New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIV: Now About 200% Longer Than Firefly

Also this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Put inside spoiler tags for langue and implied violence and sexual themes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spike is Duke Nukem.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Have some pony:

Discord:
    Spoiler
    Show

This is now canon.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

This is now canon.
    I love how Discord's first action after stealing Scratch's glasses is to put them on himself. That's so him.

Also, I love Scratch.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    How To Care For A Newborn Foal

Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    “TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!!”

Twilight groaned, and covered her head with her pillow. Trixie had only gotten up a couple of minutes ago, damn it! It was her turn anyways! One thing that the books had never warned her about was how often a parent would need to get up to tend to a newborn foal. Perhaps they didn’t mention it because the authors were afraid that nopony would ever become a parent knowing that. Sleep was becoming a luxury, and other, more enjoyable, nocturnal activites were rapidly becoming the dream of a previous life.

If she didn’t know better, she would have believed that Luna had done something to their daughter to ensure that Midnight would be a night pony. Perhaps they shouldn’t have named her after a time of night, too...

That brought them to tonight. Midnight had been especially fussy, and both of them had been forced to be up with her multiple times already. Finally, finally, it seemed like she had settled down for a couple of hours, only for the peace of the house to be broken by weak crying. But it was Trixie’s turn this time, and she wasn’t going to get up! She was probably only messing up the diaper again anyways. Twilight couldn’t figure out how somepony who was so good with knots, was so terrible with tying up a diaper.

Of course, Twilight had to admit she was jealous on how easily Trixie was able to get Midnight to eat. She supposed that she had an edge in that department anyways.

No, she would just roll over, and pretend to be asl-

“TWILIGHT, SHE’S SICK!”

It was amazing how quickly she could move. She was halfway to the nursery before she knew it. She threw open the door, any trace of sleepiness gone. She nearly tripped over Spike, who, of course, was still asleep. It was truly amazing how deep that dragon could sleep.

For a moment, she thought it was Trixie who was sick. Trixie was paler than Twilight had ever seen her, save for the day of the reunion. The only thing breaking up that pallid look were her red-rimmed eyes. She looked frantically at Twilight, clutching the tiny bundle tightly against her protectively.

“S-she’s b-burning up...” Trixie choaked. Twilight swallowed down her own rising panic, and gently pushed in to check on her daughter. The fact that she wasn’t crying worried her...

She was shivering gently, and Midnight’s normally bright and vivid eyes were dulled with pain. Trembling, Twilight checked beneath her pelt, seeing that her skin was bright red, and her tiny horn was glowing, the occasional spark shooting forth from it. Midnight was letting out small little whimpers, her breathing was shallow, but stubborn. Twilight pressed a hoof gently against her forehead, and nearly recoiled. Trixie was right, Midnight was burning up, and it was a higher fever than she had been anticipating.

Those eyes looked up at her, already believing, knowing with all of her tiny heart, that her parents would be able to help her. To make the pain go away.

“W-What’s wrong with her? What do we do?” Trixie immediatly deferred to Twilight. This was not the time for pride, earned or not. Of the two of them, Twilight was most likely to know what to do, know how to help their weeks-old child...

“I...I...” Where was all the knowledge that she had prided herself in? Trixie and her daughter, they needed her, they were looking up at her, secure in the fact that she would think of something. Twilight Sparkle, most knowledagble pony in all of Equestria.

Nothing was coming to mind.

“I...don’t know...”

She never felt so helpless.

Excerpt 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It wasn't what Trixie wanted to hear.

"You don't know? You're telling me Princess Celestia's favorite student can beat an Ursa Minor, but she doesn't know what's wrong with her daughter?!" Trixie's voice raised, as she clutched Midnight tightly. She stared at Twilight accusingly, who flinched.

