New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel looks at her worriedly, "You were being mind controlled, Kate. It wasn't your own choice. It's happened to me before, even." He'll try to put a hand on her shoulder, "It's fine, you were under the control of another being. It wasn't you that wanted to shoot me."

It does, however, disturb him a bit. He remembers her trying to roll over. if he hadn't stopped her, he probably would be at very least severely injured now.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"It's all in asking for the right thing. Make the fight interesting and fair enough, and Harnel will win. He'd be too driven to lose. Afterwards we can all pounce on her while she's weakened. Course, now we're going to have to put on a show."

"You never did give Harnel much credit." Ilpholin drops the whip shield and snakes out her whip, trying to go for a leg trip as she resumes moving again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate VS Harnel

"I... I know, but how much of it was me? I mean, there is a definite difference, but was it full control or me, but with pokes in certain directions. I was considering eye gouges and groin shots, too."

"Okay, those aren't too bad, but still. I..."

She breathes deeply.

"I don't want it to happen again. The idea of someone putting thoughts into my mind... I really don't like that. And combat was a nightmare. One wrong move, and..."

"Wait. I was casting spells. She put spells in my head. And now She's taken them. And I'm sure that I-"

She sighs.

"Who IS that crazy thing?"

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel shakes his head, "A very powerful being with absolutely nothing to do. All of this was done out of boredom, really."

Harnel will sit down next to her, to offer some comfort, "Exactly what did it feel like though? Going through that change? You seemed like a completely different person."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Shed 5]
    You mentioned tending to my hair earlier.
    She sits on the blanket spread on the floor.
    If you want to do that, we can.
    Shed 8 -> Shed 5
    After a bit of talking to himself(he had a rather fierce debate about shoes), Klenkh returns to Shed 5.
    "I found metal and stuff!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"It's all in asking for the right thing. Make the fight interesting and fair enough, and Harnel will win. He'd be too driven to lose. Afterwards we can all pounce on her while she's weakened. Course, now we're going to have to put on a show."

"You never did give Harnel much credit." Ilpholin drops the whip shield and snakes out her whip, trying to go for a leg trip as she resumes moving again.
    [Ilpholin vs Cessie]

The earth elemental blocks the whip with it's large hand, seemingly ready for it.

I can't risk losing them both Ilpholin! I can't! Not after already losing one husband, I just can't. I already lost Aegnor but the chance of losing Harnel and my children right now? I can't take that Ilpholin, I would go insane. I don't think we could defeat her here anyway. Just please surrender, I don't want to fight you. Cessie replies in a very tense voice, the earth elemental keeping a stoic silence.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-31 at 09:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk VS Wenomir]

Kirk might have managed to land the fall, but with Wenomir under him he's more likely to fall on the other man and collapse in a heap and drop that gem. Unless Wenomir is able to move in time. Then he just barely lands on his feet.
    Luckily, Wenomir is fast, and the presence of a demon makes him even quickier, so he moves out of the way in time.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"Where do you think we LIVE Cessie? They're already are both at risk. You have no guarantee that all five of whomever you got will win. And you know what? Giving in to the 'I don't think we can win' cop-out is EXACTLY how monsters before this one got away with so much."

Ilpholin spins her whip in a mini-circle before snapping it, and sending a smaller force blast at Cessie than at the air elemental from before. But it allows her to repeat a few times, which is what she'll likely do. Need to break through that armor somehow without resorting to the razor sharp method.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar and Charity

Edijar unholsters his pistol and removes the clip and chambered round before taking out a couple tranqs and putting those in it instead. "What rule would that be? You just said we fight until one side doesn't, right?"

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Edijar and Charity

"And I'd appreciate it if you make sure nobody dies,"
    Charity says to Libra. Then she addresses Edijar. "Babe, can I have your med kit?" As a medic-in-training, she has a very basic first aid kit in her belt bag, even though she was just out at the pub and not at work. But she knows the one Edijar carries is way better, and if he's busy fighting, he won't be able to put it to use.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #821

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin vs Cessie]

"Where do you think we LIVE Cessie? They're already are both at risk. You have no guarantee that all five of whomever you got will win. And you know what? Giving in to the 'I don't think we can win' cop-out is EXACTLY how monsters before this one got away with so much."

Ilpholin spins her whip in a mini-circle before snapping it, and sending a smaller force blast at Cessie than at the air elemental from before. But it allows her to repeat a few times, which is what she'll likely do. Need to break through that armor somehow without resorting to the razor sharp method.
    [Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Then I'm sorry

As Ilpholin is attempting to blast through the armor the mage comes out at the other side of the earth elemental and is lift up into the air by another air elemental as the earth elemental goes right towards Ilpholin, attempting to block every blast aimed towards it.

She also forms a force shield around herself similar to the one her sister used before but much more powerful.

Edijar and Charity

"Hrm, well there is only one fight right now. Ilpholin and Cessie. You like to join that one? Sounds like cheating to me unless I make someone else join her..." Libra replies thoughtfully.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel shakes his head, "A very powerful being with absolutely nothing to do. All of this was done out of boredom, really."

