New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Say Dnd Was Real IC

Quote Originally Posted by SheepInDisguise View Post
    Who appointed you leader, Dave? Why cant I use my flashy abilities if i freaking want to? Who would belive some wacko saying that i set them on fire, despite possesing no visible means of doing so? Who would think that a video with someone casting fireball hasnt been edited? I mean honestly.

Anyway, I intend on checking to see if there is an artificer soceity in the making that i could help out to get some free magic items. Cant go wrong with seeking a quest when D&D is real.
    Daniel speaks for a moment to Jason. (so in other words, unless you're intentionally eavesdropping on us you don't hear this. It takes place outside we'll say.)

Spoiler
    Show
    "You do that, buddy.

Or, maybe you can listen to what people say and make your own choices[, and not worry about telling them about it. Telling them you don't appreciate them trying to be your leaders actually shows more respect than just doing what you feel like doing.

And that doesnt mean just leaving the group. You can stay with them, get the benefits of teamwork, and keep the benefits of being an individual, all for the price of a little rationality.

Try it, it feels good. And If you ingore me and make your own choice you've already tried it. HA I win either way. But so do you."

he smiles as he walks off.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

He whipsers back to Daniel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You cant win if your on fire

Jason then walks about 35 feat away, then waves his hand, which is accompanied by a small bang and light being shed on daniel

Spoiler
    Show
    I then manifest matter agitation. I spend 1 power point
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

3. - Top - End - #93

If you have left the shop you see the following
    Spoiler
    Show
    A poster that has a picture of a bald man with a goatee with a caption saying Miracle Worker. Can raise things from the dead! Attend the seminar at 9:30 A.M Tommorow at the Kingwood University for more information.

daniel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find that a grubby looking man posted the posters all over the place.
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-09-23 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

4. - Top - End - #94

No one though someone needs to take the initiative to guide this merry band.

As for the video camera and editing I understand all too well what you mean due to my time at Full Sail University. The problem though is some people have more credibility than others. Another is if it is caught on a "live" news feed that is seen by many then it is hard to say the effect was CG.

Why do I feel that I was just threatened? With just one word I can make a peson die a slow painful death…
    David finally looks around seeing who he was talking to is gone. Great didn't hear a word I said. Fine. After that David leaves taking in his surroundings. I feel somewhat important somewhat in charge and no one to bask in my glory. Damn.
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

You know, people believe they saw what they wanted to... If they believe that what they saw was a trick, it is a trick... Anyone wants to play Mage The Ascension this evening?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #96

Daniel just laughs, unworried by his reddening skin. ((unless Jason concentrates for more than a round I'm not going to take any damage from that. But it doesn't matter as Daniel walks out of range of the spell anyway to go after the grubby man.))

Spoiler
    Show
    I make another Gather Information after the grubby man guy dude thing.

(1d20+7)[18]

EDIT: I think I have the highest Charisma, but I doubt I'd make a good leader for any good types. But suffice to say I won't do what you tell me jsut because you're "leading"
    Last edited by distant quasar; 2011-09-23 at 09:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

We all agree to wait till morning early? So, after doing what was announced...

He says it on the OotS mood before any time loop.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #98

AS youve said, we both win either way. So there is no point being your pet slave Danny No-Dad.

Jason walks away, gets in his "borrowed" car, and heads towards Kingwood University, thinking to himselfIf this guy is wo he says he is, hes much more powerful then the losers who call themselves my friends. Raise dead is a 5th level cleric spell. So hes like level 9. Which makes him higher level than all of us, though i cannot guess if he is gestalt.
    Those passing by smelt a strange smell. Those familiar with psionics could guess that it was an olfactory display.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I manifest Extended Detect Hostile Intent. Tell me if anybody within 30 ft. of me is hostile for the next 100 minutes(10/level*2)
    Last edited by Howler Dagger; 2011-09-23 at 08:28 PM.
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

9. - Top - End - #99

Jason
    Spoiler
    Show
    You currently detect no hostile intent

You arrive at the university. It seems no one is here during the spring vacation.
    daniel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that the man was last seen entering Kingwood University, after posting lots of posters. You however cannot pinpoint his idenity.

Everyone else
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you guys still in the shop or have you left?
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-09-23 at 08:33 PM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Jason searches the university for something related to the miracle man, such as an office. He takes about an hour or two to search the university
    Spoiler
    Show
    I take twenty on a search check, though i will roll if needed. Total is 25

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

11. - Top - End - #101

David
    Having alreadt left the shop he gets in his van heading for an area with Wifi. Once he can get on he checks on the Playground for any news and pbp games he is in. He also checks the news and bulletin board for anything unusual. Finally looks up how to create some various costumes along with the necessary materials to make them. After he has done that he goes out buying the necessary masks, makeup, and other accessories saying it is for a masquerade party if anyone asks. When done with that as well grabing a bite to eat he goes back to the motel he is staying at. There he goes through the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list to select the right spells for tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any rolls you need me to make?
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Harry

Harry leaves the shop, he then starts cycling around the town looking for quest givers.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

Doesn't work? So, i'll take the "normal" way... No game this evening, if I understand well...

