New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Heartflight bumped into Mystic on the way home, and the latter explained that she'd purchased a house.

"Oh, cool!" said Heartflight. "Where is it? I'd like to visit when I can."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight bumped into Mystic on the way home, and the latter explained that she'd purchased a house.

"Oh, cool!" said Heartflight. "Where is it? I'd like to visit when I can."
    Mystic gives her the address and says Would you like to come back to visit? I'm not up to anything other than tucking this little guy into bed. Mystic offers.

On the way, so long as she's sure Lionheart is still asleep she says If just taking care of one ten year old blind foal is this much trouble, I'm not looking forward to when I actually have foals of my own.

Oh, of course she is, she's just frustrated and being silly.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-25 at 11:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah! Thanks," said Heartflight, following Mystic.

"Pony, the civic center is going to feel kind of empty without you," she said after a moment.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-10-26 at 11:15 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah! Thanks," said Heartflight, following Mystic.

"Pony, the civic center is going to feel kind of empty without you," she said after a moment'
    Well you can always visit me. Or you could even live with me. We've got another bed, and Lionheart could always use a pony his own age to play with. Mystic says smugly, teasing her.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zylan View Post
    Diamond stood smiling at the exchange between Serilus and the Mayor. Her smile, however, disappeared at the 'couple' comment and her face turned bright red. She turned away a little, clearly embarrassed.

"Ah, Diamond is it?" The Mayor's eyes fixed on her and couldn't help but smile awkwardly at her obvious blush. "Oh please forgive me, I didn't mean to embarass you. A simple mistake."

The white unicorn returned the smile with a smaller one, her blush slowly fading away. "It's alright... I uh, was interested in the house that looks like an old, abandoned shop. The one near the edge of town..."

The Mayor's eyes widened in surprise. "THAT one?" Quickly her expression switched from shock to warmth as she beamed almost forcefully at Diamond. "Er, of course, of course. It used to belong to a very talented artisan, you know... that is, until the incident..." She frowned slightly.

Diamond's brow furrowed in concern and she glanced at Serilus, lowering her head nervously. "...Th-the incident...?"

"But! There's no need to worry, I'm sure!" The Mayor's attitude brightened so suddenly, it struck Diamond into a state of awkward confusion. "Pony tales will be pony tales, you know." She chuckled. "Anyway, I'll give you a good deal on it since it hasn't exactly been kept in the best of shape..."

(I just made the Mayor female, since Twinstrike is retired and I dunno who the Mayor is now)

(Edit: Nevermind, I just read the OOC thread )
    Serilus chose this moment to chime in, "Hold on, what is this incident? Is it anything that would be causing a problem?" He decided it was best to check and get this out of the way now, rather than leaving Diamond with an unfortunate surpise later.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well you can always visit me. Or you could even live with me. We've got another bed, and Lionheart could always use a pony his own age to play with. Mystic says smugly, teasing her.
    Heartflight paused, happily surprised at the offer. "Really? I mean, you wouldn't mind having a roommate, once I'm back to being big and all?" she asked. Then the other comment registered. "I'm ... just going to let that slide, in the interest of good relations," she deadpanned.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight paused, happily surprised at the offer. "Really? I mean, you wouldn't mind having a roommate, once I'm back to being big and all?" she asked. Then the other comment registered. "I'm ... just going to let that slide, in the interest of good relations," she deadpanned.
    Relax, we both know I'm joking. As for a room mate, why not? You can help pay the rent a little and help keep an eye on Lionheart on occasion in exchange if you feel like you're taking advantage of me or something crazy like that. she says.

