New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira casually glances up at Zero then down at her book again. Then her eyes suddenly grow wide and she does a double take.

"Zero?"

She picks up the book she was perusing and throws it over her shoulder with some force. She then moves to stand in front the pile of books next to her, attempting to hide them from his sight.

"I was just...ah...I mean...I wasn't trying to figure out what our babies will look like!"

Uh-huh.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zero decides to ignore Valaira's books for now.

I'm just trying to find you and your sisters so that you can go back to normal.

Zero says before turning his head to look around the library.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"Oh. Heh-heh."

Valaira nervously chuckles before she begins to walk over to Zero in order to attempt to give him a hug.

"Sorry about not telling you about my problems sooner, Zero."

Valaira still feels guilty over turning into a beast and killing cultists without first informing Zero of her intentions. Awww!

4. - Top - End - #394

Zero attempts to return Valaira's hug.

It's alright. Let's just work on fixing what happened.

Zero says, doing his best to sound like he isn't so tired that he could fall asleep.

Do you know where your other sisters are?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Hugs!

"One is in the Underworld and another is being controlled by that Marintho guy."

"I love you and your warmth."

Valaira states, beginning to attempt to rock back and forth while also attempting to rest her head on Zero's right shoulder.

6. - Top - End - #396

Hamlet

Fade's attempts to redirect the violet energy bolt fail miserably. In fact, magic is basically useless to stop the anti-magic missile as it hurtles right at the assassin. At the same time, more and more vines grow from the earth to try and immobilize him, while the two villagers with guns continue firing. By now, most of the crowd has retreated, unwilling to face such a powerful magician, but if Fade can see through invisibility spells, he might notice the invisible villager trying to sneak up behind him.

FeyClaw Manor

"Well, by the looks of it.. Danish glances at his wristwatch, an expensive looking gizmo of gold and silver, all the numbers in dwarfish. "- our friend will not be returning from his ill-fated scouting run. Chances are, he'll be tortured until he tells them our plan of assault, which leaves time a rather sparse commodity. So here's what I say. We surround 'em, get them cornered, trapped like rats, and then start taking potshots. Attack from one direction, retreat, attack from another, retreat, wear 'em down. Once they're stretched thin with tryin to defend, a couple of the sneakier bastards among us sneak in, kill all the commanders, polish 'em off."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #397

I love you, too.

Zero will remain quiet for a moment.

What do you mean by Underworld?

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"The Underworld is the name of the land the River Styx feeds into. Dead things go there when they expire."

"She isn't dead, though. She probably thinks she is supervising."

Glasses-Valaira shrugs. She isn't quite sure what Underworld-Valaira is up to.

9. - Top - End - #399

[EtherAin Manor]

The guardsman and soldiers mobilize immediately as soon as the massive crunches can be heard, and by the time Jakob returns to the room the soldiers are already heading for the walls.

"An Advance scout or skirmisher. We're manning the walls immediately, lets see what the main assault is like."

The EtherAin heir, cringes at the sounds of the battle between Jakob and Apprentice Pilot, dipping her hand into the water with a somewhat pained expression. Obviously she doesn't like fighting.

All PC's in EtherAin will have been notified of the battle by servants or guards, and may now begin mobolizing for the battle that is about to come.

[FeyClaw Manor]

The troops were already mobolizing here, even before the battle between AP and Jakob. "We don't have the forces to properly coop them up in the Manor. But multiple skirmish attacks was the idea." Lord FeyClaw replies as they move out to look over the four squads of elite troops they have. All of them appear well trained and most definitely well co-ordinated.

Once the crashes are heard, yes, the tree tennis was audible even this far away, the FeyClaw army, small that it was, began immediate mobilization. And marched out, quickly dispersing into the trees. All the Mercenaries will be spread out amongst the companies of soldiers under the particular commanders.

Danish is sent with the forwards group, led by probably the most muscled elf that he had ever seen. A massive battle-axe was slung easily over his shoulders and spiked Gauntlets were set over his hands.

Jacques, having shown his own knowledge of commanding and tactics, is kept with the central group, led by Lord FeyClaw himself. He is kept near a 'message mage' whose purpose was to relay commands to the other groups.

Harina(? I forget which spelling it is. >.>) is sent ahead with the scouting group, whose main purpose was to assertain the defenses initially and perhaps set up a few distraction assaults. Also to help AP if they could find him, although if he goes quietly with Quinn, he's likely to be inside before they get there.

