New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

(Mystic and Sweet Dreams date. For those who don't want to read through it, AKA everybody, Mystic is on the balcony with Sweet Dreams if you want to interact with her.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    Mystic did her best to think of something for her and Dreams to do tonight, but she was drawing a blank. She didn't really know what kind of hobbies she had, whether she even liked movies, what kind of movies she liked if she did like movies, or if there was anything in particular she liked doing like dancing. Going stargazing again would be nice, but it was currently a torrential downpour and the sky was covered in clouds so that wasn't an option.

Mystic continued to think for a bit and got an idea. She went to the balcony Sweet Dreams was stargazing from last night and started moving bits of clouds away. They were too big to open up the sky to see the stars, but she could still use them for other purposes. She grabbed various pieces and started constructing a table. After that was done, although it could certainly have looked better, she started constructing an umbrella to keep them shielded from the rain. It was too late for her to do that for herself, but she could dry off before the date. She grabbed some candle sticks and candles out of her bag, and then went back inside to dry off.

After getting dried off, Mystic started working on her mane. There was only so much she could do since she didn't have a ton of time, and wasn't a Unicorn or Alicorn, but she managed to make her mane and tail look fairly nice. After this, she went out to light the candles. It wasn't great, but she hoped Dreams would like it anyway. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow, or they'll be able to find something they'll both enjoy tonight if she doesn't want to sit out underneath an umbrella in the rain.

After this, she flew through the Civic Center looking for Dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixie
    Dreams is going to be found in the same place she always is-half asleep at the front desk, her head snoozing on the hard wood.
    Mystic tries to think of an appropriate way to wake up Sweet Dreams.

After looking around and making sure nopony notices, she decides to try awakening the sleeping princess pony with a kiss!
    Oh my!
    Her eyes widen to awake in an instant, and then she blushes massively and returns the kiss.

Mystic smiles a little at that. "I got things ready for a date. she says to Dreams. Now that Dreams is awake, she'll probably notice the recently styled mane and tail. I uh, I wasn't sure what kind of stuff you liked to do, so I just set something up on the balcony. she admits nervously.
    Smileblush. "I bet it'll be really nice."
    Follow me? she asks as she starts walking towards the balcony.

Once there, Sweet would quite easily notice the setup Mystic did. The Umbrella is nice and wide, so there's a decent amount of area to just sit and relax.
    She will stop and stare in amazement!
    Mystic will stop as well once she notices Dreams stopped. Is there something wrong? she'll ask, slightly worried.
    Rapid headshaking.
    "It's... wonderful." she says, awed.
    Small blush. It's really not that good. I couldn't even manage to disperse the clouds enough to see the stars again. she says a bit sad. Even when she's done something good, Mystic has a tendency to not like it if the result isn't what she wanted. She'll start walking towards the area again, and assuming no other interruptions, will sit down underneath the umbrella and wait for Dreams.
    "It's wonderful." she says softly, following her out.

More blushing.

Mystic will sit down, pull out two wine glasses from her bag, and pull out a few different varieties of Wine, setting them on the table.

I thought maybe a glass of wine by candelight would be nice? she says, and offers to let Dreams choose what kind she'd like first.
    BLUSH.
    "That sounds nice..." she blushes.
    She'll choose a sweet red.

Mystic Pours Dreams some sweet red wine, and chooses a white wine for herself. She takes a small sip of her own, and asks Dreams So, what kind of hobbies do you have? she asks, thinking of something potential to do in the future. Or just stuff in general that you like? Dancing? Movies?
    "Well... I like flying... I wanted to be a weatherpony once." she says slowly.