"I-I don't recognize the symptoms, Trixie! I mean, it's not that, I don't recognize this combination of symptoms! She's feverish, but not sweating! She's in pain, but I don't see where! I don't know why she's breathing so shallowly, there's nothing wrong with her chest, and I don't even know why her horn is glowing! A unicorn's horn shouldn't be glowing at all yet!" Twilight babbled out a defense, her own voice belying her panic. Why was she bringing up old wounds that hadn't been touched now of all times? It had been months since...

"You think you're Great and Powerful, but you can't do anything to help her!" Trixie yelled.

That was why.

Twilight rose up, and embraced Trixie. At the touch of her wife, Trixie immediately broke down, sobbing against Twilight's chest. She kept a tight hold of Midnight, as if sheer contact could heal the pain their daughter was suffering.

"We have to help her...I can't lose her already..." Trixie whispered, and Twilight nuzzled at her comfortingly.

They were going to need help. But who? Ponyville didn't have a hospital, they had a clinic, and she doubted Nurse Redheart would be able to help much, she was an expert in Earth Pony health. Zecora was out, it was too dangerous to go through the Everfree Forest during the night, especially with a sick filly in tow. Was there nopony else in Ponyville that could help them at this time of night?

Wait...how could she be so foalish? The answer had always been there.

"The Princesses!" Quill and scroll were already in the air. "Celestia will be asleep, but Luna..."

"Luna?" Trixie said uncertainly, when Twilight trailed off. Twilight had been reminded of a certain event that had happened only weeks ago.

It was still odd to them, Luna's heartfelt, almost desperate, request to be Midnight's parent, her 'third mother'. But then, they had accepted, hadn't they? That made her that third parent. That made this not just a matter of getting a Princesses help. She deserved to know that her daughter was sick, too.

Luna,
    Midnight's sick, come quickly!
    -Twilight

Not her most eloquent letter, but perhaps her most to-the-point.

"SPIKE!" The small dragon began to stir his his basket. He wearily lifted a head, sleepy eyes blinking.

"Twilight? Why are you-MMPHH!" His eyes widened, as the scroll was stuffed into his mouth. Reflexively, that green flame licked out of his mouth, burning the scroll into magical ashes, which floated out the window, to it's destination. Spike glared at Twilight. "What was that for? Couldn't you have asked like a normal pony?"

"Spike, Midnight's sick, we need Luna as quickly as possible." Twilight quickly explained, and Spike craned his neck, looking at the tiny bundle in Trixie's hooves.

"Oh, geez, the kid's sick? What's wrong with her?" Twilight bit her lip at Spike's question.

"That's what we're trying to figure out." She replied, turning back to her daughter.

Just in time to see Midnight's horn to catch on fire.

Trixie yelped, as green flames licked out from Midnight's forehead, the frightened newborn letting out a tiny little cry. Immediately the showmare's own horn flared, her magic creating a tiny raincloud, which rained down on mother and daughter. It did nothing to staunch the magical green flames.

Twilight rushed forwards, intent to do something, anything to help. Just inches away from them, her hoof outstretched, her magic at the ready, the fire flared brilliantly and consumed their daughter in an instant.

The magical ashes drifted out the window.

Excerpt 3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luna was aware of the irony of her situation.

It had been evident from the moment Luna arrived at Canterlot that her sister had been planning her return from the moon in way than one. The main time that petitioners came to request the court was now in the evening, when both Celestia and Luna were awake. Even in this late hour, Luna was not alone. She had a horde of servants, cooks, guards, and handmaidens ready to attend to her every need. She had even slowly begun to notice that ponies were staying up later than she recalled a thousand years ago, and that they used the night for play and revelry.

That wasn't even getting into the hundred, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.

In other words, Luna and the night had the love, companionship, and respect that she had so jealously craved as Nightmare Moon. How funny it seemed that she didn't want any of that now. How much of a burden it was now.

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony, and looked out on Equestria. Her gaze focused in the same direction that it had last night, the night before it, and for the past few weeks. She looked far past Canterlot, to the small country town in the distance. Such an insignificant little town in all respects.

Save her heart was there.