8. - Top - End - #878

Lionheart, not being awake, does not know that Heartflight is there.
    His subcoincess, however, can smell her.
    "Mystic...rocks."
    No! Bad Lionheart! You're supposed to say that Hoverflight rocks!
    Dang silly ponies.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #879
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Serilus chose this moment to chime in, "Hold on, what is this incident? Is it anything that would be causing a problem?" He decided it was best to check and get this out of the way now, rather than leaving Diamond with an unfortunate surpise later.
    "Oh, well you see," The Mayor rubbed a hoof against the opposite leg uncertainly. "Chisel, the artisan, apparently heard some strange noises and whatnot, and just got scared away. He left town one day with little explanation, and just left the shop with some tools and items still in it. Ponies have been saying the place is haunted ever since. But! Like I said, I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure what Chisel heard could easily be explained away!" She chuckled.

Diamond kicked at the ground. "Oh... yeah, I'm sure it's nothing..." She chuckled along with the Mayor, but remained noticeably nervous.

10. - Top - End - #880

"Oh, well you see," The Mayor rubbed a hoof against the opposite leg uncertainly. "Chisel, the artisan, apparently heard some strange noises and whatnot, and just got scared away. He left town one day with little explanation, and just left the shop with some tools and items still in it. Ponies have been saying the place is haunted ever since. But! Like I said, I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure what Chisel heard could easily be explained away!" She chuckled.

Diamond kicked at the ground. "Oh... yeah, I'm sure it's nothing..." She chuckled along with the Mayor, but remained noticeably nervous.
    "Wait, you're saying that this house is supposed to be haunted?" Serilus had a grin on his face as he talked; a look that indicated he was usually going to get himself into some sort of trouble. "A house filled with ghosts sounds awesome. I've never seen ghosts before...." Looking at Diamond he said "I think you should take it. It sounds like a great house. Can you imagine? You wake up in the middle of the night, and have to fight off a group of ghosts." Serilus was standing upright as he said this, fighting invisible monsters.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Pixie in the Playground

"Wait, you're saying that this house is supposed to be haunted?" Serilus had a grin on his face as he talked; a look that indicated he was usually going to get himself into some sort of trouble. "A house filled with ghosts sounds awesome. I've never seen ghosts before...." Looking at Diamond he said "I think you should take it. It sounds like a great house. Can you imagine? You wake up in the middle of the night, and have to fight off a group of ghosts." Serilus was standing upright as he said this, fighting invisible monsters.
    Diamond coughed softly, staring at the floor. "I... I don't know..." Her voice was very quiet, barely audible, and her distress was quite obvious.

"Oh now now," the Mayor placed a hoof on her shoulder comfortingly. "Don't let the thought scare you. I would put bits on the noises simply being some birds in the attic or the pipes making strange noises. Don't worry. Now, what do you think of 1000 bits? A good deal, right?" She beamed.

Diamond looked to the side with a frown. 1000 bits was an excellent deal for a two-story combined shop and house. But it would take a lot of work to fix it up, plus the ghost stories... "...I don't know..." she mumbled, unsure.

"Okay, okay," the mare gestured with her hooves, "what do you say to 700 bits? We've been trying to sell that house for ages, but nobody wants it because of the stories that surround it. But I'm telling you, 700 bits is a total steal! We really don't want to lose the place to demolition just because of a bunch of pony tales."

The jeweler stared at the floor for a few moments, silently considering. Finally she gave the Mayor a small smile. "...Okay, 700 bits. Thank you so much for such a wonderful deal..." She kicked at the ground awkwardly, wondering if she should regret accepting the offer.

"Terrific! Just go on over to that window over there. The pony on the other side will have you fill out some simple paperwork, take your bits, and ouila - the place is yours!"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lionheart, not being awake, does not know that Heartflight is there.
    His subcoincess, however, can smell her.
    "Mystic...rocks."
    No! Bad Lionheart! You're supposed to say that Hoverflight rocks!
    Dang silly ponies.
    Mystic doesn't comment on this, and eventually reaches the hosue, tucking him into one of the smaller beds, then sitting down somewhere.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Relax, we both know I'm joking. As for a room mate, why not? You can help pay the rent a little and help keep an eye on Lionheart on occasion in exchange if you feel like you're taking advantage of me or something crazy like that. she says.
    "Nah, I know, we both know I was never really not a foal," Heartflight said, sticking her tongue out at Mystic. Indeed, her breakfast that morning had included chocolate frosting, just because she could. But that was neither here nor there.