Oh? Would you like to talk about that? She takes another small sip of her white wine.
    "...if you like..?"
    We don't have to if you don't want to. I just want to get to know you better. Mystic says, setting her wine down for right now. If there's anything in particular you'd like to talk about, I'd be more than happy to hear about it. she says smiling.
    "I can talk about things if you like." she says cautiously. "I'm just better at answering questions than flow..."
    Alright. Well, what are your say, top 5 or top 10 favorite hobbies? she asks.
    "Umm... stargazing, weather, reading, painting and sleeping."
    Mystic giggles when she hears the last one. What kind of books do you like? she asks.
    "I like crime novels." she nods.
    Ah, Interesting. Any particular reason why? she takes another small sip.
    "Not really. But it's something that doesn't happen much for real. Which is good, of course..."
    Ah. I guess that makes sense. Mystic says, and waits for her to say something else, or for some indication to ask about something else.
    "So... um... what about you?"
    I like dancing, watching some TV shows, movies, cooking, reading, flying, and a game called "Ponies and Pantheons"
    "Ooh, I've heard of that." she nods.
    Oh? Does it sound fun to you? Or anything else I've mentioned so far? she asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix
    "It all sounds fun." she smiles happily.
    Mystic blushes just a tad. If the weather is nicer tomorrow, would you maybe like to go dancing? It looks like I just got that dress I ordered... she says.
    "Sure." she says, blushing too.
    Great. Mystic said smiling. She took another sip of her wine and looked back into the Civic Center. It looked like nopony else was awake.

It doesn't look like anypony is still up. Would you mind showing your true self? Mystic asks politely. She likes Dreams as an Alicorn.
    Blush. "Okay..." she murmurs, and her horn and wings shimmer into reality.
    You look really beautiful
    Mystic says quietly, though likely not quietly enough to not be heard. What's it like being an Alicorn? Do you enjoy it, or do you kind of wish you were a Pegasus, Unicorn or Earth pony? she asks.
    "It's lonely." she says quietly.
    Mystic walks over to her side and settles in next to her. I hope I can help fix that. If only for a time. Mystic says, referring to the fact that Sweet Dreams is going to outlive her. Unless she finds out the secret to immortality, or turns out to be an Alicorn herself. But that's just crazy talk. I mean, how likely is she to find out the secret to immortality is pop tarts?
    Well, now you went and TOLD me, quite likely. :3
    "I think you can..." blushysmile.
    She smiles at that and takes another sip. Any way in particular you'd like me to help? she asks and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Her glass of wine is now empty. She'd refill it, but she's too comfortable right now.
    "I think cuddling will help..." blushysmile.
    Mystic blushes and begins Cuddling Sweet Dreams. She gives Dreams another kiss on the cheek.
    She blushes very happily and cuddles back.
    Is there anything else we should do tonight, or would you like to just continue cuddling each other and drinking wine? Mystic asks her. Her wine glass was woefully empty at the moment.
    "I can't really think of anything." she murmurs, seemingly enjoying the cuddles.
    Mind getting me a re-fill then? I'd get it myself, but I think you'd be disappointed if I broke off the cuddles. Mystic says, a bit teasingly.
    Blush!
    She tips the wine and pours some more into Mystic's glass with her magic.
    Mmm. Thank you Sweetie. she says happily, taking a sip. I tend to like wine because it lowers my inhibitions a bit. Not so much that it's a problem, just enough that I can do fun stuff without embarrassment. she explains. Like cuddling you. she says and nuzzles Dreams a bit.
    "Oh." she blushes. "O..okay..."
    I just realize how that sounded. I didn't mean anything bad by it. I'm just not used to having a girlfriend is all. It feels a little embarrassing for reasons I can't explain, but I don't want it to. It's nothing to do with you. she assures Dreams. I just....I'm not sure how to take it really. It's all kind of new to me. she admits. But this...this feels really nice. she says referring to the cuddling.
    She nods, still blushing.
    Mystic just lays there next to dreams, cuddling her, still hoping she didn't take it the wrong way, and just staying silent before she says anything else bad.
    She nuzzles happily.

Mystic Nuzzles back, and will try to stay awake for as long as Sweet Dreams does, but probably won't be able to quite manage it. She'll likely be able to make it to the dawn of the next day anyway.

Sweet Dreams will keep nuzzling her all along. When Mystic awakes, Dreams will be asleep, and a blanket will be laid over them. Dream's disguise will be back up.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Sliverpine stared at her curiously as she said her piece. "Uh... any specific reason you brought that up?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow up. After a moment though, he shrugged, putting it out of his mind.

"Let's build the biggest sandcastle ever!" he brightly suggested, returning to his original idea. He pulled the filly along into the beach.

"For fun obviously,"
    She offhandedly commented as he dragged her along.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, as appealing as the idea of seeing your reaction to getting buried is," the purple filly chuckled, "I think the sandcastle idea would be more fun for all of us. Now, let's not get sidetracked by romantics here lest I end up doing all the work, all right?" She began to dig and pile, dig and pile, dig and pile...