The other groups are the wingers, there to provide flanking support.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-10-15 at 07:11 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Devan Mountain

Meant is this. so he tries to cast this on hinm which should indeed make him unable to throw his chakram.

The illusion indeed was just anohter distraction and is easily been dispelled.

Fade runs out of his cover tries to hit the energy Bolt firering guy with his new sword.
    The purple guy is held and begins spouting various profanities. The Fellow with the energy launcher fires while backpedaling. If past experience is anything to go by, this will not be very effective.

The girl with the lantern blows fire all over the magic pillory. Once again, it's dispelling fire. And it will not even hurt the guy... what's her trick?

11. - Top - End - #401

Do you want to come with me back down to the ocean to see your other sister? Maybe we can figure out what to do next.

Zero asks.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skirmish]

He has no plans to go quietly. The intent is to grab the little fairy as soon as possible.

Harina, for that is indeed the spelling, goes with the scouting group without problems.

Will arrives... somewhere when notified. Before that, during the tree tennis, he may have run into the EtherAin heir at the fountain.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    [EtherAin Manor]

The guardsman and soldiers mobilize immediately as soon as the massive crunches can be heard, and by the time Jakob returns to the room the soldiers are already heading for the walls.

"An Advance scout or skirmisher. We're manning the walls immediately, lets see what the main assault is like."

The EtherAin heir, cringes at the sounds of the battle between Jakob and Apprentice Pilot, dipping her hand into the water with a somewhat pained expression. Obviously she doesn't like fighting.

All PC's in EtherAin will have been notified of the battle by servants or guards, and may now begin mobolizing for the battle that is about to come.

[FeyClaw Manor]

The troops were already mobolizing here, even before the battle between AP and Jakob. "We don't have the forces to properly coop them up in the Manor. But multiple skirmish attacks was the idea." Lord FeyClaw replies as they move out to look over the four squads of elite troops they have. All of them appear well trained and most definitely well co-ordinated.

Once the crashes are heard, yes, the tree tennis was audible even this far away, the FeyClaw army, small that it was, began immediate mobilization. And marched out, quickly dispersing into the trees. All the Mercenaries will be spread out amongst the companies of soldiers under the particular commanders.

Danish is sent with the forwards group, led by probably the most muscled elf that he had ever seen. A massive battle-axe was slung easily over his shoulders and spiked Gauntlets were set over his hands.

Jacques, having shown his own knowledge of commanding and tactics, is kept with the central group, led by Lord FeyClaw himself. He is kept near a 'message mage' whose purpose was to relay commands to the other groups.

Harina(? I forget which spelling it is. >.>) is sent ahead with the scouting group, whose main purpose was to assertain the defenses initially and perhaps set up a few distraction assaults. Also to help AP if they could find him, although if he goes quietly with Quinn, he's likely to be inside before they get there.

The other groups are the wingers, there to provide flanking support.

EtherAin Manor

Jakob will be in the smaller body he used to sleep earlier by this point. It is somewhat frail, but good with the two knives strapped to his waist. He'll begin meditating at once to regain his old form, but it will take some time.

"It was flying machine and a rather skilled pilot. Jakob took care of threat, but losses were great. Pilot may still be alive, he was mighty opponent. Little fairy is still out there, tell him he can hurl trees in my stead." It appears Jakob caught on to Quinn's use of telekinesis, since he is familiar with the ability.

((Unless spoken to he'll be meditating for the next five or six posts.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "I am unharmed. Your terms are... Acceptable."
    Quinn attempts to read his mind! Quinn shall know all!
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

"Pieces of music are vegetables for your brain."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    Quinn attempts to read his mind! Quinn shall know all!
    He has a rather strong mental barrier. If he can detect the attempt, he'll snarl, and say "Out of my head.".

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"I can't leave until I find a book hidden somewhere around here. It's keeping me imprisoned here, for lack of better words. I hate magic when it's working against me, don't you?"

Ugh. Locating one book in a library. Finding a needle hidden in a haystack would be far easier than this job.

17. - Top - End - #407

Library of Alexandria

Would you know the book if you saw it?

Zero asks Valaira.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"I know exactly where the book is. It's just a matter of reaching it."

So this isn't going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. It's going to be like reclaiming the golden idol from the overgrown temple as if one was Indiana Jones or something.