She entertained a brief fantasy. Descending down on that small town, and spiriting away those three in the night. She would bring them back to the castle, to Canterlot, and make a home there. Twilight would resume her studies in Canterlot, and Trixie would have an even grander audience to perform to. Together, the three would raise their child, the filly that had stolen her heart from her. They would live and laugh together, as a family...

But no. She could not do that.

Ponyville was home to Twilight and Trixie, and they had fought hard to make it their home. She could not take them away from the place they loved most in the world, away from the friends and life they had forged and tempered so painstakingly. It was more than that, though. Her daughter deserved a chance to have a normal life. That she was the only child thus far from the Princesses would ensure that would never happen, could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot, and be surrounded by it's chaos. She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna. No, it would be better for her this way. Better for the three of them.

Even if it felt like Luna's heart was torn from it's chest.

Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situation.

"Princess? We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room." Her thoughts were pierced by the words of one of her handmaidens, and she nodded.

"Very well, I will be there in a moment." Luna politely waved her away, and the handmaid bowed, before trotting back into the castle. Luna was about to follow, when her keen eyes spotted something. The magical green ashes of a letter inbound.

That was unusual. Even with Trixie's letters to her, she usually woke up to them. Why would they be writing to her-or Celestia, she supposed-at this time of night? She swiftly unrolled the scroll once it manifested.

Luna,
    Midnight's sick, come quickly!
    -Twilight

Luna felt her throat constrict. Her duty and position meant nothing at that moment. Already she was weaving a spell she hadn't used since she was the Nightmare. Her body dissolved into stars and mist, and she swept away from the palace, shooting towards the important little town at speeds that could rival the fastest pegasus pony.

Closer to the town, her senses picked up something of interest. Apparently they had sent another letter, as a second patch of green mist and ash escaped from the library. Yet, this one was not headed for the castle. In fact, Luna could not figure out for the life of her why they had sent a letter in that direction.

After all, it was towards the Everfree Forest.
    Poor, poor Luna. If the implication of her feelings was sad enough then actually seeing them articulated with such great eloquence is almost more than I can bear. Still though, I'm intrigued that Midnight's magical essence is gravitating towards the Everfree Forest. Given what we know about the adventure story, it seems like a very powerful destiny has been leading her towards that dark place from the beginning of her life.
    I come and go where the wind blows me.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post

Thiiiiiis is your invitation
    to a private dinner date.
    The restaurant's exclusive,
    so please please don't be late.
    It will be so very special,
    just Pinkie and Fluttershy.
    So make me the most happiest
    and say 'Yes' when you reply!
    *Squeee!*

If anypony asks, you saw and heard nothing. Some of us have reputations to maintain.
    That is pretty nice. Although now I'd totally have to write my own song
    Silly Deadly pony! If you like it, feel free to use it (credit would be nice if you do).

And anyone who cares already knows I'm a brony.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alright, was hoping to catch up on the thread before bed, but that doesn't look like it will be happening. I got too caught up in some of the posted stories.

@Lix:
    I read it, but wasn't able to get into your writing style. I'll try again at some point after I've had a good nights sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Commentary upon the state of my life:

The simple joys of adulthood include buying a $2 loaf of French bread, consider it dinner, not have it questioned, and be content.

I do enjoy bread.
    Plus there's a bakery in walking distance.
    Agreed on all marks, except having a bakery in walking distance.

How To Care For A Newborn Foal

Excerpt 3:
    Read through this, have a few things. Note: some of this might be the fact that, with the exception of an hour and a half nap, I've been up for...26 hours now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler
    Show

It had been evident from the moment Luna arrived at Canterlot that her sister had been planning her return from the moon in way than one.
    Um, what?

The main time that petitioners came to request the court was now in the evening
    I know what you are saying, but it just reads to me that they are requesting the court, but not why or what they are doing there. You might want to slip in a word or two there, like "petitioners came to the court to request judgment on their grievances." or something like that.

That wasn't even getting into the hundred, if not thousands of works of art, story, and song that had been made about the grace and beauty of the night.
    Hundreds?