"Oh I dunno..sidetracking can be fun too,"
    She bemusedly shrugged. "But anyhoof.....the sandcastle need to have a moat too, naturally."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy watched as the three foals scampered off to build their sandcastle. Part of him really wished he could join them; sand-sculpting was his specialty, after all. But there wasn't a foal side to him egging him on anymore, just the responsible, dutiful stallion he'd grown up to be. With only a lingering pause, he started work on the beach.

The foals would see him drawing suspended sand from the water as well as sand from the lakebed and heaping it along the shoreline in great, thick sheets. As the shoreline started to slowly regain its shape, Sandy started humming to himself, a contented smile on his face. While he honestly was a lackluster mage, he was in his element; working with his special talent. The ponies who could match him in shifting sand wouldn't have half of his enthusiasm.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-10 at 05:19 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"For fun obviously,"
    She offhandedly commented as he dragged her along.

"Oh I dunno..sidetracking can be fun too,"
    She bemusedly shrugged. "But anyhoof.....the sandcastle need to have a moat too, naturally."
    And so the foals set about building their sandcastle. Naturally due to over enthusiasm the sand castle was toppled a few times by a careless hoof or flick of a tail. But eventually it got done, complete with a moat, a tower and four walls. Somepony even managed to get a miniature drawbridge completed with only sticks.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

And so the foals set about building their sandcastle. Naturally due to over enthusiasm the sand castle was toppled a few times by a careless hoof or flick of a tail. But eventually it got done, complete with a moat, a tower and four walls. Somepony even managed to get a miniature drawbridge completed with only sticks.

"I have to say Silverpine, great work on the portcullis,"
    She patted him near his withers and smiled sincerely. "You too Night Jewel with the towers."

"Oh...so now what?..."
    She asked looking at the sand castle unsure of what to do.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Next Morning - Whadda Scoops

It's 5:00AM... 5 in the morning! SHE OVERSLEPT! The sound of the printers going all night must have lulled her into a deeper than normal sleep. The late start won't stop her though, not with the wonderful powers of her good friend coffee!

After rushing about getting things ready, Scoops delivers all the papers via pulled wagon to the businesses that will distribute them. The mare can't well start home delivery without a paperfoal.

Today's paper:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Shores Star Vol 1 ed 1

Headline: A New Era of Reporting - mostly announcing the creation of the paper

Front Page: Treasure of the Deep - seems local treasure hunters found a large statue in the lake. The reporter assures the readers that there is nothing sinister about it and has nothing to do with any events that didn't happen she would agree not to report about

Sticky Fun at the Civic Center - the Foal Patrol might find this a little bit embarrassing. Especially ones that don't like their picture taken.

National: a good assortment of things pulled from the news wire. Oddly it seems the important news is near the back of the section, while a pony-interest story about bunny census taking is on B-1.

World: Normal stuff really. Seems like Mooseland is holding some sort of world snow cone championship.

Lifestyle: Sweaters, the New Socks? Crossword, cartoons, the usual

With the morning business attended to, Scoops trots merrily along to get the next big break.
    ((saying hi to the foal patrol sound okay?))
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight woke up the next morning after the others had left. She yawned, stretched, and trotted out of Fort Filly down to the kitchen where she grabbed some breakfast. She wandered around for a bit, looking for her new friends, before she finally realized they'd gone off already. She sighed and, looking a little gloomy, trotted over to the balcony to look over the overcast town.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight woke up the next morning after the others had left. She yawned, stretched, and trotted out of Fort Filly down to the kitchen where she grabbed some breakfast. She wandered around for a bit, looking for her new friends, before she finally realized they'd gone off already. She sighed and, looking a little gloomy, trotted over to the balcony to look over the overcast town.
    Mystic Will eventually wake up, noticing Heartflight, and remembering she's currently cuddling an asleep Sweet Dreams.

Underneath a blanket.

Next to a table underneath an umbrella with melted candles.

Yeah, there's no way she's convincing Heart that Sweet Dreams isn't her fillyfriend at this point.

H-Hi Heart. she says, blushing like crazy.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight jumped six feet into the air. She hadn't noticed the other ponies, so wrapped up in her own thoughts was she.

