New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gear was mildly surprised when Silverpine suddenly appeared at her side, but she took it in stride. "Good morning my sweet," She fondly nuzzled his cheek.

"Foal-sit," She said simply with a grin.
    "Morning to you, Gear." The orange colt nuzzled her back gently, content to trade for gentle signs of affection this way.

"So, Sandy. What now?"

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

"Foal-sit," She said simply with a grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "So, Sandy. What now?"
    "Well, I guess I could-What?!" He turned to look at the (no doubt innocent-looking) Gear. "Foal-sitting? But, you two can handle yourselves well enough, I mean, you've been doin' it for the past two days. It's not like you're actual foals or something. Still got grown-up heads on your shoulders." Somewhere he mentally added.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Thanks to Akiiki's largely unintentional intervention, only one, or rather, thee opponents stood before Serilus and the goal; the opposing unicorn and her magical clones.

Serilus charged at the unicorn on the right, only to fall through her and land face first on the ground. "Obviously a fake one.", Serilus muttered. His fall had bought his opponents some time, so by the time Serilus managed to stand back up he found himself surrounded by three indentical looking unicorns.

Panicing, Serilus ran in a random direction. As he tried to dive through one of the unicorns, he instead found himself colliding with a solid surface, and both Serilus and the opposing unicorn collapsed in a pile on the ground. Falling to the ground caused the unicorn to lose her concentration, and the magical clones vanished.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the two unicorns, Akiiki had fallen to the side during the struggle, and was now sitting alone next to the goal, the ball by his side.
    Akiiki soon found out he had the ball
    "Mine!" the baby said as he grabbed it.

Then he noticed his teddy bear.
    "Mine!" he said as he snatched it.

Then the goal came into view. Akiiki wanted the net as well. He transformed into a baby elephant and picked up both objects. A powerful walk keeps everypony else away. Who is going to mess with an elephant on a mission?

Upon grabbing the net with his mighty trouble, the bear and ball slip free. The ball began to roll and roll...
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #604
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Well, I guess I could-What?!" He turned to look at the (no doubt innocent-looking) Gear. "Foal-sitting? But, you two can handle yourselves well enough, I mean, you've been doin' it for the past two days. It's not like you're actual foals or something. Still got grown-up heads on your shoulders." Somewhere he mentally added.
    As if on cue, Night Jewel came in, this time through the door. "Hey, Gear. Hey, Silverpine. Hey, Sa-" She stopped and looked him over. "...Wow, Sandy, you've grown since the last time I saw you."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    As if on cue, Night Jewel came in, this time through the door. "Hey, Gear. Hey, Silverpine. Hey, Sa-" She stopped and looked him over. "...Wow, Sandy, you've grown since the last time I saw you."
    Whooops. Sandy had completely forgotten about the actual foal he had been hanging out with for the past two days...

He felt kinda creepy all of a sudden.

"Yeah, I suppose you could say that." He gave a nervous chuckle to try and dispel the awkward. "Remember when we met, and we said there'd been magic afoot, and we weren't normal foals? Well, uh...this is what I am usually. Though, come to think of it, that's liable to change almost as much as the weather in this town." He briefly pondered how, in the space of two weeks, he'd been:

-a mare
    -a filly
    -a colt
    -a pegasus

Heck, all he needed was Earth Pony, and he'd have just about everything covered.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Barbarian in the Playground

Civic Center
    Leaky wakes up finally.
    "Oh Celestia, my back."
    He gets out of the bed after making it and put his suitcase on his back.
    He then left for Soft's bar to help ponies out.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

"I dunno.....I'm suddenly feeling very foalish and liable to getting myself hurt, and you'd totally be responsible, somehow,"
    She rolled on her back and grinned. When Night Jewel walked in she waved a hoof at the actual filly.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whooops. Sandy had completely forgotten about the actual foal he had been hanging out with for the past two days...