Finally having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony, and looked out on Equestria.
    The comma between “balcony” and “and” feels unnecessary. It separates the sentence into three separate thoughts.

Finally having a moment to herself

She strode on to her balcony

And looked out on Equestria

Finally, having a moment to herself, she strode on to her balcony and looked out on Equestria.

The last two thoughts go together, and thus do not really need that comma there. Only the first thought is really separate from the rest.

could never happen if she were to grow up in the court of Canterlot, and be surrounded by it's chaos.
    The comma between “Canterlot” and “and” is unnecessary. It just works to separate thoughts that are together.

To see it done right, the very next sentence has an example:

She would be seen as a pawn to be used by nobles jockeying for position and favor, and that thought terrified Luna.
    The first two go together, and aren’t part of a grocery list, while the second party is a completely different thought connected onto it.

"Princess? We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room." Her thoughts were pierced by the words of one of her handmaidens, and she nodded.
    This one reads weird to me. Just by interjecting with the dialogue, the stream is interrupted already, which brings that sense to the reader. Also, saying that Luna’s thoughts were interrupted after already showing us is a bit redundant. I’m trying to think of a way to make it work a bit better….

Oh yes, Luna was well aware of the irony of her situati-

”Princess?” interrupted one of her handmaidens. “We have lunch prepared for you in the dining room.”

Her thoughts now jumbled by the words of the servant, she nodded and said, “Very well, I will be there in a moment.”
    That is my take on it at least. Hope it helps.

Opinions:
    Spoiler
    Show

As per norm, I am enjoying the story aspects quite a bit. Take or leave this advice as you like, and double check to make sure I'm not the one screwing up here. I'm liking where this story is going, and cannot wait to see it end.

And to close this post, as a note to myself for when I start playing catchup in the morning: I left off at Esper's post that had "excerpt 3" on it.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    That's actually what the RP is for. I believe it started... Well, no ok it started because without any episodes, Thanqol and DarthBobcat decided to steal EsperDerek's secret cupcake recipe, and harvest love from his organs to make them with (because what cupcakes are made without love?)

But the pony ones! They are just 'answer a post in character, somepony else answers you in character'. It's a nice exercise for developing the character, and fun too.
    I'm just not sure I want to RP a pony who is pretty much just a ponyfied, gender bent version of me. I mean, I'm sure I could come up with much more interesting characters than that

I wish I had your insight XD

And please, start throwing out more bits and pieces!
    More like hindsight Which is just as easy as making mistakes

I'll try to post more pieces, though right now I'm having a bit of trouble writing Maybe I need to focus my mind on other things for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Silly Deadly pony! If you like it, feel free to use it (credit would be nice if you do).

And anyone who cares already knows I'm a brony.
    Thanks. If I were to use the idea, I'd just like the fun of trying to come up with a song myself. Even though I'm pretty sure I suck at songs

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

I am more comfortable saying pony than body. I continue to say stuff like "someone" and "everybody" as a courtesy to my friends who get irate.
    Honestly though, it feels right. Liberating.
    You should give it a shot. You and Amish Pirate
    I wouldn't count on it, I'm not gonna be using that yet. I mean... I won't be using that ever. Yes I will.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Commentary upon the state of my life:

The simple joys of adulthood include buying a $2 loaf of French bread, consider it dinner, not have it questioned, and be content.