"O-Oh, um, hi Mystic," she said.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight jumped six feet into the air. She hadn't noticed the other ponies, so wrapped up in her own thoughts was she.

"O-Oh, um, hi Mystic," she said.
    Sorry for startling you. How are you doing? she asks, trying not to draw attention to herself and the pony underneath the blanket. The blushing isn't helping there.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight let out a small sigh and just stared out at the town. "Fine," she said. Not very convincingly, but there you have it.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight let out a small sigh and just stared out at the town. "Fine," she said. Not very convincingly, but there you have it.
    Something wrong? Mystic asks, picking up on the fact it was rather unconvincing.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight opened her mouth to say something, then glanced at Sweet Dreams, seeing she was still asleep. Then she opened her mouth again.

"Um ... i-it's complicated," she said, not quite sure how to phrase her feelings.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have to say Silverpine, great work on the portcullis,"
    She patted him near his withers and smiled sincerely. "You too Night Jewel with the towers."

"Oh...so now what?..."
    She asked looking at the sand castle unsure of what to do.
    (I'm assuming the foal patrol means Sparky and co.)

"Um..." Sliverpine searched the depths of his mind for a suitable game to play. "I know! Why don't we play Monsters? Here, I'll be the scary monster that shall destroy this castle. Muahahahaha!" Sliverpine stood up on his hindlegs and imitated Godzilla. Rather badly. But yeah, he got his point across.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Troll in the Playground

(I'm assuming the foal patrol means Sparky and co.)

"Um..." Sliverpine searched the depths of his mind for a suitable game to play. "I know! Why don't we play Monsters? Here, I'll be the scary monster that shall destroy this castle. Muahahahaha!" Sliverpine stood up on his hindlegs and imitated Godzilla. Rather badly. But yeah, he got his point across.

"Oh noe, is the terrible Gojira!"
    She playfully yelled getting into the silliness of the game. "Oh...how about me and Night Jewel play the castle defenders?...Oh, I wonder if the monster here is weak against.....fruit leather!" She 'cackled' pulling out the last few pieces left in her saddle bag.

=====

Fox Trot
    Spoiler
    Show

"Oh how naive my beloved Fox Trot.....you don't really think that you truly love this Icy mare. Just think about it....

Before she had ever confessed her feelings to you, you never harbored any feelings for her. You saw her only as a friend, because you knew you wouldn't be able fully commit to somepony new when you were still in love with me.....Yet when she asked if you wanted to date her...sure..you hesitated...for a few moments before you said yes.

Why say 'yes' so quickly, you didn't even take the time to think it over. Not even a day. Why was that Fox Trot? Because you wanted to forget me? No...because you were still in love with me. You see her as me, the mare you had fallen in love with before our break-up. You think of her as a second chance. A second chance at what Fox trot? Love? Hahah....No, you see her as a second chance with me.

She is nothing more but a proxy and you will only end up hurting her regardless of your actions in trying not to. You're just using her, how wretched you are Fox. Who would have thought that the sweet, sensitive, silly, naive Fox Trot who's all smiles all the time was really just a liar, selfish user who only cared about his own happiness.

Why else would you suddenly shower her with affection when just a few days ago she was merely a friend to you. When you kiss her, you're truly only thinking of me. When you embrace her, you're only holding me.

Oh Fox.....

The mocha pony woke up in a cold sweat, short of breath with an ache in his chest. No...that couldn't be true....that...that had to be an outright lie! He was so upset with....whatever that was he had yet to notice he had returned to being a stallion as he laid there in bed looking up at the ceiling.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

She playfully yelled getting into the silliness of the game. "Oh...how about me and Night Jewel play the castle defenders?...Oh, I wonder if the monster here is weak against.....fruit leather!" She 'cackled' pulling out the last few pieces left in her saddle bag.
    "Noh! Anything but the fruit leather!" Sliverpine playfully said, throwing his forelegs over his face. The 'monster' began to run away. "You shall never catch 'Gojira' alive!" he taunted.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight opened her mouth to say something, then glanced at Sweet Dreams, seeing she was still asleep. Then she opened her mouth again.