"Yeah, I suppose you could say that." He gave a nervous chuckle to try and dispel the awkward. "Remember when we met, and we said there'd been magic afoot, and we weren't normal foals? Well, uh...this is what I am usually. Though, come to think of it, that's liable to change almost as much as the weather in this town." He briefly pondered how, in the space of two weeks, he'd been:

-a mare
    -a filly
    -a colt
    -a pegasus

Heck, all he needed was Earth Pony, and he'd have just about everything covered.
    After waving at Gearstride, Night Jewel turned her attention back to Sandy."I see. I think I was told that. You were so cute when you were little."

Here it went. Her new friends would grow up without her, and just when she was getting close to them, too. She supposed she couldn't fault them - if they were naturally full-grown, they'd want to stay that way - but it still seemed like it might kind of suck.

"You're still the Sandy I know, though, right?" she asked. "You lot aren't going to become all different just because of being big, are you?"

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

After waving at Gearstride, Night Jewel turned her attention back to Sandy."I see. I think I was told that. You were so cute when you were little."

Here it went. Her new friends would grow up without her, and just when she was getting close to them, too. She supposed she couldn't fault them - if they were naturally full-grown, they'd want to stay that way - but it still seemed like it might kind of suck.

"You're still the Sandy I know, though, right?" she asked. "You lot aren't going to become all different just because of being big, are you?"
    "Well, I don't suppose I'm the best pony to ask about being big now, am I?" After a little chuckle, he continued; "But don't you worry your little head about that. Apart from a little extra rambunctiousness and an accent I lost halfway through my schoolin', the me you saw yesterday isn't all that different from the usual me. If we were friends then, we're friends now."

"I dunno.....I'm suddenly feeling very foalish and liable to getting myself hurt, and you'd totally be responsible, somehow,"
    She rolled on her back and grinned. When Night Jewel walked in she waved a hoof at the actual filly.
    Sandy winced a little and shook his head. "And now I'm probably going to have to eat those words aren't I? You're right; I was just a foal too, I know that feelin', and I'd be a lousy friend if I let somethin' happen to you all. Wouldn't get much done around town anyway, so I suppose I can hang around and keep you three out of trouble."

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy winced a little and shook his head. "And now I'm probably going to have to eat those words aren't I? You're right; I was just a foal too, I know that feelin', and I'd be a lousy friend if I let somethin' happen to you all. Wouldn't get much done around town anyway, so I suppose I can hang around and keep you three out of trouble."

"Well, we could continue our treasure hunt or go to the lake beach and build sandcastles....actually...considering the storm from yesterday, who knows what cool things might have washed up on shore....Though when I think about it....doesn't your job entail you keep the beaches looking nice? That storm might have done a nasty number on it last night."
    She put a hoof under her chin.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I don't suppose I'm the best pony to ask about being big now, am I?" After a little chuckle, he continued; "But don't you worry your little head about that. Apart from a little extra rambunctiousness and an accent I lost halfway through my schoolin', the me you saw yesterday isn't all that different from the usual me. If we were friends then, we're friends now."
    "Good! I wouldn't want to lose friends just because I'm still a wee filly." Night Jewel grinned. "Still, to be completely sure you haven't changed..." She gave the stallion a quick nuzzling.

"Well, we could continue our treasure hunt or go to the lake beach and build sandcastles....actually...considering the storm from yesterday, who knows what cool things might have washed up on shore....Though when I think about it....doesn't your job entail you keep the beaches looking nice? That storm might have done a nasty number on it last night." She put a hoof under her chin.
    "That sounds like a good idea! I wonder what kind of things we could find. Maybe it'll lead to a new adventure!"

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

"Always better with an actual adult around..." Sliverpine gave Sandy an innocent grin, that totally meant he was not up to something. Yeah. Nothing at all.

-a mare
    -a filly
    -a colt
    -a pegasus

"You should have seen him when he was being teased by Gear here. It's like watching a bigger version of him yesterday."

"What? I don't count?" Sliverpine asked playfully.

"Well, we could continue our treasure hunt or go to the lake beach and build sandcastles....actually...considering the storm from yesterday, who knows what cool things might have washed up on shore....Though when I think about it....doesn't your job entail you keep the beaches looking nice? That storm might have done a nasty number on it last night."