"So should I move my stuff in now, or should I wait until I'm big again?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

"Nah, I know, we both know I was never really not a foal," Heartflight said, sticking her tongue out at Mystic. Indeed, her breakfast that morning had included chocolate frosting, just because she could. But that was neither here nor there.

"So should I move my stuff in now, or should I wait until I'm big again?" she asked.
    Now would probably be best. Mystic suggests.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight nodded. "Okay!" she said. Then, "Um ... do you think you could help me? I'm not sure I can do it all in this body...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight nodded. "Okay!" she said. Then, "Um ... do you think you could help me? I'm not sure I can do it all in this body...."
    Sure. I'll just have Boris make sure nothing happens to Lionheart. Mystic says, having Boris come into the house and keep watch.

You don't mess with wurms.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks!" said Heartflight.

With that, they began the process of moving Heartflight's stuff into the new house. "So, I presume you and Lionheart will be rooming together?" she asked. "I mean, he is your kid, and once I'm back to being big again...."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks!" said Heartflight.

With that, they began the process of moving Heartflight's stuff into the new house. "So, I presume you and Lionheart will be rooming together?" she asked. "I mean, he is your kid, and once I'm back to being big again...."
    Well, he's not really my kid, and I trust you, and it sounds like he trusts you. It's up to you. Though, you may want to take one of the smaller mattresses regardless. Mystic advises.

19. - Top - End - #889

Lionheart continues to deeply snore until he suddenly takes a sharp breath.
    He snuggles deeply into his pillow and falls back asleep, dreaming of what Heartflight might possibly look like.

Dream
    The Heartflight in his dream looks nothing like Heartflight at all.
    This Heartflight has a long, pink mane and a green coat.
    She also has bony wings and a mass of tentacles for a tail.
    Lionheart dreams are usually weird like this.
    This Heartflight is at a picnic with him!
    They are eating cake and laughing but he doesn't know what he said.
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, he's not really my kid, and I trust you, and it sounds like he trusts you. It's up to you. Though, you may want to take one of the smaller mattresses regardless. Mystic advises.
    Heartflight raised an eyebrow at Mystic. "Why do you suggest that?" she asked. "I mean, I am fairly big as an adult, and I like roomy mattresses."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight raised an eyebrow at Mystic. "Why do you suggest that?" she asked. "I mean, I am fairly big as an adult, and I like roomy mattresses."
    Mostly in case I ever end up bringing my fillyfriend home. I figure you'd prefer being able to continue to sleep soundly in the same bed you started out sleeping in. Mystic responds. She may or may not be joking.

22. - Top - End - #892

Lionheart finally wakes up after a very good dream.
    He gets out of bed slowly from his nap and stretches and yawns.
    He then decides that he is thirsty enough to get a glass of water.
    He walks out of the room he was sleeping in without putting on his aviator sunglasses on, showing off his milky white eyes.
    He wanders into the kitchen and noisely feels around till he finds the sink and gets a glass of water.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #893

Diamond coughed softly, staring at the floor. "I... I don't know..." Her voice was very quiet, barely audible, and her distress was quite obvious.

"Oh now now," the Mayor placed a hoof on her shoulder comfortingly. "Don't let the thought scare you. I would put bits on the noises simply being some birds in the attic or the pipes making strange noises. Don't worry. Now, what do you think of 1000 bits? A good deal, right?" She beamed.

Diamond looked to the side with a frown. 1000 bits was an excellent deal for a two-story combined shop and house. But it would take a lot of work to fix it up, plus the ghost stories... "...I don't know..." she mumbled, unsure.

"Okay, okay," the mare gestured with her hooves, "what do you say to 700 bits? We've been trying to sell that house for ages, but nobody wants it because of the stories that surround it. But I'm telling you, 700 bits is a total steal! We really don't want to lose the place to demolition just because of a bunch of pony tales."