"Um ... i-it's complicated," she said, not quite sure how to phrase her feelings.
    Any chance you could simplify it? Mystic asks.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight shrugged. "It's nothing," she said, though she wasn't convinced of that herself. "Our new friends went off to play or something somewhere, and they were gone when I woke up, is all. I was just looking forward to hanging out with them some more, but...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight shrugged. "It's nothing," she said, though she wasn't convinced of that herself. "Our new friends went off to play or something somewhere, and they were gone when I woke up, is all. I was just looking forward to hanging out with them some more, but...."
    Hmm. Let me see something. After a few minutes of looking like she's deep in concentration, or maybe asleep, she says They're at the beach. Sandy is back to adult size, Gearstride and Silverpine are still foals. she informs Heart.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight blinked in surprise. "How did you know that?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight blinked in surprise. "How did you know that?" she asked.
    Being a Zerg pony has certain benefits. she says without elaborating.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, cool!" said Heartflight, turning around to leave. Then she paused.

"Do you ... think I should join them?" she asked. "I mean, maybe they didn't want me to come. I mean, if they did, they would have woken me up, right?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, cool!" said Heartflight, turning around to leave. Then she paused.

"Do you ... think I should join them?" she asked. "I mean, maybe they didn't want me to come. I mean, if they did, they would have woken me up, right?"
    Don't ascribe to malice what can be equally well explained by ignorance. They probably just forgot, and I highly doubt they don't want you there. Just give them a chance. Mystic advises her.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

"Noh! Anything but the fruit leather!" Sliverpine playfully said, throwing his forelegs over his face. The 'monster' began to run away. "You shall never catch 'Gojira' alive!" he taunted.
    Gearstride-The Beach/Lake

"Hahah...the monster is on the run...what a wienie,"
    The filly jeered as she chased 'the monster' with childish glee.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mmmm ... thanks," said Heartflight, turning to head back inside. "I think I'll join them. Um ... have fun!" Unless Mystic had further words of advice, she trotted down and out towards where the others were.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmmm ... thanks," said Heartflight, turning to head back inside. "I think I'll join them. Um ... have fun!" Unless Mystic had further words of advice, she trotted down and out towards where the others were.
    Mystic has no further advice. She's just going to stay stuck underneath her sleeping fillyfriend. Her extremely cute and lovable fillyfriend. The horror.

She nuzzles Dreams.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Augh! Sorry for my absence. School really drags on.))

The little purple filly was a bit surprised by Gear's immediate strategy, but she decided to just roll with it. She sneaked around the castle, getting ready to ambush Silverpine the next time he came by.

[Meanwhile]

A pair of unfamiliar foals wandered through town, one looking nervous and one looking determined.

"Where are we?"

"I'm not sure."

"Is this a town?"

"It looks like one."

"Did we get lost?"

"Sort of."

They passed under the balcony, silent until the nervous one spoke up again. "Flower Tail, why did you have to challenge her?"

Flower Tail took a deep breath, then launched into an angry rant. "I told you already. She thought that just because I'm cute, it means I'm weak! But I'm not weak! She just got lucky-"

"...Maybe we should be quieter," said the other filly, glancing upwards.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

They'll eventually happen across a little Pegasus filly. Taking a nap in the middle of the road. Huh.

(Looks like a mini Fluttershy, Bright Blue coat, Deep purple mane. No cutie mark since she's too young to have earned her talent.)

29. - Top - End - #659
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gearstride-The Beach/Lake

"Hahah...the monster is on the run...what a wienie,"
    The filly jeered as she chased 'the monster' with childish glee.
    Nearby is a bush that doesn't quite belong there. It may or may not be cover for any ace reporters that could choose to hide there and watch to goings-on.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #660
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    They'll eventually happen across a little Pegasus filly. Taking a nap in the middle of the road. Huh.
    The duo observed her carefully. "She looks so peaceful."

"Bit of a strange place to sleep, though." Flower Tail glanced around, then took out a small seed stored in her braid. "I should have brought my seed pouch, but this will have to do."

"Wait a moment. What are you doing?" The other filly had a bad feeling about this.

Flower Tail flung the seed at the sleeper, then concentrated on her magic. "I'm waking her up, of course! What else did you think I'd be doing, Winterflap?" Slowly, a plant began to grow next to "Mini-Fluttershy".

"I don't think that's a good idea..."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)