I do enjoy bread.
    Plus there's a bakery in walking distance.
    I still have a few months of childhood (or, teenagehood rather) and I intend to milk it as much as possible.
    I don't want to be 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Ah! My Fluttershy!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Sneaky pony...I've got my eyes on you!
    I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I was young... and foolish!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2011-09-24 at 06:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I think the problem is that this thread is basically four or five subthreads that are linked together by the common theme of MLP. You've got the "New episode discussion/future speculation" thread, the "post cool pony related art and links" thread, the "fanfic" thread (which I only tease apart from that second thread because it tends to lead to more serious discussion and critique, which I mean in a totally positive and awesome way) and the "general RP craziness" thread. We all have varying preferences about which parts of the thread we really like. Although I hate to miss links to cool stuff I generally will only read the last page or two if there's been an explosion of activity since I last checked.
    That is true. I think I skip almost 3/4 of the thread because I'm not invested in some themes. That is sad since I miss a lot of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Seriously, I write basically for free on the internet all the time already. If someone's going to distribute it more widely while being also a legitimate corporation imagine how much easier it's going to be to get a real job in the writing profession. I couldn't buy that kind of upgrade to my resume.
    I was just kidding. It just reminded my of an internship were I worked for (nearly) free, and thought this would be great for my resume and guarantee me a job. Then came a long, hard year of job search. And the realization that a lot of people with less work experience got jobs while I didn't. There is still a little bit of bitterness left from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OMG
    this explains sooooooo much about Pinkie Pie

http://rannva.deviantart.com/art/Granny-Pie-259815313

gaaaah, hurry up and be over already Strawberry Shortcake!!
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 07:47 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Hah Pinklestia commercial.

On another note I stumbled across a pony vid that needs more love: Space Unicorn

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

PONY TIME!!
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 08:00 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    PONY TIME!!
    Quite!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-09-24 at 08:02 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I like the characters and a lot of the imagery. It's a bit disjoint, but given how much of my own stuff starts as dreams I'm kinda used to that.
    Yeah, it is quite disjointed. This is meant to be more a scenery-porn-character-setting introduction. When I've worked out what's actually going to HAPPEN, then I'll actually have character interaction... >//>

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Silly idea I've had and will probably start working on: Essay on how to write in the voice of the mane six. For extra points, each character in question will be doing the talking. (Ostensibly on how to do a proper impression of themselves)

Good idea? Bad Idea? Stupid idea?
    Good idea!

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's a nice start! It's very media res, as we don't get the reason why the family is all together like this, where they come from and whatnot, but there's enough there to peak interest. The narrator is a little irrelevant, but I think that's probably for the tone of the story. I think there might be a little bit too much set-up, and not enough interaction between the family members at the moment, but it is only a start, there's no doubt more to come. As Topaz said, it's a little disjointed right now, but the imagery is very good, and I like the lighthearted tone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you! I think I don't really want to do the 'how they got together', mainly because I don't want to write /another/ OC shipfic. This is more going to be about the foals, I think.
    Having a self-important, but essentially powerless first person omniscient narrator is pretty much my signature thing.
    And there's loads of set up because I hadn't/haven't worked out a plot yet.

Also, the next excerpt is sitting open and done right now, but I don't want to override Lixie and her bit with another one to distract other ponies.
    Aww. <3 (hugs)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I personally think that the commas mess up the flow a bit. The last comma especially, as it disconnects the rain from the thunder as two things that they're wheeling and laughing in. Maybe:

"A family of pegasi flew through the sky; shredding the clouds to nothing in their wake, they wheeled and laughed in the torrential rain and the thunder that rumbled around them."

"Her flight tricks have never failed before..."
    Think you might be right.

Everything else was fantastic. I thought that the tense shifts made perfect sense in that narration style and that the writing in general was very solid. Are you going to expand on this?
    Thank you!
    Yes, assuming I can think of a plot.

... Or not. Hm.
    Maybe I could try for distant cousin... Or work that great-great-great uncle angle...
    I mentioned that Starry Storms was named after her auntie Starry Notions, right?

Oh goodness, how to explain? Surprised it needs explaining XD

I'm assuming it would be thus;
    |,||,
    Where the ring finger is tucked in and the other three extended, aye captain?
    Still don't get it. DXD

Could somepony explain this? *confused*
    There is a character in Homestuck. She has All of the Luck, because she can steal luck from people. Her weapons are called the Flouride Octet-eight eight sided dice. The higher she rolls, the better.
    Here is a link. You should NOT follow it. Instead of following it, you should follow THIS link and read the entirety of homestuck-although it starts slow, it is the best, awesomest, heartrendingest, confusingest, BESTEST comic. No exceptions.