Harnel will sit down next to her, to offer some comfort, "Exactly what did it feel like though? Going through that change? You seemed like a completely different person."
    "Hmm..."

"It didn't really... feel. It wasn't seamless, more like I was just suddenly something different, and I had a mission. No problems, just do it. And after that, I didn't have time to think. I guess I should have felt stronger, or powerful, or have taken time to get used to my wings... or... I don't know."

The next part she just whispers, as she really, really does not want Libra to hear.

"I kind of want to go back for a bit, just so I could have time to get a feel for the body, quantify the differences. I don't want the magic or the odd thing where I know how to fight or a calm head in battle, I don't want my mind messed with. But the body was kind of cool, and I'm a bit sad I didn't get to stop and ponder it."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-10-31 at 01:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Ilpholin glances at the earth elemental seemingly taken no damage from her attacks. Then to the recurring air elemental. Then to the seemingly invincible force shield. And it all clicks.
    "No Cessie. I'm sorry." She says out loud as she lowers her whip.

"I'm sorry that I didn't understand you before. I see now what you truly are, and I can only say that I really, truly, do pity you. I surrender."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #824
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Or maybe faith in the right thing. Eericka has endured life thus far with few scars and an exceptional education for a slave, not to mention that her faith has provided her with enough hope to stave off any suicidal or self-destructive tendencies.

The act of the lights in the chamber dimming does inwardly startle and impress Eericka. She doesn't outwardly display any signs of weakness or fear, though. She has lived in near constant fear all of her life. She has learned to live with it. She is visibly startled, however. It only takes her a moment to recompose herself.

"I can live with serving you while being abused to a certain extent. I have mentally accepted that as my fate. I do ask that you respect me just enough not to insult my family. Go ahead and berate me to your heart's desire, Lucifer. Just...just please leave my brother out of this. I didn't know him well, but he was the only brother I've ever had."
    Percival gains his feet and walks towards Eericka. "Eericka, I'm not sure you understand. I don't care about your brother. I'll say as I please, and give you what respect I think you deserve." Percival leans down, very close to the slave. "The next time you speak out against me, I'm going to hurt you. Is that clear?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Luckily, Wenomir is fast, and the presence of a demon makes him even quickier, so he moves out of the way in time.
    [Kirk VS Wenomir]

Kirk lands on his feet then! He places the gem on the ground and shrugs. Time for Wenomir to try and smash it.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

And Wenomir proceeds to attempt to smash the gem with the pommel of his sword.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Actually, racism didn't play a big part of why Terrowin's world got destroyed. Plus, Elezibethele is from another world.

Elezibethele points at the fleeing slave but doesn't move; instead, she chants. It's a prayer in Abyssal, asking for Dalachrech to halt the slave. Mystic hands that aren't fully there reach out and try to grab at him. If successful, they'll pin his arms and legs to his sides. The hands make no move to compensate for his movement if they catch him, though; if successful, he'll likely fall over unable to stop himself.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Azurelle is glad to taste blood, though isn't trying directly to bite off her tongue. Though if the tongue is already detached, she's not going to regret it too much. After a while, though, Azurelle will stop the kiss and lick any blood off her lips. "If I want a kiss, I shall initiate it. If I want anything from you sexually, I shall initiate it. If you desire something sexual, you shall ask and I shall consider it. Is that understood?"

Bronze Pyramid

Aww. I wanted to run a dungeon with a watery conclusion.

Since the door remains where he left it, he can pass through it. Unfortunately, since the corridor beyond has moved, it leads back to where he still is. The Encyclopede appears to have wandered off. Also, there's still the barrier fence to one side, the one with no floor or wall beyond it. Perhaps that's where the Encyclopede went.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-10-31 at 05:31 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Sowwy.
    Maybe some other plot hook will drag him there somehow. Who knows?

"Oh. Umm... hello? I'm ready to go back to the Main Library now." Reinholdt says, as he looks around, before heading towards the fence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #829

What Versus Quinn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    What versus Quinn

Quinn, for her part, waits until the very last second, when What is already swinging -

- and then dives away, rolling clear!

She's hoping he'll be offbalance and knock himself out of his gourd!

That...I don't think that last gourd joke even makes sense.

In any case, What swings and misses. He turns swiftly, in an attempt to change direction and come after Quinn a second time, when-SPLAT!

His crushed pumpkin head falls off his shoulders, knocked loose by the sudden change in direction, and breaking into little pieces upon contact with the ground.

He's still coming after Quinn, though. He raises up his hammer, suit still covered in flames, and...

...drops dead. His suit is ashes, and his head is in pieces all over the ground. Yep, he's dead alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #830
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

Ah well. It's not like I had anything planned.

If Reinholdt looks over the fence, he'll see a massive factory filled with gargantuan robotic and magical arms fixing sheets of bronze plate onto a framework of steel and mithril struts, creating a pyramid shape, roughly similar to the one Reinholdt entered to reach this strange demi-plane. There's at least ten in construction.

