New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 3 - Too srs for my shirt

[Hight Temple]

One would think she would be less nervous considering she already got experience with this.

The priestess smiles as she places her hand on the altar. "May these objects represent and strengthen the bond between those two souls, let Ataris guide their way and let them remain strong through all temptation." She kneels before the altar and then takes up the ring and hands over them to Cessie. "Cessie Laurana Mithar, with my and Artaris blessing take these rings and make the bond."

Cessie nods slowly and will put on Harnel's ring on her finger and will then put on her ring on Harnel's finger, taking his hands.

"And I humbly, by the power shared between these two souls, declare them husband and wife." She smiles. "And you may kiss."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[High Temple]

Harnel will lean in for the kiss, giving Cessie's hands a squeeze as he bends forward to give her a kiss. Nothing big - they're in front of an audience, after all - but not something short, and not lacking in passion. He'll have enough presence of mind to break it off before it goes too far, though, if Cessie doesn't first.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

[High Temple]

Sakura's smile spreads into a wide grin as she watches the two kiss. She leans her head against Adir and tightens her grip around his waist. She couldn't be more happy for Cessie and Harnel right now.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[High Temple]

This is usually the point where people applaud or cheer. At least, Ilpholin thinks it is.

It's going to be very awkward if she's the only one applauding.

*clap clap clap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[High Temple]

Wenomir, shock and horror, also smiles. Guess such a moment can overcome even this perpetual frowner. Needless to say, he's very happy for both of them as well. He also tries to put KR's hand in his and give it a squeeze.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

[High Temple]

Boris finds himself smiling as well. Sure, he didn't know Cessie or Harnel that well, but seeing them that happy tended to be contagious.

7. - Top - End - #127

High Temple
    Kathrine smiles in her helm. She was happy for Harnel and Cessie.
    She didn't clap. Rather more that she had no idea she should then getting back at Ilpholin.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

High Temple

Hope watches intently. Even though this was her second time attending a Hestopian wedding, it still amazed her.

Her own people had no such ceremony. Sometimes a woman would keep the same mate, year after year, even after her mating days had gone, but that was rare. Most women lived alone, only inviting a man to stay with them for a night, a week, maybe a season. There was no ceremony when a man went to a woman's hut. If it was his first time, his friends would be there in the morning to take him to celebrate. If it was the woman's first time, then her friends would be there. But no one celebrated with Hope. Her first had been Promise. Cessie, instead of helping her celebrate the next day, had been shocked. There was still a small lingering hurt from that, but very small. It was impossible for people so close not to hurt one another at times.

But then they'd had a proper Wolfen ceremony, in the forest, where the children of Fargoer's tribe wrapped a blanket around the newly mated couple. The words had been different than the ones said in this strange building, but the emotions had been the same.

She remembers walking with Cessie, watching Aegnor's expression as he saw his bride, both of them so happy, having endured so much to be together. Only for it all to come to an end, in the cruellest way. Not his death, but his disappearance.

I must not cry, she told herself. Aegnor is at rest, this day is for Cessie and Harnel. It would be wrong to mar it.

She squeezed her mate's paw with one hand, her son's shoulder with the other. This was a good day.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-09-21 at 02:59 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #129

[Hight Temple]

No one else is clapping actually which makes some of the people from Cessie's side glace at the drow. Most of their attention is of coursed focused on the newly weeds of course though they are rather restrained with their celebration.

Cessie is also somewhat restrained with her own kiss, she's much more passionate about it when they are alone, it's still a kiss that nearly moves her to tears though.

It's time to the newly weeds to leave so they can have further celebrations with speeches and fancy dinners which of course will mostly be handled off-screen.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[High Temple]

Ilpholin slowly stops clapping and looks down. Doesn't anyone else around here display exuberant emotion?

Time for fancy speeches and dinners!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #131

High Temple
    Yay! Fancy speeches!
    Hopefully Kathrine has a chance to give her her wedding presents!
    Which is three statuettes. One of them in their wedding outfit. One of Cessie in her battle gear and one of Harnel in his battle gear. All of them well painted and with a rune on them so they are protected from mundane fire.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Cathy smiles happily at the couple finally being married.

And, as another bonus, nothing went wrong during the wedding!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[High Temple]

Harnel will avoid doing any kind of speech if he can help it; He's only given one speech in his life, and that was to a bunch of mercenaries. He'd have no idea what to say here.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [High Temple]

Wenomir, shock and horror, also smiles. Guess such a moment can overcome even this perpetual frowner. Needless to say, he's very happy for both of them as well. He also tries to put KR's hand in his and give it a squeeze.
    [High Temple]

KR jumps a little, giving a brief look of surprise, then glances at Wenomir and smiles slightly, squeezing his hand back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #135

[The End==>Airship]

As the happy couple finally is married there will be a lot of festivities in the form of a dinner arranged by Cessie's family.

During this party the pair will be given the wedding gifts, Harnel will be given a lot of clothes from Cessies family, all seemingly made for him. In fact, he's given a number of tail socks customly made for him including a cap with holes for his horns and a number of robes for his size.
    When he would use these is anyone's guess though.