With no answer, he goes back to his flat, using the bus if no car is available. He then takes his fencing mask and try to recognizes himself in a mirror.

Seems quite efficient...

(EDIT: I forgot it, but I saw what was outside too >< I think this reaction will be the good one:

Raise Dead? That's a ninth level cleric spell, but for the material component... Quite uneasy to find. Or maybe speak with dead? But yes, that"s was something we had to be ready to see, especially if some Bard//Cleric gestalt exist...
    Last edited by silphael; 2011-09-24 at 06:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    Harry

Harry leaves the shop, he then starts cycling around the town looking for quest givers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a gather information check

Having alreadt left the shop he gets in his van heading for an area with Wifi. Once he can get on he checks on the Playground for any news and pbp games he is in. He also checks the news and bulletin board for anything unusual. Finally looks up how to create some various costumes along with the necessary materials to make them. After he has done that he goes out buying the necessary masks, makeup, and other accessories saying it is for a masquerade party if anyone asks. When done with that as well grabing a bite to eat he goes back to the motel he is staying at. There he goes through the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list to select the right spells for tomorrow.
    You arrive at the starbucks across the street fromthe university. Oddly, the entire GITP site has been shhut down for unkown reasons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a disguise check

Jason
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find the man's classroom in which he is going to lecture in. The only person their is a red headed man, who says "What are you doing here young man?
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-09-24 at 10:18 AM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Jason smiles
    Lead me to the Miracle Man

Spoiler
    Show
    I manifest Psionic Suggestion. DC 17 Save, I spend 3 powerpoints.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Gather Information.
    (1d20+3)[8]
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show
    Daniel did not hear Jason's call to him as he walked away (Hard of Hearing if you recall)

Daniel looks towards the University. Time to get serious about looking for this man, then. He sets off inside.

A few people will undoubtedly be staring at him, owing to his curious garb (see my sheet).

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information taking 20, 27

Also a Search check for things related to the miracle worker that hopefully you can work out how to use with the GI results: (1d20+2)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

David
    Typical. Well time to see what else is up. David goes around to other sites looking for info on strange incidents, locations of gangs, and how to make some costumes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just going to use my normal Disguise without any external bonuses such as spells or items. Disguise: (1d20+13)[23].

19. - Top - End - #109

Jason
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why should I? I dont even know where he is right now.

Daniel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You learn that he used to be a student at the university. He majored in religion and biology, a seemingly odd combination. You find old yearbooks in it with him in it. From their you learn his name is Marcus Holizter. The papers show that he was interested in the occult was married to person you clearly recognized as the mystic person. They had been divorced for 3 yeaers now.

David
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find no unsually reports.

Harry
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fail to find anything about either person(the poster man and the miracle man).
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-09-27 at 09:02 PM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

During the evening, he has the idea to phone home, in France. (Directly translated for everyone's convenience)

Hi dad! How is it there? Something strange?
    Last edited by silphael; 2011-09-28 at 09:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler
    Show
    Is this the Miracle Worker or the grubby man? Either way this is what I do:

Daniel smiles. Excellent. Now he was getting somewhere. Offhand he wondered if this new universe was intentionally grabbing plothooks... that'd be awesome. He rips the page(s) from the book(s), after first making sure noone is watching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[20]
    If he has to go somewhere else to do so he will; just behind a bookshelf or maybe the bathroom.

((Daniel makes his way back to the place where the Mystic woman lives. Not sure how late you want it to be now; I may not make the disguise "today" and do it "tomorow" in the morning instead.))

He stand outside the house of the mystic woman. He remembered... or rather remembered not remembering. Not this time. And this time he knew what he wanted. He walked confidently up the steps and rang the doorbell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Might want to continue this in PMs so we can do it faster and in case something comes up I won't want the others to know about.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Great. I heard you can find any and everything on the internet but guess not. Well fine. Idiot quite thinking aloud to yourself. Now to see designs I can use for some diguises along with were to get them. Better make it so I have put it together from several pieces instead of a prebuilt costume. That way that can nail this on me by that. Do I watch way too much CSI? Oh if can't get a good costume I always have my Arcane Dilettante. David then looks at several sites keeping an eye out for any that are particular groteque.

23. - Top - End - #113

Jason
    Spoiler
    Show
    lets do your thing in pms

Raphael
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing out of the normal here. Why? Whats happened?
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2011-10-01 at 08:54 AM.
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Raphaël

All fine here!Was all okay with Georges and Arthur (two RP friends in France) the last time Tim saw them? (little brother, RPer too) The last skype conversation we had was a little strange...

At the same time, he connects himself on skype, looking if anyone's connected.
    Last edited by silphael; 2011-10-01 at 10:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Rapheal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tim did not mention anything unusual, so I guess they are okay. Who are you looking for on skype?
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Arthur and Georges. Even if it's early, they should be connected, at least Arthur.