New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLI: eXtra Large Injury

Prometheus's Lab

"I see. Now, I know you're not operating alone. What can you tell me about the organization you work for?"

Dungeon

One of the Drones leaves, locking the door behind him, while the other three attempt to lock Rael into the first set of manacles, which will pin both his arms and legs to the wall.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-13 at 08:13 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nephrim's Room]

Karyana's heart is pulled out. Which... Doesn't do much, other than let the wound heal. And the heart inside start to grow back. The neck wound heals when she pulls out her wristblade.

Karyana's eyes unseal, and she keeps trying to stab Nephrim with the elbow spikes.

[Dungeon]

Rael doesn' try to stop them, as he rather doubts that Prometheus actually plans to leave him here and kill him. And MURDER and The Nest will come after him, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-09-13 at 08:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Entrance -to- Main Room]

The girl from outside the door steps into the Main Room in a very guarded, cautious manner. She gawks at her surroundings a fair bit. This place looked kinda like Dave's living room! There was a television and a couch.

Hmm...

"Exactly how much violence happens here? Not too much, I would hope. My husband isn't very fond of pointless violence, though he does understand that mine is a necessity and obviously cannot be dispensed with."

The girl replies in a soft, serene, flowing voice.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah frowns slightly.

Of course I wasn't alone! I was with Mr. Blooddrinker you just sent off. As for the organization...

She allows for a dramatic pause.

...The toilets don't work correctly, the carpet smells like cat urine, the pool hasn't been cleaned in years, and I'm pretty sure there's rats in the attic.

Amazingly enough, she manages to say this without laughing at her own keen wit.

5. - Top - End - #95

Prometheus's Lab

"How dismal. However, I fear that is not the sort of information I'm looking for, nor the sort that will buy you freedom anytime soon. So why don't you try to be a little more helpful, for your own sake. For a start, what's this organization called?" Prometheus asks, continuing to ignore her attempts to annoy him.

6. - Top - End - #96

Main Room

"It depends, mainly on depending on if Rot is here or not."

Gordon watchs the henchmen put up some banners, then turns around.

"Oh, who is this?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Yeah, I thought you'd like that. You know, you really don't seem to fit in here. You seem like you actually have something between your ears, for starters.

Then she actually answers the question.

But right, the Organization. It's either MURDER, BLACKOPS, or OBVIOUSASSASSINATIONS,INC. One of those three, I'm sure.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Kitchen

"Oh. Okay. I was just wondering..." Legion pauses, perplexed, as she floats around the room. "Um, if you wanted someone else to do the cooking tonight."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #99

Kitchen

The gravity is back on. Sweetums drops onto the counter, and pots and pans start falling.

"Fixed it."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

"My name is Clarissa. I was wondering if you could find a place for me in your fine organization, pretty please."

Clarissa courteously speaks, knowing full well the power of the word please.

11. - Top - End - #101

Main Room

"Perhaps, it depends on a few things. Any thing that you are good at?"

The henchmen continue to get things ready for the party.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground

Kitchen

"Good job!" Legion says, smiling at the big, friendly ogre. She pats the giant henchman on the back. "Say, why don't you go relax? Get ready for the party? I can take care of things in here. Cook something up."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #103

Prometheus's Lab

"Did you honestly believe everyone here was a hyperactive psychopath? Why, that would be like saying everyone in MURDER is an incompetent bloodmage incapable of putting together any plan more complex than "Walk into a fortress full of hyperactive psychopaths claiming to be a blind date." In short, both are nearly accurate.

"I am going to assume the answer is either MURDER or BLACKOPS, with the first being more likely. OBVIOUSASSASSINATIONS, INC. as accurate as the name would be, is not exactly a serious name, and you seem like the sort who wants to be taken seriously. Who leads this organization?"

Front Door

Outside of AMEN, two large moving vans pull up, and out of one of the vans hops Jasper, who promptly saunters up to the door and knocks on it.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-13 at 09:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Kitchen

"K then."

Sweetums goes off to get ready.

Front door

The front door is opened up.

"You Legion's boyfriend?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Incompetent? Oh, how you wound me with your words. Perhaps this is all part of some grander plan? Maybe me and my friend are both lying, with a carefully coordinated story? Perhaps we already have agents planted in the organization? Blood Mages can control the blood in a man's mind, after all...

Leader? Not really. I mean, there is one, but he, and I say he because I have no idea what gender it has, isn't dumb enough to give his name out even to his members, and speaks through a statue rather than actually being physically present. In short, there really isn't much I can tell you about the Director.

I can tell you he has a great singing voice. That would be pretty fun to see you check for, though. 'Sing, so I can find out if you're the leader of the organization I'm tracking!'

Not technically a lie...

The last bit is in Sarah's best mimicry of Prometheus' voice. It's not anywhere near accurate, but it certainly is amusing.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-13 at 09:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I'm good at killing people, breaking things, and doing monsterish things in general."

Clarissa proclaims, somewhat unsure of herself. Gordon may find that statement hard to believe. Clarissa certainly doesn't seem dangerous or deadly at all!