He's also given a map of Hestopia, an idol of an angel, a world map, a portrait of a very young Cessie, a set of goose feathers and a drawing set.

Cessie is given more exclusive gifts in the form of rare books, a huge amount of clothes, the insignia of her family including a portrait of her full family and something very rare, a magical item which is supposed to help her scry.

It's here Cessie have to admit to Harnel she didn't manage to give him the gift she had wanted which was a crystal weapon, something very powerful but sadly an item which proved too hard to acquire.

Instead he's given the tooth of a wyvern which is able to constantly produce a very powerful kind of poison, it also looks quite exclusive which really was the purpose of the gift. The poison was just a secondary attribute.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[The End]

No doubt the festivities are festive. Sakura has gifts for the happy couple! It's not a lot, but she put a lot of effort into them.

The first is for Cessie. It's a flower hair clip. A real flower too. Just make sure it gets some sun and it won't wilt.

Harnel gets nothing from Sakura. D= Mostly because Adir's handling that.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

The End

Terrowin will give Harnel and Cessie a box each. Harnel's box is large and heavy; when opened it is revealed to have contained six bars of black metal. "It's helliron, mined by devils and used in their infernal weaponry. This batch was captured on a raid by Dalachrech's forces on a supply wagon."

Cessie's box is smaller, and contains an amber necklace. It looks quite pretty, though crude, and trapped in the amber is a bluish-red metallic beetle. "I made and enchanted it myself. It protects against disease and poisons."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground

The End

Adir gleefully presents the newlyweds with one gift each. For Cessie, a simple stone bracelet, which she hopefully tries on later. >.>

For Harnel, the stag presents a crude knife. Made of some red jewel carved against stone, the blade is a cruel and jagged thing. It's handle is bound in dried skin and tied with strange, leathery grass bands. He claims it's ceremonial, but hardy enough to prove useful in combat.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-24 at 07:21 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[The End]

Harnel doesn't seem to be sure what to do with the goose feathers. The clothes though? Very nice. He won't change out of his wedding clothes into one of the robes, but he will put on one of the tail socks as well as the cap, impressed that they managed to engineer one to fit with his horns. Quite the accomplishment, and frankly the tail socks don't look too bad. It's not like he isn't used to wearing one, either - a good suit of armor covers the tail. He also enjoys the portait of Cessie when she was younger, and makes a few comparisons between her now and then. The rest of the gifts are accepted warmly and with much thanks; he can find uses and things to do with all of them.

The Wyvern tooth (which I shall assume is a sword until told otherwise), is looked at with the reverence a scrutiny of a man who knows his craft in smithing and swordsmanship. Satisfied that it's as functional as it is well designed, he immediately puts it on his belt and thanks Cessie. It's a weapon to be proud of, that's for sure.

Harnel grins at his gift from Terrowin, and thanks him before going over the metal with his hands, grinning. Everybody should see that hint of draconic greed in his face; They're his! Another piece to add to the collection!

Adir and Sakura's gift is met with confusion (and if they're perceptive enough, a slight bit of apprehension. Probably something from his past). He's not sure why he's being given a ceremonial knife, and looks to Adir for an answer to that question.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

[The End]

Harnel's gift from Wenomir is, surprisingly enough, books. Books on fencing and warfare, to be specific. Talhoffer, Liechtenauer, Karl von Klausevitz and many other swordsmen and military men. Wenomir's read them all and is confident in their quality enough to gift them to the half-dragon. There's also a book titled, curiously enough, "The Riddle of Steel".
    The demonhunter wasn't really sure what to get Cessie. They're both from entirely different worlds, both figuratively and literally... also, his player just can't come up with anything. I suppose he leaves Cessie's gift to KR.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-09-26 at 05:22 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #141

[The End]

Boris doesn't have a gift for Harnel or Cessie. He tried to think of something to get them, but doesn't really know either of them well enough to know what they would like. He does apologize for it at their convenience, though.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Halfling in the Playground

The End

"It's a decorative gift for hunters and warriors." Adir explains to Harnel briefly. "Valuable, I think. Some kind of gemstone."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin gives Harnel and Cessie monogrammed towels!
    >>
    She had other ideas, but decided they weren't horribly appropriate. Not too many couples want a succubi's wing as decoration for their living room.
    Bah to them I say! Bah!

But yeah... monogrammed towels.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #144

[The End]

Mia has a present for the wedding pair as well. That was the reason she needed to go to the fordge, just imagine she got the time.

If they open it they will find a machine that looks like a small bagpack with wings simular to Harnels.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #145

[The End]

Harnel is supposed to write with them of course!
    The wyvern tooth isn't actually a sword but an actual tooth which is about as long as a knife. It's currently encased in glass though (another rarity) so he can probably use it for poison later if he likes such things. Otherwise it's mostly a decorative present.

Cessie gratefully accepts all the gifts, from the towels which she honestly don't mind (she was afraid of something far worse) to the magical amber necklace which she's very grateful for. Magic rocks doesn't it?