But if you have no intention on reading any time soon, or will risk a spoiler, follow the first link, read it, and read the next ten or so pages, and see Vriska with All of the Luck, rolling 8^Y where Y=8.

Oddly interesting. Fits the thread canon, if not the story canon (though I think it fits the story canon well).
    This means Midnight has her own fanon! Huzzah!
    Yo dawg we heard you liked fanon in your ponies so we put fanon in your fanon so you could write fanon about fanon?

Ooh! Ooh! Me! squee~

More squee~
    (giggles)

Because according to the Old Ways, saying such things as ALL MY LOVE within three days of a Unicorn's conception is taken literally by the fates.

I thought you were one of my papas?

I like to think so too, just not very loudly around momma Song. She likes to shake things up on me.
    Hey, if it's alright with Mids and Inks, it's alright with me. ;P

... Most squee~!

I like the writing style. Your punctuation choices are different than I'm used to but that is probably entirely stylistic. All I know for sure about punctuation is "for the love of all, USE SOME!".
    Fun read, fun reference. I shall have to dive back to thread 7 or 8 and get out the reference pictures you made :3
    Unless you care to try to newer, more in-depth pony generator? ;3
    Awww, thanks!
    Oh, the pic I use as a reference for Faithful Song? I use this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now... I can't remember... what tremendously talented artist was it who did that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    That's not that hard.

*Points to Aorts*

Don't want it! That's how you get Lix's undying attention!
    Or ask nicely.

That is awesome! Congratulations on going off to University! It's an incredible experience, and one I can guarantee you'll love. What major, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm studying English and Creative Writing.

Gotta catch em all!
    (snrk)

Aye. My protege and I seem to enjoy it. Hel, reading the thread, catching up on the lives and doings of my friends, experiencing their personalities... Pony thread gets stressful if you fret about playing catch up, but otherwise its R&R.
    I do hope that my megaposts are starting to get a LITTLE recognition, as small as they are in comparison to yours. xD

I was going to point out the difference between gender and sex, but then I realized that we aren't actually, physically being genderbent, and would look like a mule.
    Too bad though.
    I think I have explicitly stated before that it's 'Reverse Gender' because if I cast any spell with 'sex' in the name, I'll start giggling.

I'd hug you, but I'm still kinda bruised. So you'll have to settle for a hearty backslapping and being Chummily chummy.
    Hahar!
    (offers a Cure Serious Wounds)

Of course he does! Excessive civility at the strangest times is an old Irish custom. Like fighting at weddings and funerals, or buying the victor of a fight a drink even though you're too concussed to really count the change proper.
    That makes me giggle. xD
    I just like the idea of kidnapping all wrong cause it's funny and sweet.
    Also people would get annoyed with me being a literal goddess if I weren't playing her/me as a complete naive ditz half the time.

Hm. I'll try... *adds to queue*
    I would have done it myself if the pinkielauncher was a file with flat colors that was easily modified... :(

... *adds to queue*

Awww~
    Awww~
    *adds to queue*
    This is a long queue isn't it. xD

I'm caught between "oh ewwwww" and "but Lix doesn't bend her own gender ".
    ^=fact.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    This is awesome news! I'm excited for you, college was probably my favorite time ever, and I seriously hope your time there is super terrific!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    @Lix:
    I read it, but wasn't able to get into your writing style. I'll try again at some point after I've had a good nights sleep.

Is that something wrong with my writing style or just you don't like it or jus you were too tired for sarcastic omniscient narrator-fail?[/unprovokedparanoia]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    i am so digging Fluttermean

and now we know THEY can see the greying out
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 08:12 AM.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm surprised, yet mightily relieved, Twilight managed to restrain herself from doing something magial that she'd regret when they were playing keep away.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

So how much fresh fanon have we trampled already?

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Can't tell. But some of the predictions I had have come to pass ... then again some haven't.