"YAY!"

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

"You should have seen him when he was being teased by Gear here. It's like watching a bigger version of him yesterday."
    "Good! I wouldn't want to lose friends just because I'm still a wee filly." Night Jewel grinned. "Still, to be completely sure you haven't changed..." She gave the stallion a quick nuzzling.
    "H-hey, c-cut it out..." Blushing slightly, Sandy tried to brush Night Jewel away, but the speedy unicorn was already gone. It wasn't quite the same as yesterday or a proper Gear-teasing; that would be kinda creepy from a filly. Instead, it was more like a teenaged brother getting a big hug from his little sister in front of his friends. Embarrassment rather than nerves.

"Oh horseapples, the beach! I didn't even get to prep her up for the storm. She's probably a sight and a half now..." He craned his neck out the window, trying to get a glimpse of his precious shoreline. "Good idea though. I can get started on fixin' her up, and there should be plenty of stuff washed ashore for you three to dig through."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

"H-hey, c-cut it out..." Blushing slightly, Sandy tried to brush Night Jewel away, but the speedy unicorn was already gone. It wasn't quite the same as yesterday or a proper Gear-teasing; that would be kinda creepy from a filly. Instead, it was more like a teenaged brother getting a big hug from his little sister in front of his friends. Embarrassment rather than nerves.
    Night Jewel chuckled. "Yep, that's definitely still our Sandy."

"Oh horseapples, the beach! I didn't even get to prep her up for the storm. She's probably a sight and a half now..." He craned his neck out the window, trying to get a glimpse of his precious shoreline. "Good idea though. I can get started on fixin' her up, and there should be plenty of stuff washed ashore for you three to dig through."
    "Aren't beaches mostly just sand? Sand wouldn't be too badly messed up by a storm. What are you worried about? Driftwood? Seaweed? It's a lake, not an ocean, isn't it?"

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

"Aren't beaches mostly just sand? Sand wouldn't be too badly messed up by a storm. What are you worried about? Driftwood? Seaweed? It's a lake, not an ocean, isn't it?"
    "Well, you're sorta right, but we're talkin' about a beach, not just a pile of sand here. Now, beaches are hardy buggers; won't fall apart just from a little rain. But if they're not properly maintained, then they just wash away over time. And buildin' a beach from scratch is daggum near impossible. Normally what I'd do with a storm is reinforce parts of the beach so there isn't too much damage during the rain. Without that, then there might be some erosion of the underlyin' structure." He shook his head, forestalling further lecturing. "Shoot, I could talk for hours about this stuff, but I reckon you three more want to get going, right?"

(I figure since everything else nature-wise is maintained by ponies, then somepony's got to handle erosion damage too. Also, I think it's a lake, but a rather large one.)

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Akiiki soon found out he had the ball
    "Mine!" the baby said as he grabbed it.

Then he noticed his teddy bear.
    "Mine!" he said as he snatched it.

Then the goal came into view. Akiiki wanted the net as well. He transformed into a baby elephant and picked up both objects. A powerful walk keeps everypony else away. Who is going to mess with an elephant on a mission?

Upon grabbing the net with his mighty trouble, the bear and ball slip free. The ball began to roll and roll...
    Serilus facehoofed as Akiiki grabbed the net. It was already hard enough trying to get the ball into a stationary net, let alone a moving one.

Serilus grabbed the ball and passed it to his pegasus teammate for safe keeping. He could get it back later, once the goal net situation was handled.

The opposing team momentarily forgotten in the confusion, Serilus called his earth pony teammate over. They surrounded Akiiki, one each side, and tried to get him in a position where they could stop him, allowing the pegasus to score.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
    "What? I don't count?" Sliverpine asked playfully.

"Of course you count babe,"
    She pulled the colt down to the ground with her and nuzzled him again.

