blasphemy.

The ki will return in 5 minutes, or when I start pummeling people if someone wants to fight me over a dicebag.

His laughter fades and he looks up from his steaming hands, "That felt amazing."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

You just killed some dices! You... you... roleplayer!

He grabs one piece of broken dice.

Zero level spellslot have to be used, right? And we don't have a lot of light, right?

Cast Light on the dice piece, and then throws it gently to Jason.

And... Adam, you're saying suggestion don't work through phone? Or that you made your save?

May I suggest something? No spells or diplomacy rolls between us. If we want to convince someone else, we roleplay it.

He then smiles.

14. - Top - End - #44

Sigh.
    Suddenly, you hear the sound of a rocket exploding right ion the shack.
    Proof enough? How about you prove your power. We havent seen YOU do anything? Also, thanks for getting me to waste a spell slot. Wait, i cant cast spells on people? I guess enlarge person was a waste then?

Spoiler
    Show
    I cast ghost sound
    Last edited by Howler Dagger; 2011-09-17 at 08:15 AM.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

"PEOPLE! WOULD YOU STOP THROWING MAGIC AROUND IN MY SHOP!"
    Sean was not happy with the recent display of power being thrown around. This was his shop, by the Nine Hells. He had paid a large chunk of cash to set it up. Composing himself, he sat down at the table, and motioned for those present to do the same. "Okay. So, we've figured out that something strange is happening. We all have sheets in D&D 3.5 that appear to correspond to us, in Gestalt. From the threads on Giant, we can safely conclude that the same thing is happening all over the USA, at least. People who have played the game before are getting sheets, and the power that goes along with them. But all of this is irrelevant in the face of one very important question." Sean turned to Adam, and glared angrily at him. "What makes you think it's okay to shoot balls of energy around my shop?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

16. - Top - End - #46

A passerby walks in and asks"Whats going on in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

17. - Top - End - #47

David
    Yes that is why I said to cast a non destructive, non attention grabbing cantrip/orison. As for me the magic I prepared today isn't friendly so no I won't be casting it unless I need to. I won't be telling you my classes yet. We don't know enough about each other for that yet though be nice and friendly and I may. Now this has to be addressed now. What do you plan to do with with your abilities? David picks up his dice bag putting it away along with the his laptop back into his bag. After that he goes back to fingering his holy symbol Great I find other gifted, and one is a candidate for Pain. Problem is this DBZ wannabe is probably a hardy sonafa so Pain may not be enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since a dice bag was not specified I am going to assume it wasn't mine.

18. - Top - End - #48

uhh what did you say?
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

David
    Oh sorry we were just roleplaying. You know acting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+11)[20].

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[15]

Roleplaying missles? Okay. He leaves the shop.
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-09-17 at 10:37 AM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

David
    After the guy is out of range to hear saying in a low tone. Like I said non attention grabbing. Bullets still hurt you know.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I just sayed "between us"... That means, if we want one of us to do something for us, we ask and explain why. Like the good old rule of "no social roll between PCs".

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam

He'd been silent while the passerby was within earshot, but now he looks over to Sean, "He wanted something tangible, and I'd say a bag of exploding dice are fairly tangible. The sound of missiles isn't tangible, but proof well enough, I suppose. Besides, do you have any of this power? Can you feel it burning in your veins? It wants out, and all morning something has been bothering me. Its this power, a building surge of endless destruction pooling at the base of my skull waiting to be unleashed. Be glad I used dice and not people."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #54

Good thing to let off some steam. That however does not tell me what you plan to use those abilities for. So lets hear it folks your plans and your goals. Mine are taking down other gifted with "Stupid" in their alignment such as Chaotic Stupid. In a measure of good faith I am a skill monkey with my lowest modifer for a skill is two while the highest is a thirteen. Social skills being some of the highest.

25. - Top - End - #55

David smirked slightly at the flashy shows of power and all the arguments going on. He even kept silent when the newcomer entered the shop, preferring to see what the others would do.