Boris is of course forgiven for his lack of gifts, they didn't know each other very well after all. Kathrine is also thanked for her sculptures which Cessie is pretty impressed by.

Sakura is getting a (public!) hug for her gift and Cessie will ask Adir what the bracelet is for before putting it on.

If you wonder how it went with Kathrines and Illpholins trial, well Illpholin got a high fine and Kathrine got a less severe one.

[Epilogue] ((Don't worry if you don't get it, few were involved in this part of the plot))

Aerwyn hands were tied up harder then she through possible, as were her legs. This of course wouldn't have been a problem if she hadn't been watched by two guards, a servant of artaris and two wizards.
    At least they showed her some respect. Anything less would be insulting to her persona. She had a reputation after all.

The door to the interrogation opened and a tall man in a robe she assumed entered. She smirks at him, "Afraid I see? I don't blame you."

The interrogator keeps a neutral face and sits down on the opposite side of her. Opening his little parchment, no doubt of the long, lost list of her crimes. "We are here to talk about your crimes Aerwyn. I don't suppose you like to plead guilty to get this over with? It would save us a lot of time."

She shakes her head, "You have no idea what your getting into boy. Your not going to be able to keep me here forever. I'll be out in... let's say a week or two."

The interrogator frowns and start to roll up the parchment when she stops him. "Whoa, don't go yet. I didn't say I wouldn't talk. I got a lot of information to share."

He looks at her for a moment and then unrolls it once again. "Start talking."

"Alright, so I'm sure you already know what happened at Greenhilt so I'm going to spare you that. No, I'm going to tell you something you don't know."

He raises an eyebrow but makes no other reaction.

"Helios, you know? The god of deceit?" She smiles again. "He played both sides, where do you think we got all the information from? Where that elf were going? When the wedding were going to be? He was supposed to lure them into a trap by revealing where the body was at the exact right moment. I don't get why no one suspected this before but then again, we were fooled too." She shakes her head slightly. "They should have listened to me, idiots."

"Mind explaining why he would do this?"

Aerwyn frowns, she had hoped for more of a reaction, not even a raised eyebrow? "He wanted the sword of course, and to crush our cult no doubt. He made us emerge from the shadows and took us out. We weren't complete idiots, we have our own spies everywhere. We kept a check on your moments as well as his."

There was a drawn out pause from the interrogator at this point until he stated. "Your lying. The sword was taken to Artaris to be destroyed, we have already confirmed it's genuineness. Perhaps you should tell us about the third sword instead?"

Now Awrwyn was shocked, she had been so sure, had that bastard done all this just to destroy... wait, third sword?

"Lying? No, I know it was Helios he contacted us he told us all about... wait third sword? You couldn't know about that..." Wait, how did she get here she couldn't remember being captured or being transported to Hestopia. Something was wrong, very wrong.

The interrogator frowns and shakes his head, sighting. "You were always too smart for your own good Aerwyn. I guess I just have to use another more brutal method to get that information out of you."

"What the void is this?! Who are you!?" She exclaims, leaning forward.

The interrogator just smiles, his eyes flashing red as the world around them filled with shadows.

"I thought you had already figured that out girl."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-09-30 at 04:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Spire]
    [Nexus Interdimensional Airport]

The Nexus Interdimensional Airport is, as always, extremely busy. Being one of few (if not the only) airport in the hub that connects all realities happens to bring in a great deal of business.

Off towards the eastern(is there even an east here? who knows?) landing strips, where private or short-term contractor aircraft pay a hefty fee to be allowed to pick up or drop off passengers, a large, shuttle-like craft made of smooth tropical blue metal waits on sci-fi-esque landing pads, surrounded by good looking men and women in stereotypical tropical island getaway getup (for advertisement, of course) and of course, 'faceless' guards in smooth, gleaming black armor that hides any recognizable features. They don't seem to be armed.

A grinning android is there to accept tickets from anyone who's paid for one, or has been invited to come for free.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Spire]
    [Nexus Interdimensional Airport]

Rael arrives, with S'Kanthos. Karyana may or may not come, depending on whether or not Ashley and Zwei do.

If they do and he still hasn't hit his limit of guests, or they don't, he'll take, in order of priority, the Tire Geal, Linori, and Gartan.

28. - Top - End - #148

The Spire
    Nexus International Airport

A woman on a blue and silver motorcycle arrives. She parks the motorcycle and looks at the entrance.

Welp, here we are. Looks like the doors are big enough for ya, too.

That is always good.

Krystal gets off the bike. The bike then starts folding and shifting, transforming in a twelve-foot tall robot decorated with motorcycle parts.

Together, Runner and Krystal will walk towards the check-in.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

The Spire
    Nexus International Airport
    Maxios arrives, whistling a merry tune. He heads to check-in.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

The Spire
    Nexus Interdimensional Airport

"Tickets, please and thank you!" the robot declares in a monotone voice, waving the passengers who provide tickets on through. The inside of the shuttle is already fairly crowded, but the seats are plush and luxurious, and each has a fold out touchscreen computer.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.