"Well, you're sorta right, but we're talkin' about a beach, not just a pile of sand here. Now, beaches are hardy buggers; won't fall apart just from a little rain. But if they're not properly maintained, then they just wash away over time. And buildin' a beach from scratch is daggum near impossible. Normally what I'd do with a storm is reinforce parts of the beach so there isn't too much damage during the rain. Without that, then there might be some erosion of the underlyin' structure." He shook his head, forestalling further lecturing. "Shoot, I could talk for hours about this stuff, but I reckon you three more want to get going, right?"
    (Yea, its a pretty big lake that's supposed to be a little ways out town)

"Yes....on empty bellies! Actually...we should pack a brunch then if were going to the beach,"
    The filly replied getting to her hooves and making for the door.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course you count babe,"
    She pulled the colt down to the ground with her and nuzzled him again.

(Yea, its a pretty big lake that's supposed to be a little ways out town)

"Yes....on empty bellies! Actually...we should pack a brunch then if were going to the beach,"
    The filly replied getting to her hooves and making for the door.
    "Dibs on the dandelions!" Sliverpine called out, quickly following Gear out of the door.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Serilus facehoofed as Akiiki grabbed the net. It was already hard enough trying to get the ball into a stationary net, let alone a moving one.

Serilus grabbed the ball and passed it to his pegasus teammate for safe keeping. He could get it back later, once the goal net situation was handled.

The opposing team momentarily forgotten in the confusion, Serilus called his earth pony teammate over. They surrounded Akiiki, one each side, and tried to get him in a position where they could stop him, allowing the pegasus to score.
    The baby zebra saw th ponies surround him and frowned. He dropped the net and screamed.
    "MINE!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #620

The baby zebra saw the ponies surround him and frowned. He dropped the net and screamed.
    "MINE!"
    "Sure thing Akiiki, you can keep the net." Serilus signalled to the pegasus above him before continuing, "We just need to do one thing first."

The pegasus dropped the ball towards the net.
    Last edited by Level8Mudcrab; 2011-10-09 at 12:52 AM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

"Dibs on the dandelions!" Sliverpine called out, quickly following Gear out of the door.
    So after an off-screen breakfast where Silverpine did indeed put dibs on the dandelions, the gang was off and whoever else who wanted to join them. At some point they'd reach the beach.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sure thing Akiiki, you can keep the net." Serilus signalled to the pegasus above him before continuing, "We just need to do one thing first."

The pegasus dropped the ball towards the net.
    Akiiki sees the ball falling toward him. He swings net and scoops up the ball.
    "Mine! Mine! Mine! MINE!" streamed the now stripy gorrila with an angry snarl. He didn'trealize notice he scored.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #623
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Civic Centre -> Beach]

Well-fed and full of optimism, Night Jewel ran ahead of the others, eager to reach the beach. As they got closer to their destination, she noticed that there were a few more and different flowers around than she expected, but paid no mind to it. After all, she wasn't really an expert on flowers, just as she didn't know quite as much about beaches as she thought she did.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-The Lake/Beach

Along the way the silly filly Gear splashed in a few of the rain puddles, just completely and utterly hamming up the foal experience. She was in the right mind to not act immature, but she ignored that for the sake of it.

She trotted up leaving the boys behind to catch up with Night Jewel and frolic. But yea, looking at the beach, it wasn't picturesque in a manner of speaking.

25. - Top - End - #625

Akiiki sees the ball falling toward him. He swings net and scoops up the ball.
    "Mine! Mine! Mine! MINE!" streamed the now stripy gorrila with an angry snarl. He didn'trealize notice he scored.
    "Hurrah! We won! We won!" Serilus poked his tounge out and taunted several members of the other team. The earth pony and pegasus tried to lift Akiiki into the air for a victory cheer, but quickly gave up when gorrila-Akiiki proved too heavy.

Congratulations were shared between the two teams and all the background ponies watching the game erupted into loud cheering. Serilus trotted over to Akiiki. "Great work Akiiki, you certainly played well." Deciding it was best not to try and seperate the gorrila from his prizes he added "Uh, I guess you can keep the ball."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy - The Beach

To the three foals, the beach didn't look all that bad. Sure it had its share of leaves, branches, seaweed (from a lake, just because), and other debris, but not any worse than the rest of the town. There were various and sundry objects washed up near the shoreline, but that was really to be expected.