Ep2 In progress
    Spoiler
    Show
    But Grey Twilight was a heartbreaker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glad it didn't last to the end of the next add break.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-09-24 at 08:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    that was a new one that flittered across screen while twi went grey....so fast i couldnt see well...but........was it midnight? the color looked about right...gotta watch the encore NM

I thought we agreed to never speak of that again

ummm, excuse me, do you mind if i hold you down against your will?

omygoshomygoshomygosh...sooooo awesome
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-09-24 at 08:47 AM.

full size avatar

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quite!

Spoiler
    Show
    This made me lawl and d'aw all at once. Spiffiy!

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Barbarian in the Playground

S2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I the only one that got some Star Wars vibes from that last scene?
    Some of the scenes were corny, but then I remembered we (on average) are probably at least twice the age of the target audience.
    My favorite part was the buffalo doing ballet.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2011-09-24 at 08:33 AM.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

So let's see
    S2Ep2
    Spoiler
    Show

RarityxRock is now officially canon. Missed the breakup because of a stupid ad popping up, but I'll catch up with that when it hits YouTube.

Twilight's book obsession is now officially canon. I lol'd.

Celestia is now officially a god, and has had Twilight writing her those letters for the sole purpose of using them at this point. She knew.

And poor Luna is now more forgotten than ever. She had NMM taken off that window and replaced with Discord. Poor Luna.

Overall pretty good episode. Still felt a little rushed or forced or something at times. Not entirely sure what it is, but some parts just felt a little off. Can't quite put my finger on which ones though, and it's tricky to pinpoint it in an episode where everything's going insane.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Episode Two and Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, did anybody else notice our favorite background ponies during the Star Wars ending? And is anybody else disappointed because there will be no more Discord now?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

This is my first impression so take it with a tiny grain of salt... maybe it'll change a bit after watching it a few times.

S2
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sad to say it but... that was lame!

"Lame" was my exact thought several times during the episode.

It seemed rushed and somehow Twilight single-hoofedly saved all the others... by waving her magic little horn at them. I had really hoped they'd use the fact that Discord had to force the spell on Fluttershy, but they didn't. A perfectly good plot hook, left unused. That's so sad.

And Discord's end... I'm not sure "lame" begins to cover it. "Oh my, you've managed to break the spell I put on you, you have the Elements, I'll just sit here and laugh at you while you beat me." He was even more clueless than Twilight, and at least she has the excuse that she's always been kinda slow to figure out all the obvious things.

And I'm still not happy about Discord's power level, none of my earlier concerns have been resolved. But that's now the absolute least of my concerns regarding this thing.

I'm sad :(

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    S2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I the only one that got some Star Wars vibes from that last scene?
    Some of the scenes were corny, but then I remembered we (on average) are probably at least twice the age of the target audience.
    My favorite part was the buffalo doing ballet.
    Ep2:
    Spoiler
    Show

More then a vibe. They even include some of the minor details. Camera angles. Spike is R2 and gets the same look from Twi as Luke. And of course the music. Its almost entirely then end of Episode IV.

And felt like they trimmed a three episode event into a two episode one. 44 minutes isn't a lot of time. So yeah just a bit corny.

I think the Buffalo were awesome too. Unless its Twilight charging ponies and force her horn on them.... oh gods

A specific bit on Discord:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Final difference between Q and Discord. Q is not a dirty rotten liar and cheater who makes up ****.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

S2

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything that Rarity said in that episode was golden. EVERYTHING.

"Let us never speak of this again."
    "I thought we agreed never to speak of that again."
    "Fluttershy, be a dear and fly faster!"

Also, Flutterjerk was HYSTERICAL.

"THIS IS MY BOOK AND I'M GOING TO READ IT". I must get this as a soundbite on my phone so that I may play it whenever I want.

As my little sister pointed out, someone, somewhere, is going to draw a picture of Trollestia sending letter after letter with an evil grin on her face. Saving Equestria and causing Twilight's assistant stomach problems at the same time? Priceless.