The jeweler stared at the floor for a few moments, silently considering. Finally she gave the Mayor a small smile. "...Okay, 700 bits. Thank you so much for such a wonderful deal..." She kicked at the ground awkwardly, wondering if she should regret accepting the offer.

"Terrific! Just go on over to that window over there. The pony on the other side will have you fill out some simple paperwork, take your bits, and ouila - the place is yours!"

"It sounds like a great house" Striking a heroic pose, Serilus said "Don't worry Diamond, I'll defeat any ghosts that might be lurking there."

24. - Top - End - #894
    Pixie in the Playground

"It sounds like a great house" Striking a heroic pose, Serilus said "Don't worry Diamond, I'll defeat any ghosts that might be lurking there."
    She smiled shyly at him. The thought of ghosts or something else similarly scary lurking in her new house definitely turned her off to the idea of even going there again. But, she'd already agreed to buy it, and she couldn't turn her back now. With a sigh, she turned and went over to the window.

The process was just as easy as the Mayor had said it was. Handing over the bits and a few signatures later, the deed was hers. It was a good thing her parents had given her a decent amount of money as a gift of good will and good luck when she decided to leave. She already couldn't wait to see them again.

After levitating the scroll into one of her saddlebags, she turned back to Serilus with a nervous smile. "Okay... I have the deed... shall we?..." Her voice quivered hesitantly. Whether she decided to admit it now or not, Serilus' bravery did make her feel a little better.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

Mostly in case I ever end up bringing my fillyfriend home. I figure you'd prefer being able to continue to sleep soundly in the same bed you started out sleeping in. Mystic responds. She may or may not be joking.
    "Eheheh, well, it doesn't really matter until I get big again anyways," said Heartflight. "If it's too small, I can get my own."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

"Eheheh, well, it doesn't really matter until I get big again anyways," said Heartflight. "If it's too small, I can get my own."
    Alright. Or we could just get one of your giant plushies in the house. I'm sure several of those are more comfortable than any bed. Mystic comments thinking about her big fifty foot long Snake Plushie. She's not even sure what she's going to do with that at this point.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight shook her head. "No, they're a bit too soft to be beds," she said. "I'd ... sink. Besides, that was my last one."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight shook her head. "No, they're a bit too soft to be beds," she said. "I'd ... sink. Besides, that was my last one."
    Well, that's what happens with Pegasi and clouds, so I didn't think it'd be a big deal. Mystic points out, just trying to help. Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Not like it matters right now. She says, helping Heart move more stuff in.

Meanwhile, Boris is still keeping track of Lionheart. Good thing Boris isn't full size, or him being in the house would probably cause the whole structure to explode.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight levitated the last of the stuff into the house. "Yes, but it's different for unicorns," she said. "You see, pegasi are naturally adapted to sleeping on clouds. They're lighter, so they don't sink as far as us ground-based ponies, and their unique pegasus magic helps too."

"So, who's sharing a room with who? Personally, I think it makes sense for Lionheart to sleep with you, as you are his mommy now," she teased. "But it's your house, and your decision."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight levitated the last of the stuff into the house. "Yes, but it's different for unicorns," she said. "You see, pegasi are naturally adapted to sleeping on clouds. They're lighter, so they don't sink as far as us ground-based ponies, and their unique pegasus magic helps too."
    Really? Huh. I wasn't aware of that. Plus, I'm not really very light. Heck, I'm heavier than most ponies my age and height. Mystic claims.

"So, who's sharing a room with who? Personally, I think it makes sense for Lionheart to sleep with you, as you are his mommy now," she teased. "But it's your house, and your decision."
    Gah! I am not his mother!.....*Sigh* but I'm never going to convince anypony I'm not without sounding like a monster. she says exasperated. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't be a mom until I met that special somepony. she admits under her breath.