So far, he liked this party. Good balance, both power wise and personality. Because he didn't give a about alignment, so long as they could work together. Right now David seemed to be the most sensible in the group... might as well answer his question.

<depending on your wisdom, you might notice Daniel gave no response to the suggestion to not use skills or spells on one another>

"I am what is now NE. Don't even bother asking why, it's none of your business. If I wasn't the first one to figure all this out here, I was certainly the first to find you all and bring you together. Don't bother to thank me," he grins since he knew it was sarcasm. No one here would even think of thanking him for this...
    "I'm also definitely the first to get some real hard XP. I liked it a lot. The dead men, not so much. Once more, none of your business.

As for who I am... a very good fencer. And this charming book has added to me even more, at the minor cost of my soul."
    he lays the tomes out on the table.
    "Before anyone cuts in, I'm not insane. I will not try to kill you. You are all my friends, or from what I can tell you look to become them, so no need to fear me.
    What is more important at this point is what we want to do. I'm sure we all have different moral outlooks here, and different mental stats as well. But I'd suggest we look at it from all angles before reaching a decision. I'll thow mine down first, cince working with you all was my idea anyway.

I want to be happy. I am and always have been a hedon. And to be happy, I want power, and I want immortality; eternal youth if you will. And I don't care how I get it.

Who's up next?"
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Adam

The youth, still sitting in the chair meant for the computer, rolls a bit closer to the table and leans forward with a grin one might expect to see on a shark, less the pointed teeth... for now. His hair sparks once and he looks over the tomes, "I have no interest in dark powers or eternal youth. I intend to break every single person on this planet who would enter into physical combat with their fists. Street fighters, martial artists, MMA stars, boxers. All I care is to keep count of how many die from my first strike. Sheet says I'm Chaotic Evil, and I guess that must be true. I don't intend to break any human civilians, and likely won't be trying to punch in any bank vault doors, but I've got my mission and anyone who gets in the way will die." He glances over at David with sparks flickering through his hair, "Am I your vision of Chaotic Stupid?"

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

He laughs very strong.

Just at the price of your soul? Knowing that I'm near? The Big Bad One is becoming stupid... he think everyone will do the same mistake as himself, I think... But if you want to know why, you will have to ask the chaotic good one why.

If they want to speak theology with me, let's surprise them!

On the "kill commoners" thing, I hope you know it'll bring you no XP really soon? But if you fight those who do this, it'll bring you (maybe) far more XP. And we all need XP, cause we're many to have a goal.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

According to my sheet I'm Chaotic Neutral, no I won't use that as an excuse to beat the crap out of people.
    I'm some class called a swordmage, I can only half remember the specifics, but I conjure weapons out of magic and hit people with them.
    And I'm a Psychic, so I can mess with peoples minds and set stuff on fire.
    We won't cast spells on each other unless it's some sort of buff.
    Here's an example of what I can do with my abilities.

Cast the Incantation Cantrip (Scythe)
    A large scythe appears in the air making a large slash then disappears again.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

29. - Top - End - #59

David
    Ok two more to go. As for the rest of you…

How Warlock or so you will meet Death. Only question is how and when. Though if your quest involves the Fountain of Youth then we may need Johnny Depp and his compass.

For our DBZer sounds like you want to go to the Far East. Until then I recommend going after gangs on the condition when you beat them up is when they doing something shady. While at it skim from the drug money. Shoot might even help.

Big Bad one what? Huh?

And for you Pscythe-y still haven't said your plans yet?

30. - Top - End - #60

Daniel needed to revise his opinion then. Certainly wasn't as rational as he seemed, if he was still being so rational. ((if that doesn't make sense to you look in the OOC))

"Amazing how willing you are to joke about that. If DnD can suddenly become a reality, I'm willing to bet that anything really is possible. And I know for a fact that Eternal Youth can be achieved theorugh DnD; I've seen homebrew for it, and I'm well aware that some in this room are using a homebrewed class. And there's no doubt in my mind there will be other ways to achieve it as well."
    Spoiler
    Show