And Rainbow's face when the ballet-dancing buffalo danced by. Even more priceless.

Oh, and Discord's behavior right at the start of the episode. Exactly what I hoped he would say. "Hello, I'm DISCORD."

Overall? I quite enjoyed the episode, even more than I was expecting, and WHY MUST THERE BE A GAP

I WANT MORE PONY

POOOOOOOOOOONY
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-09-24 at 08:45 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Quite!

Spoiler
    Show
    But how did she get the tape on?

This is my first impression so take it with a tiny grain of salt... maybe it'll change a bit after watching it a few times.

S2
    Spoiler
    Show

It seemed rushed and somehow Twilight single-hoofedly saved all the others... by waving her magic little horn at them. I had really hoped they'd use the fact that Discord had to force the spell on Fluttershy, but they didn't. A perfectly good plot hook, left unused. That's so sad.

And Discord's end... I'm not sure "lame" begins to cover it. "Oh my, you've managed to break the spell I put on you, you have the Elements, I'll just sit here and laugh at you while you beat me." He was even more clueless than Twilight, and at least she has the excuse that she's always been kinda slow to figure out all the obvious things.

And I'm still not happy about Discord's power level, none of my earlier concerns have been resolved. But that's now the absolute least of my concerns regarding this thing.

S2Ep2
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I'm going to agree that them overcoming Discord's spell probably could have been done a little better. Twilight getting back the letters from Celestia was a great way to start it, but the others were kind of lacking.

I'm mostly fine with Discord just sitting there and letting them blast him, mostly because his power level really is stupidly high. He's proven they can't use the elements and is confident that they're just wasting his time. My main complaint with it all is that we now know the colour changes were visible, which means Discord had to have completely ignored the fact that the ponies had their colours back and as such might be an actual threat.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Bugbear in the Playground

Currently at bronycon, haven't watched episode 2 yet. Won't be showing until 12. It's going to be so awesome!
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

Season 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well then. It was.... good. Some really good moments. Ending was... blah. Highlights from my notes:

Rarity knows Kung Fu! Awesome!
    Back in Ponyville? So much for the Everfree forest theories.
    Well, looks like Twilight is the butt monkey this episode.
    The princesses must be really mad about the whole 60 second day/night thing.
    And they get even greyer.
    The rock is called Tom XD
    Aha! They can see the grey. It's not just for the audience.
    The elements were in the book? Seriously?
    "Big crown thingy" Oh Twilight XD
    New Rainbow Dash! I love it :D
    And the elements don't work. Surprise.
    "Discord rules, Celestia drools"
    "Make it stop!" Oh, poor Spike. :( And I saw a fanart that was the same thing as this o_o
    Oh Gods, Granny and Big Mac ._.
    Unicorn mind meld!
    "I had the most terrible dream" Don't tell her the truth! Aj, I'm looking at you!
    And then she gets genuinely mad at Discord. Fluttershy is best pony.
    And he's back to stone! Good riddence! Not put that statue somewhere safe this time!
    Ugh, stupid Star Warsy ending. Well, at least we know that they're famous now.

So, I enjoyed it, but it still felt... I dunno... off in places. The ending felt rushed. Discord should have been smart enough to notice that they were no longer under his spell. Instead he just sits there like a melon while the elements do their thing.

Best part: "Congratulations! You're the new Rainbow Dash!"
    Worst part: Discord is actually kind of a lame villain. Oh well.

EDIT: Oh, and no song this episode? What a gyp!

S2
    Spoiler
    Show

Agreed on many points.

EDIT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Except the way they got out of the greyness. Remember, Twilight's spell just forced them to remember their friendship. It wasn't so much magic removing the hypnosis, more allowing them to break free themselves by showing them their trueselves. I guess your milage may vary on that, but I'm okay with it.

Also, Discord is my new hurt target in the MLP heal/hurt game. Who's with me?
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2011-09-24 at 08:53 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.