17. - Top - End - #107

Front Door

"Yep. Got bored of those stick-in-the-muds down at Watch, so I figured I'd just join up. Plus, I brought ice cream for this party. Lots f ice cream. And booze." Jasper says, attempting to shake the hand of whichever henchman opened the door.

Prometheus's Lab

"I'd say the fact you were unconscious for most of the time your friend was being interrogated gives me some small assurance you aren't coordinating your stories." The fact that there are some significant differences, and that Sarah is a terrible liar, also helps Prometheus reach that conclusion, but he isn't about to say that. "So, you can tell me little about this Director. Very well. What about the other members? How many, aside from the ones I've already captured, are there? What can you tell me about their strengths and weaknesses?"

18. - Top - End - #108

Door

The henchman hand is shaken.

"That's good, I think."

Main Room

Hey, Gordon doesn't at first glance look like someone capable to taking out a town alone, but he can. Nephriem doesn't look like much either, but she is a demon, and still dangerous. Lots of members of AMEN don't look as dangerous as they really are.

"That's good, but can you get along well with others? I wouldn't want to have to find a replacement for you if you got stabbed for annoying someone here."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah raises an eyebrow.

Well, we could have easily done so beforehand if we were planning on being captured for some grand plan...

As for other members? Well, you've already met me and my fellow mage. I've met the Director, though not in person, and one who calls himself...

...Actually, I never did learn his name. He mostly uses ranged weaponry, though. I'm fairly sure he's a sniper. Also, there's a Knife-wielder named Krark, and a Shadowy Figure that I don't know anything about. There's a Psion I don't know, and a demolitions expert. I think we have an intelligence expert who's been spreading listening devices around, too. But I'm not quite sure.

I'm pretty sure there are more, as it's most likely a cell-based organization, but I don't know who they are or anything about them.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Stabbing wouldn't kill me. Not unless someone took the time to stab me a few dozen times. The stabber would probably get bored before-"

"What was I talking about?"

Clarissa is a little bit of a scatterbrain. Only a little bit, though.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

The henchman who opened the door for Clarissa will wander over to Gordon, seeing as how no one seems to need him.

So you seem like a guy who's sane enough not to hurl explosives all ova' me, whadya say we talk a bit of business huh?

He is now, very clearly, not himself.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #112

Main Room

"You were talking about how you get along with others."

Gordon holds up one finger (not that one), to say wait until I'm done inviewing.

23. - Top - End - #113

Prometheus's Lab

"Yes, that is a possibility. However, if you planned on being captured, than I'm sorry to say your plan was not a particularly good one. Now, where is your base located?" Prometheus asks.

He isn't seriously planning on strolling over to MURDER and attacking, is he?

Front Door

"Indeed it is. Now, why don't you help my friends carry all this ice cream in? Hell knows I'm not gonna." With that, Jasper strolls past the henchmen and into AMEN, while several golems hop out of the other truck and begin unloading crates, yes, crates, full of ice cream.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-13 at 10:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Main Room

Seeing as Clarissa is deadtimed, Gordon turns to the possesed henchman.

"So, who are you and what business do you have?"

Front door

The henchman goes and starts helping with the ice cream.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Indeed? Maybe this is exactly where I want to be.

You want to know? I'm supposed to give you the Bar in Riverside where you order the 'Lament of Death,' go down the elevator, and die when the thing is flooded with Lethal levels of Radiation, Botulinium Toxin, and Fluoroantimonic Acid.

I'll give you the real bar instead, where you order the 'House Brew' and get killed by a group of Annoyed Assassins fighting on their home ground.

She neglects to mention that the House Brew IS the 'Lament of Death.'

26. - Top - End - #116

Main Room

I'm just your average, everyday Hench, getting my brain sucked dry for information as per usual. No but seriously, I'm willing to bet I could save you alot of trouble with this new group you recently been infested by. I was just around their place, quite a joint they've set up. And loyal? Sheesh even the most apathetic joe I found was still willing to kill me over the information I stole. Here's the thing, I have a little proposition going on with boss-man over there, and the guys you have here are the most capable of holding up their end of the bargain. So, depending on what it's worth to ya, I'm willing to negotiate for one or both of their release, to keep my balls rolling if you catch my drift.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #117

Prometheus's Lab

"All well and good, but I can hardly go there and fall into whatever trap you expect will kill me unless you actually give me the address."

28. - Top - End - #118

Main Room

Gordon shakes his head, a half smile on his face.

"I'm listening, but I hope you have something good to trade for their freedom."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Prometheus's Lab

Sarah, for some indiscernible reason, gives him the actual address. This is OOC text because I don't know the actual address.

If you want some real fun, order the Black Shadow. Kills you outright, and quickly. Much more pleasant than being tortured to death, even if you're too civilized to actually do it to your own prisoners.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2011-09-13 at 11:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

I've got entire floor-plans, a network of secret entrances and tunnels, my personal opinion of their security system and an up to date duty roster. That's just scratching the tip boo-bee! What I need from you is an assurance that you don't act on this until my job with them is kaputt, and the aforementioned release of one or more of those squicky folk you have locked up.

The hench's head ticks to the side, and from his ear squelches and tube of grey/white jelly that takes the shape of a flying brain. The hench is otherwise unharmed.

So can we talk?