Shortly afterwards, the Encyclopede reappears through the doorway- it seems the corridor has reappeared. "Apologies for leaving, but when you started to snore I realised that the process might take longer than we had initially forecast, and I needed to replenish my energy reserves." By adding information to its brain, since that's what it 'eats', if it can be called eating since nothing is destroyed.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Ah. Yeah. Sorry about that. Knew it'd take a while."
    The cat briefly wonders if the Encyclopede ate small animals such as him for energy. It gives him a shudder. Probably not the case, but one never can tell.
    "Anyways, ready to start browsing the library now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Oh, and which subjects are you interested in?" The Encyclopede would be willing to explain how it gained energy, and even for free, but only if asked.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Bronze Pyramid

"Different ones." Reinholdt shows the Encyclopede the notepad of notes Reinholdt took so it can lead the way to the subjects listed!

His player's being all secretive again though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #834
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Percival gains his feet and walks towards Eericka. "Eericka, I'm not sure you understand. I don't care about your brother. I'll say as I please, and give you what respect I think you deserve." Percival leans down, very close to the slave. "The next time you speak out against me, I'm going to hurt you. Is that clear?"

What a shocker! Percival, at heart, is on par with the stereotypical slave owner, easily despised with a base, parasitic ideology governing his every action, charting his course in life. And here Eericka had thought she might have found a master that commanded respect not through acts of coercion but through understanding.

While Eericka is quite relieved that Sir Percival has displayed evil tendencies, thus proving that he is indeed a demon, she doesn't treasure the thought of spending her entire life in his service. He appears to be the abusive type. It could be worse. He could be using Eericka like Azurelle is using her slaves.

"I understand, master. I thank you for issuing me a warning before inflicting your punishments upon me."

Eericka submissively replies, averting her eyes from Percy with great celerity.

Given that Eericka appears as through she shall be serving as Percy's personal medic, it might not be in Percival's best interests to harm her too much. After all, you reap what you sow.

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

The fleeing slave does take a spill as his disreputable mistress intended. However, he does take a precaution that might shock even a woman as evil as Elezibethele. When the man begins to fall, he positions his head in such a manner that his neck should snap like a twig if his body is left to absorb the full force of the fall. This should be accompanied by blunt trauma to the brain. With any luck, that combination of injuries should kill him either outright or in an extremely short amount of time.

Rather than die at the hands of his cruel master, this slave has opted to take his own life. All of the slaves are currently capable of taking this action. Is Elezibethele willing to risk this enormous investment on satisfying her own sick sense of humor?

-----
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

Ouch! That slave's tongue was nearly bitten off. I'd wager she really wants Azurelle dead now. That's not to say that she shall take up arms against Azurelle. It is merely a wish. A desire. A craving burning within her soul.

The wounded slave claps her hands over her bloody mouth and collapses to her knees as soon as she is released, nodding hysterically in response to Azurelle's orders. The other two slaves follow suit, feeling immeasurable sympathy for their sister, but unwilling to turn on their captor...yet.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-31 at 06:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Shed 8 -> Shed 5
    After a bit of talking to himself(he had a rather fierce debate about shoes), Klenkh returns to Shed 5.
    "I found metal and stuff!"
    Likhet looks at him.
    That's good. I found some bits as well.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Likhet looks at him.
    That's good. I found some bits as well.
    Shed 5
    Klenkh took out the wrench(which is a bit rusty), the duck tape, the phillips screwdriver(a bit rusty), two hammers, and the nails.
    "Here are the things I could grab! Wanna go see the rest? There's this big metal box there too!"
    He seems excited.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Hmm..."

"It didn't really... feel. It wasn't seamless, more like I was just suddenly something different, and I had a mission. No problems, just do it. And after that, I didn't have time to think. I guess I should have felt stronger, or powerful, or have taken time to get used to my wings... or... I don't know."

The next part she just whispers, as she really, really does not want Libra to hear.

"I kind of want to go back for a bit, just so I could have time to get a feel for the body, quantify the differences. I don't want the magic or the odd thing where I know how to fight or a calm head in battle, I don't want my mind messed with. But the body was kind of cool, and I'm a bit sad I didn't get to stop and ponder it."
    [Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel tries to put a hand on Kate's shoulder and says, "This is the Nexus, Kate. If you want something to happen, you can find a way... And my winning means Libra owes me a wish." The implication is clear, but Harnel's tone suggests it's entirely her choice. He's not one to force someone into something against their will, after all.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate VS Harnel

"Er... I don't want it that bad. I'm just curious, not really... wanting it. Use that wish how you see best, I'm good. I have a job and a roof and all that."

What more is needed?

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate VS Harnel]

Harnel shrugs. It was an offer of something nice, but got refused, so whatever, "In all honesty, I have no idea what to do with the wish. The original reason for it was to become a dragon, but I don't want that anymore. Would you happen to have any suggestions at all?"

30. - Top - End - #840

[Ilpholin vs Cessie]

Cessie does not give Ilpholin a second glance. "Very well, I accept your surrender."

"Hrm, fiiine, be boring then. I guess none of the fights will end in death's." Libra sigh loudly.

[Kirk VS Wenomir]

The gem is smashed! Allowing the two to talk with each other.