To Sandy's trained eye...well, he supposed it could have been worse. Somehow. The torrential downpours had nearly carried some of the smaller dunes away, and the powerful winds and waves had eaten up a huge chunk of the shoreline. Not just the surface sand; some of heavily-compacted base was just gone. If beaches weren't such hardy critters, he may have had to call in some extra help. As it stood, he'd likely have to work overtime the next few days to get the beach looking proper again, at least to his standards.

Sandy tried to put on a brave face for his friends. "Well, I suppose it's not too far gone." He laughed a little uncomfortably. "Er, why don't you three play around here, and I'll get to work fixin' this up." He indicated a spot near where the worst of the damage was so that he could keep an eye on the three while he worked.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy - The Beach

To the three foals, the beach didn't look all that bad. Sure it had its share of leaves, branches, seaweed (from a lake, just because), and other debris, but not any worse than the rest of the town. There were various and sundry objects washed up near the shoreline, but that was really to be expected.

To Sandy's trained eye...well, he supposed it could have been worse. Somehow. The torrential downpours had nearly carried some of the smaller dunes away, and the powerful winds and waves had eaten up a huge chunk of the shoreline. Not just the surface sand; some of heavily-compacted base was just gone. If beaches weren't such hardy critters, he may have had to call in some extra help. As it stood, he'd likely have to work overtime the next few days to get the beach looking proper again, at least to his standards.

Sandy tried to put on a brave face for his friends. "Well, I suppose it's not too far gone." He laughed a little uncomfortably. "Er, why don't you three play around here, and I'll get to work fixin' this up." He indicated a spot near where the worst of the damage was so that he could keep an eye on the three while he worked.
    "Sandcastle!" Sliverpine yelled, bouncing towards the spot Sandy had pointed and beginning work on what he hoped would be his masterpiece.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

"Aye aye Sandy, I'll just leave you to your adult responsibilities while I go play," She playfully saluted. Though come to think about it, what sort of responsibilities does she even have? Also, what kind of profession is 'adventurer', that's what bored ponies do who have too much time on their hooves.

"Come on Silverpine, lemme bury you up to your head in the sand and then place a crab nearby and watch you squirm for help in which I will offer a bargain exchange deal,"
    She seemed very specific. She chuckled with mirth kissing her coltfriend on the cheek. "I jest, mostly."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

"Aye aye Sandy, I'll just leave you to your adult responsibilities while I go play," She playfully saluted. Though come to think about it, what sort of responsibilities does she even have? Also, what kind of profession is 'adventurer', that's what bored ponies do who have too much time on their hooves.

"Come on Silverpine, lemme bury you up to your head in the sand and then place a crab nearby and watch you squirm for help in which I will offer a bargain exchange deal,"
    She seemed very specific. She chuckled with mirth kissing her coltfriend on the cheek. "I jest, mostly."
    Sliverpine stared at her curiously as she said her piece. "Uh... any specific reason you brought that up?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow up. After a moment though, he shrugged, putting it out of his mind.

"Let's build the biggest sandcastle ever!" he brightly suggested, returning to his original idea. He pulled the filly along into the beach.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy - The Beach

"Got it," said Night Jewel as she examined the beach. "Looks a bit rough, but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle." She then trotted over to join her other friends.

"Come on Silverpine, lemme bury you up to your head in the sand and then place a crab nearby and watch you squirm for help in which I will offer a bargain exchange deal," She seemed very specific. She chuckled with mirth kissing her coltfriend on the cheek. "I jest, mostly."
    Sliverpine stared at her curiously as she said her piece. "Uh... any specific reason you brought that up?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow up. After a moment though, he shrugged, putting it out of his mind.

"Let's build the biggest sandcastle ever!" he brightly suggested, returning to his original idea. He pulled the filly along into the beach.
    "Well, as appealing as the idea of seeing your reaction to getting buried is," the purple filly chuckled, "I think the sandcastle idea would be more fun for all of us. Now, let's not get sidetracked by romantics here lest I end up doing all the work, all right?" She began to dig and pile, dig and pile, dig and pile...