19. - Top - End - #409

Where is it? I'll see what I can do.

Zero is in for some traps, I imagine.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

FeyClaw Central Grouping

Jacques is fully armed and ready to personally take part in the battle if necessary. He reloads his revolver with 6 bullets, each marked with a radiation symbol. If anyone nearby seems to recognize it, he'll simply say:

".44 Caliber Thermonuclear. Blows right through most defenses."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Pixie in the Playground

He has a rather strong mental barrier. If he can detect the attempt, he'll snarl, and say "Out of my head.".
    Quinn nods.

"As you wish."

Quinn gets out out of AP's head. He proceeds to lock him in a floating phsycic prison, which doesn't allow him to move and, unless AP does something, floats back to the castle.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. This sentence is false. I'm lying.

Yay paradoxes!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

[EtherAin Exterior]

He lets down the mental barrier, but that's about it.

23. - Top - End - #413

[Skirmish]

He has no plans to go quietly. The intent is to grab the little fairy as soon as possible.

Harina, for that is indeed the spelling, goes with the scouting group without problems.

Will arrives... somewhere when notified. Before that, during the tree tennis, he may have run into the EtherAin heir at the fountain.
    Waiting to see how that turns out...

Probably on the main wall post, where the lithe commander, weilding no weapon in sight, will look him over once and set him on defense... Incidently, Molodai is with the heir ATM. (Which I'm still waiting on.)

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    EtherAin Manor

Jakob will be in the smaller body he used to sleep earlier by this point. It is somewhat frail, but good with the two knives strapped to his waist. He'll begin meditating at once to regain his old form, but it will take some time.

"It was flying machine and a rather skilled pilot. Jakob took care of threat, but losses were great. Pilot may still be alive, he was mighty opponent. Little fairy is still out there, tell him he can hurl trees in my stead." It appears Jakob caught on to Quinn's use of telekinesis, since he is familiar with the ability.

((Unless spoken to he'll be meditating for the next five or six posts.))
    He goes to meditate whilst the Lord prepares to go to the central defense tower!

(Waiting on Molodai, and on the Pilot's attempted capture, before opening the floodgates.

Well, what'dya know. Ninjaed by the very ones. Just waiting for Molodai to either keep talking to the heir, even whilst there's fighting, or go to the walls...)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-10-15 at 09:19 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

"The book is below us. I wouldn't go down there if I were you. Not until you're ready for a battle."

Indiana Jones with monsters of some sort. Fun.

"Let me show you where I live."

Valaira begins to walk away. She's heading up a staircase! Quick! After her!

25. - Top - End - #415

The Library of Alexandria

Zero does his best to follow Valaira.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

[Library of Alexandria]

Valaira will lead Zero up several flights of stairs (up several floors) to a large, nearly empty room with a ten-foot high ceiling. In one corner is a bookcase. Opposite the bookcase lies a tub full of clean, cool water. A few slabs of cured meat hang to the right of this tub. Spread across the floor are a few soft, grey animal pelts. On the walls hang pictures of Zero that appear to have been drawn in charcoal by a toddler. Pages from a few assorted books are also held against the wall by small chunks of bone. A few ripped books and wrinkled scrolls have been set aside in one corner.

"Here's where I've been staying. I know it doesn't look like much, but its not too bad after you grow accustomed to it."

Valaira sighs. She really hates it here. It's cold and she can't go outside.

27. - Top - End - #417

The Library of Alexandria

Well, I'll do my best to make sure you can leave.

Zero says, having seen where Valaira is forced to live.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Library of Alexandria]

"Yeah. This place isn't great by any means. The bed is soft, though! That's good, right?"

Bed? I don't see a bed here! Oh. Valaira is pointing at the animal pelts scattered across the floor. That suffices as Valaria's bed? Valaira yawns loudly.

"I think I'm just going to take a little nap. You're welcome rest too. Your warmth would be much appreciated."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Pixie in the Playground

EtherAin Manor

Quinn doesn't take advantage to AP's lack of barrier, and has the nearest NPC restrain him, leaving them with the command that AP is not to be hurt.
    Awesome Faerie by Ceika

Yay paradoxes!

30. - Top - End - #420

Thanks.

Zero says before attempting to lay down on the pelts.

If I'm going to deal with whatever is near that book, I'm gonna need my energy.